• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 1,324 Views, 38 Comments

Glimmer & Glow - Yosh-E-O



There are more ways to bottle up your emotions than you may think. Starlight learns this the hard way through Cozy Glow.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,324

Chapter 5 - Our Town

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading this concept on the origins of Cozy Glow and her connection with Starlight. It's been a fun write and it has helped me feel a bit better about Cozy Glow's character.

As a side note, I apologize for not being able to respond to any comments. I'm 100% blind and use special tools to write stories here.

each web site reacts differently to blind software. This one will allow me to post stories and read stories along with leave comments. However I cannot reply to comments. I can also read and respond to messages but not create messages from scratch.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Starlight was so happy. She had not only managed to discover a way to remove Cutie Marks but also a way to ensure no pony would ever be able to stand against her.

KNOCK-KNOCK

"Come in!" she chimed.

Double Diamond entered into Starlight's house.
"Good news, Starlight!" he announced. "Night Glider and Sugar Belle have decided to be our friends and are ready to take part in the Cutie Unmarking Ceremony!"

"Wonderful!" the periwinkle Unicorn cheered. "Go let everyone in the village know we'll be heading up to The Cutie Vault to properly welcome our new friends to Our Town."

"You got it, Starlight!" gleed Double Diamond as he exited the door.

Starlight got up and smiled. Everything had gone according to plan. It had taken years-and-years of research on how to create Null Cutie Marks while also being able to successfully remove and store them away. She'd have preferred to make them disappear altogether but no magic was strong enough to do that. So she settled for the next best thing by locking the Cutie Marks away as a sort of 'Trophy Room' to honor her efforts at creating that perfect world she had dreamed of since Sunburst abandoned her, her parents separated, and she was left to truly fend for herself.

"Except for Cozy Glow," sighed Starlight. She never left me and she has long been the perfect vessel to store my outrage that prevented me from acquiring the magical power I have now."

So why did you leave her in the caves if she's that special to you?

The voice in Starlight's head caused her to feel truly awful. Cozy was more than a 'doll'. Cozy was her friend when no pony else would give her the time of day. However she had to leave her behind. The amount of magic stored within her could possibly give away that she still had her Cutie Mark. This was a risk she couldn't take.

"At least she's safe back in the moutains," she sighed. "I'll get her once I know no pony can overpower my ability to make all ponies equal and never have reason to abandon each other."

***

"GRAH!" growled Starlight as she returned to the caves she once wandered prior to starting Our Town. Princess twilight sparkle had not only blown her cover but also destroyed all she had worked hard to build for years.

PSHEW

The furious Unicorn lit her horn in a chamber that featured a few pillows, blankets, and...
"cozy Glow," she sighed as she levitated the plush close to her side.

"Golly!" it said. "It sure is peachy having a pal like you!"

The warmth of the plush helped Starlight relax enough to return to her makeshift bed.
"Tomorrow," she said. "Tomorrow we plan the downfall of Princess twilight Sparkle and all her friends!"

***

The first months were hard on Starlight. So, yet again, she sent her anger into the hardening plush body of Cozy Glow. During this time Starlight failed to notice that Cozy was starting to grow in size and say other things.

"I'll never have friends!" Cozy whined. "It's just too hard!"

"But we're fixing that!" assured Starlight from within her secret chamber. "I've nearly mastered the spell I need to take away from Twilight what she took away from me!"

"The magic of friendship is sure strong, huh?" Cozy stated. "But soon all will be equal and everyone will be just tickled pink to be our friends!"

"That's right!" exclaimed Starlight without realizing she was actually talking back to a plush doll that should not be doing such things. "Friendship isn't magic! Friendship is power and I'm going to take that power away from Twilight just as she took it away from me!"

***

The battles through time had worn on Starlight. She knew she had the upper-hoof and how she could eternally stop Rainbow Dash from ever achieving her first Sonic rainboom. However something just made her want to end the whole affair. Something Twilight and Spike said actually got through to her enough to consier putting her vengeful ways aside in hopes that she could find friendship.

However, unknown to any pony, was how connected to Starlight the Cozy glow plush was. The doll had reached the size of a young foal and had even begun to fly. Her once green eyes had become red and were no longer patchwork but real genuine eyes. Her plush body had gained substance and now was skin, bone, and fur. Her wings were just like that of a Pegasi and her mane and tail were now true hairs grown from her own body.

"Golly," she thought as she discovered her mouth not only move but also had teeth. "Where is every pony?"

Cozy had no memory of being a plush toy. However she did have memories. These memories were nightmares that looped over-and-over in her mind.
"Got to get back at Princess twilight Sparkle," she said. "Must achieve equality."

***

Cozy eventually found her way out of the caves and discovered Our Town. It was here she found a home with a small family that took her in as an orphan. However, no matter how hard her adopted parents, the townsfolk, and she herself tried, she could not rid herself of the anger that persisted to haunt her.

***

Cozy spent many days crying as she continued to grow. She'd try to make friends but always feel they were going to abandon her. It also didn't help how she always schemed to ruin friendships to 'feel better'. She also got extremely upset at any mention of Princess twilight Sparkle, her friends, or the magic of friendship.

Then, one day, her adopted parents saw a brochure for a school that they knew their little Cozy glow would be able to find her happiness. This place was Twilight Sparkle's School Of Friendship.

***

Cozy's adopted parents, along with the entire town, came to see her off to become a part of Twilight's school. However the filly had other things in mind.
"Now," she said as a small cackle escaped her mouth. "I'll finally get even with twilight sparkle, her friends, and eliminate the magic of friendship forever!"

PSHEW

The symbol of a rook formed upon her pink flank as she continued to consider all she'd be able to do upon reaching Twilight's school. she was finally going to get that satisfaction that had long escaped her through creating true equality by ruining Twilight Sparkle, her friends, and ensuring no pony had any magic. She'd be the one in power knowing that no pony would ever abandon, nor defeat her, ever again!