• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 2,567 Views, 18 Comments

The Crystal Prince - Star Moon



Prince Topaz has been missing over 1,000 years. Princess Luna, his fiancée, has never stopped looking for him. But one night, a bat pony in the night guard regains his memory as the missing Prince Topaz.

  • ...
9
 18
 2,567

Dreams of the Past

A stallion with white fur, white wings, and a neatly groomed blue and purple mane and tail stood near the railroad tracks. His crystal body helped him remain unnoticed by several crystal ponies who went about with their day. The crystal alicorn was waiting for his fiancée to arrive on the next train. He knew the train hadn't even left Canterlot yet, but he was too excited to wait for the moon to begin rising. Tomorrow, he was going to be crowned king, but that wasn't on his mind at all. He was thinking about his wedding that would take place in a week. He shuffled his hooves as he sat down, barely able to contain his excitement.

"Prince Topaz! Hurry!" a frightened scream alerted the alicorn of an attack.

Prince Topaz spread his large wings and lept into the air. He flew towards his castle, sending a spell to the base of the giant crystal. He readied another spell, his horn glowing light blue, and he found his target.

A monster known as Sombra was rampaging through the Crystal Empire, his bright red eyes set on the prince. Wherever Sombra went, the crystals darkened and became more pointed, no doubt unsettled by the dark magic Sombra rapidly fired at the flying prince.

Topaz dodged the dark spells, knowing that if one hit him, the Empire was doomed to fall into the hooves of Sombra. He shot his spell at the attacker, getting hit by one himself. He let out a howl of pain as his vision faded into nothingness.
=============================================+======================================================

Silent Flight jolted awake, wincing at the pain in his right eye. He had no idea what his dream was about, but it felt real to him.

"Flight! Your awake!" the relieved sigh of Princess Luna confused the bat pony.

His mind was wrapped around that dream and he had trouble recalling where he was.

"I think your eye is blind... Flight? What is it?" the princess noticed the horrified look on her guard's face and became concerned.

"That... dream," he gasped, shaken as images from the dream and something else raced through his mind.

"Huh?" the princess closed her eyes and laid down as her horn began to glow.

Silent Flight looked around, too tired to notice that he was in Princess Luna's room. After a while he began to doze off, plunging into another dream.
=============================================+======================================================

A young crystal alicorn trotted through a beautiful garden. He looked up at the sound of laughter and watched two young alicorns chase each other in the sky.

The smaller of the two alicorns, flew into a cloud and started to fall. "Celestia! Help!" she cried out , frantically flapping her wings.

The colt began to flap his own wings and flew into the sky. He sped over to the falling filly and caught her with a levitation spell. He flew back to the ground and released the filly from his spell.

"Luna! Are you alright?" young Celestia asked, landing beside her sister.

"Yeah.. he saved me. Hey! You just got your cutie mark!" young Luna exclaimed, pointing her hoof at the colt's flank.

The colt looked at his flank and smiled. The cutie mark that just appeared his flank on three crystals forming a crown. "Cool! Hey, My name is Topaz by the way. What are your names?" he asked the fillies.

"My name is Celestia. This is my sister, Luna," young Celestia replied.

"I remember this."

At the sound of Princess Luna's voice, the young colt spun around as the dream vanished. The crystal alicorn bowed to Princess Luna. "Princess!"

"I came to investigate what had scared you so badly... I think I'm in the right dream..." the princess replied. "That was the first time I met Topaz. Why were you dreaming about it?"

"I have no idea, Princess Luna." the stallion replied.

The stallion suddenly gasped, his eyes wide. Memories from his life before his defeat flashed in front of his eyes.

"What is going on!?" Princess Luna exclaimed, backing away from the stallion.

The stallion collapsed as a room formed around the two alicorns. He lay on the floor, panting heavily.

"F-Flight?" Luna cautiously approached the stallion as he sat up.

"Who's Flight?" the alicorn asked, his crystal blue eyes found Princess Luna and he scrambled to his hooves. "Luna!"

"Topaz?" Princess Luna croaked, not sure she was seeing things correctly.

"Yes, i'ts me. How long have I been under that spell?" Topaz asked, seeing the confusion in Luna's eyes.

"Well over 1,000 years," Luna replied, her eyes tearing up.
=============================================+======================================================

Both alicorns scrambled to their hooves and embraced each other happily.

"Luna, I'm sorry," Topaz whispered, tears forming in his eyes.

"What for? You couldn't fight that spell Sombra put on you. How did you manage to break it?" Luna cried, tears falling to the floor.

"With your help." Topaz murmured, blinking away his tears, but causing them to roll down his cheeks instead.

"Luna, why did I get a strong- TOPAZ?" Celestia's stunned yell startled the two alicorns.

Two guards burst into the room, their jaws dropping when they saw the tears streaming down Luna's face.

Topaz took a deep breath and began to explain everything that happened before he went missing. "I was waiting by the train station for Luna. Stupidly, my mind was on something other than my surroundings. I was alerted of Sombra's attack by the librarian and I hurried to fight him. I hid the Crystal Heart somewhere Sombra can never find it with a spell I had been practicing earlier that day. He nearly got me with the first spell he shot at me, but I managed to doge it. I did everything I could to protect the Empire, but... he still got me. Please, what state is the Empire in? I must know, Celestia! Luna?"

Both mares shook their heads sadly. "Sombra has almost taken control of the Empire once again. There are two ponies there who are doing everything in their power to keep him at bay, but without the Crystal Heart, they are finding it increasingly hard," Luna sighed, after a moment of silence. "I understand if you want to go know and fight him, but please be extra careful. I don't want to lose you again, My Love."