• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 6,750 Views, 74 Comments

Canterlot Wedding - Bookworm217

  • ...
7
 74
 6,750

Crystal Clear

"She grows weaker by the ssssssecond." The shadow told himself. "When her soul is mine, I will be able to help a friend I betrayed so long ago. I need to do this because...

I promised her...


Cadence ran and ran as fast as she could toward the crystal cave's entrance. She didn't even hear her fiance, friends and family calling her, begging her to slow down and explain what happened to Twilight. Images flashed in her mind of the moments in the cave when Twilight had pushed her out of the way of those falling crystals so that she could be the hero to stop Queen Chrysalis, but she would rather have been defeated than have Twilight's life in danger. She didn't even notice that she was flying now. Part of her talent was the ability to fly really, really fast, so fast that even Rainbow Dash had trouble keeping up. But today, she was too distracted to focus on her power. Rainbow caught up to her easily. She tackled Cadence to the ground. That snapped Cadence out of her trance. She yelled at Rainbow Dash, " Let me go! Get off of me! There is no time!" She screamed. She could feel the spell that she put on Twilight disappearing. In a few minutes, the spell would fade and Twilight would bleed to death.

"We won't let you go until you tell us what the hay happened to Twilight!" Rainbow Dash screamed back. She was obviously worried about her. So were the rest of her family and friends. She could feel their worry, they were scared about what happened to her. After taking some calming breaths, she got up and looked at them. She spoke in a rushed voice. She didn't have a moment to lose.

" Ok, I'll tell you what happened. But, I should warn you, its not pretty."


After Shining heard what happened to Twilight, his panic and worry grew. He could tell that Twilight's friends also felt the urge to go find her. After Cadence was done, everyone there needed a moment for that to set in. Shining was about to ask Cadence to take them to the caves when he felt something he had never felt before. For a moment he felt Twilight done in the caves. He could hear her thoughts. he knew exacted where she was in the cave systemHe could also feel her pain, he could also feel an enchantment that was keeping her alive fading. Before this ended, Shining could feel her breathing and heartbeat. Both of them were shallow and slowing down. Shining stumbled, eyes wide in what he just experienced. Everyone looked at him in surprise.

"Darling, are you alright?" Rarity asked in concern. Cadence also looked at him, both worried and curious.
"I'm fine." Shining gasped. He was in shock. For a moment there, he told himself.I was...connected to her in a way.
He looked up at Cadence and said "I'm fine. Lets go save Twilight!" Cadence looked at him suspiciously than nodded. She pointed in the direction of the cave's entrance. Shining regained his hoofing and followed them, but his thoughts elsewhere.
That-that was crazy! He told himself. I-i never been able to do that before even when me and Twilight were foals! We were and still are pretty close, but we never connected mentally like that. Shining was frustrated. He decided that he would look into it later. Right now, he had to focus on saving his sister.

While all of this was going on, no one noticed the six-pointed star of Shining Armor's flank glow faintly.

Author's Note:

Hi! Sorry for the shortness and the cliffhanger, school has been really tough and me being grounded didn't help :raritydespair: but I'm back and I just wanted to give a special shout out and thank you the users xavex and Regdar Blackstrand. Also wanted to point out that Twilight isn't dead yet. Many people reading this fic think that she is. She isn't.

PS: I apologize again for both the cliffhanger and the shortness of the chapter. Usually don't do cliffhangers because I know how it feels when a chapter you really like ends on a cliffhanger and you have to wait for the next chapter. The shortness is also due to the fact that I'm currently brainstorming a ideas for a different story. I promise that the next chapter will be longer.