• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 1,205 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Mages: Academia Amina - Foxhelm



Following the defeat of the Storm King, what's next for Twilight? Well open a school of course, what could go wrong.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,205

Second Attempt

Two days later in Twilight's room of her castle, the curtains were shut and the lights were out as Twilight’s muffled sobs could be heard. The door slowly creaked open. “Hey, Twilight, can I came in?” asked a voice of young man around Twilight’s age. Twilight only groaned, but it seemed to be a ‘yes’. The young man entered, it was Flash Sentry in his civilian attire, with his sword, a buckler and a hand crossbow on his waist. In his hands was a gallon tub of ice cream and a golden spoon. He walked up to the head of the bed, “I come bearing gifts,” Flash said as he showed her the ice cream and spoon. Twilight reluctantly removed her cover and sheet showing she was dressed in a purple bathrobe. Her eyes were red, with noticeable black circles under them. She sat up and accept the ice cream, opened the tub and started to eat it. Flash smiled and then began to open the shades slowly, letting in some light. “Well, that’s a step in the right direction,” he said softly before he sat on the bed next to Twilight.

Twilight stopped and then looked at Flash in confusion, “I do feel sorrow about your school, but this is pathetic.” Flash said not looking Twilight in the face. Twilight put down the ice cream and was about to speak when she saw tears starting to form in the corner of his eyes as if it pained him to speak. “You got licked worse several times and came back each time stronger than before in less than three hours.” he stopped and got up and began to leave the room. “When you’re ready to fight for your school…” Flash trailed off as he got to the door, he turned to face Twilight, his face was worn, but he began to smile, “you’ll find easily.” Flash then left.

Twilight was confused at what just happened, but it wasn’t the confusion that left her in a state of perplexed but the confusion that sparked the flame of curiosity Twilight then rushed to get dress and followed after Flash. She found him at the lake at the base of the waterfall, “What we're talking about with fighting for my school?” she asked as she looked at Flash.

“I cashed in a favor,” Starlight said as she walked up. “Also you hired me as the school’s counselor, that means tough love. Although I must admit, it took him a lot faster than I expected for him to get you out of the pillow-fort pouting.” Starlight commented. Twilight was about to ask, “Part of officer training is knowing how to set up and run a school.” Starlight informed.

“You probably should have told me before you went to Celestia.” Flash commented, “Because there are a few options open to you. First, you can file for an appeal, your school would be back on probationary accreditation and you address the things Neighsay cited and may cite that since Neighsay is not normally the member who that does assessments, he’s a little out of touch with the practical implementation of the guidelines.”

“Guidelines?” Twilight asked, “I thought that…” she started as she had brought with her a copy of the MEA guidebook.

“It’s a guidebook,” Flash continued, “the content therein are more like guidelines than actual rules.” Twilight took a second to think about what Flash just said. “There is a second option, withdraw your application for accreditation.” Twilight was shocked at the notion.

“But the MEA..” Twilight started as she brought her copy of the guidebook to read it only for Starlight to swat it and sent the book into the waters.

“Hang the guidebook. You’re the princess of friendship, this is not a normal subject for a normal school. You’re also a princess, it’s time to think like one. Write your own rules, this is something new, something important.” Starlight countered as Twilight started to recover from seeing a book just sent into the waters.

Flash gave a sigh, “I’ll go fish it out.” Flash said as he took off his belt and shirt and dove in after the book.

“Kind of undermines your point,” Twilight commented as the two watched Flash swim to collect the book. Twilight turned to face Starlight, “But you're right!” Twilight declared as Flash emerged with the book. “Why we're doing this is way more important than how we're doing this!” Twilight continued as she and Starlight helped Flash out of the water. Twilight then turned to look at the school and a confident grin formed on her face. “And we are doing this!”

Starlight patted Twilight on her shoulder, “Now that's the Twilight I know. How can I help?” she asked.

Twilight turned and smiled at Starlight and hugged her, “You already have.”

“So are we appealing the assessment or withdrawing the application for accreditation?” Flash asked as he tried to dry off.


A couple hours later Twilight and Starlight had gathered the rest of her friends, “Guess what? The School of Friendship is back in business!” Twilight declared with a confident smile on her face and in her voice. Everyone gave a huph in confusion over what Twilight just said. Before anyone could question, “I owe you all an apology. I was so focused on doing things the MEA way I didn't listen to any of you!” she acknowledged the fault in the execution, “I'm sorry.” she apologized. “I promise this time, we'll run the school the way friends should: together,” she said as she held out her hands. Everyone was a little hesitant about accepting Twilight’s apology. “That means that you will teach however you want, meaning you don’t have to have pop quizzes, you can use party cannons for everyone, anything and everything you need to teach the Elements of Harmony.” Twilight furthered her offered.

“Yahooo!” Pinkie cheered as she jumped and hugged Twilight accepting the apology.

Applejack walked to Twilight and placed her hand on Twilight’s shoulder, “If that is the case,” Applejack then looked at the others and they all nodded, “we're behind you one hundred percent, Twilight.”

Spike then cleared his throat and everyone turned to face him, “Two small problems, the school is still unaccredited, and we don't have any students.” he pointed out surprisingly calm.

Twilight smiled, “I will have the first part taken care of.” Twilight said as she levitated a piece of paper to Spike.

Spike read it, “You’re withdrawing the application for the school.”

“Only the accreditation, Flash helped me find the way to take care of the accreditation matter,” Twilight answered the dragon. She then turned to her five other friends, “If you five can get our five foreign exchange students, Starlight will help me get the Mystican students.” Twilight then pulled out of her pocket five plan silver band, “Personal teleportation rings, Princess Celestia gave them to me to help us travel in the future.”

“I don’t know the leaders from the other kingdoms seemed pretty upset with us.” Fluttershy pointed out as they each accepted the rings.

Rarity waved her hand, “Nonsense! I'm certain we can win them over with our charm and style!” the enchantress said with a whip of her hair.


About two hours later, just before noon, there was a knock at the gates to the main city of Yakyakistan. The gates were opened by of all orks Prince Rutherford. There he saw Pinkie with a telegram and a cupcake, “Cupcake-gram for Prince Rutherford!” Pinkie declared as she handed them to the prince.

Prince Rutherford huffed, “Why pink human here?” he asked with a degree of annoyance, “Orks mad at humans!” he shouted at Pinkie.

Pinkie smiled “Because... you don't have to be mad anymore! We're reopening Twilight Sparkle's School of Friendship!” Pinkie shouted in cheer as she seemed to teleport behind him, “And it's gonna be super-oopa-duper better than before!” she continued to cheer, which prompted him to take the cupcake and telegram, “We're—” Pinkie then trailed off

At the same time Rarity was in the dragon lands and was in front of Dragon Lord Ember, “—ever so sorry about the misunderstanding, all creatures are of course welcome.” she spoke as if she was continuing the sentence that Pinkie started.

As Rarity finished her statement, Fluttershy was at the top of Caer Sith at the throne of King Thorax, “We would be really happy if you sent Ocellus back to class.”

As Fluttershy requested that Ocellus is allowed to return to the school, Applejack was standing at the base of Mt. Aris and was speaking to Seaspray, “It won't be the same without Silverstream! We're open and ready to start teachin'—” she pitched to the general, who was the spokesman for Queen Novo on the matter.

As Applejack had finished saying ‘teachin’’ Rainbow was in Gryphonstone outside as Grampa Gruff’s hut, “Right now!” Rainbow said as if she was completing the same pitch. “So? What are you waiting for?” she asked the old harpy. “Get Gallus and let's go!” she ordered as she was preparing to fly back, or rather use her teleportation ring to go back to the castle of friendship.

Grampa Gruff walked out of his hut and shook his head, “Sorry missy, but that’s not gonna happen because Gallus—”

As Gruff said ‘Gallus’, back in the Dragon lands Ember said “Smolder” to Rarity.

At the same time In Yakyakistan, Rutherford said “Yona” to Pinkie.

At the same time at the base of Mt. Aris, Seaspray said, “Silverstream” to Applejack.

At the same time in Caer Sith, Thorax said, “Ocellus,” to Fluttershy.

And all of them said simultaneously “is gone!”

The five Mysticans that went to get the foreign exchange students shouted “What?!” at the exact same second.