• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 588 Views, 26 Comments

Hunted - Silence_EXE



Rainbow Dash finds herself in a terrifying place, where things from her nightmares come to life. Can she survive being Hunted?

  • ...
2
 26
 588

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash ran through the dark streets of the unknown town. She looked over her shoulder in terror, noting that the dark figure chasing her was catching up. She looked straight ahead, pushing herself to gallop even faster than she already was.

Ahead of her was what seemed to be an endless street, towering and shadowy buildings looming on both sides. The night time sky was cloudy, the light of the moon shining occasionally before disappearing behind yet another cloud.

Streetlights flashed by, giving the image of a moving painting with a single misplaced streak of fluorescent orange. Rainbow would have thought it was a nice image, if it hadn't been for the insane laughs of the bipedal chasing her.

As of the moment, she only cared about trying to get away from the being before she was caught. Even then, she knew it and more of its kind would hunt her down. They were everywhere, after all.

As she continued to run, she felt tears fall. Memories of past times with her friends assaulted her mind. She didn't want to die. Not like this. She had so much to live for. She let out a sob of mixed terror and grief.

Looking over her shoulder, she could see the being barely a few steps behind, swinging its' blade. It had a psychopathic grin on its' somewhat skeletal face. It whispered nonsensical gibberish before laughing maniacally again. She gasped in terror, pouring everything she had into her speed.

Whipping her head around, she saw the outline of a building with the door slightly ajar. She ran faster and harder than she ever had ran or even flown before. She looked over her shoulder again.

To her horror, the thing was nearly on her. It was within a metre of her tail and was reaching towards her. Her life flashed before her eyes as the being prepared to strike. But before it could land a blow, she realized she was inside.

She skidded to a halt, kicking the door closed. As the door slammed shut, she heard a loud crash from outside, followed by a roar of frustration. Her eyes widened in terror as the thing outside attempted to break the door down.

Quickly grabbing anything she could find, she barricaded the door, then leaned against the barricade. After several minutes, it gave up. Rainbow was safe.

For now.

Author's Note:

Hey all,

I hope you enjoyed the start of this fanfic. If you did, let me know in the comments, if you think there's stuff I should improve on, also let me know.

Oh yeah, I found a song that I believe fits the theme of the story. It's called Game of Survival by Ruelle. If you want to check it out, go ahead, I guess.

Thanks for reading!