• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 3,731 Views, 15 Comments

Poor Boy’s Greatest Saviors - Lonely Fanboy48



The Rainbooms offers to help an eight year old who has been bullied to the point he almost committed suicide.

  • ...
12
 15
 3,731

Chocolate Full Of Pure Love

Oliver didn’t even make eye contact with the Rainbooms once his mother left, but it didn’t stop the girls from trying to cheer him up.

The boy felt his chin lifted up, and found himself looking at the sunny, smiling face of Pinkie Pie.

“Come on Oliver. Turn that frown upside-down. We’re here to have fun,” Pinkie said.

The boy didn’t respond at all. He didn’t even blink.

Pinkie had never been faced with such sadness. So profound was the boy’s sorrow that she could almost feel it just by touching his shoulder. She almost didn’t know if she had the capacity to help this poor child. Not knowing what else to do, she brought him closer to herself for a small hug.

Even with the boy in her arms, letting him hear her heartbeat, she still could not fathom the dark place where Oliver was.

“Pinkie Pie?” Fluttershy asked.

Pinkie didn’t even need to answer. Just the look on her face told Fluttershy everything she needed to know: Pinkie needed help. Heeding her friend’s plea, Fluttershy knelt down to speak to Oliver.

“Hello. I’m Fluttershy,” she introduced herself.

Oliver said nothing.

“You can talk to us, if you want. My friend Twilight has a whole list of activities planned. And Pinkie Pie knows all of the fun things to do, and fun places to go on the beach,” Fluttershy continued.

“Yeah. Come on, Oliver. Let’s go over here for a second,” Pinkie said, leading the boy away.

Pinkie led him away to her spot on the beach, where she sat down with him on her pink beach towel. “Okay. I want to know some things first, Oliver. First: what’s your favorite dessert?”

Still nothing from Oliver. No motions. No eye contact. And no answer.

Pinkie was running out of ideas. And after only her first try. Until--

“A chocolate muffin.”

“Hm?” Pinkie said, “Who said that?” She looked around for the source of the answer.

“I like chocolate muffins,” Oliver blandly repeated.

“I know there’s concession stands that sells muffins, but I’ll make one just for you because if there’s one thing the stands don’t have in the muffins is love.”

“How are you going to make a muffin on the beach?” He blinked.

“I’m going to work at the stands so I can make the muffin by myself. And it’s going to be just for you. Wait here a second.”

Pinkie practically ran out of her sandals to go to the concessions stand to make her muffin for her new friend. While Oliver waited, Fluttershy and Spike sat by him.

“Oliver. I don’t mean to make you sad, but: do you want to talk? About your problem?” Fluttershy asked.

“Fine,” Oliver answered.

Fluttershy was taken aback by the drab answer, but carried on.

“Okay. Um...what did the bullies look like?” Fluttershy asked.

“They were four bullies, one who’s strong and scary, one who’s smart and sneaky, one who’s always calls me a snitch and names and of course the leader who always put me down when I try to do the right thing.”

Fluttershy gasped after hearing Oliver. “Wow, those bullies were unstoppable! And you had to deal with four at once!”

“And I never thought the smart bully would record your misery.” Spike called.

“Tell me about it. During my time at home I’ll barely play with my baby, my little sister, my bigger brother and my puppy.” He sobbed.

“Wow, your family is huge.” Fluttershy commented.

“My parents are always responsible, sometimes my uncles come over to take care of everything.” Oliver answered.

Spike noticed that Oliver said he had a puppy at his place, and wanted to know about it. “You had a puppy? Does he feel sad that you always stay in your room?”

“Yes, I wanted to play with him but I was too sad to even think about it,” Oliver answered.

As a puppy, and having known other puppies from around the neighborhood, Spike was given an idea about what to do first.

“Hey Twilight! You should start recording now,” Spike said. “I’m gonna help him.”

Twilight didn’t know what her dog was up to, but took out the camera and made her way to Pinkie’s spot.

“What are you going to do?” Twilight wondered.

“You’ll see,” Spike said slyly.

All puppies had a repertoire of moves they used to bring smiles to human faces. And he knew just the one that never failed.

Quick as a wink, Spike darted in front of Oliver, and started playing in the sand. After rolling around, he put his paws on the boy’s knees and started licking his face.

Oliver smiled a little, remembering back to the old days, before the whole bully situation, when he would always play with his dog.

“Thanks, you know I didn’t notice that you’re able to talk.”

“Trust me, me and the girls went through a lot too.” Spike said. “How about you scratch my ear?”

Oliver nevered scratch his puppy’s ear before, but knew it was something dogs liked. He reached out his fingers to scratch Spike’s ear, making Spike stick his tongue out and kick his leg.

“Ohhh yess, keep doing that.” He said.

Twilight giggled as she continued to record.

The other girls looked on what Oliver is doing.

Soon Oliver was getting used to this. Over the next ten minutes, he scratched Spike’s ears, rubbed his tummy and played with his paws..

“Awwww, look at Spike.” Sunset said. “Oliver is really trying to make Spike happy.”

When the girls continued to watch Oliver, Twilight notice something about him. “I think what he does best is to make his family members proud of him. The way he treats Spike is like what he does to his puppy.”

“Yeah, this boy is making your dog happier than I thought.” Applejack said, putting her hands on her knees as she leaned over.

Finally, Pinkie Pie was done making the chocolate muffin for Oliver. However, she add chocolate frosting and little chocolate sprinkles on the top.

Once she returned to her friends, she saw that Oliver was scratching Spike’s tummy, which brought a smile to her face.

She gave the muffin to Sunset because she wanted to surprise Oliver for making Spike happy. Sneaking up behind Oliver, she put both of her hands on his eyes which caused him to stop scratching Spike.

“Guess who's back with you muffin?” Pinkie asked.

“You?” He responded.

“Yep!” Pinkie answered, as she hugged the boy, and lifted him off the ground. “You’re scratching every part of Spike’s body? That’s very cute of you.”

“Well I do have a puppy, so I wanted Spike to feel happy,” Oliver said.

Pinkie broke the hug to allow Oliver back on the ground. She took the muffin from Sunset and hid it behind her back.

“So, are you excited to eat your muffin?”

“Kind of.” Oliver answered

Pinkie presented the chocolate muffin to him with a plastic plate and a napkin.

“Why is there frosting on top of the muffin?” He wondered.

“Everyone knows that chocolate is never enough, with extra love from me. Go ahead, eat your dessert.”

She paid close attention to Oliver while Twilight was still recording this.

When Oliver picked up his muffin, he took deep breaths still feeling the nightmares from his past. But, when he finally took the first bite of his muffin, he stood still. Never before had he ever tasted a muffin so great. And it was all because of the love produced from Pinkie’s talent. Pinkie worked hard to make more love for his muffin to where she refused to give up.

Oliver eyes went wide as the flavor caught everywhere in his mouth. His toes twitched in excitement as he slowly ate his muffin, savoring every bite full of love.

“Just look at him taking his time with the muffin.” Rarity said.

“Yeah, Pinkie is a pro at making desserts.” Rainbow added.

“We still have tons to do for him, this is just a start.” Sunset reminded her friends.

It took four minutes for Oliver to finish his dessert. During the whole time, he smiled joyful while tasting the unbelievable flavor. He was in joyful tears by the time he finished, and gave Pinkie Pie a warm hug.

“Thank you, Pinkie Pie. I haven’t eat a sweet in a long time and your muffin was so rare to me.”

As he hugs him tightly, Pinkie Pie also came into tears.

“Oli…. Ol- Oliver that’s the greatest thing anyone has ever told me!” She hugged him tight, to where she took his feet are off the sand again.

Oliver still was afraid she might let go, but Pinkie kept holding onto him.

“Hey I got an idea, how about we go to the kids playhouse together?” Pinkie suggested, pointing down the beach..

“Sure I mean you gave me a muffin so I should return a favor.” Oliver said.

Pinkie’s excitement was through the roof to think Oliver would ever do this for a teen who’s not a little kid anymore.

“Ohhh this is going to be great!” Pinkie Pie said, as she took Oliver to the playhouse.

“Wait for me!” Twilight called, as she trailed behind them with the camera.

“Man, Oliver is really givin’ Pinkie someone to relate to. An’ he doesn't mind that Pinkie is too old.” Applejack said, putting her hand on her hip.

“Yeah,” Sunset agreed. “Hey, Fluttershy. When he’s done with Pinkie Pie, can you take him to the forest to show him some of the animals? I think he’ll love it if you do that.”

“Of course. After seeing him with Spike, I’m sure he’d love a trip to see some animals.” Fluttershy said, as she touched her geode, all the while planning what to show Oliver.