• Published 1st Nov 2018
  • 891 Views, 40 Comments

Poppy's Delivery Service - XombieSlayr



Titular delivery mare, Poppy Blossom, embarks on a series of wild and crazy delivery misadventures in order to uncover a mass hypnotism conspiracy that threatens the entire world.

  • ...
0
 40
 891

Delivery #7: "The Red And Green Menace."

It was a chilly morning in Ponyville, as Princess Poppy Blossom, returned to her cottage, having completed her latest delivery, as well as congratulated herself on another successful peace summit in Zebrica.

Thoroughly ready to stay in, snuggle under a blanket and watch that morning's episode of Cooking Without Looking, Poppy went over, and plopped herself on her couch, and flipped on her TV.

A commercial of what looked like two wildebeests arguing about motorcycle insurance played, while Poppy went out to her kitchen to get herself the breakfast plate she had prepared before she left a few hours ago. Sitting back down on her couch, she put her feet up as Cooking Without Looking came on.

The jaunty tune of the show played as the camera swept down to the cheery, smiling face of Coco Pie, who looked especially happy this episode for some reason. "Hey, everypony!" she cheered. "As you can tell, I look especially happy this episode for some reason! What's that reason? Because we've reached over seventy-thousand words! We're almost there, everyone!"

Poppy rolled her eyes, accepting this as Coco Pie's own personal brand of strange, and just enjoying it as she ate her breakfast.

"And to celebrate," said Coco. "I'm going to be baking seventy-thousand cupcakes! Right now!"

Poppy looked up. "Seventy-thousand cupcakes?" said Poppy. "This should be interesting."

Before she would find out how interesting it was, the phone on Poppy's desk suddenly rang. Poppy went over and picked, up already knowing who it was. "Hello?"

"Poppy!" said Miss Wintergreen. "I heard how you did on that delivery to Zebrica; well done as always!"

"Thank you, ma'am." said Poppy politely.

"Oh, sweetie, really." said Wintergreen. "You're the princess of Equestria! I should be calling you ma'am!" she joked.

Poppy laughed. "You're still my boss, Miss Wintergreen." she said happily. "Anyways, was there anything else you needed?"

"Well..." Miss Wintergreen suddenly sounded nervous. "I did, actually, but....it's bit of a hike. And there's bad news written all over this one, Poppy."

"Bad news is just news to me, Miss Wintergreen." said Poppy confidently. "What did you need me to do?"

"Alright." said Miss Wintergreen with a sigh. "I got an order for a small package of spears to be delivered to the capital city of Yak Yakistan, far, far to the north. Something about them needing them to fight....well, a monster."

Poppy's eyes went wide. "A monster?"

"That's what those poor yaks on the phone said when I got the order. "said Wintergreen. "They said a huge, terrifying monster just dropped out of the sky a few weeks ago and starting tearing their city up! They said they need more weapons to fight it!"

"Sounds like something I should look into." said Poppy.

"It certainly does." agreed Wintergreen. "I've already called ahead to The Inconvenience Store; the order should be waiting there for you to pick up."

"Okay, I'll head over and make the delivery." said Poppy with a smile.

"Be careful, Poppy." warned Wintergreen. "If there really is a monster running around up there, you need to do everything you can to make sure those yaks are safe. And maybe deal with that monster of theirs if you run into it. Okay?"

"I understand, ma'am." said Poppy. "I've dealt with monsters before."

"Good luck, Poppy. Go teach that beast a lesson!" Then she hung up, as did Poppy.

Poppy finished her breakfast, then got ready to head down to The Inconvenience Store. She wrapped her purple scarf around her neck, strapped on her satchel, then headed out the door, closing and locking it on her way out.

To-Do List: Pick up the delivery from the Inconvenience Store and head to Yak Yakistan.

As Poppy began to make her way down the street towards The Inconvenience Store, she saw a sight that made her stop and turn to look at it.

Across the street, in the vacant storefront that once belonged to Hue Humble, a familiar mare was humming to herself as she put up her new sign for her new office.

Poppy called out to her. "Penny!" Penny Metronome turned around and gasped at the sight of her friend Poppy, smiling away at her from across the street.

"Poppy!" she was then attacked in a hug by Poppy, as the two mares laughed before breaking the embrace. "How was your peace summit?" she asked.

"Really?" said Poppy. "I haven't seen you since Hue tied you up and locked you in a closet on the moon, and that's the first thing you ask me?" she joked.

"I like to stay up to date on my politics." Penny joked. "But seriously, how have you been Poppy? I'm so sorry I haven't been able to talk to you, I've been really busy as of late."

"What've you been busy with?" asked Poppy. "And is it by any chance the reason why it looks like you're moving to Ponyville?" she asked eagerly.

Penny smiled. "You got me!" she squealed. "I'm moving to Ponyville!"

"I knew it!" cried Poppy happily. "What happened to inspire you to move though? Besides my charming and alluring company of course."

"After I got back from the moon, I decided I needed to move my office to a more rural location; one that had less traffic, but friendlier-oh who am I kidding" said Penny throwing her hooves up in the air. "I just wanted to be your neighbor! I had the money thanks to my fame with the psychotherapy community, and decided to just go for it, so here I am!"

"That's the best reason you could've given me!" Poppy said happily as the two mares hugged again.

"So, where are you off to on this frosty morning?" asked Penny. "Princess or Delivery business? "

"Delivery." said Poppy. "I have to deliver a shipment of spears to the capital city of Yak Yakistan."

"Yak Yakistan?" said Penny alarmed. "That's quite a trip to make! Though I assume you'll be using teleportation to get there, right?"

"I certainly don't plan on climbing any mountains to get there." Poppy joked.

"Why do they need spears, anyways?" asked Penny, now curious.

"There's a monster attacking the capital." said Poppy. "I'm also going to be dealing with it once I get up there."

"A monster!?" cried Penny. "You mean there's another one?"

"I wouldn't worry." said Poppy. "Whatever it is, it won't be as bad as Hue was."

"Goodness, I should hope not!" said Penny. "Still, you going after it, is pretty much a guarantee that that monster's already dealt with." Penny added with a smile.

Both her and Poppy laughed. "Alright," said Poppy. "I should get to the Inconvenience Store, now. But it was great talking to you Penny!"

"You too, Poppy!" Penny said happily. "Tell Pears I said Hi, for me!"

Poppy waved goodbye to Penny, then continued down the street till she stopped at the front door of the Inconvenience Store.

The Inconvenience Store

After checking to see what the gumball machine contained this week ("Huh. Toothpaste?") Poppy opened the door and went inside.

As soon as she was through the door, Poppy was then stopped by a mechanical voice. "Halt!" it commanded. "Welcome to The Inconvenience Store; please wait while I determine if you are truly welcome, or if I am just uttering idle pleasantries." A beam of light then shot out of the far wall, and swept over Poppy, before vanishing. "You have been deemed not unacceptable. Welcome!"

Poppy walked over to the counter, where she saw her best friend and local paranoid super-genius, Burnt Pears, busy installing a large medical-looking device on the far wall, next to the storage closet.

"Hey Pears!" greeted Poppy happily.

Pears turned to see her friend and smiled back. "Poppy! I'm glad you could make it!" she took Poppy by the hooves and led her to the lobby. "What do you think?"

It was at this moment, that Poppy realized a number of new machines had been installed in the store. Next to the trash can was a large bomb disposal receptacle and next to the sink there was a periscope for looking outside. The snack section was lined with expensive looking photography equipment, a photo enlarger, an X-ray machine, a deep range transmitter radio, and industrial grade microscope, a seismograph, high-density security laser grids over the soda machines, and her entire frozen food section had been converted into a cryogenic chamber for her to freeze herself in case of a world ending disaster.

"Wow." said Poppy. "I see you've been busy."

"Yep!" said Pears slipping back behind the counter. "I decided the store needed a couple of improvements, ever since our mutual friend Hue showed up in Ponyville and I had no idea until you told me. I had to beef things up a bit, you know?"

"I can tell!" said Poppy. "How did you afford to build all this?"

"Well, when we ,you know, saved the entire world," said Pears with a smile. "The united nations awarded me with a large grant to further my research and developments!"

"That's fantastic!" said Poppy. "How much did they give you?"

"A hundred trillion Bits."

Poppy nearly bit her tongue. "You...you didn't get that much."

"I did get that much." said Pears with a sly smile. "And I spent it all upgrading the store; I'll have no trouble finding them now!"

"Them?" asked Poppy.

"Them." affirmed Pears.

"Who's them?" asked Poppy.

"You remember all those weeks ago when I told you someponies were spying on me?" asked Pears.

"Yeah I remember." said Poppy. "You said they were spying on you and that they had to be a group of them."

"Well, they vanished off my radar for a while. And ever since Hue, I haven't seen anything from them." Pears then pulled her monitor over for Poppy to see. "But, since last night, they're back on my radar again!" She pointed to a large blip on a radar screen; and it was moving closer to the center.

Poppy's eyes went wide. "They're moving?" she looked at Pears. "Did they move before?"

"Not like this." said Pears. "They're coming, Poppy. And they'll be here soon."

"What should we do?" asked Poppy.

"Right now," said Pears. "There isn't anything we can do except watch them; and I have that covered." she set her monitor aside and smiled at Poppy. "So, you're here for that delivery for Yak Yakistan?"

"Yep!" said Poppy.

Pears nodded and brought up a large wrapped up bundle tied up with ropes, and set it down on the counter, which Poppy then picked up and slung over her back. "Thanks, Pears."

"No problem." said Pears. "While your'e here, you want see what I have in stock? Ordered lots of new stuff to go with the store!"

"Sure." said Poppy. "What do you have?"

"Lets see." said Pears checking her stock. "I've got gift cards for buying other gift cards?"

"What're those good for?" asked Poppy.

"Uh, for buying gift cards. Duh." said Pears.

"Gonna pass." said Poppy. "Anything else?"

"Art pieces made entirely of candy corn?"

"Why would I need that?"

"What else would you do with candy corn?"

"Um...eat it?"

"Or make it into a charming art piece!"

"No thanks." said Poppy. "What else?"

"Live sharks in goldfish bowls?"

"You have miniature sharks in goldfish bowls?"

"Nope. Not miniature anyways."

"Yeah, nope."

"Fair enough." said Pears. "How about a bag of Barbecue Plankton Chips?"

"What the heck are plankton chips?"

"Sliced plankton that have been tossed in sea salt and fried in canola oil." said Pears. "They also come in other flavors like Sour Cream and Onion, Cheddar and Sour Cream, Ranch, Salt and Vinegar, Salt and Pepper, Flamin' Hot, Xtra Flamin' Hot, XXtra Flamin' Hot, Dill Pickle, Limón, Deli style, Balsamic Sweet Onion, Chipotle Ranch, Tangy Carolina BBQ, Garden Tomato and Basil, Honey Mustard, Creamy Garden Ranch, Cajun Herb and Spice, Balsamic Sweet Onion, Chile Limon, Chipotle Ranch, Creamy Garden Ranch, Creamy Mediterranean Herb, Crinkle Cut Spice Rubbed BBQ, Garden Tomato and Basil, Harvest Ranch, Hickory Barbecue, Honey Barbecue, Honey Mustard, Hot and Spicy Barbecue, Light Original, Maui Onion, Mesquite Barbecue, Natural Sea Salt, Parmesan and Tuscan Herb, Reduced Fat Original, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper, Sea Salt and Vinegar, Baked-

"Pears!" cried Poppy. "Geez, just how many bags of these things do you have?!"

"Too. Damned. Many." said Pears narrowing her eyes.

"I can tell!" said Poppy. "Anything else, that isn't plankton chips?"

Pears thought a moment. "Well, with the holidays rolling around, I have started to stock some more festive items." Pears checked behind her counter and brought up what looked like a record in it's jacket, which was decorated with festive lights and snowflakes as well as.....pentagrams?

"Uh, Pears," said Poppy eyeing the record. "What is that?"

"This," said Pears. "Is an album of demonic holiday carols, for families to enjoy by the fire of Hearths Warming Eve. Or when they're trying to exorcise a demon out of grandma...again."

"It's a record that exorcises demons?" asked Poppy.

"Pretty much." said Pears with a shrug. "Want it?"

"Um...maybe later." said Poppy. "Right now, I need to head over to Yak Yakistan with these spears. And then possibly slay another terrifying monster."

"Sweet!" said Pears. "Let me know if you an extra hoof by your side!"

"Will do!" said Poppy with a smile.

With that, Poppy waved goodbye to Pears, and used her teleportation spell to transport herself all the way up north, to the snowy kingdom of Yak Yakistan.


Yak Yakistan (also known as Yak Land and Yakyakistan)

Yak Yakistan is a large, rural mountain kingdom far to the north of Equestria, known for it's homely culture, friendly yak citizens and its mighty warriors who protect the outskirts of it's capital city, known as Yakital (A play on Yak and Capital) from hostile intruders, as the mountains around Yak Yakistan are known to harbor extremely dangerous creatures. This would not be the first time, Poppy had ever visited Yak Yakistan on a delivery, and it's citizens were well aware of who she was.

Especially, Bogomir, Yakital's chief guard and easily one of the strongest yaks there were. He was a mighty and proud yak with a large horned helmet, braided mane, and a gruff brown beard that both signified his age as well as his strength. He had seen Poppy in action before, when she fought of a large pack of dire wolves that were attacking a yak family's camp. She gained good standings with the yaks since then, and when she appeared in the snow outside the gates of Yakital, Bogomir greeted her with gusto.

"Poppy!" he cried. "Little strong pony has arrived!" He grabbed Poppy and nearly strangled her in a huge yak hug.

Poppy smiled as she tried to keep some air in her lungs. "Nice to see-urk you too, Bogomir!" she choked.

Bogomir let go of Poppy who quickly took in as much as air as possible before she smiled at her yak friend. "How have you been, Bogomir?"

Bogomir shook his great head. "Not well, little strong-pony." he said gravely. "There is monster; red fur with horrible red eyes, it stalks grounds outside capital; many yak try and fight it! But monster too strong, even for Yak!"

But then Bogomir smiled, as he suddenly wrapped Poppy in another yak hug. "But now you here!" he cheered. "You can help yak, defeat monster! You not like other ponies; you strong-pony, strong like yak!"

He let go of Poppy who looked confused. "Wait, you mean you don't want your spears?" she asked.

"No, no!" said Bogomir. "Don't misunderstand; yak need spears too! Yak need everything they can get hooves on, to fight monster."

Poppy smiled. "You already know I'll help you guys." she said. "But can I ask you about this monster? The more I know the easier it'll be for us to get rid of this thing."

"Yes, little strong-pony right!" said Bogomir. "Yak tell little strong-pony about monster; much to tell!"

To-Do List: Find out more about the mysterious monster terrorizing Yak Yakistan.

"Where did this monster come from, Bogomir?" asked Poppy. "I heard it came from the mountains?"

Bogomir shook his head. "No! Monster come from sky; appear from clouds, and land right on top of mighty yakistan mountain top!" Bogomir pointed to the mountain range behind Yakital, specifically the tallest mountain of the range, where it's peak touched the clouds. "Monster drop out of sky; begin terrorizing yak! Yak fight back, but monster strong."

"It really came from the sky?" asked Poppy. "Are you sure?"

"Yak family see monster fall from sky with own eyes!" said Bogomir. "Yak boy, barely escape from monster. Family not with boy when he come down and warn other yak about monster. Yak go up into mountains, find boy family; bring home. They tell all yak about monster!"

"Has the monster hurt anyone, Bogomir?" asked Poppy.

"Yak fight monster with all yak strength; but monster too strong, even for yak." Bogomir shook his head. "Many yak hurt, but nothing yak cannot handle; only make yak want to fight harder! Yak strong! Will fight monster; defeat monster, with little strong-pony help!"

"Of course I'll help you Bogomir." said Poppy with a smile. "But we should head into Yakital so I can get a feel for things, before we start planning any monster hunts, just yet."

"Haha!" Bogomir nearly smacked Poppy into the snow with a huge pat on her back. "Yak knew little strong-pony would help!" He turned and opened the huge wooden gates to the city. "Come!" said Bogomir with a huge smile. "Yak show little strong-pony city; help her help yak fight monster!"

Poppy followed Bogomir through the huge wooden gates and into the city of Yakital.

Yakital

Yakital was a beautiful and rustic Yak settlement with a huge wooden wall enclosing many huts of all shapes and sizes, clustered around large wooden totems that were carved to honor yaks of old. The narrow streets were lit by tall torches that burned even in the heaviest snowfall. It was truly an amazing place to visit, especially around the wintertime, when winter lanterns would decorate the streets and little yaks would be playing with wooden toys carved by yaks with their own hooves.

But as Poppy and Bogomir entered it was clear, from the tension in the air, that things were not so merry this time around.

There was a great gathering of yaks in the town square; all yelling and shouting about the monster and how they should deal with it. Listening to the crowd's complaints was Chief Grudi; a huge black yak with many braids in his mane and large double-horned helmet with one of the horns broken off. Grudi had been leading the monster hunts, but after many failed attempts to capture the creature, the yaks were starting to worry for their villages.

Beside him was an elderly yak medicine woman, who looked quite calm and peaceful despite the unruliness of the crowd. She clutched a large wooden staff in her hooves as she stood beside Grudi, who was trying his best to calm the crowd.

"Fellow yak!" he called out. "Please, calm selves; we are doing everything we can to capture monster; until then, please return to homes. The mountains are no longer safe for yak."

One yak called out. "You said Grudi handle monster!" he said angrily. "Monster still here; when monster be taken care of?"

"Grudi did say monster would be handled." said Grudi. "And monster will be handled! But until monster handled, other yaks must return home; mountains not safe; homes safe!"

The crowd began to settle a bit but were still clearly worried.

It was then that Bogomir decided to enter the Frey. "Fellow yak!" he bellowed. "Is not time for being afraid, is time for celebration! Little strong-pony has returned to help yak fight monster!" He gestured to Poppy, who simply stood there in the snow while every single head turned to look in her direction. The crowd had now gone completely silent.

"Um...."Poppy tried to think of something clever that both the princess of Equestria and a known savior of the entire world should say when addressed by a large crowd. "Hi...?" (Nailed it.)

Then there was a great stampede of hooves and the next moment Poppy found herself shaking hooves with every yak in Yakital.

"Yak hear of you, little strong-pony! You fight monsters before! You strong like yak; very proud to meet little strong-pony!"

"Pony strong! Monster not problem for yaks now!"

"Little strong-pony help yak! Yak honored!"

It was then that Chief Grudi seized Poppy's whole arm and shook it with jubilant laughter. "Grudi knew Little strong-pony come!" he said happily. "Come! Grudi show little strong-pony camp. Other ponies already here!"

He let go of Poppy's arm, and Poppy then looked up bewildered. "Others?"


Monster Hunt Campsite

Far from the walls of Yakital, in the clearing where the ground met the mountains, the Yak guard patrols and mountain patrols had set up a large campsite to act as their base of operations during their many hunts to get rid of the monster. It was a large enclosure, not as large as Yakital itself, but still large for a makeshift camp. It had many tents, each one made for the purpose of sleeping, eating or building weapons, which consisted mostly of spears and large impaling implements to be worn on the yak's head as they charged at the enemy.

As they entered the camp, Poppy was greeted by many strong yak warriors, but it was the three fillies by the campfire next to the mess hall, that truly caught Poppy's attention. "I should've known you three would be here, too." said Poppy. The Fizzy Poppers, bundled up in their matching color scarves and winter hats, smiled at her slyly.

"Of course!" said Cherry. "Did you think you could go hunting another terrifying monster, and we wouldn't be there to help you?"

"Yeah!" said Root. "When we heard about how you slayed that Hue monster on the freakin' moon; there was no way we we're going to miss out on an epic monster-hunting adventure in the snowy mountains!" then she gasped. "Do you think it's a yeti!?"

"Probably not," said Lemon Lime. "Yetis are not known to build their nests this far north; they prefer a more rigid climate close to the ground."

Root looked at Lemon Lime. "How do you know that?" she asked.

Lemon Lime pulled out a large green leather-bound book with gold inlaid around it's borders. She held it up for everyone to see; the front said "The Equestrian Bestiary", in large gold letters. "I brought it so we could maybe find out more about the monster!" said Lemon Lime proudly. "Maybe even find out where it came from and how we can defeat it!"

Poppy nodded, at least glad that they had prepared themselves. "I don't suppose your uncle Buttercream knows that your all the way out here, does he?" asked Poppy suspiciously.

The Poppers cheeks turned rosy. "Um...well." said Root, scratching the back of her head. "We, uh, we were going to, but....um.."

"Are you going to tell him?" asked Cherry. "I know we're just kids, but we can help you!"

Poppy shook her head. "I know you guys can help." she said. "And I know that you want to, but this is going to be really dangerous; I don't want you to get hurt."

"We won't get hurt!" said Root. "All we have to do is stay with you, right?"

"Yeah!" said Lemon Lime. "We'll just provide intel and inform you if we notice anything peculiar about the monster."

Poppy thought for a moment. The Poppers didn't need to prove anything to her; they were truly remarkable young ponies. And if they were willing to help her out, she shouldn't turn them down. After all; she herself had no idea what she was up against just yet. Any extra help would be greatly beneficial.

Poppy sighed. "Alright." she said. "Just remember to stay with me at all times; and don't go wandering off into the mountains. Deal?"

"Deal!" cried The Poppers happily.

The Poppers followed Poppy as she went to go and speak with Grudi regarding the family that first saw the monster. Grudi was speaking to another Yak guard; telling him to increase numbers guarding the west entrance as the last monster sighting happened near the west mountains.

The guard nodded before shuffling off through the snow. Grudi then turned to greet Poppy and the Fizzy Poppers. "Ah!" he said. "I see little strong-pony found other little ponies! Good! Means more help dealing with monster, yes?"

Before Poppy could answer, Root said "You bet! Just tell us where you need us!"

Poppy sighed as Grudi laughed. "Haha!" he laughed heartily. "Little ponies have warrior spirit, they do!"

Poppy nodded. "Grudi? I was told that the monster was first spotted by a family up in the mountains?"

Grudi nodded. "Yes." he said. "It was week ago; yak boy came down from mountains; tell yak about terrible monster. We got get yak boy's family and they tell yak same thing."

"Can I speak with this family?" asked Poppy politely. "So I can get a clear picture on what they saw?"

"Of course." said Grudi. "Follow Grudi." Grudi lead Poppy and the Poppers to a large tent guarded by two mighty yak warriors with huge clubs. They nodded to them as they entered.


To-Do List: Talk to the yak family about the monster they saw.

The inside of the tent was warm and inviting thanks to the roaring wood furnace the yaks had set up inside. It felt good to come in and warm up after trudging through snow and freezing cold winds out on the mountains.

Grudi lead Poppy over and pointed to the yak family sitting by the first with blankets wrapped around them, as well as enjoying hot cocoa. Poppy thanked Grudi then approached the family.

"Excuse me?" the family turned to Poppy. "Hello, my name is-"

"Princess Poppy!" exclaimed the father yak in a surprisingly un-yak like fashion. "We had heard you were here! Sorry, we didn't come to talk to you ourselves."

"Whoa." said Root. "You guys talk all....well, normal!"

"Root!" Cherry scolded.

But the yak family laughed. "No, she's right." said the mother, also sounding more pony then yak. "We moved to Equestria many years ago from Yakital. We've since picked up the language quite well." she explained. "We were actually just visiting our homeland from Fillydelphia, when...that thing appeared!"

"It looked right at me!" said the yak boy. "It was really scary. And it looked funny too."

"The monster looked funny?" asked Poppy. "What do you mean?"

"Well..." said the yak boy. "It was wearing a weird hat; red with white fur around the brim and it looked like a nightcap with a white ball on the end. Like I said: weird."

Monsters didn't usually wear hats, so this fact was certainly interesting. The yak boy continued. "He also had a white beard; white as the snow. And....he wore a red coat."

Poppy looked up. "A red coat? You mean his fur was red?"

"No," said the yak boy. "He wore an actual coat! Red with white fur trim around it." He thought a moment. "Actually, he didn't have any fur, now that I think of it. Just icy blue skin."

Poppy's eyes went wide. This creature didn't sound like any monster she knew of. In fact, it was starting to sound like this monster wasn't even a monster at all. But if that was true, then she would need to find out what she was dealing with from the only source that was guaranteed to have answers.

Pears.


Poppy told the Poppers to stay put in the tent and see what they could dig up about the creature with Lemon Lime's monster book. she told them and the yak family she was heading back to Equestria to talk to a friend who was guaranteed to know about the nature of this mysterious creature, and would be back soon. Everyone understood and wished her luck as she used her magic to teleport herself back to the lobby of the Inconvenience Store.

The Inconvenience Store

Poppy arrived in the store lobby of the Inconvenience store to find Pears busy restocking her soda machine with both soda cans and what appeared to be inactive fusion grenades.

She looked over at Poppy and smiled. "Aha!" she said. "I knew you'd be back!" she raced over to behind her counter. "So what is it? Ghoul? Wendigo? Grumlet? Baraka? A combination of all four?"

Poppy's eyes went wide. "That's a thing?" she asked alarmed.

"I certainly hope so!" said Pears. "So, what's up?"

Poppy wasn't sure how to begin. So she just came out and asked. "What do you know about a bipedal creature that wears a red coat with white-fur trim, a red hat with the same and a white ball at the end, and a long snow white beard?"

Pears looked confused. "Um...you mean, Santa Claus?" she asked.

Now it was Poppy's turn to be confused. "A what claws?"

Pears shook her head. "You wouldn't know about him, unless you've taken a few accidental inter-dimensional field trips like yours truly." Pears rifled behind her counter and pulled out what looked like a huge storybook, clearly not written for or by Equines.

Pears opened the book and read from it. "Also called Saint Nicholas," she read. "Santa Claus is a figure of mythical folklore and legend; a jolly old elf in a red suit and snow white beard, who brings presents to the children of the world on Christmas Eve, as well as punishes the naughty children, by bringing them coal." she then closed the book with a loud slam!

Poppy was very confused now, but tired her best to work it out with Pear's help. "So....this thing isn't a monster, but an...elf?"

"He's supposed to be, yes." said Pears. "And judging from your face, I'd say that our monster looks an awful lot like ol' St. Nick?"

"Almost exactly like you described, actually." said Poppy. "But he doesn't look nearly as jolly."

Pears put the book back behind her counter. "Is that right?" she asked. "Then, prey tell, what has become of dear old saint Nick, then?"

"Well, first off he's apparently over eighteen feet tall," said Poppy. "Has huge claws, glowing red eyes, blue skin like ice-"

"Yep." Pears held her hoof up. "Demon." She then began to rifle behind her counter once more, clearly looking for something important.

"Um...demon?" asked Poppy. "So, it's not Santa, then?"

Pears pulled up what looked like an industrial gallon of holy water, but that wasn't what she was looking for. "Oh, no." she said. "That's definitely Santa. No doubt." she pulled up an accordion that shot darts out of the end of it, then kept looking. "But he's been possessed by a demon; ergo," she then smiled as she pulled up a large ornate scroll, with designs of snowflakes at the ends, and set it on the table. "We'll need to exorcise it."

"We will?" asked Poppy.

"Well....you will." said Pears sheepishly. "I would tag-along but I have to finish unloading the rest of those damned plankton chips...ugh."

Poppy took the scroll and unfurled it. It was a set of ancient instructions for exorcising demons from mythical figures using what was known as The Four Rocking-Horses Of The Apocalypse. Poppy read the instructions aloud for clarity. "Hey Kids, are the demonic denizens of the underworld ruining your holidays? Well teach them a lesson, without the need for messy arcane rituals. The My Little Pony Of The Apocalypse Play-set makes it easy!" Poppy paused to unfurl more of the scroll as she read. "First: Signal the emergence of the demon with The Four Rocking-Horses Of The Apocalypse (sold separately)."

Poppy looked over at Pears. "What the heck are the Four Rocking-Horses Of The Apocalypse?" she asked bewildered.

"They're an unholy collection of four miniature toy rocking horses; each one embodying a different aspect of the legendary Four Horses Of The Apocalypse." said Pears. "On their own they bring grave misfortune, but when brought together, they can draw out any evil, including that demon possessing Kris Kringle!"

Poppy shook her head and continued to read from the scroll. "After collecting all four rocking-horses, place them around a sacred totem, such as a tree or idol." read Poppy. "Finally, draw the hell-spawn out, by playing The Friendly Demon demonic holiday carol. He won't be able to resist! Happy Holidays, demon-hunters!"

Poppy rolled the scroll back up, and handed it to Pears. "Any ideas where I can find one of those rocking-horse things?" asked Poppy.

Pears smiled as she put the scroll away. "It just so happens I got one of those in last night!" said Pears. "But, well it'll take me some time to get it."

"Why?" asked Poppy.

Pear's sighed. "It's buried underneath all those plankton chips."

"Ah, I see." said Poppy with a nod. "Any ideas where else there might be one?"

"Honestly, I would go ask Interkitten." said Pears. "She's over at Crabby's right now. She'll be able to find out where the rest of these little horses are hiding!"

Poppy nodded. "Thanks for your help, Pears!" she said happily.

"Don't mention it." said Pears. "Now, if you'll excuse me," she grabbed a snow shovel from behind the counter. "I have to dig my way through a possibly literal ocean of plankton chips." She then left to go and do just that.

To-Do List: Head to Crabby's and enlist Interkitten's help in finding the other Horses Of The Apocalypse.

Poppy left the Inconvenience store and headed down the street where Crabby's diner, welcomed her through it's doors.

Crabby's Diner

As soon as she walked in, the smell of fresh pancakes and baking bread overwhelmed Poppy's nose, as she noticed their seemed to be some kind of diner event going on, with many familiar faces taking part in it.

Sitting in the first booth on the right was Evil Celestia and Evil Luna, who were being chatted up by a very excited Penny Metronome (something they didn't look at all happy about, for some reason; with Luna looking like she was one sentence away from trying to strangle Penny with her napkin.)

Down the row, sitting by herself and surrounded by several thick books, was Interkitten, who, adorably, had to use some of her books as a stool for her sit on to reach her saucer of milk on the table.

Behind the counter was the current owner and waitress of Crabby's Diner, Pretty Crabby, who looked over at Poppy as she came in. "Ah, Poppy!" she called. "Perhaps you'd like to play as well?"

"Play what?" asked Poppy.

"A trivia contest." answered Interkitten looking back at Poppy with a sparkle in her big eyes. "Please, come sit with me, Poppy." she said politely. "It looks like you have much to discuss with me, am I right?"

"Whoa." said Poppy as she sat down across from Interkitten. "You're good."

"Ahem!" everyone turned to look at Pretty Crabby who was holding a set of trivia cards in her hooves. "Now that we have everyone here," she said. "Welcome everyone to the first annual Crabby's Trivia Contest!" she announced.

"Rules are simple; answer the question right, you get a point. The team with the most points at the end, will win," Pretty pulled of the cloth covering the grand prize. "This one of a kind collector's item: A Rocking-Horse Of Pestilence Marquette! Complete with detailed disease riddling action."

Poppy looked over at the prize. It was a small green rocking horse with two ponies sitting on the back. The second one seemed to be pestering the first, with great intensity, due to how much the first scowled. It was also very well detailed, almost scarily so.

"I don't believe it." said Poppy to herself. "There's one of them now!"

"Then," Poppy turned to Interkitten who winked at her. "I suggest we win this contest so you can claim it."

"You knew what I was here for?" asked Poppy, amazed.

"I am the Internet." said Interkitten with a smile. "It's very hard to find something I don't know about."

"So that means you'll help me find the other horses too?" asked Poppy eagerly.

Interkitten nodded. "But first, let's win this contest." she then narrowed her eyes at Pretty. "As a supreme-minded super intelligence, I find it very annoying that this mare keeps trying to say I'm getting questions wrong, but she's actually cheating."

"But...she just started." said Poppy.

"Yes." said Interkitten. "But there are several different alternate-scenarios where she could cheat. I don't like cheaters." she then smiled at Poppy. "So let's win, kay?"

To-Do List: Win Pretty Crabby's trivia contest with Interkitten to claim the first Horse of The Apocalypse.

With Poppy seated at Interkitten's table, Pretty began the contest by reading off the first question.

"Okay!" she said. "First question: When did the war of X112 begin? was it A: X112, B: 20,000 years B.C, C: March 4th 2004 or D: Pastrami."

Poppy and Interkitten had already written down their answers the second she asked the question. As did everyone else, because...common sense.

However, as Pretty asked everyone what their answers were, and of course they said 'A'...

"Ooh" said Pretty shaking her head. "Sorry, that's wrong."

"WHAT!?" the entire diner shouted in disbelief.

Except for Interkitten, who simply smiled and said "I chose 'B'."

"What?" asked Poppy.

"That's correct!" said Pretty with a grin.

"WHAT??" asked Poppy again. She leaned in to whisper to Interkitten. "What the heck was that about?! Why did you pick 'B'?"

Interkitten shook her head and smiled. "Didn't I say there were scenarios where she would cheat?" she motioned towards Pretty who was sorting through her question cards. "The game itself isn't about trivia at all; it's about guessing which letter that Pretty herself chooses to be the right one. If you pick the same letter she does at random, then you win."

"What?!" cried Poppy. "How is that fair?'

"It isn't." said Interkitten taking a sip of her milk. "Hence: Cheating." she licked her paw after finishing her milk. "Or more specifically: Cheater's Trivia."

Poppy got it now. To win, she and Interkitten had to guess the letter that Pretty herself guesses. The question itself didn't matter at all! It was all about predicting which letter the cheater picks, then picking the same one. Interesting.

Having put it together, Poppy was more then ready when Pretty read out the next question.

"Okay, Interkitten got that one." said Pretty. "Let's see about this next one: What day comes between Tuesday and Thursday? Is it A: Doomsday, B: Wednesday, C: Doris Day or D: Menachem Begin."

Poppy thought for a moment. She had to pick the letter that Pretty herself picked. So which one would Pretty choose as her answer? Then it hit her. She wrote down her answer and noticed a quick wink from Interkitten.

"Okay!" called Pretty. "Everyone have their answer? Great, let's read them off one table at a time. Clones of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?"

"We chose 'B." said Evil Celestia.

"I also chose 'B." said Penny.

Then came Poppy and Interkitten's turn. "We both chose....C!" said Poppy.

"That's right!" said Pretty. "Team PoppyKitten is on fire!"

After a collective groan from everyone else in the diner, Pretty read off the next question.

"Alright, here's our next one: Which country makes Panama hats?Is it A: Panama, B: Ecuador, C: Manehatten or D: Donut Joe's."

Poppy turned to Interkitten as she wrote down her answer. "How do you know the answers to these, anyways?" she asked politely.

"Oh, there's a ton of quizzes and things on the Internet that uses these questions." said Interkitten.

"So...people probably end up getting them all right." joked Poppy.

"Oh." Interkitten sighed. "You would think so..."

"Okay!" called Pretty. "Let's see what everyone picked! Clones of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?"

"We chose 'A." said Evil Celestia.

"I chose 'A!" said Penny.

Poppy raised her hoof. "We chose 'C."

"Dingdingding! That's also correct!" said Pretty. "Only two more questions, and Team PoppyKitten wins!"

Another groan from the diner patrons. "Is this even a real trivia contest!?" yelled Evil Luna. "Or is this just some petty way of you humiliating us?"

Pretty looked simply appalled. "I am simply appalled!" she cried. "Why would I ever do such a fun and enjoyable activity as a diner trivia contest, all for the sake of humiliating you?"

Nopony answered, till Poppy raised a hoof. "Are you? she asked.

"Ahem. Next question." said Pretty. "Be warned though, theses are just the teensiest bit harder. Okay?"

After several dirty looks from the diner patrons, Pretty took a deep breath before she read off the second to last question. "If a man leaves the Crab-head nebula traveling at thrice the speed of light, and another man leaves at exactly - 0.92453.02 seconds after the first man leaves, and in Manehatten there is a man walking down the street with his dog, and he spots a penny on the ground, while a nearby donuts shop is handing out free donuts, how many nanoseconds will pass before a rip in the fabric of space and time causes the first man to have never been born?"

The silence in the diner was deafening. Nopony moved; nopony answered. All they could do was stare, horrified, into space. Even Interkitten was speechless.

Then Evil Luna said. "We're out." she then took the trivia cards, threw them in the trash, then went back to the booth and laid down.

Penny, simply picked up the cards and re-read them, sure the answer had to be in there somewhere.

Interkitten just sighed. "No one is going to get this one." she said. "There is no choice to guess this time."

"Then how do we answer it!? asked Poppy in a hushed tone.

"The answer," said Interkitten. "Is in the question itself. You have to memorize the question completely and then you'll know the answer."

"This is all really advanced stuff for a simple diner trivia contest!" said Poppy. "Is she really just doing this to humiliate us?"

"No." said Interkitten. "She has her reasons. Luckily, the question after this won't be nearly as difficult and challenging."

Poppy thought hard. She re-read the question over and over again in her head till it stuck. Then she repeated the question in her head:

"If a man leaves the Crab-head nebula traveling at thrice the speed of light, and another man leaves at exactly - 0.92453.02 seconds after the first man leaves, and in Manehatten there is a man walking down the street with his dog, and he spots a penny on the ground, while a nearby donuts shop is handing out free donuts, how many nanoseconds will pass before a rip in the fabric of space and time causes the first man to have never been born?"

Then it hit her. "None." she said. "Because the beginning of the question says that it's negative seconds, then the rip happens instantly! None of the other stuff ever even happened!"

"Correct!" said Pretty. "Whew, I was hoping someone would get that one; didn't make nay sense to me either when the Director of the science institute suggested it." She shuffled her cards, till only a single card was left. "Okay, everyone! Last question!"

"Huh?" asked Penny. "Oh! Sorry, I was still working on the last one."

"And the last question is: "What was the first question I asked you at the beginning of the contest?"

Poppy remembered quite clearly, while it seemed everyone else had either given up or gone back to their food. "The first question you asked was When did the war of X112 begin."

"That's right!" Pretty called out happily. "Team PoppyKitten wins!" there was a half-hearted applause from Evil Luna, while Penny and Evil Celestia both cheered for Poppy.

Pretty smiled as she brought over the pestilence rocking-horse, and set it down on the table in front of Poppy and Interkitten. "Congratulations, guys." she said, before returning to the counter.

Interkitten nodded, for Poppy to take the horse. Poppy smiled as she picked it up and put it in her satchel. "Great!" she said. "One down, three to go!"

"Shall I locate the others for you?" asked Interkitten.

"I already know Pears has one, unsurprisingly." said Poppy. "So that's just two more left unaccounted for. Any ideas?"

Interkitten nodded, then waved her paw. A hologram interface appeared in front of her as she began to type furiously upon it, her eyes glowing bright green. "This'll take but a moment."

Poppy nodded and waited for Interkitten to locate the last two horses. "Poppy?" Poppy looked over at the counter and saw Pretty Crabby, waving her over. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" she asked.

Poppy wasn't sure if she was in trouble or maybe Pretty just wanted to talk about the contest, but felt she should at least go talk to her; she could use the opportunity to learn about how Crabby's was back in business, something she had been wondering for a while now.

Poppy excused herself from the table and went to the counter to talk to Pretty.

"What did you need?" asked Poppy.

"I was curious what you thought of the contest." said Pretty. "I wanted to make it something special as a sort of tribute to grandpa.

"Tribute?" asked Poppy. "Did something happen to Crabby?"

Pretty looked around to make sure no one was listening. "I don't know." she said, whispering. "A few weeks before we re-opened, he went on a trip way out to the Bermuda triangle in search of new ingredients and never came back! I'm really starting to worry."

"What?" Poppy leaned in bit. "Crabby's missing?"

Pretty nodded. "I know....I know I'm not really his granddaughter, I was just adopted by his son, but still....he's family to me."

"No, no, I understand." said Poppy soothingly. "You're worried about your grandfather; there's nothing wrong with that."

"Thanks." said Pretty. "Anyways, did you want anything while you were here? We have some specials today, with the contest!"

Poppy hadn't eaten at Crabby's since she made the mistake of ordering a small salad and nearly choking on a chicken bone. But it was clear that Pretty was a far better chef then Crabby ever was. Plus, it couldn't hurt to get something for the Poppers when she got back to Yak Yakistan.

"Alright, sure!" Poppy took a seat in one of the dining stools. "What are today's specials?"

Pretty handed Poppy a menu. "It's all the same stuff was when grandpa was here," then she chuckled. "Just, you know...edible."

Both her and Poppy laughed at that one. Poppy looked over the menu, and found that indeed all of the Crabby's favorites were still there.

Including the Double Biscuit Burger with No Claws, The Tuna Sandwich with Peppers and Hot rocks, the poached eggs with tinfoil, sweet and sour saltwater taffy, and even the green salad with cracked walnuts.

"Hmmm...I'll take the green salad with cracked walnuts and," she thought about what the Poppers would want, then decided. "And three of the Deep Fried Devil Dogs."

"Sal!"

A large brown pony wearing a chef's hat with a face that was mostly Eyebrows and mustache stuck his head through the window on the wall behind Pretty. "Eh?" he asked.

"Give me a green duplex with two butlers and three prairie dogs in a Mexican standoff!"

"Eh." nodded Sal, before returning to the kitchen.

"I thought Crabby forbade quirky diner lingo on pain of death." said Poppy. "Or at least he used to say as much, when his waiters tried it."

Pretty rolled her eyes. "Which is why all those waiters quit the next day. Grandpa meant well, but he really didn't know how to run a restaurant."

"How long have you been working here?" asked Poppy.

"A few weeks now." said Pretty. "Running the family restaurant is very fulfilling, but I wouldn't say I was exactly made for it. I prefer white sandy beaches, sipping fiore martins by the Aurole De Venn's in Italy, not slinging hash in a diner. But I do love cooking, so it's still fun."

"Well, one thing's for sure. Your food is certainly attracting more ponies to the diner, instead of the effect it used to have." said Poppy.

"Running away screaming in hysterics and clutching their quickly failing digestive tracts on a beeline for the hospital?" asked Pretty.

"Yep." said Poppy.

"Well, I can safely say those days are over." said Pretty. "Before he left, he put me in charge of the place. And I will not have anymore customers ending up in the hospital because they accidentally eat industrial concrete on their meatball sub."

"I'm sure a lot of ponies will appreciate that." said Poppy with a smile.


When Poppy's food arrived she had it wrapped up and waved goodbye to Pretty then she returned to Interkitten.

"Did you find them?" asked Poppy.

Interkitten nodded. "The first one, The Rocking-Horse Of Death, with realistic soul reaping action, is being used for a magic trick at Make It Shine's show in Manehatten."

"No way!" said Poppy. "I was planning to go see that next week!"

Interkitten nodded. "The last one, The Rocking-Horse of Famine, with inedible hot dog accessories, is in Yak Yakistan, within the toy shop, on the top shelf."

"Well, since I'm heading back there anyways, I guess that'll be the first one I get." said Poppy getting up from her seat. "Did you want to come along?"

"No thanks." said Interkitten politely. "I will remain here and finish my milk before returning these books to the Royal Canterlot University."

"Fair enough." said Poppy."Thanks for all your help Interkitten."

"Of course." said Interkitten with a nod. "Do take care now."


To-Do list: Return to Yak Yakistan and retrieve the Rocking-Horse Of Famine from the Toy shop.

Carefully putting the food into her satchel, Poppy then used her teleportation spell to return to the camp outside of Yakital in a flash of orange light.

Monster Hunt Campsite

Poppy appeared back in the warm and inviting tent, where she was greeted by the Poppers.

"Did you find out what the creature was?" asked Cherry.

"Do we have to stake it in the heart?" asked Root.

"sniff sniff. Is that food?" asked Lemon Lime.

"Yes, no and also yes!" said Poppy taking the food out from her satchel and sitting down with the Poppers to eat. She invited the yak family to come join them, but they said they had their food left over from their trip up the mountains, but thanked her for the gesture.

As Poppy and the Poppers enjoyed their meal, Poppy explained everything to the Poppers, as best as she could. About how the monster was actually a magical being called Santa Claus and that he was normally a kind and jolly elf who delivered presents to children on the night of a certain holiday. But that now he was possessed by a demon and they needed to exorcise it.

Cherry munched on her Devil Dog. "So," she said calmly. "We need to find these evil horse things, so we can get rid of this demon... and save this Santa guy?"

"Yep." said Poppy.

"And then he'll turn back into himself?" asked Lemon Lime.

"Um...possibly." said Poppy.

"And then he'll give us presents for Christmas!?" asked Root excitedly.

"No!" scolded Cherry. "We're doing this to save a poor soul from eternal damnation, as well as all of Yakital from being destroyed by this monster!" she said sternly. "Plus, we don't even celebrate Christmas!"

"Yeah," said Root. "But Santa doesn't know that!"

Lemon Lime shook her head at Root, before turning to Poppy. "After we save Santa's soul, then what?" she asked. "Do we have a way to bring him back to his home?"

Poppy thought for a moment. They didn't even fully understand how Santa even got to Yak Yakistan in the first place. Only that he was definitely not from their world; a magical being from "another dimension" as Pears put it. "I'm...I'm not sure, about that one." said Poppy shaking her head. "Maybe Pears can help him, once he's back to normal."

"Then what are we waiting for!" said Root jumping up from her seat. "Let's get those horses and whoop that demon's scaly backside!"

"Yeah!" cheered the other Poppers.

Poppy laughed as she put her salad back in her satchel for later. "Guess, lunchtime can wait then." she joked.


Poppy and the Poppers began their epic quest for the Four (well, now two) Horses of the Apocalypse, by asking Grudi if there was a toy shop in Yakital; as it was a toy shop that held the Horse Of Famine.

"Why little strong-pony need visit toy shop?" asked Grudi, scratching his head.

"Long story short, we need a specific toy from there to stop the monster." said Poppy. "Is there on in Yakital?"

"Oh!" said Grudi. "In that case, there is shop across from blacksmith in town; not far at all."

"Thanks Grudi." said Poppy. "Also, is there a sacred tree or something around? Or a totem of some kind?"

Grudi nodded. "There is large oak tree in very center of Yakital; it never wilt and leaves never fall off even in coldest blizzard; tree very special to yak; provide food all winter!"

"That'll do!" said Poppy. "We'll be back Grudi; int he meantime tell everyone to call off the hunt for now."

"As Princess Little strong-pony wishes." Grudi nodded.

Poppy and the Poppers then left the tent and headed back to Yakital, following Grudi's directions till they reached a large toy shop nestled cozily in the back of town.

It was a beautiful log cabin with a lit lantern by the door and a sign shaped like a yak wearing a jester's cap. The sign read Dragoy's Toys in large bold letters. Despite the comfy looking sign and door-frame, the shop itself looked dark and upon peeking inside thorough the frosted windows, the Poppers found no trace of a lit candle, lantern or even the store's owner. And yet the sign clearly said they were open.

"The lantern's on," said Root pointing to the lantern on the front door. "But...nopony's home."

A chill went up Poppy's spine. She didn't like this. She liked it even less, when the door, they were sure was closed tightly, suddenly creaked open, as if the shop itself was luring them into a trap.

"Girls," said Poppy stepping forward. "Stay behind me." The Poppers obeyed without question, now knowing something was wrong.

Poppy cautiously peeked into the store, then with the Poppers at her heels, they went inside.

Dragoy's Toys

Dragoy's Toys was clearly a toy shop. One could tell by the fact that there were shelves of freshly painted toys, wood swords, nutcrackers and more all lined up in each row. But as Poppy and The Poppers entered the dark toy shop, they couldn't help but feel they had stepped into more of a haunted house.

The shadows of the toys were large against the walls, and the howling winds from outside made the windows rattle along with the whistling that went through the roof. Poppy looked around at all the displays, around the counter, even by the closet; but there wasn't a single other person, yak or otherwise, anywhere in sight. And it was so quiet; the only sound was the wind from outside, the rattling windows and the creaking floorboards as Poppy and the Poppers made their way through the shop.

Everyone jumped half a foot in the air as the door suddenly slammed shut; a gust of wind having done them the favor of closing it for them.

It was then that Poppy heard it. A heavy scratching and rustling from the back of the store, in the workshop area.

There was someone else here.

Poppy held a hoof to her lips, warning the Poppers to be quiet. They nodded, as she motioned for them to follow her to the back of the store.

Creepign along the dark hallway, Poppy came upon the entrance to the workshop where even from the door-frame she could see a tall, hulking figure, working furiously at one of the tables; broken pieces of wood and splats of paint covered the floor as they worked, apparently trying to put together a nutcracker.

Poppy approached the figure, thinking it was the owner. "Excuse me?" she asked. "Sorry to bother you, but we were-"

Then the figure turned. And Poppy's blood ran cold.

A huge, hulking beastly creature standing on two legs, wrapped in a red coat caked with snow, that swept across the ground, and wearing a strange red hat; turned to look at Poppy with glowing red, bloodshot eyes. It was clutching in one clawed hand, a very poorly put-together and damaged nutcracker.

The Poppers were frozen with fear, unable to speak or scream. The creature didn't attack; but simply stared at them, as they did it. It breathed heavily as it wrinkled it's blue face, it's huge white beard covered in snow and ice, from skulking around outside.

Poppy took a minute to calm herself. "Santa?" she asked.

The creature's eyes widened, seeming to understand. It nodded.

Poppy breathed a sigh of relief. "My name is Poppy." she said softly. "I know who you are; you're not a monster. That's why you're here, right?" Poppy gestured to the nutcracker clutched in the creature's claw. "You're making toys. Cause that's who you are."

The creature looked down at the nutcracker in it's claws, then back at Poppy. Then it nodded.

"You were never going to hurt these yaks, were you?" asked Poppy. "You were just lost; scared, you don't even know how you got here or what happened to you. Is that right?"

Again the creature nodded. The Poppers moved behind Poppy, still scared. The creature looked concerned for them, reaching out a claw for a second before bringing it back slowly.

Poppy understood. "You don't want children to be afraid of you." she said. "You love delivering presents to them, right?"

Again, the creature nodded, now clutching the broken nutcracker tightly in both claws.

Poppy smiled. "I'm going to help you." she said. "I have a way to get that demon out of you and bring back your jolly old self."

The creature looked confused.

"But I need a certain toy from this shop; a miniature rocking horse probably holding a hotdog on it as an accessory. Have you seen it?" asked Poppy.

The creature turned and picked up something from the top shelf, which was no problem as the beast was at least twenty feet tall. He then knelt down and gently handed the The Rocking-Horse Of Famine to Poppy, who smiled as she took it. "Thank you." she said.

The creature nodded.

"By the way, Santa," asked Poppy looking around. "Where's the owner?"

The creature nodded then pointed on clawed finger at the nearby door, which creaked open to show a tiny, fragile old yak in an apron in glasses peeking out. "I-Is he g-gone?" he stammered.


It took some convincing from Poppy and The Fizzy Poppers as well as the word of Dragoy that Santa only broke into his shop to make toys, but they were able to convince Yakital and the other Yaks, who Santa was, and that he needed there help; that he wasn't a monster at all.

Now no longer needing to feat the yaks hunting him, Santa stayed in the camp with Grudi and Bogomir to watch over him, while Poppy and The Poppers gathered the other Horses. They now had two of the horse, and apart from the one Pears was searching the mighty plankton chip mountains for, there was only one left.

No longer afraid of the monster, the yaks called off the hunt, and reopened their gates so that the yaks searching the mountains could return home as well. With Santa safe in the camp, Poppy used her teleportation spell to teleport her and The Poppers to Manehatten, where the next Horse awaited them.

To-Do List: Retrieve the Horse of Death from Make It Shine at her show in Manehatten.

The streets of Manehatten were abuzz with talk of the biggest show in Equestria: Make It Shine's Journey Of Dreams Magic Tour! The show had already made several sold out theaters in Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus, Saddle Arabia, Nawlans and now it was here, in town, at the legendary Manehatten Theater.

Poppy and The Poppers merely had to follow the crowd down the street and through the doors of the beautiful and extravagant Manehatten Amphitheater.

Manehatten Theater

The theater was absolutely packed from the lobby to the atrium, to even the bathrooms, as ponies clamored for their seats in anticipation of the big show. Poppy had to flaunt her Princess of Equestria privilege to allow them let her into the theater far enough to talk to the bouncer by backstage, who nodded as he let them through.

Backstage was a world of it's own as ponies were hustling with huge tanks of sharks, riding and trying to park flying carpets, a cage with two white tigers, a flock of flamingos, a massive cannon, with two stunt ponies practicing to load themselves inside of it, a trapeze act, an elephant riding another elephant and even dragons were busy testing out the many tricks lined up for the show.

And standing on stage, with Angelbunny in a dashing tuxedo on her shoulder, stood Make It Shine, who turned to see Poppy and squealed. "Poppy!" She then ran over and tackled her in a hug, laughing happily.

Poppy laughed too as she hugged back. "Good to see you again, Shine." said Poppy. "I was actually planning on seeing your show next week!"

"Couldn't stay away, huh?" Shine joked. "We have a full house in the theater, but I know I can talk to our way into getting you four seats in the VIP section!"

"Really!" asked Root excitedly. "Awesome!"Cherry nudged her with her elbow.

"We'll have to take a rain-check on that, I'm afraid." said Poppy sadly. "We need your help."

"Of course." said Shine. "What do you need?"

"Do you happen to have a toy rocking horse, with quote unquote realistic soul reaping action?"

"Um...Oh!" Shine's eyes lit up. "Yes, I do! I was going to use it for a trick I had it in mind for the show, but for some reason every time I put it somewhere, I would find it again later in some random spot that I know I never put it."

"Wait." said Poppy. "You mean it moves around by itself?" she asked.

Shine shrugged. "I've never seen it myself, but, yeah I think it does." said Shine. "Ever since I picked it up over in Lower Maneitoba, I've had a strange feeling about it; for one it's always ice cold!"

"Wow, that it is strange." said Poppy. "Any ideas where it might've ended up?"

Shine thought for a moment. "I've noticed it tends to appear around the Nightmare night sets back in the prop warehouse; like it has some kind of fixation with the dead." Shine shivered a bit.

Poppy nodded. "Mind if we check the prop warehouse for it?"

Shine handed Poppy a key that opened the doors to the prop warehouse. "By all means! As long as you take that thing with you. I have another trick in mind to replace it anyways."

"Thanks, Shine." said Poppy taking the key.

"I knew something was up with that thing." said Shine. "Glad someone has a use in mind for it though. It wasn't cheap." Shine joked.

Poppy and The Poppers waved goodbye to Shine then headed backstage where they opened the door to the prop warehouse and went inside, closing the door behind them.


To-Do List: Search the Prop Warehouse in the theater for the Rocking-Horse Of Death.

The Manehatten theater always played amazing shows. Whether it was a play, an opera, a musical, or a magic show; there was no doubt that every set and prop piece was made to perfection, ready to bring the show to life for the audience.

And all these wonderful props and set pieces were made, on-site within the hallowed halls of the prop warehouse.

Entering the warehouse, Poppy saw what looked like the world's largest and strangest garage sale. There were several huge shelves containing multiple props like swords, shields, spears, and even cannons, loaded with plastic cannon balls. They looked around in awe at all the sets that were fully displayed ready to brought on stage.

There were sets for romantic operas, comedic plays, dramatic theater pieces, huge castle walls and towers, complete with painted blue skies. There was one set for a musical that took place entirely during a gondola ride in Italy, a set for a terrifying retelling of a famous vampire romantic tragedy, as well as one that seemed to be a play entirely about the life-cycle of toast (Poppy wasn't sure that one did very well.)

Finally, rounding the back they stepped into the most bizarre room they'd seen thus far. "Whoa." They all said in unison.

It was an entire library taken straight from the guest room of a horror movie castle But that is not what was strange about it; what was strange about it was that the entire room, tables and chairs included, was completely upside down!

They stepped into the room, hooves on the ceiling as they looked up and saw the floor, holding two chairs and a wooden table seemingly without gravity or physics able to interfere. The rest of the room, held bookshelves, a cider cabinet, a large case of fine china (Not a single dish within was out of place, despite the lack of physics keeping them from falling and shattering within the cabinet). It was very unsettling walking on the ceiling and seeing the room like this.

"Ohh." said Root holding her head. "This room's making my brain hurt."

"Mine too." said Poppy. "But this is the last room in the warehouse; the horse has got to be in here."

Then Lemon Lime shouted. "There it is!"

Everyone turned to see her pointing to a large cabinet on the far side of the room (on the ceiling) where there was indeed a pale horse with a skeleton design painted on it, closed up behind the glass door of the cabinet. The cabinet was higher off the ground then any other piece of furniture in the room, and like everything else, the horse within ignored gravity, standing perfectly still within the upside down cabinet.

"Great." said Root rolling her eyes. "How the heck do we get it out of there?"

Poppy sighed. "I'll have to climb this furniture to get up there to reach it." She went over and began to climb up the bookshelves to the ceiling (floor?)

"Are you sure we can't just throw something at it?" asked Root.

"We can't risk breaking it!" scolded Cherry. "Don't worry; Poppy's got this."

The Poppers watched as Poppy reached the top of the shelf, then leaped over to the upside down armchair.

"What about your telekinesis?" asked Root.

"It's too far up!" called Poppy. "I need to get closer before it'll work!" She leapt from the chair over to the table and hung off the edge as she scooted around to the chandelier. He hooves began to sweat as she neared the edge and nearly fell off.

"Be careful, Poppy!" called Cherry. "We'll catch you if you fall!"

"Thanks girls." said Poppy as she re-affirmed her grip then leapt onto the chandelier; the cabinet was just above her now. She looked down, and backed up. She was easily over three stories off the ground. She had to concentrate.

Poppy took a breath then leaped over to the cabinet, barley grabbing onto the wooded frame and opening the door to grab the Horse, and throw it in her satchel. The Poppers cheered and clapped for her as she then leapt over to the bookshelf and slid back down to the floor (ceiling?)


With the technically last Horse of The Apocalypse under their belt, Poppy and the Poppers said goodbye to Make It Shine (Who told them she would have seats waiting for them for her show next week) they then teleported to The Inconvenience Store to see if Pears had managed to locate the final Horse of The Apocalypse: The Horse Of War.

To-Do List: See if Pears has managed to retrieve the final Rocking-Horse Of The Apocalypse.

The Inconvenience Store

Returning to the cheery store lobby of the Inconvenience Store, Poppy and The Poppers heard what sounded like a bulldozer backing up underneath them, followed by the sounds of a million chip bags crying out in crinkly terror as they were tossed aside.

"Sounds like she's making progress." Poppy joked.

They waited for a moment. Then finally Pears emerged from her warehouse doors, wearing a mining helmet and brandishing a red toy rocking horse, that clutched a tiny golden sword in it's mouth. "Got it!" she yelled in victory. "Oh. Hey Poppy." she held up the war horse. "I got it."

"I can see that." Poppy laughed. "How was the struggle?"

"Real!" said Pears, taking off her helmet. "Anyways, how goes the search for the other horses? Knowing you, this is the last one you needed."

"You guess correctly!" said Pears holding her satchel open for Pears to see.

"Huh. Well alright then, here you go!" Pears handed Poppy the war horse, who then put it into her satchel. "And you remember what else you need for this to work right?"

"Yep." said Poppy, getting out her purse. "Do you still have that album of Demonic Holiday Carols?"

"Yep, but you can put the purse away." said Pears with a smile. "This one's for Santa." She reached behind her counter and withdrew the album of demonic holiday carols and handed it to Poppy, who put it into her satchel as well.

"Thanks, Pears." said Poppy.

"No problem!" said Pears. "Now get back there and save Christmas!"


Having retrieved all of the Horses of The Apocalypse, and gotten the album of demonic holiday carols from Pears, Poppy finally had everything she needed to save Santa from the curse of the demon inside of him. With a flash of orange light, Poppy and the Poppers teleported back to Yakital, to begin the exorcism.

Yakital, Site Of Santa's Exorcism

As per Poppy's instructions, the yaks prepared the site of their Sacred Oak for the ritual, as Poppy approached the tree, while The Poppers joined the crowd of onlookers.

The tree stood tall over Poppy, and seemed to radiate a natural peaceful aura. It was definitely a special tree. "Alright." she opened her satchel and took out the horses of the apocalypse. "Let's get started."

As the instructions said, Poppy placed each horse around the trunk of the tree, with some space in between each one, so they created a cross-like shape. With the horses, planted, she took a step back.

Poppy waited.

The crowd waited.

Then there was a sound. "Bells?" Poppy looked around but didn't see any bells around her. They were definitely bells; huge holiday bells ringing a jaunty holiday tune in her ears. The whole of Yakital was suddenly alive with the sound of these invisible bells.

Four beams of light then shined down from the sky onto the horses who began to sparkles as great arcs of magical energy erupted upwards, wreathing the area in spectacular shades of red, green, and white. It was like fireworks had come to life; dancing in the snowy sky.

Then everyone watched in awe as the energy formed itself into what looked like a huge green pine tree with red ornaments dangling from it's branches, then finally a shining star appeared at the top, and blasted a massive beam of golden light, bright as the sun, directly over where it hit Santa causing him to freeze in place, motionless.

"Now!" called Poppy.

The Poppers then dropped the needle on the nearby record player and a jaunty, cheery tune began to play from the speaker.

There once was a fear-some dee-mon, that had a very scare-ee form!
He was the most un-hol-ee, creature that was ever born!
Even the other dee-mons, were scared to let him join their games!
And if you ever want to meet him, you only have. to. shout. his. name

ʜɔT'ɘʜoƚ|ɒupu ʜɔuɘ|ʏ'ʜꟼ
P̸̢̦̜̣̜͖̱̱͊͌̽͑̍̀̊͝h̷̲̳̝͚̹̭͙͚̾̍̍̅́͗̚'̶̱̩̱͔͙̫̼̱͕̹̏̌̾̑̒̈ÿ̶̳͈̣̜̱͕͓́̌ͅl̷̡̢̡̞̭̥̰̿ͅé̷̡̢̟͍̬͔̩̌̎̽̈́͆̕ů̴̺̜̄̒͛̃͘̕͘c̵̨̧̖͉̥̣͙̻̗͋̃̇̋́̿̈̈́̕h̴̜͕̣̟͈͕͉̼̻͒́̾̇̅̀̿̍̉ ̵̤̻̼͓̮͍̌̈́̔̏͒̑͜͝͝ͅu̵̢͎͙̤̮̐͋̂̃́̀̒̆̐̚q̸̜͚̬͓̦̅̌͝ǘ̴̢̡̢̮̲̼̥̽̈́̊̕a̸̝̜̟͓̠̝̥̘͚͋͒̀̂̿l̷̡̟͈̣̼̟̭̯͍͝t̴͉̙͙̙̩̦̬̩͎͂̂̐͊̓̕͝͠o̸̟͍͘h̵̨̫̤̦̘̦̿ễ̴̢̛̜̱͈̒͛͑͆̈́̎'̵̲̮̳̦̞̆̌T̸̨͈͐̅͗̌͌́̇̉̅̒ć̷͈̰̠̠͑̽h̵̛̳͉̩͖̀͊̽̽͂́͆̏͂
P̸̢̦̜̣̜͖̱̱͊͌̽͑̍̀̊͝h̷̲̳̝͚̹̭͙͚̾̍̍̅́͗̚'̶̱̩̱͔͙̫̼̱͕̹̏̌̾̑̒̈ÿ̶̳͈̣̜̱͕͓́̌ͅl̷̡̢̡̞̭̥̰̿ͅé̷̡̢̟͍̬͔̩̌̎̽̈́͆̕ů̴̺̜̄̒͛̃͘̕͘c̵̨̧̖͉̥̣͙̻̗͋̃̇̋́̿̈̈́̕h̴̜͕̣̟͈͕͉̼̻͒́̾̇̅̀̿̍̉ ̵̤̻̼͓̮͍̌̈́̔̏͒̑͜͝͝ͅu̵̢͎͙̤̮̐͋̂̃́̀̒̆̐̚q̸̜͚̬͓̦̅̌͝ǘ̴̢̡̢̮̲̼̥̽̈́̊̕a̸̝̜̟͓̠̝̥̘͚͋͒̀̂̿l̷̡̟͈̣̼̟̭̯͍͝t̴͉̙͙̙̩̦̬̩͎͂̂̐͊̓̕͝͠o̸̟͍͘h̵̨̫̤̦̘̦̿ễ̴̢̛̜̱͈̒͛͑͆̈́̎'̵̲̮̳̦̞̆̌T̸̨͈͐̅͗̌͌́̇̉̅̒ć̷͈̰̠̠͑̽h̵̛̳͉̩͖̀͊̽̽͂́͆̏͂

The record machine then let out a grotesque, guttural roar that made everyone cover their ears in pain, and sounded a bit like cats being dragged through a trash compactor while trying to see which one could scratch a chalk board the hardest.

As the horrid sound retreated back to whatever broken glass factory it came from, Santa let out a loud, angry yell as a dark aura enveloped him then suddenly left his body, falling to the icy ground, as Santa no longer a monster, fell back into the snow, unconscious.


For a moment no one said anything. The energy surrounding the tree vanished along with the horses of the apocalypse. The black mass bubbled and churned on the ground, wriggling like living ink. A few feet back from it, Santa Claus, once again his elf self, laid in the snow, snoring loudly.

"We did it!" said Cherry. "The exorcism worked! Santa's safe!"

"We beat the demon!" cheered Root.

Bogomir stomped his mighty hooves. "Monster is no more!!" he bellowed, and the whole of Yakital cheered and celebrated the defeat of the demon.

But as everyone cheered...

A black tendril suddenly lashed out, grabbed a yak by their ankle and tried to pull them into it's inky black body. Luckily the other Yaks saved him by severing the tendril, but int only made five more grow in it's place.

"EVERYPONY GET BACK!" Poppy bellowed. There was a furious movement of hooves as every Yak charged back into the safety of Yakital, while the guards stayed and prepared to fight the demon, which was now a tall black mass with several red bloodshot eyes, blinking and looking around seemingly at random, as it kept trying to grab the guard yaks with it's fast tendrils.

It seized Bogomir by his hind-leg, but Bogomir only laughed. "Haha!" he laughed. "Puny demon too weak to get mighty yak!" He brought down his axe right on the tendril severing it. As he cheered, he was suddenly seized around the waist by two more tendrils.

"Bogomir!" yelled Poppy. Bogomir was pulled into the maw of the creature, only to be dropped to the ground, as the demon was suddenly seized from behind.

"Your fight's with me, demon!" A deep voice yelled. Poppy turned to see that Santa, now back on his feet, now had the demon seized around the neck, as the demon thrashed, and roared trying to get the large elf off it's back.

The demon thrashed until it managed to wrap one of it's tendrils around Santa and threw him high into the air, where he landed in a pile of snow. But he was right back up soon after, removed his red coat, grabbed a spear, then charged the demon again, along with the other yaks.

"Whoa." said Cherry. "Santa sure is brave!"

"And...rotund." said Root, a bit uneasy.

"We need to help!" said Poppy. "They can't fight that thing on their own!"

But as Poppy and The Poppers were about to charge into the fray to help, Santa called out to her.

"Poppy!" he yelled. "I need you to check my coat pocket!" He rolled under a furious swipe from the demon. "It contains the power we need to destroy this vile thing!"

Poppy nodded then ran over to Santa's huge red coat that lay in the snow, and looked through the pockets for what Santa was talking about. She found many letters from children, a large bag of gingerbread cookies, a bottle of milk, several bags of faerie dust, a first aid kit and a Beard care magazine "for today's man on the go."

Finally in the last pocket, she pulled out a large green bottle. The yellowed label read "In Case Of Demon." She opened it up and a burst of red and green light erupted from it and into the sky, which began to thunder as lightning surged across the sky.

Then from the sky three balls of light floated down to take form in front of Poppy. The first was a ghostly mare in an old-timey dress and bonnet with her mane braided into pigtails.

The second was a brilliantly pink earth pony mare with an even pinker fluffy mane, wrapped in a soft yellow cloak with a wreath of what looked like candy in her mane.

Then finally the last was a tall, imposing mare completely shrouded within a cloak that seemed to perfectly match the night sky.

The three ghostly figures took one look at Poppy and frowned. "Oh. It's you." They said.


"Um...I'm sorry?" asked Poppy, completely confused. "Do I know you?"

The second ghost laughed. "Ha! Does she know us? Of course you know us!" she exclaimed. "We are the Ghosts Of Hearths warming!"

She pointed to herself and smiled. "I, am the ghost, of Hearths warming Present." she said proudly.

The first ghost nodded. "I am the ghost of Hearths warming Past." she said politely.

"And she," Present put her hoof on the shoulder of the tall cloaked pony. "Is the ghost of Hearths warming Future." The imposing mare nodded. "She doesn't say much."

"To...look imposing?" asked Poppy.

"No." Present shook her head. "She's just shy."

Present then rounded on Poppy, putting a hoof to Poppy's chest that sent shivers down her spine. "And you, Poppy Blossom, oh!" she threw her hooves up in the air. "We know allll about you, and the trouble you've caused!"

"Trouble?" asked Poppy. "What do you mean? What did I do?"

Past then floated up to her. "Your constant misadventures and the trouble you've attracted have ruined many a Hearths Warming in the past." she said sternly.

"What?!" cried Poppy. "I've never ruined anypony's Hearths warming!"

Present rounded on her again. "We can name three Hearths Warmings, that because of your recent actions, have been ruined...by you!"

"Okay! Okay." said Poppy. "I promise I'll make up for it but right now I need your help! There's this demon over there and...I don't know can you guys go...fight it, or something?"

The GOHs huddle up for a moment, discussing what they should do. Having agreed they broke the huddle and turned to Poppy.

"Okay. We'll help you." said Present with a smile.

"Great!" said Poppy.

"But..."

"But?"

Past shook her head. "But, before we do; you have to prove to us your worthy of our help."

"What? What do you mean?" asked Poppy.

Present came up to her and booped Poppy's nose. "As we said, there are three Hearths Warmings that have been ruined due to your actions." she explained with a grin. "If you travel back to each one with each of us, and fix them, then we will aid you in using the power of Hearths Warming to destroy that demon."

"I-I can't do that right now!" cried Poppy. "I have to stay and help fight that thing."

Present grabbed Poppy by the cheeks and locked eyes with her. "Except," she said. "You are time traveling. Literally no time at all will pass while your fixing each Hearths Warming. It'll be like you never left!"

"Oh. Right." said Poppy, as Present let go of her face. "But what about Santa? He can't fight that thing!"

Past laughed. "Oh, you don't have to worry about him. The man lives in the coldest part of the world all year round, and has staved off the worst the arctic could throw at him for over one hundred years. Trust us; he'll be fine."

Poppy looked back at the scene of Santa laughing heartily with the other Yaks as they fought off the demon with their spears, actually looking like they were having a lot of fun. The Poppers had wandered over to watch the fight from on top of the wooden wall of Yakital, along with some other young yaks.

"Huh." said Poppy. "Well," she turned back to the GOH. "Alright. I'll do it."

"That's the spirit! Hahaha!" Present joked. She clapped her hooves, and suddenly a large hearths warming wreath appeared behind her, big enough for two yaks to walk through, with a swirling red and white portal pulsating within it.

Past clapped her hooves and another portal just like the first appeared behind her.

Future also clapped her hooves, and another portal opened behind her as well.

Past smiled at Poppy. "Choose which point in time you'd like to visit, and we'll take you back there." she explained. "Just remember the rules; nopony can see or hear you at all while your with us."

Poppy nodded. "I understand. I choose to go back to the past, first."

Past leaned in and whispered "Good choice!" before leading Poppy through her portal to the past.

A Few Weeks Ago (Crabby's Diner)

Poppy and Past walked through the portal, into the inviting setting of Crabby's Diner. The diner was nearly empty, save for one lone mare who sat alone at her booth, with a cup of coffee, and a newspaper in front of her.

"Hey, that's Mary!" said Poppy. Mary Mareman was reading from the paper with a frown on her face, looking quite downtrodden. "Is she okay?"

Past shook her head. "She lost her job."

"What!" cried Poppy. "That's terrible!"

"Yep. And it's your fault."

"What!?" asked Poppy. "How is it my fault?!"

"When you killed Hue Humble, you technically killed Mary's boss." Past explained. "Though it was required, your actions still temporarily set Huetology back and caused Mary to be let go to make room for other like-minded ponies."

Poppy's eyes widened. "B-But I had to kill Hue!" said Poppy. "He was literally a monster bent on taking over the world!"

"I'm not arguing that Hue needed to die." said Past. "But you're actions still affected Mary's life. And now, you have to make it right!"

Poppy sighed. "You're right." she said solemnly. "But how do I do it?"

"You'll figure it out." said Past. "Just think for a moment. You literally have all the time in existence to figure it out."

To-Do List: Fix The Past by helping Mary with her unemployment problem.

Poppy looked around the diner, and went over to the counter where she saw not only Pretty Crabby, but Real Crabby was also there! He was a very old, very mean looking, donkey sea captain, with a red vest a captains hat, a thick scraggly beard, and a squinty, angry face, that purveyed to everyone a very clear message: Screw off.

"Crabby!" Poppy called. "You're back! No, wait. You aren't missing yet." Crabby couldn't hear or see Poppy, and continued to it at the counter, wearing a mean, angry scowl on his face while Pretty helped a customer with his order.

Poppy put a hoof to her chin. "Now I wonder," she said softly. "How do you go missing, Crabby?"

"Ahem!" said Past.

"Sorry!" said Poppy, turning back to Mary. "Hmm..."

Poppy sat in Mary's booth and looked down at the paper she was reading. "Classified ads." said Poppy looking them over. Most of them were crossed out, except one. "Wanted: Experienced Agents for the X019 P.O.I.N.T Recruitment. World's top field in espionage and global protection seeking recruits for this year's annual P.O.I.N.T recruitment drive. Elite agents only apply."

"No way!" said Poppy. "A spy agency is recruiting! That's perfect for you Mary!"

And this was true! Mary, before becoming The Don of The HappyTime Mafia, was of course an elite agent of the Equestrian Bureau of Investigation, alongside her partner, Stripe Dorton. She would be the perfect recruit for this P.O.I.N.T.

But Mary, disgruntled, picked up the newspaper and threw it in the trash. "Hey!" yelled Poppy. "What are you doing, Mary?! Didn't you see the ad?"


Mary Mareman sat at her table with her coffee. She'd worry about finding a job later. Right now, she just wanted to relax.

Suddenly, the newspaper she had thrown away, somehow blew out of the trash can and landed in front of her. "Huh?" she looked around. Had there been a breeze from the door? Deciding it must've been the wind, she was about to throw the paper away again, when she a red marked dropped out of nowhere and landed on the paper, right on top of an ad that instantly caught Mary's attention.

"Hey!" she said. "That sounds amazing! P.O.I.N.T is the finest spy agency in the world, and their recruiting!?" Mary read over the ad quickly before a huge grin crossed her face. "This is perfect!" With newfound vigor she paid for her coffee then ran out the door with a new spring in her step.


"Huh." said Past thoroughly impressed. "Well, done, Poppy!"

"Thanks!" said Poppy with a smile. "Should I give back the red marker I took from Crabby though?"

"Nah, it's fine." she clapped her hooves and the portal reappeared. With one last look around the diner, Poppy returned to the present time in Yakital.

Yakital

Arriving back in Yakital, the portal to the past vanished, as Past went to wait for Poppy to fix the remaining time periods, taking a seat under the oak tree and watching the fight with Santa and the demon. The other yaks had gone to sharped their spears, while Santa had obtained a second spear and a horned yak helmet, and was furiously charging the demon from the front.

Poppy then approached Present, who turned to smile at her. "Poppy!" she said. "You ready to take a trip to the amazing, fantastic, and mysterious world...of the present?!"

"Isn't the present like....right now?" asked Poppy.

"Nope!" said Present with a grin. "The present applies to the moment of time where at least one day has not past, and applies to everyone and everything within the observable space time continuum!"

"Oh. Um...okay?" said Poppy still not fully getting it. "Then, yeah. I'm ready."

"Let's be off then!" Present and Poppy then entered the portal leading to that mysterious and awe-inspiring world of...the present.

The Present (Just not right now, though)

Poppy and Present walked once more into Crabby's Diner, where Evil Celestia and Evil Luna sat at the same booth Poppy has seen them sit, since she defeated Hue. They looked especially somber, with two drinks of hard cider in front of them, the blinds closed, and generally just...miserable.

Poppy felt her heart sink. "Let me guess," she said. "I ruined Evil Celestia and Evil Luna's lives by stopping them from taking over Equestria?"

Present shook her head. "Nope." she said. "They just don't have the confidence in themselves to get out do something else besides drink themselves into a light coma. You need to snap them out of it, so they can prove to themselves they aren't worthless!"

"Oh." said Poppy. "Well in that case, I know just how to do that!"


A mopey Evil Celestia and Luna were sitting at their table, drinks in hoof, feeling very much depressed.

Luna tried to take a sip, but the glass moved ever so slightly away from her. She asked Celestia, “did you see that?” Celestia shook her head.

But going to take a sip from her own drink, it moved as well. Both princesses jumped in their seats, terrified and immediately coming to the logical conclusion that the restaurant was haunted. Just then, the blinds opened and light poured into the room. The sisters were blinded for a moment, but soon found the light very invigorating.

Just then, the stools both mares were sitting on bolted across the floor, carrying two completely bewildered and powerless alicorns on top of them. They screeched to a stop in front of a board in the corner of the place titled: “job openings. The wall was filled with fulfilling and interesting opportunities, the two evil sisters just didn’t have it in them to look for that again yet.

Looking over the spread, they felt inspired. Inspired to get out there, to take up the offer, to do something meaningful with their short, cloned lives. Just then, the doors swung open unexpectedly, and the bright, welcoming light of opportunity shined in.

This was it. This was their chance! Looking at each other, the princesses nodded in agreement. They both came to the same realization. Together, they walked out of Crabby’s and towards a new chapter of their lives.

Crabby then came in, hissed at the light, and yelled something about coming back to pay the bill, before swearing loudly for several minutes.


"Huh, Crabby still isn't missing." said Poppy. "I thought you said this was the present."

"It is." said Present with a wink. "From this morning; After you left with the horse of pestilence."

"What?" asked Poppy. "But...Pretty said that her grandpa..." Poppy didn't understand, but knew she would remember it the next time she talked to Pretty.

"Anyways," said Present. "You did it! Now you only have the future to fix!"

"Before we go," said Poppy. "Can we stay so I can see where Crabby goes?"

"Sorry, Poppy." said Present shaking her head. "Once the time period is fixed, we have to leave almost immediately."

"Dang it!" said Poppy. "I guess that makes sense." she looked back at Crabby, only to see he was gone.

Yakital

Poppy and Present returned to Yakital, with the portal behind her vanishing just as the first did. Present then went to join her fellow GOH under the oak tree, to watch Santa fight the demon. He was doing amazingly, with the demon clearly having a hard time against him and his spears.

Poppy went over to the Ghost of Hearths Warming Future who nodded, then pointed to the portal behind her.

"You...really don't talk?" asked Poppy politely.

Future shook her head.

"Like...at all?"

Future shook her head.

"....Not even a little?"

Future shook her head.

"Huh/ Well let's get to it I guess." Future nodded and lead Poppy through her portal into the distant future.

The Future

Poppy stepped out from the portal only to be met by a terrifying sight. She saw herself, her future self standing on what appeared to be an outcropping of volcanic rock, surrounded by boiling lava; which was quickly rising. "Okay, Poppy." said future Poppy. "Just have to think of a way out of this....any moment now."

Current Poppy the turned to Future. "I have to save myself from dying in a fiery hellscape!?"

Future nodded.

"Really!?" snapped Poppy. "I need to figure out how to save myself from dying a horrible burning demise, and you won't even say anything about it!?"

Future shook her head.

"Oh, screw this!" Poppy seized the hem of Future's cloak and pulled it right off of her, revealing a shocked blue mare that looked like Luna, but with blank, white eyes.

"H-Hey! What the hell!?" she yelled in outrage. "Y-You can't do that!"

"Just did!" Poppy yelled back before throwing the cloak into the lava. Instantly there was a terrible gust of the coldest wind Poppy had ever felt, and the lava froze over, creating an icy path for future Poppy to escape from.

"What the?" said Future Poppy, bewildered. "Hey...I remember this!" she then looked over at exactly where current Poppy was standing. "Thanks, past Poppy!" she called out before galloping off across the ice to her freedom.

Poppy waved good bye to her future self while Future looked outraged. "Do you have any idea what you've done!?"

"Yeah, I saved myself!" said Poppy. "With no help from you at all!"

"You destroyed my cloak!" said Future blushing furiously. "What am I supposed to wear now!?

Poppy thought a moment. "I think I have a suggestion..."


Yakital

Poppy and the ghost of Hearths warming future (Now wearing a lovely blue scarf that Poppy knitted for her using her knitting kit from her satchel) returned to the present, to see that the other ghosts of Hearths warming were waiting for them.

"Whoa." said Past. "What happened to your cloak?"

Future shot a look at Poppy as her cheeks turned red. "I....lost it."

"You lost an ancient relic that exists beyond the totality of time and space?" asked Present.

"....yes."

"Huh." said Past. "Well, the scarf is cute though!"

Future sighed. "Thanks."

Poppy then stepped in. "So....will you guys help destroy the demon now?"

"You have proved to us that you are willing to make up for your actions, and help those who are effected by them." said Past. "So...sure. Lets do it!"

"Whoo! Demon battle!" said Present.

Future just sighed again. "A scarf works too....I guess."


To-Do List: Help The Ghosts Of Hearths Warming Destroy The Demon.

Back at the scene of the fight, Santa was clearly exhausted, but he didn't give up; brandishing his broken spears, as if they could still injure the horrid creature. "Come on!" he roared. "Come on then!" Then he was pulled back through the snow, all the way to Yakital, by an unseen force.

"We can take it from here, Nick." The Ghosts Of Hearths Warming floated down and locked eyes with the demon; it's bulging red eyes blinking and snapping shut rapidly, as they all locked onto the three ghosts in front of it.

For a second, the only sound heard was the gentle howl of the mountain winds. Then the battle began.

Past slammed her hooves to the ground and from the shaking, icy earth, sprang a massive snow golem; like a huge white knight, which then thrust it's huge sword into the inky black gut of the demon, sending it sprawling backwards as it roared angrily.

Tendrils, possibly thousands shot out from the demon's body too fast for Poppy to see, aimed for Past, but they were deflected when a massive wrapped present appeared in front of her, opened up and trapped the tendrils in it's maw.

Future moved her hooves gracefully around her as time all around the area froze for a second, before a trillion icicles shot out from the ground by Past, right into the demon's body.

Enraged the demon opened it's eyes and a jet of green light streaked out from it's pupils towards Past, who turned and was gone in a whirling of snow.

The next second, she had reappeared behind the demon and waved her hooves above the ground. More snow statues sprang to life from the earth all around the battle field.

The statue of the bishop ran at the demon, who roared and sent beams from it's eyes streaming uselessly off its chest, before the demon dived at it, only landing on the ground and being wrapped up by Present, pinning it to the cold ground.

Meanwhile, the Saint and the wise-colt scuttled towards the gates set along the wall of Yakital and blocked them to prevent the town from being damaged in the fight. Present then galloped at the demon, who vanished and reappeared beside the tree.

Poppy tried to step in, but The white knight statue thrust her backwards, away from the fight, as Future advanced on the demon; a million ice spears hanging in the air around them both.

The demon then opened it's huge maw: the force of the white blast that emanated from it was such that Poppy, though shielded by the tree, felt her mane stand on end as it passed and this time Past was forced to conjure a shining ice shield out of the snow to deflect it. The blast, whatever it was, caused no visible damage to the icy shield, though a deep, gong-like note reverberated from it–an oddly chilling sound, that blended with the howling of the wind.

Future then waved her hooves again; and the snow beneath them became water; an ocean in the mountains. Past then seized this opportunity to move her hooves forward; the water around them then rose up and covered the demon like a cocoon of molten glass.

For a few seconds the demon was visible only as a dark, rippling, shapeless figure, shimmering and indistinct upon the plinth, clearly struggling to throw off the suffocating mass–

Then it was gone and the water fell with a crash back into snow, cascading wildly over the sides of the mountain, like a small avalanche.

Then all was quiet. The demon had been vanquished.

Poppy stepped out from behind the tree as the snow statues turned back into snow on the ground. She walked up where the Ghosts Of Hearths Warming stood shoulder to shoulder, as Santa also approached from the side.

"H-How...T-That?" said Poppy, goggling at the site where the demon once stood. Then finally she yelled, "That was SO awesome! You guys are SO awesome!"

"Yes." nodded Past with a smile. "Yes, we are."

And they were!


The news of the demon's defeat reached every corner of Yakital, then every corner of Yak Yakistan in mere moments. The streets were jammed with yaks laughing, dancing and cheering the demise of the demon and the brave ponies who fought against it, as well as Santa who was honored by the yaks as a fierce warrior for fighting the demon alongside them, even earning the title of "Red-yak elf."

A great feast was held in the Yakital Great Hall, where everyone, including the GOH, The Poppers, Santa, Poppy and every brave Yak warrior who fought against the demon as well as possibly every yak in Yak Yakistan, sat proudly around the table, by the roaring fire of the hall, laughing and toasting great mugs of cider in honor of the heroes who saved Yak Yakistan, and the world from the demonic threat.

And now that Santa was no longer a demonic monster, and Poppy finally got to sit down with him; she and the Poppers used this chance to have quite an enlightening conversation...


"So...um, Santa?" asked Poppy.

"Hmm?" said Santa looking over at her. He looked a thousand times better then the first time they had seen him. His cheeks were as rosy as his nose, his beard was combed and looked as fluffy as a cloud yet smooth as snow. His coat had been cleaned and pressed and was a deep rich shade of crimson with white trim around the sleeves and neck. His hat rested atop his head, like a nightcap.

And then there were these...appendages; hands he called them. Everyone just compared them to fleshy claws with very short nails.

"Sorry, I was just wondering," said Poppy. "Well...how exactly did you get here?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure." said Santa, his deep voice feeling like magic to the ears. "I was outside, chopping firewood for the furnace, when I suddenly felt something in the air. A vile presence, sickening to be near."

Santa motioned with his hands as he spoke, amazing everyone as to what they could do. "I was seized from behind and then I felt...cold. Colder then cold. Like my soul had been pushed aside so something else could nest in it's place. I was conscious for all of it; from falling down onto that mountain; to seeing that family of yaks and trying to talk to them, but I couldn't control what I was saying. It felt like a dream. But I knew I had to wake up!"

Santa looked over at Poppy. "I tried desperately to hang onto myself; I even found that toy shop and tried to build some toys to keep my mind stable. Then you found me, Poppy." He put a hand on Poppy's shoulder, which freaked her out at first, but then found it comforting. "You saved me. And I will never forget it." he smiled warmly at her as his eyes twinkled.

Poppy blushed as she scratched the back of her head. "You're welcome." she said, with a nervous chuckle. "But, you don't even know where this demon came from?"

"I'm afraid not." said Santa. "I will need to return to the North Pole and see if there are any more of those vile creatures skulking around out there. I was caught unprepared the first time; but not again."

"Santa?" Root raised her hoof. "How is it that you and the Ghosts Of Hearths Warming know each other?" she asked.

Present took a drink of cider before answering. "Oh, we all meet in The Bar With No Doors, to discuss various things like holiday preparation, maintain the balance of goodness in the universe and playing ping pong!"

Lemon Lime raised her hoof next. "What's The Bar With No Doors?" she asked.

Past shook her head. "You have to be a lot older before you can know that, I'm afraid." she thought for a moment. "About...two thousand years older."

Poppy then asked a question next. "So, how will you get home Santa?" she asked politely.

Present raised her hoof. "Oh, we're taking him back. But there's no rush."

Santa nodded. "Indeed," he said. "There is plenty more in this wondrous yak-land for me to see and learn from." he let out a small chuckle. "I'm sure by the end of it, I will have quite the tale to tell the reindeer when I return, Hoho!"

Poppy seemed confused. "But if you're not back in your world, who will deliver presents to kid's on Christmas?"

Santa chuckled to himself. "Oh, the parents usually just say it's from me, while doing it themselves. Very considerate of them; saves me plenty of time to go to the other houses."

"Oh. Okay." Poppy smiled and went back to eating, while she couldn't help but feel that somewhere, someones mind was just blown by this fact.

Interesting...

Successful Delivery!

- On Time Percentage: 100%

- Issues: None

- Complaints: None

- Rank: A

Delivery #7 of 11 Completed