• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 2,183 Views, 33 Comments

Crazy Taxi: Pony Edition - The card holder



Ever play Crazy Taxi? It's pretty much that, but with ponies.

  • ...
2
 33
 2,183

It's party time, let's have some fun!

"What do you mean, Dashie? You were awesome!"

"Yeah, but that landing was sure to have hurt my chances."

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie had just left a Wonderbolts tryout. All had gone well for the pegasus, until she tried to perform six consecutive mid-air flips while only a few yards off the ground. During the fourth flip, she landed wing-first, badly spraining her wings to where she couldn't fly for a bit. Pinkie was with her simply because she wanted to be. Now they walked the streets of San Franciscolt, trying to make heads or tails of where to go to get back to the hotel for the day. Rainbow wasn't that used to not being able to simply fly around, but Pinkie seemed comfortable enough.

"Pinkie, are we going the right way to the hotel?"

"I have no idea!" was the cheery reply.

Rainbow face-hooved. "That's it, we're calling a cab."

"Oooh, I hope we get a taxi like Rarity told us about, that sounded super-duper fun!"

"I doubt it was really like that, Pinks. Rarity can be a bit of a drama queen, you know?" She went ahead and hailed a cab. At first, none showed up. Then, out of nowhere, a convertible taxi comes flying down the road, another pony in the back. The car suddenly drifted onto the sidewalk, Pinkie and Rainbow barely dodging it. The passenger gets out while tossing a seemingly random amount of bits into the back seat.

"I didn't expect to get here so fast!" the passengers says before running off into a nearby building. The taxi start moving again, sliding into place right in front of Pinkie and Rainbow.

"I'm at your service!" the driver says. He had on a blue shirt with sleeves that fit over his dark brown coat, and was wearing a tropical hat and sunglasses. He was wearing a smile that could rival Pinkie's.

In a way that only Pinkie Pie could manage, she was already in the back seat. "Come on, Dashie! This will be fun!"

Rainbow was a bit skeptic, due to the taxi nearly killing her and Pinkie. Still, she couldn't fly, and this seemed to be the next best thing. She hopped in next to her pink-as-hell friend before turning to the driver.

"Hey, mister, could you take us to the hotel?"

"Yeah, we'll be on our way!" He put the car in gear and launched down the road, just as a song started blaring from the speakers. Rainbow Dash was surprised by both the speed and the excitement of the ride. They had near misses with other cars and ponies, and slid around all of the turns they came across. Pinkie Pie thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

"Wheeeeee!" While Pinkie voiced her approval, Rainbow simply held on. It was almost like when she flew, but a bit more... dangerous. It reminded her of some of the roller coasters she had been on in the past, except this had no rails and no safety measures whatsoever. Even when they slammed into other cars while drifting, Pinkie never stopped shouting.

Up ahead, a drawbridge was raised to the left, and Rainbow was sure that the driver would jump it. Instead, he veers left early, dropping into the water. The pegasus is so surprised that she swallows a mouthful of water. Somehow, Pinkie suddenly had a snorkel and mask on, and she was silently screaming in delight. The car ramped up back out of the water, and Rainbow started coughing violently, getting the water out of her lungs.

Rounding another corner, the road sloped up sharply. The driver only gunned the engine more, lifting into the air upon reaching the flat intersection. They kept flying forward, jumping off of two more hills before the street leveled out again. Suddenly, the cabbie slammed the steering wheel to the side, causing the taxi to go into a sliding u-turn. He stops on the curb, and Rainbow looks up and sees their hotel. She hops out, Pinkie joining her side. The earth pony reaches into... somewhere, and tosses some bits into the back seat.

"Thanks for the ride, mister cab driver person!" she calls out while waving.

"Nothing I can't handle!" he replies, before launching the cab off to other waiting customers. Once it's out of sight, Rainbow turns to her friend.

"Say, Pinkie, where did you get those bits?"

"Oh, I just robbed a bank!"

"Oh, okay.... Wait, what?"