• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 2,567 Views, 18 Comments

The Crystal Prince - Star Moon



Prince Topaz has been missing over 1,000 years. Princess Luna, his fiancée, has never stopped looking for him. But one night, a bat pony in the night guard regains his memory as the missing Prince Topaz.

  • ...
9
 18
 2,567

Topaz's Promise

The six young mares stared, wide-eyed and open mouthed, at Prince Topaz. Not even the talkative ponies said a word.

Prince Topaz knew that what Luna said was true, but he wasn't one to boast about his power, especially when Luna did that for him. He landed beside the dark alicorn and uncomfortably rubbed his blind eye with his wing.

Rarity's expression turned to horror when the prince's blind eye was revealed. "Oh dear! Whatever happened to you?" she exclaimed.

"Nothing that concerns you," Topaz spat, turning away and exiting the dining hall. They act like commoners from a village or something! He shivered at the thought and picked up his pace. He trotted out of the castle, not wanting to speak with any more ponies. He was very unsettled by how those mares acted, especially the little dragon. His pace soon escalated into a full on gallop once he was no longer in the sights of the guards.

"Topaz? Why did you run out of there?" Luna's soft voice stopped the stallion in his tracks. The princess landed in front of him, her eyes full of concern.

"They all acted like village ponies. Not to mention how they hardly let me speak! They seem quite rude, with no thought at all as to what they say! Only that quite pegasus seemed to know her manners. Oh, don't even let me get started on the bratty one!" Topaz exclaimed.

"They were just excited. Sure, Rarity and Rainbow Dash could think more before they speak, but that's no reason to make them think they frightened you!" Luna pressed.

"They did...." Topaz muttered, sitting down with a heavy sigh. "That pink one was well over the top, the rainbow one seemed very cocky, that farmer gives me the chills, that unicorn made you angry, and that dragon is,,, well, a dragon!"

"Topaz, I understand it must be hard for you. But you really need to stop seeing for their flaws," Luna urged. "Start seeing ponies for their good qualities."

Silence settled between the two alicorns. After several minutes of silence, Topaz let out a sigh. "Right now, I'm more worried about my Empire. I still have not returned to my full strength, so I can't even go protect it from that monster. I still feel trapped... Like... I'm going to wake up to find myself bound chains, surrounded by fire, and unable to do anything except listen to the wails and screams of the Crystal Ponies," he lowered his head as he spoke, his voice wavering.

"Was that... when the Crystal Empire disappeared?" Luna asked softly.

"Yes... I had never felt so powerless before. If the citizens of the Crystal Empire say they were tortured.... Just know... I went through worse than they did," Topaz's voice was dark as he spoke.

"It's all over now, My Love. Soon, you will be able to reclaim your Empire," Luna reassured her coltfriend, wrapping her wing around him in an attempt to comfort him.

Topaz smiled weakly at his marefriend. "I still have to get into the Empire with being attacked. I can regain no more strength until the Crystal Heart is powered." As if he suddenly decided on something, he stood up.

"Tia stills wants for the Element Six to escort you there," Luna said, standing up as well.

"I... understand..." Topaz nodded. "Come, let's go and celebrate our reunion, shall we?"

"That sounds lovely. I know the best restaurant in Canterlot, follow me!" Luna replied.

The two alicorns flew back to Canterlot, avoiding the castle by ducking through clouds when they flew past it. They landed just outside a boutique, startling several ponies.

"Princess Luna, did you come to pick up the gown?" a well dressed unicorn stallion asked, bowing to the princess.

"Not today, Fancypants," Luna replied, shaking her head.

"I see. Is there any other reason you have come?" Fancypants asked, eying Topaz with a kind smile.

"Yes. Would you mind helping Topaz with a new outfit? Preferably something that matches what he is already wearing," Princess Luna requested. "I already have a dress in mind. Topaz, I'll meet you by the statue at sunset."

"Alright," Topaz nodded. He nuzzled Luna's cheek before she trotted off.

"Are you the fiancé Princess Luna has talked about?" Fancypants asked, ushering Topaz into the boutique.

Topaz nodded silently, looking around at all the clothes on display around the room.

"This is just the shoppe. I make custom orders back here," The Prench stallion said, leading the prince to a room at the back of the boutique.

"So... Luna still sees me.... as her..." Topaz began uncertainly.

"Oui, she has said that you are the Crystal Prince. She seemed much happier today than any other time I have seen her," Fancypants spoke while holding different fabrics up to Topaz with his magic. He went through hundreds of blue and silver fabrics before sighing in defeat. "None of these work. They either clash with your mane or are too plain compared to what you have on. Wait right here for a moment, s'il vous plait."

Topaz watched the unicorn leave the room. He doubted this designer had any fabric that wouldn't clash or seem too plain.

After a while, Fancypants returned with a bag in his mouth. He set the bag down near Topaz and used his magic to pull out the fabric that was inside. "This fabric has been passed down through ma famille. It cam from the Cristal Empire long ago."
====================================================+===============================================

By the time Fancypants finished making Topaz a vest that resembled the armor of the Crystal Knights, the moon had already began to rise.

"She might try to kill me," Topaz groaned, pausing just outside of Fancypants' boutique to light up his horn. He looked around, noticing the street was not as busy as it was earlier. He trotted over to a statue that stood just outside what looked to be a theater, not seeing Luna anywhere.

"Topaz!" Luna's voice stopped the stallion before he reached the statue. "Sorry, I didn't realize how long it would take for me to get here without the night guards noticing."

Topaz turned around, about to say something but he froze when he saw Luna.

She was wearing a silver dress dotted with light blue gems.

"W-wow," Topaz breathed, awed by the beauty of the mare approaching him.

"Topaz?" Luna asked, waving her left front hoof in front of Topaz's face.

Topaz shook himself out of his state of awe. "Yes, Lulu?"

"Can you promise me something?" Luna asked, her voice softer than usual.

"Anything for you," Topaz replied.

"Topaz, I... can you... the wedding..." Luna fumbled to find the right words looking everywhere but at the stallion she spoke to.

Topaz chuckled lightly, closing the distance between himself and the princess. "I can promise you, as soon as Sombra is defeated, we can finally have our wedding," he murmured.

Luna smiled up at him as they both met in a kiss. Her heart nearly exploded as she thought about how long it has been since she felt this way.

Author's Note:

Sorry if Fancypants never actually speaks "Prench", but I need to practice using French in sentences correctly.