• Published 29th Oct 2018
  • 8,523 Views, 627 Comments

Mission to the Pony Planet - ersmiller



When Equestrian help is required in the world of Canterlot High, but Princess Twilight isn't responding to the journal, five girls cross over to find her. (All epilogues now complete!)

  • ...
26
 627
 8,523

PreviousChapters Next
17 Meanwhile: "The Horror"

Author's Note:

Surprise! An extra chapter today since it's so short.

07:10 AM

“We have potentially hostile changelings all over town.”

Lily Valley didn’t hear the rest, and most of what came before fell by the wayside with that last statement by the pony in the clown wig. Who even was that pony?

From within her hiding place under her flower cart, Lily just shivered and muttered to herself, “The horror. The Horror!”

Another changeling attack by that evil queen who attacked Canterlot during the royal wedding. Lily hadn’t been this scared since the last time she discovered two caterpillars on a single flower stem. One caterpillar she could deal with, but two at once? What was she supposed to do with that?

And to think, if she hadn’t dropped that seed packet under her booth she never would have gotten close enough to hear that strange clown pony’s conversation. Just five minutes ago she was such a young and carefree pony. Oh, what an innocent time that was.

She had to tell Roseluck and Daisy. It was time to make for the bunker!

*** *** ***

07:12 AM

“This is awful!” cried Daisy. “Changelings?! In Ponyville?”

"But they're friends now," explained Roseluck.

"Do we know for sure all of them are friendly?" Lily Valley asked.

"How would we know that?!"

"We don't!"

“We need to tell the princess!”

“We can’t! She left town yesterday and the changelings are impersonating all the Harmony Council members!”

“They’re impersonating ponies that are out of town? That’s great! It’ll be easy to tell who they are!”

“But they could just change to a different pony at anytime! Nopony is safe!”

“I’ll get the hazmat suits from the closet!”

“What’s that going to do? This isn’t a cutiepox outbreak!”

“That’s right, they’re shapeshifters. They copy ponies, and imprison the originals, but they don’t infect them with anything … I think.”

“It will stop them from touching us or drinking our blood. That’s how they copy, right?”

“They’re not vampires.”

“Could they be vampire changelings?”

“I, I don’t think so?”

“There are vampire bats in Applejack’s orchard, so why not vampire changelings?”

“The changelings are coming from Sweet Apple Acres?!”

“Those bats turned Fluttershy into one of them!”

“Was that what happened? I thought it was a spell.”

“I think changelings just need to look at us to copy us.”

“That’s all? This is a disaster! The horror!”

“I was in Canterlot during the invasion and I’ve also seen Ocellus do it.”

“Who’s Ocellus?”

“She’s the changeling student in Twilight’s school.”

“Oh, is that her name?”

“She seemed like such a nice pony … bug … thing.”

“You ran away from her screaming when you saw her.”

“I came back! Eventually. I apologized too! Poor girl looked so sad.”

“It was Zecora all over again.”

“I know! I said I was sorry.”

“Could these changelings be the same? Are they just trying to make friends?”

“Why would they do that here? Wouldn’t they go to the new King?”

“And why would they be disguised as the Harmony Council?”

“And that clown pony said they were hostile!”

“There are clowns now?! The horror!”

“The horror!”

“Changeling clown invasion?”

“And they’re vampires!”

“It was only the one clown and they aren’t vampires!”

“That you know of!”

“There could be hundreds more disguised as … what’s the opposite of a clown?”

“Politicians? Mimes?”

“Those are worse than clowns!”

"A mime killed my mother!"

"Wait, what?!"

"It turned out it was all part of the show, but I was still traumatized!"

"Uh."

“I still have nightmares!”

“I don’t see how clowns and politicians opposites.”

"Clowns are supposed to be colorful, funny entertainers but they're scary, and politicians are boring and drab, but keep us safe."

"My dad told me they're the same, but one group pretends to be fools, the other pretends not to be."

"Hay! I like Mayor Mare!"

“Didn’t Mayor Mare dress as a clown for Nightmare Night once?”

“Don’t destroy my world view!”

“Could the Mayor be a changeling?”

Anypony could be a changeling!”

“This is awful!”

“This is a disaster!”

“We need to warn the town!”

“The whole town!”

“We’d have to go outside for that!”

“I’ll get the hazmat suits!”

“The horror!”

PreviousChapters Next