• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 589 Views, 26 Comments

Hunted - Silence_EXE



Rainbow Dash finds herself in a terrifying place, where things from her nightmares come to life. Can she survive being Hunted?

  • ...
2
 26
 589

Chapter 2

Rainbow finally awoke from her exhausted slumber, finding herself slumped uncomfortably against the barricade she had created. A painful and irritating headache pounded against her temples, which she massaged using her hooves. Looking around, she finally took in her surroundings.

She was in what seemed to be a massive atrium of sorts, which reminded her of the main room in the Castle of Friendship. There were large silk banners hanging from the ceiling, all of which had an abstract design on them. A marble desk was situated between two sets of stairs, both going upwards. The whole room gave off an aura of pristinity and cleanliness.

Rainbow got up carefully, not wanting to bother her already-broken wing, and was immediately hit with a rushing sensation as her headache worsened. She leaned against the barricade, waiting for it to pass.

Suddenly, the lights simultaneously blinked out, leaving her in complete darkness. She jumped in surprise, backing up into the barricade. Pressing up against it, she listened carefully.

In the distance, she heard hoofsteps. They were soft and delicate, almost as if whoever was making them was trying to be stealthy. Rainbow huddled against the floor, hoping not to be seen by whatever atrocity was coming for her.

As the hoofsteps came closer, Rainbow began hearing a voice whispering to itself. She couldn't understand what it was saying, nor if the voice was friendly or hostile, but it was unnerving nonetheless.

Suddenly, the sounds began to move towards the stairs. Rainbow, looking upwards at the ceiling, silently prayed for her safety. If the thing noticed her, it would be the end.

It continued walking down, then came to a stop in front of Rainbow, who was trembling in fear. It stood there silently for quite a while, seeming to be listening for something.

Just when Rainbow thought it never would, the thing moved on. Rainbow waited until she heard it leave the area to let out a relieved breath. As she did so, the lights came back on.

Looking around to make sure no other unwelcome surprises lay in wait, she cautiously got up. She walked quietly to the base of the stairs, before climbing them and sticking her head over the top.

If that thing was still in the building, and if it was attracted to noise like she thought, she couldn't risk making any noise to dismantle the barricade. Thus, her only option was to find an exit out of the building as quietly as possible.

She gazed around carefully, before climbing the last step.

The room she was now in appeared to be an art gallery of sorts, similar to the one in Canterlot. It was filled with paintings, statues, and creations of all sorts. The walls were painted white, a single dark blue stripe along their middles. The marble floor had blue lines separating the different exhibits, of which several had barriers of red fabric to protect them. Along with that were two other rooms which had more artwork in them.

Rainbow noticed the exit on the far wall, and decided to try it. To her surprise, it worked. The door opened without a sound, and Rainbow decided she would have to find someplace else to escape the beings on the streets.

Suddenly, she heard a rustling sound. Her eyes widened as she realized where it was coming from. She turned quickly and saw the being that had been whispering to itself a few metres away from her tail.

She stared at it in terror, her pupils contracting. It stared back ominously. Rainbow trembled as it did so.

Its' neck cracked as it somehow managed to turn its' head upside-down. Rainbow could feel a primal scream building in her throat. Frozen in fear, she watched as it spun its' head around.

The head glared at her before the monster let out a deafening roar and sprinted at her.

Author's Note:

Hey all,

Yes, this story is incomplete. I have a couple more chapters to write.

I had a bit of writers' block for this chapter, but I finished it! So yay, I guess.

Tell me what you think in the comments, rate fairly, and thanks for reading!