• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 1,319 Views, 38 Comments

Glimmer & Glow - Yosh-E-O



There are more ways to bottle up your emotions than you may think. Starlight learns this the hard way through Cozy Glow.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,319

Chapter 8 - Meeting Of The Minds

Cozy continued to cry into Starlight’s fur for quite awhile. All the while the periwinkle-colored Unicorn just kept softly stroking her back.

“Psst,” whispered Trixie. “What do we do now?”

Starlight turned to look at Trixie.
“We wait,” she replied softly. “We let her get it out.”

***

Starlight was never one to let any useful spell not become a part of her magical ‘quick cast’ set. In Our Town she would, at times, use a memory spell to not only understand what others may have on their mind but also plant her own thoughts into theirs. She eventually figured how to do this through the enchanted speakers she had installed in the ‘Reformation House’.

SHOO

“Okay, Cozy,” Starlight said softly. “Time for some one-on-one time.”

***

Starlight’s spell gave her a quick series of flashes of all the memories in which Cozy Glow had from the moment she had become sentient all the way until they were where they were now.
“Oh, my,” thought Starlight as she did her best to not be consumed by Cozy Glow’s emotions. “I don’t know whether I should be impressed that I created this or fearful.”

There was a short pause as Starlight used her relaxation techniques to keep the torrent of negative emotions from overwhelming her.
“Okay…,” she said as she managed to clear a mental path into Cozy’s mind. “You can do this, Starlight.”

WHUM

Starlight became a sort of ‘transmitter’ as her body radiated a blue color. It was during this time she worked to feed her memories of what had happened in the past along with those of the present that Cozy was never aware of.

SHINK!

The guidance counselor felt the environment around her become lighter. The uncontrollable anger and desire for revenge becoming a murmur over the ferocious scream it was upon entering into Cozy Glow’s mind.
“Okay, Starlight,” she congratulated herself. “Time to break the connection and see where we are.”