• Published 19th Oct 2018
  • 5,812 Views, 29 Comments

A Glimmer Of Something More - anonpencil



Spike and Starlight Glimmer have started dating, and Spike is just so happy to find someone who actually loves him. The problem is, maybe Glimmer loves him a little too much...

  • ...
9
 29
 5,812

Star Light, Star Bright, Only Star I'll See Tonight

~*~

Spike walked with a little bounce in his step as he made his way down the streets of Ponyville. The sun was bright, the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming and, most important of all, he was in love. His days of pining for someone who didn’t feel the same were behind him not, and he was with someone who loved him back. Very deeply.

As he neared the little cafe, he slowed his steps to take in the scene that was laid out in front of him. It felt like something out of a fairy tale.

There she was, Starlight Glimmer, in all her delicate radiance. She was sitting at a little table, there ahead of him as usual, just staring off into the day like her mind was somewhere else completely. Her mane undulated slightly in the soft afternoon breeze, and her shoulders moved gradually upwards and down in a slow sigh. He drank her in with his eyes, like a much needed glass of water. There she was, the mare who loved him.

Finally, someone did.

He sidled up to the table quietly, without her fully noticing, and stood there for a moment letting her daydream. Then, he softly cleared his throat with a cough, and she seemed to snap out of it. Her eyes darted immediately to Spike, and they widened with a sudden intensity. Her pupils dilated, and might as well have transformed into hearts.

“Spike!” she exclaimed in delight. “I was afraid you’d forgotten about me!”

She leaned over so that he could give her a swift peck on the cheek.

“I’d never do that,” he said warmly.

“But you were almost late.”

“I’m still five minutes early, my Starlight.”

She gave a small sigh that almost sounded chiding.

“Four point two four minutes, actually. You know I like it when you’re ten minutes early,” she whined. “I worry less about you running off and leaving.”

Spike smiled. It was nice to have someone worry about him.

“I’ll be even earlier next time then,” he said, giving her cheek another quick kiss.

Spike then moved over to the other side of the table, and seated himself neatly on the pink cushioned chair.

“So,” he said with a smile. “What would you like to do today?”

Glimmer seemed to brighten right back up.

“Well I was thinking we could go for a walk out in the hills for a bit, where it’s just the two of us!”

“Mh-hm, go on,” Spike said. He so enjoyed listening to her talk.

“Then we could get a picnic lunch, and be all alone, away from the rest of the world. No one else, no other sounds or thoughts or…”

Spike let his mind wander as he just sat there, gazing into Glimmer’s eyes. She was utterly lovely, and this was the first reciprocal romantic relationship he’d ever had. He was lucky, even though she always said that she was the lucky one. She was always looking out for him, making sure that no one bumped into him, or was mean to him, or even talked to him while they were on a date. She even kicked that one filly who told him he looked adorable, which was weird but also kinda endearing. He knew that he was her world, and that felt good. It certainly felt better than just being a friend who was babied or ignored all the time. He barely thought of Rarity at all anymore, actually. Okay, maybe occasionally in the shower.

“Uh… Spike?”

Spike’s eyes snapped back to the present. Starlight Glimmer was looking across the table at him with a sort of glare. Spike had a sinking sensation that he’d done something wrong.

“Oh, er, yes?” he stuttered out.

“You were looking past me,” Glimmer said frostily. “It was like you weren’t even listening to me or paying attention.”

The mare turned to look over her shoulder where Spike had apparently been staring. The young dragon realized that as his mind had wandered in daydream, his eyes must have done so a little too. Much to his dread, Glimmer’s eyes quickly fell upon a mare two tables over. When his companion turned back, her eyes were flickering like candle flames.

“Were you looking at her?”

“N-no! Of course not!” Spike nearly yelped.

“You don’t sound very confident in that answer.”

Spike quickly glanced at the other mare, trying to see if he recognized her.

“You just did it again!” Glimmer said, her voice rising.

“No! I was… just… just…”

“Just what, huh?” Glimmer said, rising to her feet.

A small swirl of magic storm began to move around their table, causing other ponies to watch in shock and concern.

“J-just…”

“Just thinking that I’m not good enough, huh?” Glimmer boomed, her eyes beginning to glow and well up with tears. “I try so hard for you, Spike. I want to be the best girlfriend ever, make you love me and only me. I have to have you, all the time, all to myself. Is that so wrong? Is that why you’re looking at other girls, thinking about them, wishing you were anyplace else than here? That I wasn’t so purple and that my personality should have more depth? Huh? HUH?”

“No!” Spike finally said, his voice pleading. “I was just thinking that she’s old, and ugly, and no where near as funny as you, and… and… how lucky I am!”

“…ugly? Old?”

“Yes! So old and ugly! The oldest and ugliest!”

Behind Glimmer, he saw the other mare’s face contort in a grimace of indigence.

“Y-yeah, well… you’re short,” she mumbled, too quietly for anyone to hear.

The storm began to subside, and Starlight Glimmer was left standing there, panting. She stared Spike down until the small dragon was feeling only inches high. Then, all at once, she let out a sigh and sat back down.

“Oh Spike,” she said, her voice instantly back, “I’m the lucky one! You’re just so cute I can’t help myself sometimes. I could never ever share you. You’re… you’re like a little muffin made of meat, I could just crunch you down in one bite!”

She made a kitty face at him, and then mimed biting sharply through the air.

“Th-thanks,” Spike said, breathing a long near-whistle of relief. “I love you too.”

“Anyway, as I was saying,” Glimmer went on, as if nothing had even happened. “We could go up to the hills! I know this great big oak tree we could sit under, it lets you look at all of Ponyville from far far away. And it’ll just be you and me, me and you, and—”

“I’m sorry for the wait!” the young waitress mare said briskly as she approached their table. “Let me get you both started with some waters. Is there anything else I can get you?”

She smiled at Glimmer, then at Spike. Spike smiled back, already knowing just what he’d order.

“Can I have the garnet infused late, with sapphire crumbs around the top of the mug? Please?”

“Sure thing,” the young, short-haired mare said brightly. “And what would you like, miss?”

Spike turned to Glimmer, but again saw that she was glaring at him. He felt a lump harden in his throat as he again sensed he’d done something wrong.

“I was talking to you,” she said to Spike. “Why did you stop talking to me to talk to this… this… whore!”

“Hey!” the waitress said, sounding notably hurt. "Who told you?"

“Sh-she was taking our order, my Starlight…” Spike said hesitantly. “I was just asking for a drink.”

“What, you couldn’t ask ME to get you a drink?”

“She works here!”

“I do, it’s true,” the waitress said with a shrug. “The pay could be better though.”

Spike could see tears again beginning to form in Glimmer’s eyes. There was a sinister glow there too, building quickly.

“I see how it is now,” Glimmer said darkly as she rose from her chair. The waitress mare was quickly backing away. “This is because I was added on last minute, wasn’t I? Just another character in your friend circle, put there suddenly and expected to be accepted? You still have trouble accepting me. It’s like I was thrown in as an afterthought, like a one-note plot device. Is that all I am to you? An afterthought? Even though I love you with every part of me, every inch of my soul, drop of my blood, fiber of my being? Like veins love syringes?”

“I-I love you too,” Spike squeaked.

Glimmer’s eyes narrowed, and the glow in them increased. Her horn too began to light up, and beside her napkin, still on the table, a butterknife began to glow as well.

“Spike,” she said, her voice almost haunting. “I really think we need to go on that walk in the hills now.”

“That… sounds… nice?”

“Yes, it will be nice,” she said, suddenly smiling. “It’ll be just you and me. Me and you. We can be together there, under that big oak tree. You can just lie there and I can… hang around with you. Protect you. Protect us.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“I won’t share you,” she said. “I can’t. You'll be only with me from now on. Forever.”

The butterknife levitated off the table, and fixed itself solidly in the air, in an aggressive stance. Spike had just enough time to leap up from the table with a cry of alarm, and begin to run away from the cafe. He glanced over his shoulder to see Starlight Glimmer chasing after him, the knife still raised.

“Spiiiike, come back!” she was calling. “I love you, let me show you how much I love you! I’ll… I’ll carve my name in your chest, and I’ll get a tattoo of your face, because that’s totally the same thing! It’s a butterknife, so it’ll go through you like butter!”

As Spike fled, he couldn’t help but cry. Even now, even as his beautiful girlfriend closed in on him with a knife at the ready, these were tears of joy. Because after so long of being alone, of getting no attention, after being used and neglected, of trying to learn fashion, of feeling no one cared…

At least now he knew someone loved him.


-END-

Author's Note:

Been a while since I wrote some good old-fashioned yandere. And my god, it was so much fun. I really was happy to write this story. To be clear, if anyone was questioning it, HOLY HELL THIS IS NOT WHAT A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP LOOKS LIKE. If someone starts acting like this towards you, RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!
...NO NOT THAT HILL!

This story was done as a commission for the wonderful Midnight Radiance! If you'd like to commission me as well, check my user page and blog posts. I might still be open to them!

-pencil

Comments ( 29 )

Starlight glimmer is so hot, I would be in an abusive relationship with her. Especially if death by snu snu.

Lol this was funny, I can see another one that is a flip where they both are super Yandere with each other. It would be funny, Spike ready to roast any guy that look at her and she ready to zap any girl that looks at him lol. Till they both decide to live in the middle of nowhere with just the two of them.

Even if it's weird and creepy, Starlight Glimmer x Spike is my favorite ship and I can't complain about stories being written for it.

9241045
...I will leave you to that. No glim glam for me!

9241053
I am glad it made you happy then. :P

9241049
That would be utterly terrifying!

Starlight is best waifu.

9241060
I know!!! Fun right lol. I think a story as well where Spike and Shy are dating but their dynamic is that they have a Dom/Sub thing. I can see it starting with the girls asking her about a collar she is wearing and she start to give them the details on her new relationship with her drake lol.

I could see a flip of that with Spike and Rarity for sure lol. She SOOO give off a mistress vibe if not her own little closeted Sub to her as well lol.

j͉̦͎̗̫̫͎̲̎͐̽ͬͩͦ̓̾u̗̝̎͗́ͅs̶̼̜͒ͥ̏̔̈ͣ͡t̞̱̑̈͒ͩ͘ ̧̼͆̑ͪ̃͊̇ͮͮ͠g̷̯͓̠̯̲̗̭̀͐l̠̤̭͙̱̮̦̽͗͗̚͟i̵͙͌͂͢͡m̡̪̮̝̘̱̙̹̼͑ͭ̋̌́̇̏̓͌͝m͖̮̝̬̈̃ͪͥͩͪe͍̙ͥ̍ͨ̍ͪ̇ͦ͋r͉̰̝͉̥̈́͆́


encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvO35dn94k5qKEiWBQ99usx7BE43pDWVQNR5WlYDFFLWoVTy6M

Sweet Celestia that was terrifying!

Get rid 'o that comedy tag!

9241237
It can be terrifying and funny! Terrifunny!

Wow, I love this fic!

Thanks! And I swear nothing is wrong with me because of that!:pinkiecrazy:

9241451
I LOVED WRITING THIS! Have no shame! :)

9241454
In that case, I shall embrace my insanity!

I just don't see the problem. Oh, sure she has some confidence and security issues and might be a bit homicidal.

But isn't it worth all that to have love?



Good and very funny, pencil. And remarkably filled with my worst horror.

Spike smiled. It was nice to have someone worry about him.

Spike, did you forget about Twilight already?

Now I hate spike a lot more

I wanted it to be longer :(

Love that Coverart though

I'm probably not right in the head, so I think I'll enjoy this a bunch.

That I wasn’t so purple and that my personality should have more depth?

10/10 best line holy shit

Was pretty good. I either didn't know it didn't remember your other yandere stories. Looks like I'm going on a treasure hunt.
-------

Spiked walk with a

No!” spike finally said

Spike

running off at leaving

and leaving (???)

he’d dome something

done

napkin, still not he table, a

the table (?????)

Okay, as interesting as that was... it was very disturbing. It's a sign of a very unhealthy relationship when knives are ever involved.

Least she didn't say rut sex.

9241357
I agree . . . but that's my opinion of this particular story.

Four point two four minutes, actually.

It appears Starlight makes too good of apprentice for Twilight Sparkle.

Her horn too began to light up, and beside her napkin, still on the table, a butterknife began to glow as well.

pre00.deviantart.net/04b5/th/pre/i/2017/318/8/5/starlight_glimmer_kill_you_with_cute_face___by_marenlicious-dbtsrnb.png

Can't stop laughing my head off

Should do this with princess Twilight Sparkle's as well since we all know Twilight cannot live without spike by her side. Twilight loves spike but so much that she may go off the deep end of sanity just to make sure spike cannot leave her ever. And instead of killing spike Twilight may kill everyone else so its just her and spike. And they both will live forever so its not like spike can out age her. Oh you should do it like that Spike is writing in his journal (when Twilight is still a Unicorn) about how Twilight is overprotective of him. Spike is the only one who knows twilgiht is crazy in love with him, however no one not even Celestia believes him that Twilight has an unheathly love for him, As it its easy for Twilght to make it look nothing is happening good or bad between her and Spike. And at first spike is certain while he still loves her he can out age Twilight who would have died of old age not that he hates her.
But then as the mlp timeline goes on twilight turns into an alicorn and then Twilght makes it known to spike that now she will live as long as spike can. After all she knew spike was gonna live longer then she could but now that she is an Alicron princess Twilight and Spike can be together forever. And Twilight may give that creepy smile to Spike.

Starlight is so OOC, she’s not that bad, she’s pretty sane when she’s reformed. I respect your opinion if you disagree.

9820411
I would totally read this!

Login or register to comment