• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 10,079 Views, 349 Comments

My Little House Guests - Spazzy Jamz



This kind of house visit is just unheard of...

  • ...
26
 349
 10,079

Rarity's Night on the Town Pt. 1

Tristan woke up later than usual the next morning. He started to enjoy the ability to sleep in more, creating a silver lining to being laid off. Plus, it meant more time to show the Equestrians around, so maybe a temporary job-loss wasn't too bad after all. He sat up and went through his morning routine, finally getting dressed and joining the others in the living room.

The ponies seemed to already have started eating breakfast, which Tristan just shrugged off and walked into the kitchen for a quick alternative of toaster pastries and some Alpine Blitz, making sure Pinkie Pie didn't see where he hid the remaining cans. He ate quickly and proceeded to the living room, where Twilight was getting ready to transform Rarity. The white unicorn waved her off.

"Oh, not yet!" she said, interrupting Twilight's concentration. "I want to go out a little later, if that's okay with Tristan." Tristan thought for a second, remembering a few errands he had to run. "Sure," he said to Rarity, "Sounds great! I just have to go take care of a few things."

Tristan grabbed his car keys and waved goodbye to everyone. As he walked out the door, Rarity jumped on the computer to do some last minute research towards her upcoming night on the town.


Tristan returned home around noon and unloaded the small amount of groceries that needed to be picked up. As he walked into the room, he noticed that the living room was empty. The computer was unoccupied, the bed had been made, and worst of all, there were no snacks on the end tables or the floor. The room was practically spotless.

They're... gone?

Immediately, a wave of panic swept over him. He ran to the kitchen, only to find it as empty and clean as the living room. He ran to the back porch and saw no sign of them either. He bolted down the hallway towards his bedroom, screaming for them.

They can't be gone... he thought, tears starting to form. Not now...

He got to the doorway of the bathroom when tripped over something large. He fell and tumbled down the hallway a good distance, slamming into the wall at the end. Disoriented and in pain, he looked back to see a yellow pegasus running towards him.

"Oh, my goodness!" Fluttershy said, stopping right next to his head. "I'm so so sorry! It's completely my fault! Are you okay? Please say you're okay..." Tears of her own started to form as she knelt down next to him to inspect him for injuries.

Tristan sat up and winced, noticing that his head had made quite a hole in the wall. He was bleeding a little from his forehead, making the nervous wreck of a pony put her head in his chest, sobbing. He embraced her and laid his head on top of her flower-scented mane.

"It's okay." he said, trying to calm Fluttershy. "I'm just fine. I'm just glad you're here." he felt more tears start to build up, but keeping his manly composure, forced them back.

"What's going on out here?" a curious Twilight Sparkle called, poking her head out of the bathroom door. "We were getting makeovers and we heard a large crash and AHH!" She saw Tristan's still bleeding head wound and the hole in the wall. Putting two and two together, she dashed towards him. "Are you two okay?!" she said panicky. She was also pulled into the slowly growing group hug.

"I'm fine." he said softly, stroking Twilight's mane. She quickly healed his wound with a new medical spell she learned and also pushed her head into his chest.

"Hey! I wanna hug, too! I love hugs!"

Pinkie Pie bounced from the bathroom and joined the group hug. Rainbow Dash was next, then Applejack and Rarity. Spike waddled over, rubbing off the makeup that Rarity had applied to him for "testing purposes".

"Any room in there for a dragon?" he asked. The ponies made a gap for him and he became included. They sat and held the group hug for a minute until Rarity pulled away.

"Well then," she said, clearing her throat before she continued. "I believe it's time for us to go." Tristan nodded and they all stood and followed the white unicorn back into the living room. They all decided that until they had their own clothes, the infamous hoodie and shorts were to stay in the living room on the end table closest to the computer. Rarity had donned the also infamous "Transformation Blanket" and announced that she was ready. Tristan took a seat in the recliner, Spike hopping up on his lap while the others crammed onto the couch.

Twilight's horn began to glow and the familiar light shone from beneath the blanket. Rarity's shape changed right before everyone's eyes and the light died out. Rarity draped the blanket loosely around her, twirling in it like a new ball gown. Twilight looked and noticed something of Rarity's was missing. She gasped and pointed with her hoof.

"R-Rarity!" she stammered. "Y-your horn! It's gone!"

Rarity's eyes shot open and she felt around her forehead for her horn, only to find that Twilight was correct. She immediately dropped to her knees and began sobbing.

"It's not fair!" she screamed. She in Rainbow Dash's direction. "She got to keep her wings! Why can't I keep my lovely horn?! It's not fair!"

She threw her hands in the air, causing a sudden flash of blue magic and the coffee table to be vaulted a few feet into the air. It came crashing back down on its side, causing Rarity and the others to jump. She brought her hands back down and observed them. They were glowing with the same faint blue that her horn did. Rarity pushed a hand towards the table, and it levitated long enough for it to right itself. Rarity breathed a sigh of relief knowing that her and Twilight could use magic in their human form. She stood and levitated the clothes towards her and proceeded towards the bathroom to change. Spike went to hop off Tristan's lap to take a peek, but he was well restrained. Spike crossed his arms and huffed.

Rarity emerged from the bathroom moments later, the hoodie seeming to droop over her modelesque figure. Tristan finally set the baby dragon back onto the floor and got out of the recliner. He slipped on his shoes and waved goodbye to everyone before grabbing his keys and walking out of the door.


After a few minutes of driving, they arrived at the clothing store. Rarity ran into the store almost immediately after Tristan threw the car into park. She went directly to the racks that had cute little summer dresses, holding them up against one of the mirrors to see which complemented her better. Tristan stood off to the side, uninterested and bored. Rarity stopped looking at the dresses for a second to glance over at him.

"Darling, you really should pick out something nice for yourself." she said, moving over to the men's section. She held up a white polo shirt, giving it a thorough inspection. "What size do you wear?"

Tristan sighed a little and joined Rarity at the rack where she currently was. He browsed over the other selections and pulled out a khaki, short-sleeved button up. He showed it to Rarity, who glanced at it, then back at him. She shook her head in disapproval. She handed the white polo to him instead. Tristan checked the size and held it up to him, causing Rarity's eyes lit up something fierce.

"Perfect!" she squealed. She picked up one of the dresses that she was previously holding. It was also white, but with a few light splashes of lavender. "And this would simply make an excellent match!" She walked over and grabbed a white sun hat and a pair of sunglasses that were on sale for next-to-nothing. Afterwards, Tristan introduced Rarity to the underwear section, where she picked out the most lavish bra and underwear set she could find. They then proceeded to the checkout, where they laid their rather large purchase.

"Are you sure this is no trouble at all?" Rarity asked, watching the cashier scan the items.

"It's no trouble." Tristan replied. He handed the money over to the lady and started to walk out of the store. Rarity went to the store's restroom to change and quickly got back to the car. She sat down and saw that Tristan still wore the purple t-shirt he had on and not the white polo.

"You're not going to wear your new shirt?" Rarity asked.

Tristan looked at the shirt in the rear view mirror. After a moment of thought, he reached back and brought it up to the front of the car. He pulled his purple shirt off, his slightly toned torso catching Rarity's eye. She watched, or more accurately, stared, at Tristan's torso until the white polo covered it. Her trance was broken and she blushed a bright red. Tristan put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot. The sky started to turn a light orange as they sped off towards the city.


AUTHOR'S NOTES

If this chapter seems to be on the short side, it's mainly because I'm going to be extremely busy today and I feel that if I didn't make Rarity's day a two-parter, then you wouldn't have gotten it for another few days (which, let's face it, would suck). I kid, I kid. But thank you guys again for following me this far into the story. I don't think I've ever dedicated this much time and energy into any creative project before, but then again, I didn't have the awesome support then that I have been getting from you guys. So again, much thanks!

I'm also pleased to announce that I have outlines of TWO new fics currently being drawn up! Rest assured, my number one priority is finishing this story first. I'm not one to start multiple projects all at once. It just ends in disaster. As always, please leave a comment and let me know what you think so far. I love getting feedback and talking to the other author's/readers on the site. See you guys in Chapter 10!