• Published 23rd Oct 2018
  • 5,718 Views, 107 Comments

Displaced: The Metal Armed Vigilante - WhalenJP



So, I got transported to another dimension. One that I am VERY familiar of. But hey, at least I got four metal sentient arms attached to my spine to keep me company...

  • ...
25
 107
 5,718

Chapter 6: Doc Ock VS Gaea Everfree…

Chapter 6: Doc Ock VS Gaea Everfree…

The thorn vines were crawling fast across the buildings and forming a thick wall of plants and sharp thorns jutting out at them to prevent the people trapped inside the lodge to start cutting them.

Luna and Celestia were doing all they could to keep the small amount of students calm, while Jon was staring at the wall of thorns with a sort of resignation in his eyes.

Well, I hadn’t planned on revealing them yet, but if it’ll keep people safe...

I have no choice. He thought as he turned back to the huddled forms of students that were panicking and hyperventilating.

Celestia heard a sigh and turned around. She saw the look in her colleagues eye and was confused on why the man had a defeated and resigned look.

Her answer came in the form of him taking off his brown trench coat he'd never been seen without regardless of the weather as he turned to face the thorns.

All eyes widened as they took in the four metal snake-like arms whirring about the air around Jon, seemingly attached to his back as the surveyed their surroundings with their red gaze.

So that’s what he was hiding. He was hiding THEM. She thought, mentally making a note to talk to Mr. Whalen about him keeping secrets that could potentially be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Jon turned to the doorway and raised his hands in a sort of grabbing position, the actuators tensed and followed the movement, waiting to strike the thorny green wall in front of him.

He shot his arms forth and they obeyed the command to grab the wall with a force that could kill someone in their grappling pincers.

Jon began to pull as if he was grabbing an object, grunting with exertion and force that reminded him of the time Alfred pulled a vault door off through sheer will. He was thinking it could work the same with the wall in front of him.

He gave a mental shout to the arms that they could do it, then began feeling proud as the wall started to rip and tear at the corners where the pincers were grappling.

With one last strong pull, the wall broke free and he threw it to the side where no one would get hurt and jumped through the closing hole as fast as he could, a grim determination in his eyes.

After the wall closed, Celestia looked at Luna, and Luna looked at Celestia. Both of their thoughts were the same.

We need to talk to him if we survive…
-------------------------------

Gloriosa, AKA Gaea Everfree Reincarnated, was suddenly surprised at the boldness of the man walking toward her with some metal arms attached to his back, Is he an enemy? Does he want to help me protect these people from the wolves in human skin? She thought as she locked eyes with the familiar man.

Jon stood a yard away from Gloriosa, staring at her with a weird gleam in his eye.

His actuators were staring at the woman in the green dress and vines with slight awe, feeling the power she had ripple outward for all to behold.

Jon tilted his head a little bit and closed his eyes for a second and saw the same as they could.

She’s immensely powerful. I don’t know if we can defeat her or not. But we have to try. He thought to them.

This was a new emotion for the actuators to feel; Doubt was something they never felt before, but the powerful feeling of determination slightly subdued it.

But still, they were unnerved at the feeling of their father doubting that he could save these people.

The top right actuator lowered it’s head and looked at him, its red camera lens gleaming at him, We will not fail, father. She spoke, a light yet slightly squeaky voice replied back. We can do this.

Jon stared at the speaking actuator for a second before his eyes lit up and nodded sharply.

The actuators tensed up once again and moved to attack position above and his head and the two lower actuators lifted him into the air.

Gloriosa then sneered out, “ Just who and what are you?”

The man immediately responded, the gleam in his eye brightening as his muscles tensed, ready for the fight, “ I am many things, miss. I have known a few names. Doctor Otto Octavius, Doc Ock, now Jon Whalen. But those names are unimportant at this time, for you now face Doc Ock.”

Jon said one sentence to Gloriosa, who was in a offensive and defensive position as she saw the metal arms begin tensing up and ready to launch at her.

“ Do You Wanna Have A Bad Time?”
-------------
FIGHT!

As if a bell mentally rung out, both charged each other, arms and fisticuffs trying to land a hit.

Jon jumped using the bottom actuators for height and easy jumping and landed on top of the woman with his boot against her chest, trying to make her stay on the ground.

But it was not meant to be.

Gloriosa used a vine and struck him off her and he went flying across the campsite, landing into the forest.

She looked at the forest with frustration, angry to see that someone else who is opposing her help once again, “ WHY?! WHY CAN’T YOU SEE THAT I WANT TO HELP?! I WANT TO PROTECT THESE PEOPLE FROM THE BAD MAN! THE ONE WHO WANTS TO TAKE MY HOME AWAY!”

Her answer came in the form of a large flying tree coming at her from the dense forestry, making her dash to the side.

Jon came out of the forest and replied with, “ Because this is not the way to protect people, Gloriosa. This is madness! You’re hurting these people by trapping them!”

His top left actuator struck the ground next to Gloriosa, making her fly through the air and hitting the ground hard.

She shot up from the ground and ran at him, shooting a green blast at him from her hands, dead set on making him suffer for going against her.

The blasts were almost there at the speed of a bullet, but somehow he dodged with graceful ease, a snarl on his lips at how close they came to be able to hit him.

The fight continued a few minutes, both of them dodging each others attacks and trying to get a hit on each other, which they did, a couple of injured ribs on Jon, and a bruise in Gloriosa’s- well, Gaea Everfree’s side, which was hidden underneath their clothes.

Suddenly, his two top actuators shot out and grabbed Gloriosa, who was trying to charge at him to get closer so that he wouldn’t be able to dodge her blasts, and gotten caught with the two metal tentacles that wrapped around her torso.

He lifted her and brought her closer to him, with her struggling to get out of the hold, and stopped only a few inches away as he stared at her in the eyes with a sense of annoyance in his face.

“ Don’t you think that there is a better way than this? A better way to protect your home without hurting anybody and be accepted for who you are, not what you are?”

Gloriosa suddenly broke out of the grip and swung a thorned vine at Jon, making him dodge, narrowly missing an inch from where his left cheek had been.

The man sighed, resigned that he couldn’t get through to Gloriosa, and readied up to fight Gaea Everfree once again.

After a few well placed punches on both sides, they have bruises on their cheeks, arms, and torsos that were covered up, and Gaia was tiring quickly.

Jon threw Gaea Everfree across the campsite and she landed on the same viney pedestal she was standing on when he joined to fight.

He then saw a purple glow emanating from a large sphere of vines, and slightly smirked, an idea coming to mind.

He spoke to her, his voice heard clearly, “ Before you go on about protecting people in your forest, Why don’t you tell us the real reason that you wanna protect them, Hmm? Is it for power, is it for support so people don’t cut down the forest? Tell the truth!”

Gaea snarled at the man with the four metal arms for a moment, then slumped down a little, her energy completely gone to stay up.

She then whispered, her voice so quiet that no one was almost able to hear, “ I am so alone.”

Jon stopped and he listened, while the vines behind Gaea’s viney pedestal glowed a little brighter.

“ I have been here for centuries, forgetting the real reason of the need to protect these people. I honestly didn’t want to fight anyone, but if it’s to protect innocent people....”

Gaea then snapped her head up, her eyes glowing fiercely in determination, screaming as a energy gathered into her.

“I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO ACHIEVE MY GOALS, EVEN IF IT MEANS KILLING YOU TO DO SO!!!”

She then fired a large blast at Jon, who was only a few feet away from Gaea, and it impacted his chest, sending him flying across the small area of vines that gathered around them.

Jon hit the ground hard, and his actuators were sparking a little bit at the power surge behind the attack, twitching and unable to move.

He coughed as he felt the air in his lungs being whooshed out of him from the impact, and shakingly lifted his head up and spied Gaea cocooning herself in vines, the power of the seven gemstones that she wore on her necklace making her radiate with unfathomable power.

He slowly got into a kneeling position, and smirked as the familiar lavender teen, Twilight Sparkle flying with wings on her back, readied her magic behind Gaea’s vine pedestal and called out, “ By the way!”

Once he was sure he got her attention, he continued, “ I wasn’t trying to defeat you Miss Everfree, I was stalling you!”

Gaea Everfree cackled, the feeling of victory at hand, and replied with a sneer on her face, “ Stalling me for what?” Then something happened behind her, an explosion of magic.

Jon smiled with a tired look in his eyes, “For Them.”

Twilight and her new friends used their newfound magic to grab the gemstones from Gaea’s neck and a bright light engulfed the entire forest, destroying the vine dome that surrounded them.
----------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

HOORAY!!! THE FIGHT IS OVER!