• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 6,769 Views, 74 Comments

Canterlot Wedding - Bookworm217

  • ...
7
 74
 6,769

Six Pointed Stars

Author's Note:

Hi, everyone! To make up for the last chapter’s shortness, I decided to make this chapter extra long. Enjoy!

Rainbow Dash flew as fast as she could behind Cadence, who was leading the way toward were she left Twilight. Eventually, they arrived at a hole hole in the ground. It was right behind the wedding hall. Rainbow Dash nearly threw herself in the hole before Cadence stopped her and Shinging, who was also frantically trying to get through.

“Wait!” Cadence yelled. “Listen, I know that we all want to get to Twilight, and time is running out, but listen, this cave system in really big and confusing, we need to stay together. Ok?” She asked.

“Alright.” Everyone there yelled in unison.

Cadence nodded then dropped down into the cave followed by Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Spike. Cadence led them to the spot were Twilight was, but it took a while and gave the others time to think about all that happened.


Shining was very worried about his sister, but he was also very confused. Every once in a while, he would “feel” Twilight again. No one noticed because he was able to keep his posture, but one time, as they got closer to Twilight, he felt...sadness and regret. He almost stumbled, but, once again, kept his posture. No. He told himself. No one can know just yet. Twilight is the priority, and maybe this is one of her spells. Yes, I’m sure that what I am experiencing! With that Shining’s face expression turned into hopeful as inspected the cave. Again, no one realized his cutie mark glowing a little more brightly now. No one except Spike, who had moved a little more closer to the front on the group.


Spike looked closely at Shining cutie mark, which seemed to glow faintly. He remembered one in incident when Twilight was young and him even younger.

One day when Twilight and Spike were in the Canterlot Liberty studying for a test, when all of a sudden the lights flickered, then went out completely. Twilight and Spike looked around wildly, his eyes tearing up. He looked up at Twilight, who looked equally scared. Twilight looked at him and something changed in her eyes. They soften, and they looked at Spike with a spark in their eyes. These were the eyes of a mother.
“It’s going to be ok, Spike.” She told him. She reached out her hoof and brought him close. “It’s going to be ok.”

After a few minutes, they hear a voice. It was a very loud and scary voice. It came from a unicorn who was wearing a mask.

“Students of Princess Celestia’s School of Gifted Unicorns, I am the Black Unicorn. But I doubt any of you would know me.”
Twilight gasped, her pupils shrinking and her ears falling flat. She knew who this person was, and he was a very bad pony.

“Spike.” She whispered urgently. “Run. This pony is a very bad pony.” She looked around and spotted and open window.
“ Go.” The seven year old pleaded to the young dragon.

“But-“ Spike started, only to be stopped by Twilight’s hoof being shoved in his face.

“That pony is a foalnapper!” She whispered.”Go Spike! Now!”

Unfortunately, the now was a little too loud because the Black Unicorn turned in her direction and smiled sinsterly. “Well” he said making Twilight jump in fear and hug Spike protectively. “ I guess I know who I’m taking with me.”

Just like that Twilight’s horn lit up and Spike was gone in a flash. He reappeared just outside of the Sparkle Family house, which was on the other side of Canterlot. Shining Armor was walking down the street toward the house with a very surprised look on his face. The ten-year old just got back from school and was going to drop off his stuff to go visit Twilight.

“Spike?” He asked, confused. “What are you doing here? Where’s Twi-“ He never got to finish his sentence because ponies started running toward the Canterlot library, with a worried and shocked look on their faces.

Shining stopped one of the mares and asked what was going on. She told him that the foalnapper who nicknamed himself as Black Unicorn has struck again and taken a unicorn filly from the Canterlot Library.

Shining Armor’s face was unreadable. He walked over to Spike and asked in a strained voice:
“Spike, was Twilight in the library?”

“Y-yes.” Spoke answered. He looked like he was about to cry. “T-t scary pony was walking to her a-and she teleported me out.”

Shining Armor’s expression want from unreadable to absolute horror and terror.He levitated Spike with his magic and took off running. He never ran like that before. Half way there, he let out a gasp and stumbled to the ground, the six pointed star on his flank glowing brightly. His eyes were unfocused and his jaw was slack. After a few minutes, his eyes refocused, but his facial expression stayed the way it was when his cutie mark started glowing: shock.

With that he took off in another direction, leaving Spike behind. He came back later that day covered in scratches, the foalnapper in jail, and with Twilight lying limp on his back. Twilight had a concussion and three broken ribs, but she would be fine. When she woke up, Spike immediately ran over to her and hugged her tightly. After that day, Spike saw Twilight as a mother, not a friends.

Shining Armor was ballistic though. When Twilight was unconscious for weeks, Shining wouldn't leave her side, even for school. His parents would drag him, only for him to teleport directly into Twilight's room. When she finally woke up, he squished her, crushing healing ribs, which he apologized. He didn't let her out of his sight for months. Her parents didn't either, and it was a long time before she was allowed to go to the library by herself. Shining seemed to have forgotten all about his cutie mark glowing that day, but Spike never forgot because Shining had saved Twilight's life that day, even if he never spoke about what happened, or were he found Twilight.

Spike's eyes were wide. He never asked about it because he was just as shaken as Twilight and the rest of her family that day. He decided that after they found Twilight, he would ask Shining Armor about it. Suddenly, he ran straight into Shining's left hind leg. Spike was about to yell at Shining for stopping when he looked in front of him and what he saw made all the blood drain from his face. "Twilight..." he whispered, before pushing and shoving his way to the front of the line.


Rainbow Dash kept looking around at her surroundings, ready to attack anything that would pounce at them. She would protect the group until the got to Twilight. Twilight. She though to herself. When I get my hooves on you, you will think twice about scaring me like this. I have always been loyal to her and this is what I get? Her nearly dead. Rainbow Dash nearly pinched the wall, but what stopped her was a blur of purple and red under a column of crystals.


Applejack walked a with Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. Applejack was the first to break the awkward silence.

“Ya’ll think that Twilight’s alright, right?” She asked with a worried tone.

“ Of course she is darling.” Rarity responeded as convincingly as she could.

“She is a very strong pony!” Pinkie exclamed. “ She can withstand anything! Don’t you agree Fluttershy?”

“Fluttershy? Sugar cube?” Applejack asked.

“Darling?” Rarity looked at her question.

Fluttershy said nothing. As her eyes began to water, she pointed her hoof toward a column of collapsed crystals.

Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack let out a gasp of horror. They were speechless. The pony who always was stronger than them now was being crushed by a bunch of crystals.


When they arrived, everyone froze in shock expect Cadence, who ran to Twilight and started to pull.

“Help me!” she hissed at them. “ Can’t you see that she is dying?”

Shining Armor was the first one to move. He ran to Twilight and grabbed one of her hooves. Come on Twilight. He pleaded. Stay with us. The rest of Twilight’s friends joined in pleaded along with Shining Armor.

Little did they know that Twilight could hear them, but she wasn’t the only one.

Well, well,well. A sickly disoriented voice echoed the walls off the cave. “Look who it is.”

Cadence yelled and let go of Twilight’s hoof.
Shining just gripped it tighter. Twilight’s friends also hung on.

What made them let go was the sudden change in crystals’s color. They went from purely clear to sickly black. Worse of all, Twilight’s body turned black and her breathing was raspy. She was in pain. Shining could feel it. He collapsed and started writhing in pain, the star on his cutie mark glowing brightly. He saw Twilight trying to tell him something important.

”Shining! Listen!”
She was stuggling, she was being held back by ropes that were black and smokey. They were hurting her a lot.
“Shining! I don’t have enough time! Don’t try to save me! Just keep my soul away from Sombra and him! You remember him...” Twilight’s voice became inaudible as one of the ropes slithered up her neck and squeezed her throat.
“Twilight!” Shining yelled, trying to run to her, but he began to dissolve. Before he disappeared, she managed to choke out:

Protect...the empire...from...both of...them.


Shining’s eyes snapped open. He looked around widely. His eyes focused on his little sister, he knew what he had to do, no matter what she said. He grabbed her hoof and pulled with all of his might.

I would not do that if I were you. The voice spoke. Shining was throw back by the shock wave that came from the crystals on top of Twilight. Shining could hear her heart beat slowing down from the strain of pumping blood to make up for all of the blood she lost. Shining’s eyes focused. He jumped at Twilight again with determination in his eyes. He pulled and pulled as if his life depended on it. When the shock wave came, he was ready for it. His horn lit up with such an aura that Cadence and the rest of Twilight’s friends were thrown back. Cadence saw what was about to happen and she teleported everypony to safety. Everyone but Shining Armor and Twilight.

Shining concentrated on his magic and he was overwhelmed by all of the magic he was having access to. He created a shield so powerful that the shockwave bouced harmlessly off of it.

Hmm. You and your sister are back. Well two can play at that game! The shadow appeared in a smokey form and fired a beam at Shining’s shield. The beam was very powerful, but Shining’s shield held strong. His cutie mark was glowing very brightly now and so was Twilight’s which could be seen through the crystal. Shining’s spell was fueled by his emotions, which can be a very dangerous thing for unicorns, but this was different. He was using not only his magic and emotions but also Twilight’s this made there spell even more powerful. With one final thought, Shining Armor expanded the shield. The smokey figure screamed in pain and dove into the crystals for protection.

Shining was panting heavily, since Twilight was unconscious, he had to do the heavy lifting, which gave him a headache.

Twilight he thought and went to go check his sister’s state. He was relieved when he heard a heart beat that was a little stronger than before. He pulled her out of the pile of crystals and examined her injuries. He began to panic as her saw many cuts and punctures, only to realize that she wasn’t bleeding anymore. He looked in confusion at his flank and at hers. Both were glowing faintly. “What is happening to us?” He thought quietly as he lay her gently on his back and began carry her out of there. He vowed that he would find out what was going on and what the smokey figure meant by “your back”.


”So the Six Pointed Siblings have returned?” A unicorn with a pitch black coat asked Sombra. “Yes your Excellency.” He responded. “They are quite powerful.”
“Hmm.” The cloaked unicorn mused. “ Bring me the mare, and you will have your friend back. Fail, and she will never see the light of day again. Am I clear Sombra?”
“Yes your Majesty.” Sombra mumbled.
After Sombra left, the unicorn thought to himself:
“Even if Sombra’s trap didn’t work, I know that he was going to turn on me as soon as he has what he needs to save Raident Hope. With the mare’s help, I will overpower him, bring back the empire he so foolishy made disappear into thin air, and make Equestria fall to its knees!”
He smiled in spite of himself, as he was so sure that he couldn’t fail. What he forgot was that Cadence made a powerful promise. A promise made from the bottom of her heart.