• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 1,217 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Mages: Academia Amina - Foxhelm



Following the defeat of the Storm King, what's next for Twilight? Well open a school of course, what could go wrong.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,217

Lost and Found

Approximately two hours later, in the throne room of Princess Celestia, Prince Rutherford, King Thorax, Dragon Lord Ember, Grampa Gruff, and General Seaspray stood in front of Celestia with Princess Twilight to their right, as Celestia sat on her throne. “Where Yona?!” Rutherford shouted his question to everyone. He then pointed to Celestia, “This all human's fault!” he accused Celestia.

Ember huffed as she stepped to look Rutherford in the eyes, “You're pretty quick to blame someone!” The dragon pointed out. “What are you hiding, ork?!” she asked, or rather accused Rutherford of kidnapping the students. Rutherford snorted in her face in protest.

Thorax changed from his normal form to a noticeable more insect-like, with his crown changing to look like a set of orange mandible like antlers. “We can figure out whoever is responsible and bring the guilty party to answer for their actions later, our concern should be finding our missing children first and foremost.”

While this his action did seem to get Ember and Rutherford back down from each other, “Nice try!” Gruff shouted as he pointed his finger at Thorax, “You grubs are probably hidin' the whole lot of 'em!” the old harpy accused Thorax.

Before for things got worse, Celestia took a breath, “SILENCE!!!” she shouted using her Chantalot royal voice which caused everyone else to be sent flying and slamming into the wall on the farthest side from the thrones. As they all got back up returned to the actual throne, Celestia spoke, “Now before we go any farther, will someone explain to US what happened.” Celestia requested… or more like ordered as she used her Chantalot royal voice as she said ‘us’ as she pointed to herself.

This caught everyone off guard and the other leaders began to shiver in slight fright, Celestia had never used the royal ‘we’ before anyone in the room could remember it. “Answer US.” Celestia ordered and the other leaders dropped to their knees and bowed to her,

“Pardon, my fellow’s emotional outburst, Princess,” Seaspray said in a near panic.

Twilight was about to speak, “There are three definitions for ‘Prince/Princess’ Twilight, Princess Skystar is an example of the one you are most familiar with, Rutherford is the ruler of a true principality, the third and the one is most align with its etymology is ‘the first leader’, and as you can see, I am an example of the first leader.” Celestia explain. “Now General Seaspray, would you care to explain what is going on.”

Seaspray got back to his feet, “You see, Silverstream left me a note saying that she didn’t want to say goodbye to her friends just yet after the school was closed. She wrote that they all intend to run away and stay together-”

“YES! MY SCHOOL DID WORK! THEY LEARNED FRIENDSHIP!” Twilight shouted in joy as she jumped and flew around happily. There were a cough and Twilight stopped to see everyone standing and give her a slight scowl. She landed and took a couple of steps away as she gave a nervous laugh, “sorry.” she whispered.

Seaspray cleared his throat and turned to Celestia, “Truth or not, the five students we seek couldn't have done this by themselves. Someone is hiding them!” Seaspray pointed out. “If the niece of our Queen is not found soon, I promise there will be retribution!” He threatened everyone.

“Please, bird-fish.” Ember challenges as she huffed a breath of flame in Seaspray’s direction. “You have Smolder and I will personally boil Mt Aris until I find her.”

Grampa Gruff gave his own dismissive huff, “Not unless the harpy army doesn’t sack your caves and find Gallus there in, worm!” he challenged the Dragon Lord

“Orks fight harpies and dragons!” Rutherford declared as he beat his chest to show that he was ready to fight both.

Thorax tried to step in and defuse the situation, “Please, this not the time to go to arms, we have to—”

“What are you up to, shapeshifter?” Ember cut him short and was ready to tear the elf apart.

Celestia then conjures a shielding bubble around the five foreign leaders present as they devolved into a shouting fest, but still not coming to blow. She turned to Twilight, “I can keep them in there only for so long, find the students quickly, Twilight, or I fear our world will be at war!”


About half an hour later, back in Magiville, in Sugar Cube Corner, Twilight and her friends were at a table and talking, “Okay. Let's review what we know.” Twilight said.

Spike unrolled a piece of paper with the picture of Smolder, Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona and Gallus, “Smolder, Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona and Gallus disappeared together.” he stated and there was nothing else as everyone waited for him, to continue. “What? Seriously, that's all we know.” Spike pointed out.

Applejack took her chin with her left hand, “Ah doubt any of them know a disappearing spell, there’s no way they could go undercover, Yona’s too big, Ocellus’ too timid, Silverstream has wings from her back, Gallus’ talons wouldn’t fit a normal shoe and custom shoes that would hide his talons would stick out just as much and Smolder’s… well, she’s a dragon. So they're most likely off hidin' somewhere.” Applejack deducted.

“But where and who’s helping them?” Rainbow asked as they all were in thought.

Just then the bell for the shop rang as Sandbar entered. He froze when saw the pictures of his friends and was about to set out. That didn’t happen because Pinkie skipped over to him, “Sorry girls, but I have to get back to work.” she said as she got up. “You’re order’s ready, Sandbar!” Pinkie declared as she skipped over to the display case and pulled out a large box, like those used for carrying about two bakers dozens of cupcakes. “So having a party?” Pinkie asked as Sandbar accepted the box.

“Um.. yes and no… it’s just a get-together…” Sandar seemed to stutter nervously. He then looked at the clock on the wall and then dropped a bag of bits and took the box, “Look at the time. Gotta go Professor Pie.” He said as he bolted out the door.

“Wait! You forgot your change!” Pinkie shouted as she was about to follow after. But she stopped, as a light bulb appeared over her head and gasped before she bolted to the table. “Rarity, Applejack has Sandbar come over to your places of business over the last three days?” she asked. The two nodded… and then “Hey look you each got a lightbulb too.” Pinkie cheered.

“Pinkie, tell us what you are think…” Rainbow trailed off as she looked back at what happened when Sandbar arrived, how he left and then the question Pinkie asked. “HE KNOWS WHERE THEY ARE! WE GOT TO FOLLOW HIM!” Rainbow shouted and bolted out the open window, the rest then ran out the front door. “Where’d he go?” Rainbow asked as she looked around.


Around an hour later as Sandbar pushed a cart along a path in the Everfree forest that led to the remains of The Castle of Two Sisters. It wasn’t much, just the remains of the castle’s library. Inside his cart were pillows, blankets, freshly harvested vegetables, and fruit, and two dozen cupcake. As he pushed his cart an apple fell off and landed on the ground. As Sandbar walked by not noticing the apple’s fall, a hand reached out from a bush and took the apple

Inside Gallus was flying in what was the rafters and open sky around the castle. Gallus landed next to Ocellus, who was reading books, Smolder was munching on some rocks, Yona and Silverstream seemed to be exploring the remains of the ruins. Gallus took a breath, “Huh, this place is way cooler than I thought it'd be.” he said with a laugh.

Smolder stopped chewing the rock, “Even I'm impressed!” She chops on the stone she had in her talon, “Mum,” she hummed, “Everfree Marble.” She then turned to Ocellus, “So what's it called again, Ocellus?” she asked as she finished the marble she was eating.

Ocellus showed the cover of the book she was reading, ‘The Journal of the Two Sisters’ “This was The Castle of the Two Sisters.” the elf answered. “I remembered it from class. Princess Twilight's history of pre-Nightmare Moon friendships!” she said proudly of herself as Yona and Silverstream joined them.

Gallus shrugged his shoulder, “Huh, who knew?” he asked. “School was actually good for something,” he commented.

Yona sat down, “Yona not really like school.” she commented. She then pulled everyone into a group hug that rivaled Pinkie Pie’s “But, Yona like new friends!” she shouted in great cheer.

Smolder grunted and strained as she tried to get out of the ork’s near deathlike embrace, “Smolder... like breathing!” the dragon then managed to break Yona’s hug setting her free and the others.

Silverstream turned and saw Sandbar approach, “Hey you guys! Sandbar's back!” she shouted as she pointed out Sandbar and the group started to run to meet up with him.

“Cupcakes are best cakes!” Yona shouted as she ran past the others and was about to crash into the cart, but was diverted by Gallus before impact.

“Thanks, Gallus.” Sandbar said as he opened the box of cupcakes for everyone to have.

Gallus took the first cupcake and with a somewhat dismissive shrug, “I was saving the cupcakes.” he said as he began to eat the cupcake.

“Pillows!” Ocellus shouted as she jumped into the cart, namely the pillows. “How nice! The castle is gonna be so much more comfy,” she said as she changed to look like a cat and snuggled into the pillows.

Smolder grabbed one of the pillows, “And fun!” she cheered “Pillow fight!” she shouted and threw a pillow at Yona and flew to be behind Sandbar before anyone could respond. Everyone then grabbed a pillow and started to either throw or bash each other with the pillows all the while laughing and grunting in joy.

“Wait a minute!” Silverstream screamed as she led from the group to a set of stairs. “You guys!” she shouted, “Stairs!” she the squealed in joy. There was a second as everyone just stared at her in confusion. Before anyone could ask, “They’re are awesome! We don't have anything like 'em underwater 'cause you know,” She then touched a small gem on the necklace and she changed from her aasimar state to being a mermaid. “no way to climb 'em!” she explained. Everyone then gave a slightly silent ‘Ohhhh.’ of understanding. Silverstream then touched the gem again and was once again an aasimar. “This place has everything! If only my family back home could see it…” Silverstream went silent as an apple landed on her head. She shrugged her shoulders and bit into the apple.

Everyone had a laugh as Silverstream rejoined the group. “I wish the other elves could meet you all.” Ocellus commented. “You're not nearly as strange as the stories say.” She added.

Smolder rolled her eyes, “Gee, thanks.” she mocked. “But yeah, hanging out with non-dragons is actually... not bad!” she said as brushed Ocellus’ leg.

There was then a rustling from the bushes not far from them and a small bipedal hedgehog-like creature about a foot tall walked into view. “Maybe most other creatures…” Sandbar replied as he pointed to the creature, “But what is that thing?” he asked.

Ocellus sighed, “Am I the only one who didn't sleep through Professor Fluttershy's critters of comfort and conflict class?” she asked. There were five sets of nervous laughs that responded to her question. Ocellus then groaned as she facepalmed herself. “It's a puckwudgie.” The elf informed as she turned from her classmates, “Maybe I can make friends with it!” she surmised as she transformed into puckwudgie and walked up to the one that arrived. She then began to speak to it in a series of grunts and such. The puckwudgie then growled angrily and was joined by almost three dozen other puckwudgies, all of them growling too. Ocellus transformed back into her true form. “Oops,” she said as she stepped back into the group.

Yona snorted, “Ork plan better.” she said before she screamed a battle cry charged the puckwudgies. However before Yona could get close enough to attack them, the puckwudgies turned their back to her and started to send needles from their backs. Before the needles made contact with the ork, Smolder and managed to fly fast enough to drop one of the carts that Sandbar has brought. The two were joined by the others as they managed to make a triangular fort using two more carts that were brought there by Sandbar. The puckwudgies continued to send needles at the six, more or less trapping the six.

Smolder took a glance only to duck under cover, “Think, Ocellus!” the dragon ordered the elf. “Did Professor Fluttershy say anything on how to beat puckwudgies in her lecture?!” she asked in a shout of fear. Ocellus shook her head in freight and guilt as she hid behind Sandbar.

“Well, I’m gonna go ahead and guess it's not pillows, apples—” Gallus said as he looked at what they had and took a cupcake before he tossed it up. Needles were heard flying before the cupcake came back down riddled with needles “or cupcakes.”

“Um, I am not sure, but wouldn't that class have been about how to make friends with them?” Silverstream asked as she noted what Gallus and Smolder intended and the kind of classes Fluttershy tried to teach.

“What do we do then? They’re getting really close…” Sandbar pointed out.

Yona took a breath as she held out her right hand, “Yona not scared! Yona have friends!” Everyone then placed their right hand on Yona’s were about to leap out to confront the puckwudgies when a rainbow came down right in front of them. The rainbow landed as a comet and sent the puckwudgies flying away from the group.

Gallus was the first to recover from the impact as he looked and saw Rainbow with her right hand in a fist with her right knee down and bent as her left foot was on the ground, her head looking down, “Is that Professor Egghead?!” asked in utter awe.

“Get a mop, Gallus.” Rainbow said as she raised her head with a smirk on her face, “Because I just awesomed all over the place.” Before the puckwudgies could return, Applejack swag in using her rope and drew her sword, Twilight, Starlight and Rarity teleported in, with Twilight and Starlight prepared a shield spell as Rarity levitated a handful of gems, ready to send them flying at the puckwudgies, as Pinkie Pie popped from Yona’s hair with a party cannon ready. From behind Spike blew fire covering the rear.

As everyone prepared to fight, “Don't hurt them!” Fluttershy said as she arrived on the scene last of the group to arrived. “Just ask them to leave nicely.” She said and began to whistle and seemed to calm the creatures and after she finished the creatures left calmly and peacefully.

“Not bad!” Yona cheered but hastily added, “For humans.” before she got out from their shielding.

“Wow, you're amazing!” Ocellus cheered as she lept out and embraced Fluttershy.

“I had no idea you were actually cool,” Gallus admit, reluctantly as he and the rest emerged from the carts as he looked at Rainbow’s feet. Sandbar patted him on the shoulder reassuringly with a grin of ‘I told yah!’ plastered on his face.

“Did you see that?!” Silverstream asked with a degree of excitement that would give Pinkie a run for her money. “Rainbow Dash was like—” Silverstream started before Smolder covered the aasimar’s mouth with her talon.

“Yeah, we all just lived it.” Smolder pointed out. She then removed her talon and continued to speak, “But you're right, that was pretty amazing.” She said with a slight glance to Spike and saw the younger dragon gave a small breath of flame with his own smirk. “Even by dragon standards,” Smolder added.

Twilight then cleared her throat and everyone turned to face her. “Is everyone alright?” she asked. The six students all gave various agreements.

“You're lucky we got here in time!” Spike commented as he took another look around.

“You know, this probably isn't the safest place for a camp-out.” Starlight pointed out as everyone looked around.

“Does that mean you're going to send us back to our homes?” Ocellus asked as stepped to hide behind Sandbar.

Twilight shook her head, “We have another option in mind.” she informed them.

Gallus raised an eyebrow inquisitively, “We're listening.” he stated.

Twilight took a breath and looked down in guilt before she raised her head and looked squarely at “It's pretty clear you've already started learning friendship without your teachers and I know that it might look like you don’t have much of choice, but we'd like to show you even more... if you'd come back to school?” Twilight asked the six students humbly, even going so far to genuflect with her head down.

The students looked at each other unsure, but before they could question any farther, “To be honest, we felt exactly the same way when Twilight told us she was re-opening the school.” Applejack said as she sheathed her sword and stepped to be right beside Twilight tapped the princess on her shoulder and got her to stand back up.

Rarity then joined Twilight on her other side, “But this time, we guarantee it shall be different.” the enchantress added.

“Oh, yeah!” Rainbow cheered as she landed in front Twilight, “When class runs my way, it'll be two hundred and twenty per cent cooler.” she declared as she clutched her left fist as she tried to psych everyone into going back to the school.

Fluttershy then hovered to join the others, “And without the MEA—” she started as she showed a copy of the MEA guidebook and then tossed it aside. “—it'll be much friendlier.” she completed as she pointed towards the calm puckwudgies.

“Plus all your nations won't go to war because you'll come back with us!" Pinkie shouted as she manifested herself among the students and hugged them all. “Bonus!”

There was a pause of utter silence as what Pinkie just said registered in the minds of everyone else there, student and teacher. “Wait. What?” Sandbar asked the question on his and the other students’ minds.