• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 417 Views, 0 Comments

The Apocalypse [Pony Edition] - Pinkamena666



The fate of the world rests in the hooves of one colt...

  • ...
5
 0
 417

On The Ship

Dune and the purple mare stood outside. The mare looked up at the starry night sky.

"What are you looking at?" asked Dune, confused.

The mare smiled. "Our ride."

"What are you--" Dune started.

He was cut off when a small circle of light appeared in the sky and a metal plate shhot out from it, hitting the ground in front of the mare. Dune jumped back in shock. The metal plate had a chain attached to it, leading up to the circle of light in the sky. The mare stepped onto the circular plate and faced Dune.

"You coming?" she asked. Dune gulped and slowly stepped onto the plate. "Might wanna hold on."

Dune looked at the mare, who had her left foreleg around the chain. Dune did the same with his right and suddenly the plate was yanked into the sky. Dune let out a yell as the circle of light kept getting bigger and bigger. He closed his eyes and he hunkered down, still gripping the chain. He could feel the wind rush passed as he went further and further into the sky.

Then, all of a sudden, the plate slowed to a stop and a metal clanking could be heard.

"We're here, Dune," said the mare. "You can open your eyes now."

Dune slowly opened his eyes and looked around. They were in a semi-small room with only one hallway leading out. Beneath the plate was a closed, circular, metallic door. The colt watched as the mare stepped off the plate and headed down the hall.

"Come on," said the purple mare. "Move it."

Dune quickly scrambled off the plate and caught up with the mare.

"So, you know my name..." Dune began. "What's yours?"

The mare eyed him before looking straight again. "Wave Rider."

Dune nodded as he eyed a couple hallways that branched off of their current path. "Cool name."

Wave eyed him again. "Are you looking at the hallways?"

"Um... Yeah... Why?"

Wave looked forward again and smiled. "No particular reason."

The mare suddenly turned down a hall on the left. Dune followed, making sure he didn't lose her. They continued moving through corridor after corridor.

"So, where are we?" asked Dune, looking around.

"A large aircraft. Powered by ancient Babylonian technology. A constant source of energy."

Dune nodded. "Right. And why couldn't we see it from the ground?"

"The entire bottom of the ship is cloaked to match whatever the sky looks like."

They continued moving down hallways until they arrived in a large room with double doors at the far wall. Wave approached it and the doors slid open, revealing a command room with a large cockpit window. A green colt stood at the window.

"That you, Wave?" he asked.

"Yeah, Jet. We got him."

The green colt turned around as Dune entered the room. "Dune. How are you?"

"I'm, uh... confused... and slightly nervous."

"Well, that's to be expected," said Jet, trotting over to him.

"Right, so... she's Wave Rider... and you are?"

"Jet Stream. Founder of the Rogues."

"Rogues, huh?" asked Dune. "So, you act outside the law like... bandits?"

Jet eyed Wave before looking back at Dune. "That is our normal activities. We specialize in tracking down ancient treasures. But, given the current situation, we've put all our focus on stopping Metallix."

"Right, so..." said Dune, tapping a hoof on the floor. "Am I gonna learn how to, uh... do... stuff?"

Jet turned and walked towards his desk. "We'll teach you what we can tomorrow. Right now, we need to rest. Wave will show you to your room." The purple mare eyed Dune before leaving the room. Jet looked over his shoulder. "Better follow her, Dune. It's a big ship."

"Oh! Right..." said Dune, running after Wave.

Jet looked out the window and sighed. "I sure hope this works."


Wave stopped in front of a door and pressed a button on the wall. The door slid open.

"Here's your room, Dune. Now, get some sleep."

"Thanks..." Dune stood in the doorway and turned around. "So, what's your story, Wave?"

"My story?"

"Yeah. Your past. I'd like to know who I'm gonna be working with."

Wave's eyes narrowed. "Listen here, Dune. If you can't deliver on your end, then we won't be working together, do you understand me?"

"Well, I just--"

"Because we'll all be dead," Wave interrupted. "So, stop worrying about who we are and start worrying about how you're gonna fight."

With that she turned and left. Dune watched her leave before slowly turning around.

"Dayum..." he said, closing his door.

Dune looked around his room. A bed was set up in the far right corner and a dresser on the left. Very basic necessities but it works. Dune yawned and headed to bed.


Wave trotted down the halls and stopped at her room, opening the door. Jet trotted up to her.

"You okay, Wave?" he asked. "You seem on edge."

"Nothing, Jet," said Wave, thinking about her past. "Nothing at all."

"Is it about your past?" he asked. Wave eyed him and looked away. "It wasn't your fault, Wave. There was nothing you could've done."

"Yes, there was! I-If I wasn't too scared, I-I could've..."

Jet put a hoof on her shoulder. "Wave. It wasn't your fault."

Wave hesitated before quickly went inside and closed the door. Jet let out a sigh and headed to his own room for the night.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment