• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 1,324 Views, 38 Comments

Glimmer & Glow - Yosh-E-O



There are more ways to bottle up your emotions than you may think. Starlight learns this the hard way through Cozy Glow.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,324

Chapter 9 - Feeling Peachy

Trixie was pacing where Starlight was lying with Cozy Glow atop her belly. Their eyes appeared locked and unblinking as streams of colored magic were exchanged.
“Come on, Starlight,” worried the illusionist. “This whole thing is making Trixie very nervous.”

“Golly gosh,” said Cozy Glow as she rolled off of the guidance counselor. “I feel… different.”

Trixie gasped and quickly faced towards the curly-haired Pegasus.
“What did you do to Starlight!” she snapped while charging her magic.

Tears began to well up in the green-eyed fillies eyes.

“It’s okay,” assured Starlight while taking a seat beside Cozy Glow and wrapping a hoof around her. “We just did a little catching up.”

Trixie didn’t appear convinced as she maintained the blue aura of magic in her horn.

“Trix,” stated Starlight with a glare. “It’s okay.”

Cozy Glow continued to sob.
“You really do understand, Starlight,” she whimpered. “And I finally feel like things are going to be genuinely peachy after all these years.”

Starlight nodded before nuzzling the filly.
“You and I have a lot to do,” she said. “But what matters is that we’ll do it together.”

“Golly!” beamed Cozy Glow. “I’m just so happy that we’re pals!”

The periwinkle Unicorn smiled as she rubbed the foal’s back.
“Me, too, kiddo,” she added.

“Hold up a second,” stated Trixie. “I’m not only great and powerful but also observant and cautious.”

The snuggling pair looked towards the illusionist who was giving them an accusing glance.

“Your eyes!” boomed Trixie. “Your eyes are different!”

Cozy appeared confused as Starlight looked down into her tear-swollen eyes.
“Cozy!” cheered Starlight. “You’re back to normal!”

“Huh?” wondered the filly. “Normal?”

“Trixie!” called Starlight. “Can you get your hoof mirror from inside the wagon?”

Trixie was still very untrusting of the situation. However she had also realized that Starlight’s stop spell on the ring had worn off.
“Fine!” she snapped. “I’ll get you my hoof mirror if only to prove that something is amiss and that Trixie is right in being cautious.”

***

Trixie returned with the mirror but kept her distance from the pair.
“Starlight!” she cried while levitating the hoof mirror. “Got the mirror!”

“Thanks, Trix!” Starlight replied while using her magic to take the hoof mirror and position it in front of Cozy.

“My…,” the Pegasus trailed while in deep thought. “My eyes… They’re green.”

Starlight nodded her head with a wide smile.
“That’s the color they were before I made the mistake of putting all my negative emotions into you,” she replied. “I think it means you are starting to become your own pony.”

“My own… pony?” Cozy inquired with a smile. “So I won’t be turned back into a doll?”

“No,” replied Starlight. “What I do believe is we should spend some real time together better understanding our feelings.”

Cozy sighed.
“My feelings?” she asked. “I… don’t feel any feelings… Maybe I am turning back into a doll!”

Starlight rubbed the young Pegasus’ back.
“That’s not it at all,” she assured with a slight laugh.

“Then what is it?” panicked the pink pony.

“You no longer are filled with all the negative emotions I burdened you with,” Starlight replied. “You’ve actually been experiencing other emotions but all the anger, sadness, jealousy is no longer your core feelings because I helped you to notice the more positive feelings I had never granted to you.”

“So,” wondered Cozy. “This almost weightless feeling of just being happy to be by your side is not me turning back into your doll?”

“Most definitely not,” beamed Starlight. “It’s the feeling of true friendship.”

Cozy looked towards Trixie who was still giving her a not so friendly stare.
“What about her?” she asked while gesturing towards the illusionist.

Trixie felt nervous upon being pointed at by the villainous filly.
“Umm,” she stammered.

“Trixie actually has quite a bit in common with us,” remarked Starlight. “And perhaps this would make for a great opportunity to get back on ‘The Road To Friendship’ together.”

The blue Unicorn’s mouth gaped.
“But…,” she gasped. “Remember what happened last time?”

Cozy looked very anxiously towards Starlight. Her forest-green eyes showing a far more tranquil Pegasus than the one who had been sent to Tartarus.
“Last time?” she asked. “Did you both go villain again?”

It was Starlight’s turn to feel awkward.
“Oh, no,” she nervously replied. “Our days of being villains are over.”

“Then what happened?” Cozy asked curiously. “Did you do a whole bunch of bad things to get yourself in trouble without Twilight and her lackeys… err… friends finding out?”

“No, no, no,” blushed Starlight.

“We had a disagreement,” Trixie stated plainly. “Some friends aren’t meant to be staying together in crammed spaces.”

Cozy blinked.
“But isn’t friendship all about always being peachy to each other no matter what?” she asked.

“Well…,” trailed Starlight. “Yes and no.”

“I don’t understand,” the little pink Pegasus stated. “You always do things to make other creatures happy so they’ll be your friends and do things for you, right?”

Starlight was lost for an answer as Trixie shrugged.

“Well…,” struggled Starlight. “That’s how I used to view friendship…”

“You mean as power?” beamed Cozy Glow. “Making it so you are the most loved of all and that nobody can do anything to take your friends away?”

Trixie let out a guffaw.
“She’s got you there, Starlight,” she teased.

“Cozy,” sighed Starlight. “I made a lot of mistakes in my life but friends like Twilight and Trixie all believed I could turn over a new leaf and, well, I know I’ll never be able to make up for all that I’ve done but it’s never too late for a fresh start.”

“Well said,” agreed Trixie. “Explains why you’re the guidance counselor.”

“I’m just so gosh golly confused,” the curly-haired Pegasus moped.

“We all have to start somewhere,” added Starlight as she pat at Cozy’s back. “So what do you say? Me, you, and Trixie head out on ‘The Road To Friendship’ together? Get to show your adopted family in Our Town how much you’ve learned and that we’re like sisters?”

“You mean,” flapped Cozy. “Like Rainbow Dash is Scootaloo’s sister?”

Starlight nodded.
“Exactly,” she replied happily.

“There’s still one problem,” noted Trixie as she pointed towards her wagon. “There’s not enough space for us let alone ‘your sister’.”

Starlight smiled.
“Let me take care of that, Trixie,” she said. “Being the student of the Princess Of Friendship does have its perks.”

Cozy gasped.
“No, no, no!” she cried. “She’ll send me back to Tartarus!”

“No she won’t,” assured Starlight while hugging the filly. “Not after I explain our summer plans to get you back on track to being an upstanding pony.”

“How can I ever be a golly gosh super pal after what I’ve done?” grumbled the little pink Pegasus. “I was sent to Tartarus and Tirek made it a point to hurt my feelings each day. That didn’t happen to you, or Trixie.”

“You’re not ever going back to Tartarus,” Starlight said with extreme confidence. “Together we’re going to show the princesses the other part of friendship and how important it is.”

“Other part of friendship?” wondered Trixie.

“Yeah,” wondered Cozy Glow. “Is that like one of those Elements Of Harmony?”

Starlight shook her head.
“Not at all,” she stated. “However it’s just as good as one.”

“And what is it?” Cozy asked eagerly.

“Yes, Starlight,” egged on Trixie. “What is this missing thing the Princess Of Friendship is not aware of."

"Emotion," the Unicorn responded. "Our feelings cannot be controlled but what we do with them is ultimately our decision."

"...," Cozy blinked her eyes as she tried to understand what Starlight was saying.

"You know how you mentioned feeling like you weighed less a moment ago?" asked Starlight with a smile.

"Yeah," replied the pink Pegasus.

"That is you not feeling all the pain of negative emotions," continued Starlight. "I never realized how much my feelings drove my actions and how those emotions made me lash out as I once did."

"But didn't you give me all your negative emotions?" considered Cozy. "I was your vessel for pain so how could you still be in pain when you gave it all to me as a doll?"

"Because using magic to temporarily clear my head never totally rid me of the pain I felt at the hooves of my emotions," Starlight replied while taking in a deep breath. "I learned that lesson first hoof with Trixie awhile back and the end result was downright terrible.

"I'll say," added the white-haired pony. "Your bottle broke and all those ponies took your anger out on me!"

Cozy looked to Trixie and then to Starlight.
"Gosh," she said. "That sounds quite terrible."

Starlight sighed.
"It was," she somberly replied before placing a hoof on cozy Glow. "However not as terrible as what I did to you."

"But Ms. Glimmer," stated Cozy. "You didn't know I'd come to life as a result of all those not so nice feelings."

"I also didn't know how to control those not so nice feelings," added the periwinkle Unicorn. "But you and Trixie have helped me to truly understand how important it is to consider emotions when doing, well, just about everything."

"The great and powerful Trixie is elated that her great and powerful assistant was so humbled by her pressence," boasted the illusionist.

Starlight took to her hooves and used her magic to levitate Cozy glow onto her back.
"Together," she said while gazing towards the horizon. "We'll discover the power of emotion and how it, too, impacts the magic of friendship."