• Published 23rd Oct 2018
  • 5,727 Views, 107 Comments

Displaced: The Metal Armed Vigilante - WhalenJP



So, I got transported to another dimension. One that I am VERY familiar of. But hey, at least I got four metal sentient arms attached to my spine to keep me company...

  • ...
25
 107
 5,727

Chapter 4: Welcome To Jurassi- I Mean, Camp Everfree!!!

Chapter 4: Welcome To Camp Everfree

*A Month Later*

The bus drove down the dirt road leading into the mountains and dense forest. The bus was full of Canterlot High students who were listening to the two Principals as the two siblings spoke of their time at the Camp.

Jon was sitting in the back, reading JAWS on a hardback cover that he brought from the library to read, while his bottom right actuator was hidden from sight as it went up the aisle so that he could hear and read at the same time, so he wouldn’t miss any information.

He was already accustomed to the Equestria Girls world pretty good to not make a fool of himself, yet it still felt weird.

Spike was lying under the seat of his owner and slightly jumped at the sight of a metal snake-like creature slithering quietly past him.

He didn’t make any noise because of his curiosity on where it came from.

He followed the sinuous metal body and widened his eyes at it sticking out from Mr. Whalen’s back, as if was a part of him!

Mr. Whalen then looked up from his book and met Spike’s green eyes with amusement, a smirk on his lips at the gaping purple and green dog. Then he winked at him, and returned to his book.

Spike blinked at the way the new teacher didn’t seem to think he cared about the metal snake thing coming from his back or the way that a dog was gaping at him.

The snake body slid back until its pincer like head was face to face with him, open and staring at him with a red LED light as if it was staring into his soul.

Then it’s pincers shut silently, and patted him on the head gently, before returning all the way to the trench coat and disappeared.

The bus rolled to a stop in front of a wooden archway that had the words carved “ Camp Everfree” etched on it.

Jon put his book into the inner pocket of his trench coat and got up from his secluded spot, he then followed the mass of students into the camp.

He then went to a tent that had the name teacher and staff written on a sign next to it. In regards to sleeping arrangements, there are about ten tents for teachers and staff with male and female pairs.

Jon knew that he was gonna get a roommate, in fact, he anticipated it. If not, then he can let his actuators out for a stretch since they’ve been hiding all day.

He opened the flap and went inside, looking around the quite spacious area of the tent filled with a couple of cots, and sleeping bags on both of them.

But that wasn’t what caught his eye.

Sitting on one of the cots was Vice-Principal Luna. She was sitting there, hands folded into her lap, shoulders slumped, and staring at nothing. It is as if she was in her own thoughts.

Jon walked over to her, and reluctantly put a hand on his boss’s shoulder, shaking her very lightly as to not startle her, “ Luna?”

The woman in question snapped out of her thoughts as she slightly jumped at the sound of his voice. I didn’t even hear or see anyone come in! She thought with a little embarrassment.

Jon raised an eyebrow at the small blush on Luna’s face and became concerned. “ Are you alright?”

Luna nodded her head tentatively, What is wrong with me? Why does he make me feel like a little sister, even more than Tia? She thought as she smiled, trying to convince her new colleague and new friend.

The only answer to that was another raised brow and facial expression that basically screamed, Yeah, I don’t believe that.

Jon then walked over to the cot and sat next to her, looking at her face, his blue eyes searching for something.

Then he smirked, “ You’re sad about something.”

Luna blinked in surprise, wow, he’s GOOD. She thought as he continued, “ You don’t like being alone for something you did a long time ago. Am I right to guess that you hate being feared and friendless for some reason? I won’t pry, but talking helps to lessen the pressure and the weight of the world off your shoulders.”

Luna thought about something as he talked, How does he know? We only met a week ago, either he’s a creepy stalker or is really good at reading people.

Jon snorted as he saw the slightly dazed look in Luna’s eyes, I bet she’s wondering how I know what she’s going through.

Before Luna or Jon could say anything else, the tent flap opened and in came Gloriosa Daisy, the caretaker of Camp Everfree.

She stopped at the sight of Jon and Luna sitting at one cot, and raised an eyebrow, “ Am I interrupting something?”

Jon blinked in slight bewilderment and Luna blushed at the words.

Then Jon chuckled and shook his head, amused at the way Luna was trying to splitter out a reply,

He answered for her, “ No, ma’am. You’re not interrupting at all. What do you need help with?”

Gloriosa seemed to deflate in relief, Probably had to deal with horny teens once in a while. He thought with amusement.

Gloriosa replied with a smile, “ I was just going to tell you welcome to Camp Everfree and that lights out are at 10:00. But since it’s 9:30 and we hadn’t eaten anything, I will let it go to 12:00 today. So, why don’t you two come out so we can get some grub in you?”

Jon and Luna smiled at the thought of food and followed Gloriosa out to a large area with a few rows of tables, and benches filled with students and staff who are eating different varieties of food.

They stayed with her older sister Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, who for some reason, is glancing at him every minute or so with a weird expression on her face.

After half an hour, dinner is done and it was lights out after a few campfire stories, but Jon didn’t join in because it reminded him of the time he and his family went camping, so he went to his tent and laid on his side so as to not hurt himself and his actuators, who were enjoying themselves of listening to the creepy camp stories.

He fell asleep in about 5 minutes, after listening to the light breeze going through the trees, and the crickets singing long into the beautiful night...

Author's Note:

CHAPTER FOUR IS NOW DONE!!! WHOO, CONFETTI!!! I AM SO HYPED FOR THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS THAT ARE DONE AND EDITED, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU WHAT I GOT PLANNED FOR THE FUTURE!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! I DRANK TOO MANY CUPS OF COFFEE AND IS HYPER AS PINKIE PIE AND SPEEDY GONZALEZ ON CAFFEINE!!!