• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 10,082 Views, 349 Comments

My Little House Guests - Spazzy Jamz



This kind of house visit is just unheard of...

  • ...
26
 349
 10,082

Final Author's Notes

I'm overjoyed, yet, at the same time, sad, that my first story has come to an end. It's been a crazy ride for me as I was merely testing the waters that is creative writing. Sure, being a musician, I'll often times write poetry and lyrics, but actual stories? The thought never crossed my mind. I mainly started this as a way to entertain my "Try Anything At Least Once" motto. But damn, I'm glad I did.

I'm thrilled that I've had such great reception from "My Little House Guests". 22 Followers, 127+ Upvotes, 198+ Favorites? I'm still dumbstruck by how well this went over with you guys.

Thank you all so freaking much for your support in this. If it hadn't been for all you guys being supportive of this story and believing in its potential, I probably would never have finished it. Hell, I probably wouldn't be making the announcement that I'm about to make, either. But that's in a bit. There's some more thanks that need to go out.

Thanks to my fiance for supporting my work. I would sit on the couch, loudly clacking away at the keyboard and pestering her about possible plot ideas (The whole Trixie thing was partially hers), while she sat next to me trying to drown out my keyboard noise with Project Runway or Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo. So really, I'm partially thanking her for dealing with me having my face in the computer for a good chunk of my free time.

Also, super special thanks to HadronPony for coming to my rescue roughly halfway through the story and agreeing to be my editor. He's saved my plot from taking this story and sending it in all directions quite a few times, and I've gained some extremely helpful advice from him that's actually bettered me as a writer. I enjoyed working with him.

And now...

ANNOUNCEMENTS

I noticed in the comments from the last chapter that a lot of you are expecting a sequel to Tristan's little tale.

Well, do I have some good news for you.

I present to you all, the next installment in the Tristan Shay Saga:

Making Adjustments

After the events in "My Little House Guests", Tristan Shay wakes up in Equestria, where he is overjoyed to be reunited with the one he loves and the friends that changed his life. Now his life really changes when he immediately makes the discovery that he no longer has opposable thumbs. Or clothes, for that matter. And there's some weird thing in the middle of his head. A horn? Seriously?

Tristan has a lot of figuring out to do now that he's become a pony, like how to deal with not having fingers. And how to walk on all fours and use that nifty little thing on his head. And whose idea was it to all of the sudden rip Tristan out of his world and throw him into theirs? What about his love for Twilight?

At least he's still got that flowing head of hair going for him.

Yeah, that's the exact description I'm gonna use.

That little contest I was telling you guys about? Yeah, that's still going on. If you aren't a Watcher and you don't get my Blog posts, I'll explain.

I'm tossing in the names of all of my Watchers into a hat (again, yes, a real hat) and picking one. Whoever I grab, if they so choose to participate, their OC will play a small part in an upcoming story. They can pick their profession, attributes, personality, the whole shebang. But some of you know this already, so you're wondering what the announcement for this is.

Well, I'm sure you've figured out that "Making Adjustments" is my only foreseeable upcoming fic.

Which means it's kinda obvious that the winner's OC will be featured in "Making Adjustments"

But the announcement is that I'm extending the deadline to Midnight US Eastern Time to gather all the names. I'll announce the winner in a blog post tomorrow. Again, you don't have to participate if I get your name. I'll just draw another, no biggie. I just think this would be a fun idea.

Well, again, thank you all so much for your support. I can't wait to start writing "Making Adjustments", and I'm sure you guys can't wait to read it. Keep being awesome and I'll see you later!


-Michael "SpazzyJamz" Price

Comments ( 54 )

I have the urge to go through my monitor and hug the life out of you...but i can't....BUT PINKIE CAN :pinkiehappy:

Aww... He got Ponyfied. :fluttercry:

Will still read it though. If only because I loved MLHG.

Awesome story bro, I have been following/Favorited your story since chapter 1 when it was just some story by some guy. Can't wait for the sequel! Keep up the good work!:twilightsmile:
Also your fiance is awesome to put up with you and help. Thank you both! :yay:

1470558
Haha, thank you! I can't wait to write it! :scootangel:

:pinkiegasp: *deep inhale* :yay: *very quiet yay*

I can't wait for the sequel! Also throw my name into the hat <.<

this is definately my number 2 in my top 3 favorites sorry but my number 1 is Red Thrush Private School you should look it up its a great story :twilightsmile:

1470685
I'm surprised I'm in anyone's top 50, lol. I'll gladly accept a silver medal :moustache:

Such a wonderful story, The human turned pony stories never bothered me so I will be looking forward to the sequel.

For such a grand story and for how touching it has been, I present you to you:

Distinguished Service Medal

bf2142.free-gfx.com/bf2142_awards/medals_bf2142/medal_big_07.png

1470756
dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw484_1302296223924.jpg
Thank you! I hope "Making Adjustments" lives up to its predecessor! :pinkiehappy:

>> SpazzyJamz you good sir have earned it :ajsmug:

I don't know why but when I saw that picture I fan girl squealed.(Not even a girl) Then I throwed my name into that hat. Here have a mustache you deserve it. :moustache:

1470805
Haha, good ol' Billy Mays. Thank you, sir :yay:

1470240
I second that.

I cried when they left, it was a beatiful tale, with a twist.

1473221
Thank you! :scootangel:

Hopefully I can make the sequel just as good!

1473283
*flutter-shy speaking*
Tristan, i never wanted to leave you. Now i feel so cold and empty without you, please, please talk to me.

1473328
My reaction trying to take in and decode all of your reactions
dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw2143-131314502054.jpg

1473389
Haha, what's hilarious is that I didn't even know myself who the mysterious ex was going to be. I was just planning on making her be a hardcore bitch competitor against Twilight, but when I decided I was going to make the ex Trixie, I noticed the comment I've made and found it, accidentally, spoiling.

TL;DR, I spoiled it for myself. :pinkiecrazy:

1473438
Oh, there's definitely a sequel coming. Just you wait. :raritywink:

:flutterrage: BUT I WANT IT NNNNOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! :flutterrage:
Amazing story, I loved it so much that I accuasly read this story three times, so much that I must say that this story has made my life 120% cooler in everyway possible :rainbowkiss: :yay: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1478758
Thank you so much! I'm honored that a member of our armed forces got a kick out of my little writing attempt. I look forward to publishing the sequel as much as you do reading it.

Thank you, again! :ajsmug:

Cant wait for the sequel :ajsmug:

1515589
I was meaning that Tristan was the one breathing, not the shark :trixieshiftleft:

Okay, so after reading it all, I must say that your story isn't bad for a fic that was written "on the fly" and as your first attempt at writing to "try everything at least once". I mostly enjoyed it, although I'm a sucker for this kind of fics so I might be biased. :pinkiecrazy:

The one thing that threw me off the most was the multiple-characters-talk-in-one-paragraph, but thankfully it was present only in the few initial chapters. Also, as some other readers before me mentioned, some scenes where Tristan went out with one of the Mane6 were simply lacking content.

So, ultimately... have a thumbs up.

I will check out the sequel when more chapters come out. For now, I will fave it to not forget about it :twilightsmile:

1517226
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Honestly. I hope you do check out the sequel, as I'm hoping It'll be written a tad better. :twilightsmile:

Wow, this was a great read, thanks! It had a nice blend of comedy and sadness (more of the first one, in this case good :D).
Some lines actually had me laughing, again, you are a really good writer! :)

Im a new fan of MLP, and evenmore fanfics. I hadnt read a fanfic for .. well anything before joining "this fandom". So my comment might not be of the highest value, but, I think that a great story deserves some recognition :)
This, btw, being the 4th or 5th "long" fanfic, meaning like 50k words +.

So, to the actual story-commenting:

First of all, eventhough I agree with some early comments that the early chapter(s) progressed a little too fast, I agree that its a story, and, well, not knowing more about Tristan, maybe he's an open-minded fellow :scootangel:

After that though, it seemed like everyone got into character. This was described in a good way, and it was easy to follow (and, imo, imagine) what was happening in the described environment. :twilightsmile:
I cant really point out any flaws. I found some technicalities (some "i" being lowercase, some quotationmarks missing), but, that really wasnt as important and exciting as getting through this fic was ^^
So, eh, sorry for not writing them down, the only i remember was when that poem was quoted, the quotationmarks were a little off and on there. :twilightsheepish:

Oh, and, I instantly read the first chapter in your sequel, seems really promising (again) ;)

Another note I have are the Authors Notes (sigh, has to chose better phrasing sometimes :facehoof:). I liked you putting some comment at the end of the text, its interesting and fun to read the "behind the scenes" of the author :pinkiehappy: ^^

Hm, sorry that I cant come up with a better comment, Ive been rephrasing a little, and cant seem to get the point out, so, simply:
Your story was great.
You have a good way of telling.
Please keep the sequel rolling, seems awesome.
And thanks for writing something great and putting it up for everyone to enjoy ;)

Thats kind of ends my comment, I guess.
Favorited, liked and watching you now by the way :twistnerd:
//M

1518628
Thanks for your feedback! And super thanks for enjoying the story, as well as the favorites and the Watch! :twilightsmile:

As you can see, I'm going to try my best to fix the errors I made in this story and apply what I learned to "Making Adjustments". Hopefully I can meet (and with some luck, surpass) the expectations that everyone has for it. :scootangel:

But, yeah, thanks again! :yay:

1562733 1515589
Fixed to clear up any future confusion. :duck:

But is the pony spell permanent?? I guess I'll have to go read it to find out!!

I'd kiss you if I hadn't already promised those nice men down at the police station that I would stop randomly kissing strangers.
Seriously, though, what a great idea with lots of heart, filled with adventure, and just an all around great story. I can't wait to read "Making Adjustments". I will be watching you in the future (in a totally non-creepy way).

All of my best,
TLTD

1907507
Lol, thanks! I'm really glad you appreciated the story and I hope you enjoy "Making Adjustments" as just as much! :pinkiehappy:

2006115
Haha, I couldn't end it that way. I would have been too mad at myself. Plus, if I did, I wouldn't have been able to start "Making Adjustments"!

Well, when I read, I always leave a comment early on and one when I finish. So here we go.

Any chance that editor could work on those earlier chapters? They aren't easy to read through.

"My favorite was when you took me and Spike-"

"Spike and I." Twilight interrupted, half smiling. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and continued.

Actually, it's "Spike and me". Whenever you use the phrase "(someone) and I" or "(someone) and me", take out the other person and see if it still makes sense with just "I" or "me". That's how you know whether it's correct or not.

1714866
Get with the times man. Watches are only accessories at this point. :rainbowdetermined2:

you have intrigued me sir, I saw the sequel to this on the front page but didn't want to begin reading till i read this one... I just have to finish reading one of the other stories I have piled up

2590436
Haha, I'm really glad you enjoyed this story. The sequel is out and is currently still being written, so hopefully, I can finish that up soon!

No offense, but I think this should have been the only story. The new one you're working on kinda ruins the imagination you have to put. A perfect example is My Little Dashie. No one in their right mind would want a second one. But hey, my opinion. Some may like the second.

this was a great story the detail is great the storyline runs together very smoothly over all I give this story a 10/10

3874995 Almost a whole month. The beans were spilled when he was eating chicken in front of Twilight.:twilightoops:

Login or register to comment