• Published 29th Oct 2018
  • 8,518 Views, 627 Comments

Mission to the Pony Planet - ersmiller



When Equestrian help is required in the world of Canterlot High, but Princess Twilight isn't responding to the journal, five girls cross over to find her. (All epilogues now complete!)

  • ...
26
 627
 8,518

PreviousChapters Next
Masterpiece Theatre from a fly on a wall

Author's Note:

This is just a silly little thing to act as a preview/trailer for the act 2 chapters due to how long it's been since the release of chapter 5. It's completely skippable if you're not interested.

Please note that for all the act 2 chapters and scenes, the time stamps will be important as not everything past this chapter will be presented in chronological order.
That being said, don't stress too much over the exact minutes. It's not like I've timed myself acting out the chapters after all.


06:28 AM

High up on a crystal wall, sat a bored, depressed, and very unimportant, horsefly who didn’t feel like doing anything at all. Aside from a blue winghorse crashing into walls earlier, it just seemed like a really slow day.

“… Flrbbbbb! Ker-Plop! Klonk! Plop! Splatt! Sploosh! Thunk! Touché! Whack! Whamm! Whap! Zlonk! Zlopp! Zlott! Zowie!”

The fly looked down and saw The Pink One appear after tumbling down the main staircase. Horseflies stayed away from The Pink One.

Nevertheless, the horsefly took notice. It was a slow day after all. “Oh wow! That didn’t hurt at all. I love my tail!” she exclaimed.

The Pink One pulled her tail into a tight hug. “I wonder if Sunset ever misses hers.” After a moment she sniffed it and seemed delighted, but then took a bite and seemed disappointed and stood up.

“Ohh! Those doors were important! And I bet those are too!” The Pink One trotted over to the palace’s front doors but seemed to be having difficulty walking straight.

“What’s that? Outside? Sure, why not?!” The horsefly didn’t know what The Pink One was talking to. The horsefly didn't really care.

Humming to herself, The Pink One stepped up, pushed a door open, and bounded out of the palace, leaving the horsefly alone again.


06:48 AM

Later, the horsefly saw an orange horse and a white hornhorse also come down the stairs. These two were walking strangely too.

"I do believe this means she's gone on without us," said the white hornhorse.

"Right, so, same plan, just without checking in with Pinkie?" said the orange horse.

"Yes, seems like the best plan for now. Every half hour, on the half hour; and remain here for about five minutes should some of us not quite make it on time."

"An' all we're doin' is lookin' for Twi, someone that might know where Twi is, or one of us; well, our pony us'es anyway."

"Exactly, darling. And we should refrain from telling anyone we are from another world. Even in a world of magic I suspect that may be odd enough to attract the wrong kind of attention."

“Right. We ain’t lookin’ to get holed up in an equine nut house.”

The two horses made their way across the foyer toward the doors, pausing just before them. "Do you think this is gold?" asked the white hornhorse pawing at the closed door.

"Well it is a royal palace," answered the orange horse pushing the other door the rest of the way open.

"Alright, so we meet back here first at seven thirty and then every thirty minutes after that," said the white hornhorse, closing the large royal doors before following the orange horse down the steps.


06:51 AM

Barely any time passed before the white hornhorse came back in while wearing the yellow dress that was over the orange horse on top of her own dress. The white hornhorse, did a strange kind of drunken shimmy and got the yellow dress to slide off her and onto a bench inside the palace’s foyer. She then left and closed the door behind her.


07:15 AM

“Alright, but the front door should be open,” the horsefly heard before the front door opened, letting in teacher horse and a yellow winghorse. “I’m going to the library to check out a few books since I’ll be having a few extra vacation days.”

“Oh, you are?” asked the yellow winghorse while following teacher horse across the Foyer and through a side door which began closing behind them.

“Yes, since Twilight started Spring break a few days early for her Friendship School….” The horsefly couldn’t hear the rest through the closed door.

However, it wasn’t long before the door opened again and the yellow winghorse returned but called back, “Um, Miss Cheerilee. Strange question—if you don’t mind. Um …, where do I live?”

Teacher horse then joined her, and they walked outside. A few minutes later teacher horse went back into the side door, but left it open.


09:03 AM

The horsefly was woken up by the front door being opened again and an orange horse came in. “Hey!” she called, trotting inside, “Anybody here?”

There was no reply.

“Ah, sorry ah’m late. Some things, uh, well, some things happened. But ah know where to find Twi now. Hello?”

Still no reply.

“Dagnabbit!”

The orange horse sighed and looked around noticing the open door. She stepped through and tried again. “Hello?”

“Hello? Is that Applejack?” a voice came from further within and orange horse continued after.

Shortly later, the orange horse and teacher horse came back to the foyer and left the palace.


09:10 AM

The housefly didn’t have a chance to fall back to sleep due to a white hornhorse bursting into through the front door wearing saddlebags, a clean set of stockings and shoes, and a colorful dress with a matching headdress. Floating behind her in a blue glow matching her horn’s was a sketchbook and pencil.

“Girls?!” she called. “Girls! I’m so sorry I missed our earlier meetup times, but I know where Twi is!”

With no reply she quickly proceeded up the stairs.

Over the next half hour, the horsefly was kept awake by the white hornhorse walking up and down the stairs, checking the doors over and over.


09:45 AM

The horsefly was disturbed yet again by an orange horse. “Hello?” she called. “Anybody here? Anybody know what a changeling is? Some frightened ponies seem to think there are some in town or something. I’m guessing it weren’t a good thing.”

“Darling!” a voice answered from the stairwell. “I’m here! I’m here!”

“Rarity?!” The orange horse rushed forward to toward her.


10:05 AM

Just as it was drifting to sleep, the palace walls themselves woke the horsefly by vibrating slightly when an explosion of sound and rainbow light spread out over the whole town like a thick ring. The colors of the ring filtered in through the Palace’s windows, lighting up the crystal walls and dazing the horsefly.


10:11 AM

A white hornhorse and an orange horse rushed into the foyer from the stairwell and were halfway across the room when the front doors slammed open and a yellow winghorse stumbled in. Leaves, berries, mushrooms, dirt, and other small forest-based paraphernalia clung to her coat while twigs, tree bark, and other larger forest-based paraphernalia seemed trapped in her mane and tail.

“”Fluttershy?!”” The orange horse and the white hornhorse yelled.

The yellow winghorse looked at the pair, took a deep breath, and yelled back.

“WE ARE SO BUCKING SCREWED!”


~~ Fin ~~

PreviousChapters Next