• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 1,320 Views, 38 Comments

Glimmer & Glow - Yosh-E-O



There are more ways to bottle up your emotions than you may think. Starlight learns this the hard way through Cozy Glow.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,320

Chapter 10 - Emotional Confrontation

Author's Note:

Thank you all for joining me in exploring this possibility for Cozy Glow and why she is the way she is. It helped to really allow me to evolve on how 'emotion', according to Starlight, plays a big part in Unicorn magic and how, perhaps, a missing aspect in which unites The Elements Of harmony are Feelings / Emotion?

Once more, I thank all who have followed and read as I, too, share my thoughts on what would make for a better / more understandable outcome for Cozy Glow.

Starlight spent a lot of time with Cozy Glow just reviewing all that had happened during her life, Cozy's life, and Trixie's life.

"I think I gosh golly got it!" cheered Cozy as she merrily fluttered her wings. "We don't choose our feelings but we do choose how we react upon our feelings!"

Trixie had grown tired of the discussion hours ago but knew how much this all meant to Starlight.
"That's right," the illusionist replied. "Controlling your emotions, just as Starlight has been saying over-and-over-and-over again, is what helps us not only control our magic but not do mean, nasty, evil things."

"Is that sarcasm, Ms. Trixie?" giggled Cozy as she flew alongside the white-haired Unicorn. "Sarcasm isn't very friendly."

"Trixie does have a point," acknowledged Starlight.

"She does?" wondered the curly-haired Pegasus. "How is it being peachy if you say things that aren't nice?"

"Well...," thought Starlight. "What I believe Trixie is trying to tell me is that I've been saying the same thing over-and-over to the point that it has gotten annoying."

"Then why not just say you are annoyed?" baffled Cozy. "Tell Starlight how you feel so you don't become an unfriendly grouch?"

Trixie sighed. It was her turn to talk about feelings and emotions.
"Because," she sighed. "Trixie knows Starlight means well despite her continuous repetition of the same thing over-and-over."

"But you're not being honest?" pursued Cozy.

"But she is being kind," added Starlight. "She cares about my feelings and is giving me a hint that I'm bothering her that I picked up on."

"Gosh!" cried Cozy. "In not being totally honest you can be kind and loyal?"

"Loyal?" Trixie and Starlight inquired in unison.

Cozy felt proud of herself as she flew between the pair that were pulling the wagon.
"Starlight is showing her loyalty by not getting angry at Trixie for mocking her!" she announced cheerfully. "And Trixie is being generous by having been so patient all this time even though she was clearly showing how upset she was with Starlight repeating the same things over-and-over again!"

The two Unicorns looked towards each other for a moment before letting out a shared laugh.

"Laughter!" gleed Cozy. "So all the elements are linked by emotion and action and how you choose to act upon your feelings!"

"I think she's got it," nodded Trixie with a smile.

"Cozy!" called Starlight as the filly flew beside her. "I'm so proud of you!"

"And I'm gee golly delighted that pals can still be pals even if they may not feel all the best about being chums!" cheered Cozy.

The trio was nearing the outskirts of Ponyville. It was here that Twilight Sparkle, Celestia, and Cadence were all awaiting their arrival.

SHOO
FWOO
TING

"What the...?" gasped Trixie as she felt her hooves freeze in place. "I can't move!"

"Neither can I!" panicked Starlight.

"HELP!" cried Cozy as she was covered in a magical bubble and hauled towards where the waiting princesses were.

"STARLIGHT!" cried Twilight. "I can't believe you'd do something like this!"

"Looks like we're about to get that shared cell in Tartarus," worried the blue Unicorn.

"Not... yet!" burst Starlight as she released all her emotion into her magic. This broke the binding spell Celestia and Twilight cast and allowed her to teleport right in front of The Princess Of Friendship herself.

"Starlight?" gasped Twilight with disbelief. "What are you doing?"

"This can't be allowed," Celestia stated firmly as she charged her magic. "Cozy Glow is too much a threat to not keep in the confines of Tartarus."

PYOO!

Celestia cast a stun spell towards Starlight but the periwinkle Unicorn quickly countered by combining a strong shield spell along with one of reflection.

PISH!

"Ah!" cried Celestia as she dropped to the ground.

"Starlight!" growled Twilight as she charged her magic.

Starlight's emotions were dead set on ensuring the safety of Cozy Glow. Cozy Glow was her responsibility and it was up to her to protect her no matter what.
"No...," a voice in her head said. "This is the perfect chance to show the power of emotion and its control."

"Accelero!" Twilight boomed as she cast the speed spell upon herself.

Starlight took a deep breath before unleashing her duplication spell to create three clones to join her own.
"Twilight!" they all cried. "Stop! It's not what you all think!"

Twilight magically destroyed one of the clones with her stun spell.
"How can you say that!" she growled. "I trusted you!"

"And you can still trust me!" the Unicorn barked back as she allowed the other two clones to be dispatched in order to conjure up the regression spell on Twilight.

POOF!

"What?" baffled Twilight as she had not ever been afflicted by such strong magic.

SHING-SWIP
PFEW!

"Ah!" whined Twilight as Starlight removed the magical ring from Trixie and used its powers to bind Twilight in the same foal attire she had once done to Cozy.

Cadence said nothing as her attention was split between holding Cozy Glow and taking in the scene playing out before her.
"If I help twilight," she thought. "Cozy will be able to break free."

"ENOUGH!" boomed Starlight to the now foal Twilight. "YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN AND LISTEN!"

Celestia was still knocked out as Cadence felt panic rush through her body.
"Flurrry...," she thought feeling that she'd be next to feel Starlight's wrath. "I can't... No...."

Twilight was in a full meltdown trying to ignite her magic while stripping herself of the mittens and diaper she was now clad in. However it all nullified her abilities and kept her from doing little more than stomping her hooves down on the grass.

Starlight took a deep breath as she approached the little princess.
"Twilight," she said calm yet firmly. "You trusted that I'd reform and be a better pony. You trusted me to help Trixie on 'The Road To Friendship', and you also trusted me to be your guidance counselor."

Twilight looked up in fear at the only Unicorn whose power could, and just had, outmatched her own.

"Stop this!" cried Cadence. "Please! Stop this now!"

"I am stopping this," said Starlight as she levitated the helpless Twilight in front of her face. "By letting you know that we all have a lot to learn about emotions."

Twilight gaped in disbelief as Cadence looked on with confusion.

"I...," gasped Celestia as she pulled herself up. "I believe Starlight has a point."

Every pony appeared at a loss as Princess Celestia allowed the rest of the spell's effects to leave her body.
"Starlight Glimmer," she requested in a calm voice. "Please return Twilight Sparkle back to normal."

Starlight looked with worry towards the Sun Princess.

"Cadence," Celestia said gently. "Release Cozy Glow."

SPOP

Cozy Glow felt such happy emotions as she was released from the Princess Of Love's magical hold.
"Starlight!" she cried while quickly flying towards the Unicorn.

Celestia looked to watch as Starlight utilized her magic and magical artifact to return Twilight to normal.

There was a moment of silence as every pony regained their composure.
"This is not the place to have such a discussion," stated Celestia as she spread her wings. "I shall now take us to where we all can better learn from what has just transpired."

SHWEE-POOF!

Trixie felt herself stumble as the spell binding her had been broken.
"Hey!" she called. "What about Trixie!"