• ...
4
 19
 1,795

Chapter 5: Release

Chapter 5
Release

Equestria was now on the horizon and the lights of Boltamare could be seen as two compounds. The assault team and I were now at the stern of the ship clambering into the three zodiacs that would take us to shore. The engines of our boats revved and we headed for shore.

At speed we skipped along the surface of the water, when we were 50 meters out we would cut our engines and drift ashore or paddle as necessary. It became so quiet you could hear a pin drop as we floated to shore. As soon as the boat hit the beach we were switched on and made our way to the compound. We stopped 20 meters form the moat and lay down.

“Phase one. Go.” I said into the radio.

The Pegasus picked up the first squad and flew them onto the wall then came back. A voice came on to my radio.

“This is Alpha 2, tango stunned.”

“Roger.” I replied.

I kept the red dot sight of my rifle fixed on the HQ tower. Another voice came over the radio.

“Phase one complete.”

“Roger. Phase two. Go.”

The Pegasi and I took off, separating into two groups. One would breach the south entrance to the tower and the other group the north entrance. Second squad put charges on the drawbridge’s chains as to create a distraction and our way out.
“Stack up” I ordered.

We prepared to breach the north door, I cocked my rifle then opened the door. Two guards fell from their seats as my shots hit their heads. They didn’t even see or hear us, another two fell as 2nd squad leader breached the south door. We nodded at each other form across the room and made our way down to the dungeon.

The spiral staircases lead us deeper and deeper underground. 2 minutes in, so far so good I said to myself. I shot the guards to the dungeon door at the bottom of the staircase.

“Stack up, 1st squad in position. Over.”

“Copy that” replied Night Light.

“On my mark we breach, weapons tight.”

“Roger.”

“3-2-1. Now!”

Flitter kicked the door and knocked over the guard who was standing behind the door. She fired two bolts into his head. I looked down the corridor to see Sound Mix do the same. The corridor was long and dark and lit only by a few torches so we put on our night vision goggles. Cells with rusted bars lined the stone walls on either side. We all moved down checking each cell at a time. I called out the challenge as did Night Light.

“Blueberry...Blueberry...Blueberry.”

“...Muffins...”

“Blueberry...”

“Muffins!”

Both squads raced down to cell which had the voice coming from it. It was right in the middle; me and Night Light met up at the same time and looked into the cell.

“Blueberry.” we both said.

“Muffins.”

“Derpy, you okay?”

“...I`m fine...”

“Lyra, open it.”

Lyra’s horn glowed green and the cell doors flew open, Derpy nearly fell to the ground but me and Night Light caught her.

“Can you walk?” I asked.

“Yes but I can`t fly, my left wing was hit in the ambush. It’s paralysed.”

“Damn, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay; I don’t use it much anyway.”

Night Light looked at me; his face seemed to say “Typical Derpy”. Suddenly the alarm went off and all of the cell doors opened; now it was going to get serious. Lyra grabbed Derpy by one hoof and so did Petunia and dragged her out of the cell, while myself and Night Light waited by the door that Flitter had kicked in. We could hear voices coming from up the stairs but the siren made it hard to figure out how many but we could tell that they were coming down.

“Eveypony in the cells now!” I ordered.

We waited for the enemy, Night Light who was opposite me gestured to me that then enemy were coming down the corridor to us .

“Wait for my signal,” I whispered into the radio. The red light of the siren on the wall projected the guards' shadows on the floor; the first one passed me then a second then a third. I took a deep breath.

“Open fire!”

*

We ran towards the now open draw bridge, 3rd squad had done a good job they were giving us covering fire from the fall back position. I flew into the ditch that 3rd squad used for cover and tapped Pyro on the shoulder.

“Blow it!”

“Got it!”

He picked up the clicker and pulled the trigger. The Gate tower collapsed into a pile of rubble this was now our chance to escape. I gestured to the beach.

“3rd and 2nd squad fall back to the zodiacs. 1st squad will remain here and lay down covering fire. Night Light, pop smoke!”

“Roger sir.”

Night Light fired off the frag grenade that he had in his grenade launcher, pulled out a black bullet from his ammo pouch, inserted it into his launcher and fired. Black smoke engulfed the compound, while myself and first squad made a tactical withdrawal to the beach.

“Cast off! Pegasi, on me, Captain Pip prepare for sail.”

“Aye aye sir.” Pip responded on my radio.

Me and the other Pegasi flew above the boats as they made their way back the Destroyer. My radio cracked into life.
“Sir this is radar control on the Sea Hoarse there is a single aerial contact heading towards you, it’s coming back from the main land over.”

“Aircraft or Pegasus?”

“Unclear sir.”

“Okay, get your SAM sites online. I’ll go and check it out.”

I opened my wings to slow myself down then turned to face whatever it was. I could make out a small speck in the distance so I flew towards it. My blaster was in my right arm and aimed at the object. Whatever the UFO was it was too small to be an aircraft; I flick the safety off my blaster then took aim. Suddenly the UFO shot passed me a brake neck speed, I could make out the colours red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I stopped suddenly and turned, and there she was hovering above me.

“Hello, Whirlwind.”

“H-Hi, Dashie.”