• ...
4
 19
 1,796

Chapter 8: Filling in the gaps

Chapter Eight

Filling in the gaps

The next morning I woke up Dashie with breakfast in bed. Trixie puff cereal, orange juice and two slices of toast with the crusts cut off; just the way she liked it.

“Morning sleepy head.”

Rainbows eyes twitched open; it looked like she’d had a rough night.

“Oh...hay Whirlwind.”

“Couldn’t sleep?” I asked.

“I could but I kept having wired dreams.”

“Oh, like what?”

“Doesn't matter, I’m starved.”

Dashie tucked into her breakfast, looking at the box of cereal.

“Trixie puffs?”

“Yeah.”

“I thought she had gone into exile. and yet I saw her last night and now on a box of cereal.”

I forgot what Luna told me last “Rainbow Dash’s memory might have been erased from the moment she was cursed until now. How was I going to tell her about her wing? I took a deep breath.

“Dashie , what’s the last thing you can remember?”

“Hmmm I can remember-“

“Rainbow Dash darling!”

“Rarity!”

I turned around and Rarity was in the door way, she ran down the room towards us with a huge smile on her face and flung her hooves around Dashie.

“Oh Rainbow Dash I`ve missed you so much!”

“Yeah...I`ve missed you too.”

Dashie looked at me with a confused face; I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

“These past seven years must have been hard for you.”

“Wait! Did you just say seven years?”

“Rarity a word in private please!”

“Ah Whirlwind get your hooves off of my dress.”

I dragged Rarity behind a collapsible screen next to Dashie's bed.

“She doesn't know!”

“What?!”

“The obedient reversal spell wiped her memory clean.”

“W-What’s the last thing she can remember?”

“I don’t know yet.”

“Why not?”

“I was going to find out then you ran in and ruined it!”

“Oh, sorry about that.”

“It’s fine; just keep the excitement down a bit please.”

“Excuse me but I haven’t seen Rainbow dash in 7 years.”

“Neither have I. Let’s do this together but don’t give her to much information at one time otherwise she will be lost.”

“Okay.”

I pulled the screen back, Rainbow Dash was gone and her bed sheets were to one side and the door to the ward was open, she must have gone exploring.

“Rarity I doubt she would be under the bed, now come on we`ve gotta find her and fast.”

We didn't look far; just outside the door was Rainbow Dash looking out of the window and down at Manechester. It must have come to a shock to her; she just stared down at the city. Myself and Rarity stood next to Dashie and all three of us took in the view. A moment passed then Dashie spoke.

“We’re not in Equestria are we?”

“No dear, we're not,” replied Rarity.

“Where are we?”

“We’re on an island that Celestia and Luna used as a playground when they were fillies, It has no name but the city's called Manechester and this has been the New Lunar Republic`s home for the past 5 years,” I replied.

“New Luna Republic?”

“Yes, myself, Whirlwind and the Republic of Equestria were meant to be banished to the moon but Luna saved us and we have been living here ever since and have been undisturbed by the Empire,” replied Rarity.

“Republic of Equestria?”

“Dashie, was what the last thing you remember?” I asked.

“Err...hmm...You flying back to the barracks after our graduation party in Canterlot Castle. Princess Celestia came to the party and said a few words of congratulations. Then she took me aside for a chat. The next thing I see is you Luna and Trixie leading over me in a dark room. What happened to me?”

“My sister, that’s what happened to you Rainbow Dash.”

“Your highness.” I saluted and Rarity bowed.

“My sister cast an obedience spell over you Rainbow Dash, from that moment on you were her puppet.”

“Oh my gosh...why?” Rainbow Dash asked Rarity.

“I have no idea,” she replied.

“I do,” said Luna.

“Being the element of loyalty, you in my sister’s eyes were the perfect warrior. I've come to the conclusion that my sister intends...to break the first order.”

“What?!” said Dashie.

“That’s impossible!” said Rarity.

“It can’t be?!” I said, shocked.

“I’m afraid it is Whirlwind.”

“Hang on, can’t Celestia just kill anypony she wants?” said Dashie.

“No for she and myself are not bound to the first order. If she were to kill anypony the prophecy would not come true. Only a pony killing another pony would fulfill the prophecy, and it must be in a symbolic way.”

“So that explains Rainbow Dash’s actions during the invasion of Russhire,” said Rarity breaking the silence.

“What?!”

Rainbow dash looked at me; behind her I could see Rarity mouthing the word “sorry”. I took a deep breath and said it.

“Protocol 6, I had to shoot you down. Believe me it took all my strength to pull that trigger.”

Rainbows eyes welled up, she started mumbling then she grabbed her head and fell to the floor it looked as if she was suffering from a migraine. I propped her up ageist the wall.

“Oh no we've told her too much too soon!”

“I don’t think it’s that Rarity,” said Luna.

“Dashie are you okay, what’s wrong?” I asked.

Dashie continued hold her head. Suddenly her eyes opened wide.

“I remember!”

“Great, where do you remember up too?” I replied.

“Being shot down, ejecting, then pain...so much pain.”

Rainbows head turned around.

“My wing!”

“Oh buck.”

*

Myself and Rarity waited outside the ward as Rainbow Dash had some tests conducted on her. Rarity was pacing up and down the corridor.

“Could you please stop that?!” I said.

“Sorry, I’m just concerned for Rainbow Dash."

“She fainted at the sight of her wing that’s all.”

The door to the ward opened, it was Nurse Red Heart. She closed the door behind her gently so to not disturb Rainbow Dash. Rarity shot towards Red Heart.

“Tell me Nurse, how long has my dear friend Rainbow Dash have to live?”

“She’s going to be fine Rarity, but she is in shock. I think we should let her rest for a while and let her come to grips with her injuries.”

“Oh...”

“See I told you,” I said to Rarity.

“Please Nurse, look after her will you?”

“Of course I will, Miss Rarity.”

Rarity said her goodbyes and left. I wanted to stay with Dashie but Red Heart insisted I leave her to rest. The look on Dashie’s face when she saw her busted wing will stay with me forever: shock, horror and fear.