• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 6,771 Views, 74 Comments

Canterlot Wedding - Bookworm217

  • ...
7
 74
 6,771

Promises

Author's Note:

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic content.

This is my first fic on this site, so please excuse paragraph formatting. This chapter was hard to write because I love MLP a lot and I wasn't sure of how of how to capture this scene into words. You see, I'm not really good at retelling things at already happened in episodes, I like to use my imagination. Next chapter will be better.

"Hello?" called Twilight in the darkness. " Is anyone there?" She asked the darkness. She walked forward, straight into a wall that had a reflective surface. As she looked into her reflection, she hear a very distant laugh. It wasn't a giggle, nor was it a very joy filled Pinkie Pie laugh. It was a very evil laugh. Twilight tried talking again.

" Where am I? Twilight called one last time.

" The caves beneath Canterlot." Cadence's voice responded, her image appearing on the walls of the cave.
" Once home to the greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside, and now-

Your Prison!"
" Help! Help!" Twilight panicked,trying to get way from Cadence.

Cadence just laughed.

"Its no use. No one can hear you. And no one will ever think to look for you either. Most ponies have forgotten that

these cave even exist. Which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try interfere with my plans." She said

she a smug smile on her face.

"Plans? What plans?" Twilight asked, fearfully. She was worried for the safety of the ones she loves.

Cadence made a innocent looking face.
" The plans I have for your brother of course."

Twilight became very angry, she could not, no she would not let this monster hurt her BBBFF, even if he kicked her out of his own wedding.
"Don't you dare do anything to my brother, you-you monster!" Twilight threatened.
" Only way to stop me is to catch me." She said in a sing songy voice.
They went back and forth, Twilight trying to blast the crystals with Cadance on them, only for her to appear on a different crystal, taunting Twilight. Eventually, Twilight broke a certain crystal and created a hole in the wall. Cadance was on the other side of the crystal wall with a very surprised look on her face. She was very dirty and skinny. Her mane was messy. Twilight didn't even notice.

She lunged at her.

" No! Wait! " Cadence cried.

Twilight trapped this Cadence underneath her with her legs. "Please, don't hurt me." Cadence asked fearfully. When Cadence looked up and saw Twilight, her face lit up in hope as she recognized Twilight.

" Twilight, its me! Please, you have to believe me! I've been imprisoned like you! The Cadence who brought you down here was an impostor." Cadence pleaded.

" Likely story." Twilight said with an angry face. She wouldn't fall for the same trick twice. Cadence then did something that Twilight did not expect. Something from Twilight's past that only she and Cadence could possible know. Something that earlier 'Cadence' dismissed.

Sunshine Sunshine
Lady bugs awake. Clap your Hooves.

"And do a little shake." Twilight completed, shocked.
" You remember me!" Twilight cried, full of joy.
" Of course I do. Cadence said. " How could I forget the filly I loved to sit for the most?"
After they had a moment, Cadence looked up and saw a spark of light, somewhere deep in the cave. That has to be the way out. She thought to herself. I have to help my beloved. I have to save my wedding day!
She and Twilight looked at each other nodded. " We have to get out of here." Twilight said. "We have to stop her!"


Spike looked at the door of the wedding hall, hoping that a purple mare would walk through them. He still couldn't believe that Shining Armor had thrown his own little sister out of his own wedding, and that everyone else had followed in pursuit. Twilight said that Cadence was evil. He told himself. Everypony saw it. Why would Twilight say something like that? Why would she act so possessive of him? She said that she was happy for him, and she seemed very happy when she found out that he was marrying Cadence, but why would she yell and make a big fuss about Cadence being evil? Twilight doesn't just make claims like that, maybe she really- Spike's train of though was interrupted by the sound of the wedding starting, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was horribly wrong and that Twilight was in terrible danger.


Twilight and Cadence ran and ran toward the small spark of light that was their way out of the caves. After Cadence's song about her love for Shining, Twilight vowed that she would do whatever it took for the two of them to marry each other. Shining may have kicked me out of his wedding. Twilight thought, fighting to keep tears from falling.But I love him either way. He will get married, even if- Twilight's train of thought was interrupted when she noticed something about the column of rock and crystal that Cadence was near. The crystals were shaking and coming lose. Twilight's eyes widen as her realized what was going to happen. "Cadence no!" was all Twilight was able to say before she pushed Cadence to safety and the column of crystals fall on top of her, crushing and cutting her. Cadence let out a cry of shock and sadness as she ran over to Twilight with tears in her eyes.


Something's wrong. Spike told himself. I can feel it. His worried eyes wandered over to Twilight's friends, each of them had a smile on their face. Spike's eyes wandered the room, scanning the faces of all the ponies in the room. They all had smiles on their faces. His eyes eventually drifted over to Shining Armor's blank expression. His eyes seemed to have a greenish tint to them. Spike's eyes widen in realization. Twilight was right.


Cadence was in shock of what Twilight had just done. She stared at a barely conscious Twilight Sparkle. When a small pool of blood started to form, Cadence ran over to Twilight.

"Twilight, what did you do?!" She half screamed half sobbed to Twilight. " What did you do?!'
"I-I wanted you to h-have a very special d-day." Twilight whispered. She was losing strength and fast.

" It won't be special without you there, right by my side." Cadence cried hysterically. " I'm going to get you out of there." Cadence said, determined.

" You c-can't." Twilight begged " Canterlot i-is b-being i-invaded." Twilight stuttered "Cadence l-look at m-me."
"Promise me t-two t-things: you'll m-marry S-Shiny and that you'll t-tell him, S-Spike, Princess C-Celestia t-that I f-forgive t-them. Ok?"

Cadence was torn. Twilight was dying and Canterlot was under attack. She had to make a choice, Canterlot or Twilight. Tears were streaming down her face. She made her choice.

With a choke and a sob she whispered to Twilight:

"I promise."