• Published 21st Oct 2018
  • 813 Views, 6 Comments

Secrets and Lies (phase one) - keithsterling

  • ...
 6
 813

Chapter 10- End of the first phase

Star date 11426, unknown time, Infinity Star Sector deep space, Infinity Palace, Throne room/ command center Battlesat station one.

In an area of space not seen by ponies’ eyes, living on the planet of Sol which orbits the sun was a gigantic metal sphere about the size of a small moon. This sphere is orbiting a space station built by an ancient race of Imperator Alicorns giving life by the Supreme Creator Being called the All Mother. Her children, as she calls them, were created by the very stars that make-up her very own body. The first Imperator Alicorn to be created from a star within the all mother’s own heart was her daughter, Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight. This child of the All Mother was created to be the living embodiment of the All Mother herself.

For eons, Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight fulfilled her duties as the avatar of the All Mother and supreme ruler of the Imperator Alicorn race. A despondent Ophelia, sadden that none of the Imperator alicorn created then was her own, Ophelia approached the all mother with tears in her eyes, asking her if she could create her own children. The All Mother granted her daughter’s request. But what surprised her was when her daughter asked for the stars from the All Mother’s heart. So she gave her daughter two stars from her heart. She told her she must nurture these stars herself and she did.

The first star to grow to maturity was her oldest daughter Duchess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight. Soon after her youngest daughter Duchess Jamila Nebula grew to maturity. Seeing how happy her daughter was raising her own children, the All Mother decided to begin the Great Star Collection. After certain amounts of stars were collected, she would offer the star to other Imperator Alicorn’s who wanted to raise children for their own family. To protect the royal family, the All Mother forbade the collecting of stars from Infinity Star Sector by anyone except for her royal family.

Sitting behind a computer terminal in the central communication block of the Infinity Palace was an Imperator Alicorn mare. She was wearing a deep teal colored Space suit and on her head was a head set.

Huh? A hyperwave signal!” The Comm tech thought as she tried to triangulate the source of the Hyperwave signal.

She was able to trace the signal back to an M-class planet several light years from the Infinity Star Sector. But what got her attention was that the signal was sent vie a Royal pulse from the Imperial Princess. The Comm Tech makes a copy of the signal and flies down the corridor heading towards the command center/ throne room.

The Command Center/ Throne Room is a huge area filled with view screens and monitor screens. Various space station functions are monitored here and change continuously over time. Sitting in the command pod in the center of the room was a captivating, ageless, light blue Imperator Alicorn mare with an imperial red mane and tail. Her elegant athletic 6ft 12in figure was encased in a form-fitting mineral green space suit.

Resting on her back were the most beautiful jeweled bio-mechanical feathery bird wings of her species. Her emerald green eyes darted from sensor to sensor reading them as her fingers moved at a blurring pace on the holographic keyboard in front of her. Sitting on her head behind her horn was a jeweled imperial tiara. This Imperator Alicorn mare was Empress Galaxy Cosmos, the All Mother of the Imperator Alicorn species and supreme ruler of the Imperator Alicorns.

“Your Imperial Majesty, I just received a royal hyperwave transmission.” The Comm Tech mare said on one knee with her head bowed in respect.

“You must be mistaken Comm Tech. I have sent no such transmission. There’s no way. I have been working on the internal communications network for a while now.” Galaxy comments not missing a beat as she continued routine maintenance on all the space station systems.

“I understand Your Imperial Majesty. but it was not from you.” The Comm Tech said as the comment got Galaxy’s attention from her routine maintenance of the space station systems.

“If not from me, then who? It’s forbidden to masquerade as a member of my Royal family and use a Royal Hyperwave signal to send a transmission. It’s punishable by death or prison time for the offender.” Galaxy explains as she finishes the routine maintenance on the systems.

She spreads her wings and flies out of the command pod landing in front of a glowing box in front of the pod. She touches the box with her hand; the command pod sinks into the ground as a platform with her gold throne slide over it. A moment later, the pedestal with the glowing box on it sinks into the ground and disappears.

“Who then?” Galaxy asked the Comm Tech once again as waves of acid wells up in her belly.

“Her Imperial Highness, Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight.” The Comm Tech’s voice said strained as Galaxy gaped in stunned silence with the answer.

“This better not be some kind of joke Comm Tech. So help me, I will throw you into the nearest black hole I can find and make you suffer for the joke.” Galaxy said ruthlessly as she lifted the Comm Tech up to her eye level by her collar as she looked at her piercingly.

“It was your daughter who gave us Imperator Alicorns born from weak stars a chance to prove ourselves, when no one else would. My loyalty is to Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight and what she stands for, The Avatar of the All Mother. You, Your Imperial Majesty.” The Comm Tech said confident as Galaxy set the mare down on her feet.

“Even after my daughter disappears her very name still inspires upmost loyalty in those she assigns to work at the Infinity Palace with her. Hesperia, I believe that’s your name. Were you able to triangulate the source of the transmission?” Galaxy inquiry as Hesperia’s face glazes with shock with the All Mother knowing her name.

“Y-Yes that is my name, Your Imperial Majesty and yes, again, I was able to trace transmission back to the source. It originated from an M-Class planet. As I am not sure about it. I think that the planet, the' IAS Wisdom' the large Science class vessel crashed on.” Hesperia explains handing the copy of transmission to Galaxy who dismisses Hesperia and orders her to return to her post.

With a copy of the transmission in hand, Galaxy negotiates her way over to her throne and sits down on it. She lifts her arm into the air. With a swipe of her hand, she brings up a holographic view screen in front of her, followed by a holographic keyboard and inputs the transmission code into system. Soon tears come to her emerald green eyes as the face of her missing daughter appears on the screen. But it is soon replaced by a stricken look as the transmission bursts a message, meaning it could have been sent at anytime by the Hyperwaves Generator.

“Attention Infinity Palace, the dark Imperator Alicorn Daimyo Harmonia Strife has reawakened. As this message has been sent, I have no idea if she has contacted her Dark Star Section for support.” The burst message from Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight reports as the message ends, a new link appears on the screen. Galaxy presses the new link on the screen with her finger. It switches over to a live feed and in front of her appears her missing daughter.

“Ophelia!” Galaxy exclaims as tears once again run down her cheek.

“Yes, Mother it’s me, I see you found the embedded live feed link in the burst message.” Ophelia explains as Galaxy wipes away the tears from her cheek with her hand.

“Only you could pull off that trick with your extensive knowledge of communications. My dear daughter, the sole survivor of the mission to that M-class planet.” Galaxy comments as Ophelia shook her head.

“Huh? No mother, the whole crew survived the accident, we’ve been living on this planet since the accident. Our ships communications were so badly damaged even my knowledge couldn’t fix them. We had to wait for the planet to catch up to our tech or close to it.” Ophelia explains as Galaxy’s eyes widen with shock that her whole family survived.

“But, mother, I don’t have the time to catch you up with what happened after the accident, because this planet is in serious danger. Harmonia Strife has reawakened on this planet and has her hands on a dangerous weapon. As I don’t think this weapon poses no threat to Infinity Star Sector. We both know what she will do with that weapon on this planet.” Ophelia said, her voice edged with tension as her mother showed no emotion and gently shakes her head.

“She will try to spark a war.” Galaxy said with a matter of fact answer as a despairing look appears on Ophelia’s face with her mother’s answer.

“Mother, you have great grandchildren who could get killed if Harmonia sparks this war on this planet.” Ophelia’s voice said quavering as Galaxy’s breathe catches in her throat.

“I have Great Grandchildren?” Galaxy said as her jaw drops.

“Who are they?” Galaxy asks as she slowly recovers from the shock.

“Your Grandson Justice married a terran Alicorn mare name Celestia. On this planet she is the Princess of the Sun the ruler of Equestria. The land we now live in. He and Celestia have the most perfect foals. Two mares and one stallion. You would be so proud of those foals Mother they embody what it means to be an Imperator Alicorn Galactic Knight despite not being a pure Imperator Alicorn.” Ophelia explains as Galaxy forces herself to take hold of her emotions and start thinking like a ruler.

“As happy as I am to know I have Great Grandchildren. I must think as the ruler of the Imperator Alicorns and Infinity Star Sector as Harmonia poses no threat to the star sector. We can’t get involved with the affair of that planet. You are on your own, Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight. Please understand my position, my dear daughter.” Galaxy said with a hitch in her voice but calmly.

“Understood, Your Imperial Majesty. This is not your war with Harmonia.” Ophelia’s voice is a lifeless monotone as a single tear runs down her cheek, knowing that they will not get any support from their home star sector.

January 15, 2026, 0600 hrs Equestria Standard time, Central communication block, Eternal Palace, Principality of Dream Valley, Independently owned land in the Solar Empire territory.

The following morning the group reconvenes in the Eternal Palace Central Communication Block after spending the night as the guest of Imperial Princess Ophelia Silverlight in the Principality of Dream Valley. The transmission to the Infinity Star Sector would be an all night waiting game, so at about midnight, planetary time, Empress Galaxy Cosmos sent her reply. It stated that the Infinity Star Sector will not intervene with this planet’s affairs; hence Daimyo Harmonia Strife is their problem.

Rightly so, the Terran royalty of Equestria were livid about the decisions of Empress Galaxy Cosmos, the ruler of the star sector will not intervene with the war with Harmonia. The royalty of the star sector were disappointed but not surprised with the decision from their ruler. It was a very long shot for them to intervene.

“Justice?” Celestia ask calmly as she follows her husband into the Eternal Palace garden to talk to him alone and find out why it was no surprise to him.

“Yes, Tia?” Justice replies standing in front of a fountain as he clasps and unclasps his hands.

“I sense that message from your ruler came as no surprise to you, Why?” Celestia ask sitting down on the edge of the fountain in front of her husband as she crosses her long leg over the other.

“At best, it was a very long shot it stems from an incident that happen long before I was born.” Justice said sitting down next to his wife on the fountain placing his hand on her knee.

“At one time in our history. We Imperator Alicorns did intervene in planetary affairs. During one of those interventions the outcome was disastrous. It cost the lives of millions. We don’t want to repeat what happened.” Justice’s voice breaks as Celestia gasps, soon a single tear comes to her eye.

She slowly and gracefully rises to her feet before placing a tender kiss on her husband’s cheek. Justice watches his wife slowly walk down the path towards the Eternal Palace. Once out of sight of her husband, Celestia sunk to her knees and wept.

Meanwhile in the Celestial Sea, sitting at the minimum firing distance was ‘FKS Harmony’ the Friendship Kingdom’s advanced dreadnought. On the bridge of the ship in-putting the final firing formula into the targeting computer aboard the dreadnought was Pinkie Pie.

At the same time, setting up the broadcast signal at the communication station was Rarity. Monitoring the radar station were both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for any unauthorized signals. Finally, prepping the shells on deck were Applejack and a few chosen earth ponies sailors. Double checking the data at the command station was Princess Twilight Sparkle.

“Is everything set Pinkie?” Twilight inquiry

“Okie-dokie-lokie Twilight. Inputting the last values into the computer. Shell one will hit the painted building in block 15 of the Crystal City. Shell two will hit the street in front of that building.” Pinkie Pie explains as she presses the enter key, locking the gauss cannon in place.

“Check, Rarity, are the broadcast lines ready. Before the shells are fired we must state our reason for the strike.” Twilight Sparkle said as Rarity signs.

“Is this the only way Twilight?” Rarity inquiry

“Unfortunately Princess Cadence has been unable to stem the tide of the Shadow of the Sombra group. It’s time to act before Harmony fades.” Twilight said bluntly as Rarity begins activating the broadcast signal. The moment the broadcast signal is activated, Applejack and her deck crew quickly duck into a reinforced bunker on deck.

“This is Princess Twilight Sparkle, to preserve harmony we are going to deal a crippling blow to a terrorist group who settled in the Crystal Empire, FIRE!” Twilight orders as the shells are fired toward the Crystal City.

As the broadcast ends and the screen goes blank on the bridge of the dreadnought, the image of Princess Twilight Sparkle fades and is replaced with the figure of Daimyo Harmonia Strife with malicious delight on her snout. As the camera pans around the bridge, all the Friendship assembly members transform into Imperator Alicorns.

“Now what, My Lady?” the Imperator alicorn manning the gunner station inquiry.

“We wait.” Harmonia answer

“It’s too bad the shadow of King Sombra group tried to assassinate me as a Terran Alicorn. To further their own agenda. it was their fatal mistake.” Harmonia said venomously as she kicks her shoes off and rests her midnight blue bare five toed feet on the control console.

“Boys let’s head back to the Dark Star Kingdom and see what our R&D boys can do with this primitive vessel. Such a primitive vessel, but it packed a wallop. I do like the name ‘Harmony’. Promote harmony through firepower. Love it!” Harmonia said as a triumphant smile forms on her snout.

Comments ( 1 )

Why does this story have so many dislikes? I mean, it can't be that bad, right? ...Right?

Login or register to comment