• Published 23rd Oct 2018
  • 1,747 Views, 17 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon 3 - CartoonNerd12



The third and final story to the Kung Fu Dragon tales. Where the Dragon Warrior's fate is determined once and for all!

  • ...
6
 17
 1,747

Prologue

It was just another peaceful day in the city of Canterlot as the Princess of the Sun, Celestia was going over paperwork with her assistant Raven and her advisor Kibitz as the former said, "I got another batch of forms that need your signature if Princess Twilight is to ever have her Friendship Festival next month."

Celestia nodded as she used her magic to sign the papers.

Kibitz added, "And there's talk of a situation happening in the south of Equestria."

Celestia questioned, "What kind of situation?"

"That part is unclear right now, but I have sent guards to look into it. They should be back soon with a full report."

Sure enough after hours of doing other royal duties, three guards rushed into the room with serious expressions on their faces with the one in front taking charge by saying, "An invasion approaches!"

Kibitz and Raven gasped while Celestia scowled in concern, inquiring, "What kind of invasion?"

The second guard voiced, "It's an armada by air!"

The third guard added, "Our sources say it is lead by the Storm King!"

Celestia scowled further before she said, "This is a matter I shall deal with personally." she turned to her staff, "Have Luna take over for me but if I do not come back within the next few days, send her."

The first guard asked, "Should we inform the other princesses too?"

Celestia was silent for a moment before she said, "No…"

The ponies were surprised to say the least that the tall alicorn didn't want to let the Princess of Love and the Princess of Friendship in on this.

Celestia explained, "Twilight has been very busy preparing for the Friendship Festival and Cadence has her family to look after. I don't want to worry them if I can stop this invasion from happening in the first place. But should something go terribly wrong tell Cadence and Shining Armor and then tell Twilight. For she, the Elements, and the Dragon Warrior would be our last hope if the rest of us fails. But for now, we keep this quiet and let things be what they are now."

Kibitz inquired, "Are you sure? I mean I don't wish to question your objective, Your Highness, but why not just face this head on with a full assault with all the guards, princesses, the Elements of Harmony, and the Dragon Warrior? Surely that's a much better way of facing the threat then you just going alone."

Celestia mentioned, "That's a very good point, my advisor, but to do so would mean we would have to go to war with them and I refuse to cause a panic for my subjects and for others to get hurt in the battle. It's my duty to save as many lives as I can and to do that, I must go alone."

While still concerned by their princess's choice, they respected her decision and would obey her command.

Author's Note:

So yup, the Storm King is Kai in this story, sorry I don't have him appearing to battle Celestia but I figured this was the best way to set up the story. Besides you know what happens anyway when she does face him. The biggest flaw the MLP movie had was that it wasn't flesh out properly. It undermined the princesses' power level and the Storm King was given very little screen time. So I'm hoping to change that by having the princesses get taken out one-by-one, much better strategy in my opinion. As for why I casted Storm King as Kai, at first I was thinking of either Tirek or Sombra to be him instead but when the movie's prequel comics came out my sister insisted that I have the Storm King for him and you know what, she was right. I think both Tirek and Sombra would have been too somber and serious to be Kai because Kung Fu Panda 3 does show him having a humorous side to him and being a bit silly but still threatening enough. Storm King to a T. Plus he does have his own army like Kai does with his jombies so it works all the way!