• Published 28th Oct 2018
  • 4,587 Views, 34 Comments

My Little Pony: The Wingless Knight - Aegis Spirit



One day, a young thestral pony wakes up in the Ponyville Hospital with neither memory nor wings.

  • ...
8
 34
 4,587

Chapter 1: Friendship is Magic: Part 1[Un-Edited]

I waited outside in town for Twilight to arrive. Unfortunately, Princess didn’t say exactly where I was supposed to meet Twilight. While I was waiting, I couldn’t help but think about the dream I had last night. It felt so real and I could remember every detail. Before, I could only vaguely remember my dreams, and that alicorn. There was something familiar about her, but I couldn’t put my tongue on it.

I quickly shook my head and decided to worry about it later. Suddenly, I heard flapping above me. I looked up the sky and noticed a golden chariot being pulled be two Royal Guards ponies. Inside the chariot, I spotted a beautiful unicorn with a light purple coat and purple mane with raspberry streaks. I thought to myself shockingly, ‘Why the hay did I think that she’s beautiful, it’s bad enough that I have a small crush on.’ My thoughts were halted when I saw the chariot descending near the town square.

When I made my way there, I noticed the purple mare, whom I assumed was Twilight Sparkle, talking to Pinkie Pie. The next I knew, Pinkie zipped right past me. I wondered why she left so quickly. Resuming my goal I walked back over to the unicorn mare. I then noticed a young dragon standing next to her. The dragon’s scales were light blue with green spikes. For some reason, he was just as familiar to me as well as Twilight. “Excuse me, are you Twilight Sparkle?” I asked.

She and the dragon turned to me with unsure looks, most likely probably because of my sunglasses and hoodie. “Um... yes, I assume your Shade.” She responded.

I nodded “I am, The Princess asked me to be your guide here in Ponyville for the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration. Is there anywhere you would like to start?” I asked smiling, trying to be as professional as possible for the Princess’s personal student.

“Yes, the first is the banquet preparations.” She said. “Very well, if you would follow me, I’ll take you to Sweet Apple Acres.” I said, gesturing them to follow.

After we exited the town, I looked over at the young dragon. “So, mind if you introduce who are by the way? Sorry I didn’t ask earlier.” I asked with respect.

The dragon looked up at me and smiled. “Oh... I’m Spike, Twilight’s number one assistant.” He said proudly. I was impress, I didn’t think Twilight would have an assistant, and a dragon at that. Though like before, the way he said it sounded familiar.

“Well, I bet Twilight’s glad to have an assistant as good as you Spike.” I said. Spike chuckled a little.

“Thanks Shade, but is it ok if I ask something personal.” He requested worriedly. I glanced over at Twilight, it looked like she was in her own thoughts.

“Sure Spike.” I said to him. He looked at me with a concerned look.

“Well, I was wondering where'd you got those scars?” He asked. I placed a hoof on the scar on my cheek when he asked me that and sighed. “I got these from a timberwolf attack seven years ago.” I responded him.

Twilight stopped and looked at me in shock. “What, that’s terrible!” She yelled. I just continued walking glancing down. “Yeah, not only that, I ended up losing my memories when one of them slammed my head through a tree.” I complained. Twilight and Spike walked up next to me. “Shade, I’m so sorry that happened to you.” She said to me. I looked up at her smiling.

“Don’t worry about it Twilight, oh, there’s Sweet Apple Acres.” I said when I spotted the farm.

Spike got out a piece of paper and quill from celestia knows where. “Summer Sun Celebration official overseer checklist. Number one, banquet preparations, Sweet Apple Acres.” He said as we past by the gate of the farm. We heard somepony yell “Ye Ha,” and I knew who it belonged to. We turned our heads to Applejack running to a apple tree and bucked it. The apples from the tree then came falling down. Pleased with her work, Applejack placed one hoof over the other. I noticed Twilight sighing as she walked toward Applejack.

“Ha, lets get this over with.” She said with disinterest. I turned towards Spike, and like me, he had a worried look on his face before we walked up with her. “Good afternoon, my name is Twilight Sparkle.” Said Twilight. Applejack grabbed her hoof and shook it vigorously. “Well howdy do miss Twilight, a pleasure making your acquaintance. I’m Applejack; we here in Sweet Apple Acre sure do like making new friends.” Said Applejack enthusiastically, still shaking Twilight’s hoof. “Friends? Actually I...” Twilight didn’t finished as Applejack let her hoof go. “So, what can I do you for? I’m guessing your the one Shade’s looking out for.” She asked winking at us. Twilight was still shaking her hoof nonstop until Spike put his claws on it and giggled. I decided to speak up. “Yeah, I’m just guiding Twilight to where the preparation are.” I explained. “Yes, I am in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, and your in charge of the food?” Twilight said pointing at Applejack. “We sure as sugar are. Would you care to sample some?” Applejack asked. Personally, I was hoping Twilight would agree, The Apple family food are the best. “Ah, as long as it doesn’t take to long.” Twilight replied, but Applejack already ran next to a dinner bell.

She rang it and yelled. “Soups on everypony.” The next thing we knew, we were being swarmed by a stampede of ponies. We ended up at a table, and Applejack appeared next to us. “Now, why don’t I introduce you all to the Apple family.” Twilight looked a little reluctant. “Thanks, but I really need to hurry.” She said, but to no avail. Applejack just began introducing Spike and her to the entire family. “This here’s Apple Fritter, Apple Bumpkin, Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp, ‘catching her breath’, Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith. Up’n’att’um Granny Smith, We got guests, and Shade came by for a visit.” Granny Smith got up and walked over us mumbling. I looked at Twilight and her mouth was full of food each of the Apple family relatives gave her. Applejack put her foreleg over Twilight’s back and said, “Why, I’d say they’re already part of the family, like Shade here.”

I smiled sincerely when Applejack included me as well. I’ve always considered the Apples to be my family since they took me in. Twilight on the other hoof, spitted all the food the food out. “Okay well, I can see the food situation is handled so we’ll be on our way.” She said. I didn’t want to miss the family reunion, but I guess we still need to check on the remaining preparation. “Arn’t ya gonna stay for brunch?” Said Apple bloom, using her ultimate power. Her sad, adorable, puppy dog eyes. For as long as I can remember, I have never been able to resist Apple Bloom’s weapon.

“Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do.” Said Twilight. Everypony awed in disappointment. “Fine.” Said Twilight reluctantly. Everypony was excited that we decided to stay for a while. Granny Smith told Twilight and Spike how I saved Applejack from Timberwolves. Twilight and Spike was amazed that I sacrificed my wings for Applejack. I only wish I could remember it, even if it included the pain.

After having brunch, we went back to Ponyville for the next preparation. Spike had no trouble scarfing down the food, Twilight was not so fortunate though. She was having difficulty walking with her stomach full. “Food’s all taken care of, next is weather.” Said Spike check off catering on the list. “Ahhh, I ate too much pie.” Twilight complained. Couldn’t blame her, she looks like her stomach was about burst out. “Hm, there’s supposed to be a pegasus pony name Rainbow Dash clearing the clouds.” Spike said looking up. Twilight and I looked up as well, seeing that there are still clouds in the sky.

“Well, she’s not doing a very good job is she.” Said Twilight. I was about abject until I heard the wind whistling. I watched a rainbow blur flew past me and rammed Twilight into the mud. I saw that the blur was Rainbow Dash laying on Twilight. Rainbow Dash off her and I helped Twilight up. Both of them are covered in mud.

Rainbow Dash chuckled a little. “Uh excuse me.” I couldn’t believe it, I was responsible for Twilight’s well being, and one of my best friends rammed into her. “Haha, let me help.” Rainbow Dash said flying off. She brought over a dark cloud over Twilight and I. She then started bouncing on it and rain came down on use. Even though the mud off Twilight, both of us were soaked. “Oops, I guess I over did it.” ‘Gee, ya think,’ I thought to myself, and I’m pretty sure Twilight thought the same. “Um how about this. My very own patted rainblow dry. No no, don’t think me. Your quite welcome.” She said without realizing we were not pleased.

Twilight’s mane and tail was puffy, as was my tail. Luckily, I was wearing my hoodie, so my mane was spared. Rainbow Dash and Spike only found it funny and keeled over laughing. “Lemme guess, Your Rainbow Dash.” Twilight said with a annoyed look. “Yup that’s her.” I responded . Rainbow Dash got up, knocking Spike to the ground. “The one and only. Why, ya heard of me.” Rainbow Dash asked, flying over us. “I heard you were supposed to be keeping the sky clear. I’m Twilight Sparkle, and the Princess sent me to check on the weather.” She said.

“Ya ya, that’ll be a snap. I’ll do it in a jiffy. Just as soon I’m done practicing.” Rainbow said laying on a cloud. “Practicing for what?” Twilight asked. There was only one group of ponies I could think of the Rainbow Dash would train for. Only because she never stops talking about them. “The Wonderbolts. There gonna perform at the Celebration tomorrow, and I’m gonna show them my stuff.” She said doing a flip. “The Wonderbolts?” Asked Twilight. “Yup.” Rainbow Dash responded. “The most talented flyers in all of Equestria.” “That’s them.” “Pff, please. They’d never accept a pegasus who can’t keep the sky clear for one measly day.” Exclaimed Twilight.

I looked at Twilight and sighed. “Twilight, Rainbow Dash is the best flyer in Ponyville, there’s not a single pegasus I can think of that’s better than her.” I told her. “Yeah, I can clear the sky in ten seconds flat.” Rainbow Dash claimed.

“Prove it.” Said Twilight smugly. I had my own smirk, knowing Rainbow was about to prove it. Rainbow Dash began knocking one cloud after the other in style. She finished it while saying, “loop a Loop around and wham. What I say, ten seconds flat. I never leave Ponyville hanging.” I looked at Twilight and Spike and saw they looked at Rainbow Dash in aww. “Haha, you should see the look on your face. Ha, your a laugh Twilight Sparkle. I can’t wait to hangout some more.” Rainbow Dash said before she flew off.

“Wow, she’s amazing.” Said Spike, who quickly started playing with Twilight’s messy hair giggling. Twilight was irritated by him and started walking away. “Wait, it’s kinda pretty once you get used to it.” Spike said, attempting to cheer her up I sighed a little, the weather was done, but Twilight's mane was a mess thanks to Rainbow Dash. Then an idea came to my head, there was one pony I know that can fix this. “Twilight, mind if we head to town hall next? It’s where the decors are.” I asked her. “Fine, let’s make it quick.” She responded, as we headed to town hall.

Inside, everything was already completed. “Decorations, Beautiful.” Spike said, checking decors off the list. Everything was beautiful, thanks to a certain pony. “Yes, the decor is coming along nicely. This ought to be quick. I’ll be in the library in no time; beautiful indeed.” Said Twilight admiring the decorations.

“Not the decor; her.” Spike said pointing at a pony in the middle of the room. That pony was Rarity deciding on a color of ribbon. I hope she has time to fix Twilight’s mane. “How are my spines, are they straight.” Spike asked, with love hearts in his eyes.” Twilight and I just rolled our eyes at the dragon. Guess Rarity got an admire.

“Good afternoon.” Twilight said, trying to get Rarities attention. “Just a moment please; I’m in the zone as it were. Oh, yes! Sparkle always does the trick, does it not? Why Rarity, you are a talent.” Rarity said as sh tied a red sparkling ribbon on a poll. “Now um, how can I help you aah-ha-ha! Oh my stars darling, what ever happened to your coiffure.” Rarity Asked in shock at Twilights mane.

“Oh, you mean my mane. Well it’s a long story. I’m just here to check on the preparations then I’ll be out of your hair.” Said Twilight.

“Out of my hair, what about your hair.” Rarity said as she’s pushing Twilight. Unfortunately, Twilight didn’t like it.

“Wait; where are we going. Help.” Twilight begged, but Spike just started floating and used his tail and a propeller. I looked at him in surprise, the only pony I know that could do that was Pinkie. ‘Oh what have I done.’ I thought. I should’ve known Rarity would be this way.

We made our to Rarities shop where she was giving Twilight new clothes. “No, too green; too yellow; too puffy; not puffy enough; too brilliant; too shiny.” Rarity said as she put different cloths on Twilight. Meanwhile, I was busy brushing my tail. “Now go on my dear, you were telling me where you’re from.” Rarity said as she was tightening the clothe Twilight was wearing. Twilight was having trouble breathing from this. “I’ve been sent from Canterlot too...” She didn’t finished when Rarity suddenly let go clothe Twilight was wearing.

“Canterlot, oh I’m am so envious; the glamour, the sophistication. I’ve alway’s dreamed of living there. I can’t wait to hear all about it. We are gonna be the best of friends you and I.” Rarity said with gleam. Twilight didn’t seem onboard of it though. Rarity looked at the gem in the middle of Twilight’s clothing. “Emerald; what was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies.” Rarity said when she spotted the gem in the clothing Twilight was wearing.

Taking the moment, I stopped her. “I’m sorry Rarity, but we’re on a tight schedule and really need to check on the last preparation.” I told her. “But I was hoping too...” Rarity tried to counter, but I didn’t let her. “Rarity, if somepony tried to, um, postpone you from finishing a order, how would you feel?” I asked her, trying to get her to let Twilight go.” Rarity looked at Twilight with concern. “Oh my, I’m sorry darling, I didn’t realize.” Apologized Rarity. Twilight took off her clothing. “It’s fine, thanks for fixing my mane though.” Said Twilight. With that we left Rarity’s shop and headed to the last preparation.

“I’m sorry that took longer than I thought, Twilight.” I apologize as we head to her. “It’s fine Shade, at least my mane is back to normal, and Spike seemed to have enjoyed himself.” Twilight said looking at Spike on her back, whom was still thinking about Rarity in bliss. “Wasn’t she wonderful.” Spike said leaning back.

“Focus Casanova, what’s next on the list?” Twilight asked, bringing Spike back to Equestria. The dragon looked at the list. “Oh um, music, it’s the last one.” Suddenly, we heard birds chirping a harmonious song.

We peered through a bush to see where the song was coming from We saw Fluttershy orchestrating the choir of birds. “Oh my, um, stop please everyone. Excuse me sir, I mean no offense, but your rhythm is a teeny tiny bit off.” Said Fluttershy flying back down. “Now follow me please. A one, a two, a one two three.” They began until they were interrupted. “Hello” Twilight called.

They stopped and the birds flew away. Fluttershy looked down on us and I stared at Twilight with a ‘really’ look. “Oh my, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten your birds. I was just checking on the music. I just here to check up on the music and it sounded beautiful.” Twilight said as Fluttershy descended. Fluttershy didn’t say anything and an awkward silence followed.

“I’m Twilight Sparkle.” She introduced herself. We waited for a moment for Fluttershy to introduce herself, but she didn’t. “What’s your name?” Asked Twilight. “Um... I’m Fluttershy.” Said Fluttershy, but in an extremely soft voice. I remember being given the same introduction when I first met her. “I’m sorry, what was that?” She asked. Knowing how shy Fluttershy is, I figured I’d do her a favor. “She said her name is Fluttershy, she cares for the animals around Ponyville.” I told Twilight politely. “Oh, nice to meet you Fluttershy.” Twilight said to her, though Fluttershy was still being reserved.

Shortly after, all the birds came back to the tree. “Well um, it looks like your birds are back so I guess everything’s in order. Keep up the good work.” Twilight said, trying to ignoring the awkwardness. Fluttershy just returned a mumble. “Okay.” Twilight said as she began walking back. “I’ll See ya later Fluttershy.” I said while turning around. She simply nodded.

“Well that was easy.” Twilight said to Spike as he was walking out of the bush. Fluttershy then beamed to light. “A baby dragon.” I heard Fluttershy say in joy. I turned around to see her fly over and knocked Twilight aside. “Oh I’ve never seen a baby dragon before. He’s so cute.” Fluttershy said to Spike as I was helping Twilight up. “Well well well.” Spike said enjoying the attention. “Oh my, he talks. I didn’t know dragons can talk. It’s just so incredibly wonderful. I... I don’t even know what to say.” Fluttershy said flying. I was kinda surprise at first, because Fluttershy has a fear of dragons. I suppose since Spike’s a baby, she doesn’t mind.

After I helped Twilight up, her horn glowed and levitated Spike on her back. “Well in that case we better be going.” Twilight said as she began walking away. I wondered why she wanted to go to the library so bad. I shrugged it off and decided to follow her.

Fluttershy came up to us as we walk. “Wait, what’s his name?” She asked in a cheerful voice. “I’m Spike.” He answered. “Hi Spike, I’m Fluttershy. Wow, a talking dragon, and what do dragons talk about.” She asked. “Absolutely everything.” Twilight groaned at this. I had to admit, even I was interested in Spike’s tale.

“Well, I started out as a cute little purple and green egg.” Spike started. Throughout the entire walk, Spike was telling Fluttershy his entire life story, while I was listening in.
When we were almost at the library, tore my attention away from Spike and looked Twilight. “Hey Twilight.” I said getting her attention. “Yes, Shade.” She said without looking at me. “Just to let you know, You and Spike will be sleeping in the master bedroom.” I told her.

Twilight looked at me in surprise. “Really, um are you sure.” I simply nodded. “Though I am going have to find a place for Spike to sleep.” I said. I turned my head towards Spike, and it looks like he was finishing up.

“And that’s the story of whole in tire life. Well, up until today. Do you want to hear about today?” Spike asked. “Oh yes please.” Fluttershy answered in glee.

Twilight then turned around at a speed that would impress Rainbow Dash. “I am so sorry, how did we get here so fast. This is where I’m staying while in Ponyville and my poor baby dragon needs his sleep.” Twilight said in a forced smile. “No I don’t...” Spike tried to object but was thrown off.

“Aww look at that. He’s so sleepy he can’t even keep his little balance.” Twilight said while Spike gave her a displeasing look. Fluttershy then scooped Spike up into the air. “Poor thing, we simply must get him too bed.” She said as she flew inside the library. Twilight hurried in and pushed Fluttershy out.

“Yes yes, we’ll get right on that. Well goodnight.” She said before closing the door. I Couldn’t believe Twilight my own home. Ok technically, the first floor is opened to the public, but still. I look at fluttershy in concern. “Fluttershy, I am so sorry about that.” I said. She shook her head smiling. “Don’t worry Shade, Twilight probably wants to make sure Spike gets his sleep.” Fluttershy said. That’s what makes Fluttershy so amazing, she sees the good in everypony.

I walked up the door and knocked on it. “Twilight, I live here.” I said sternly. Twilight opened the door and smiled nervously. “Sorry about that.” She said as she moves away from the door. I walked in and the lights were turned off. Since I was still wearing my sunglasses, I could barely make out the shapes of Twilight and Spike.

“Huh, rude much.” Spike said. “Agreed, Twilight Sparkle, I hope you have a good reason for acting that way toward Fluttershy.” I said in slight anger. “Sorry Spike and Shade, but I have to convince the Princess that Nightmare Moon is coming, and we’re running out of time. I just need to be alone so I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time. Now wheres the light?” Twilight said looking around. Wait, what was part about Nightmare Moon.

Suddenly, the lights came on, and the room was filled with ponies. We jumped up slightly in surprise.

“Surprise!” Everypony in the room yelled with confetti and balloons going everywhere. Twilight reacted to this by groaning. I was think why all these ponies are here. Then it hit me, there’s only one pony that would throw this party.

“Surprise!” Said Pinkie Pie coming out of nowhere.”Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you. Were you surprise, were you huh, huh, huh?” She said jumping around.

“Very surprise, libraries are suppose to be quiet.” Twilight said in annoyance. “Well that’s silly. What kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean duh, boring. You see, I saw you when first got here. You were like hello and I was like gasp. Remember? You see I never saw you before, and if I never seen you before, that meant your new, because I know everypony and I mean everypony in Ponyville, and if your new, and that you haven’t met anyone yet and if you haven’t met anyone yet, that meant you don’t have any friends, and if you don’t have any friends then you must be lonely and that made me so sad and I had an idea, and that’s why I went, gasp, I just throw a great big ginormous super duper spectacular welcome party, and invite everyone in ponyville. See? And now you have lots and lots of friends.” Pinkie said over joyously, while Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy showed up.

While Pinkie was talking, Twilight took a sip of her drink she got from a nearby table through a straw. She turned around and I noticed he mouth was red and sweating.

“Um, are you alright sugercube?” Applejack said sharing our concern.

Twilight jumped up with her hair turning into fire and ran up stairs.

“Aww, she’s so happy, she’s crying.” Pinkie said smiling. “I’m pretty sure pretty sure that isn’t the reason Pinkie.” I told her.

As Twilight was heading to her room, Spike pick up the bottle Twilight poured into her drink. “Hot Sauce.” Spike Said reading the label. Why in Equestria was hot sauce there.

Pinkie tipped the hot sauce bottle over one of the cup cakes and covered it. She then picked it up and at it in one bit. We all looked at her questionably. “What? It’s good.” She said with her mouth full.

Everypony was having a blast at the party. Unfortunately, I wasn’t enjoying the party. I kept thinking what Twilight meant earlier about Nightmare Moon. I remember reading about the Mare in the Moon years ago. That’s when it hit me. The alicorn in my dream last night matches the descriptions of Nightmare Moon. I got out of my spot walked over to the stairs. Before I reached them however, Pinkie appeared right next to me. I swear I will never figure her out.

“Hey Shade, where’re you going?” Pinkie asked. I didn’t want to worry Pinkie if it was a mistake so I told her a part of the reason. “I’m just going to check on Twilight.” I told her. “Oh, Spike already went up there to see if she want’s to play pin the tail on the pony. You wanna play?” Pinkie said asked smiling. “Oh, um maybe later. I also wanted to see how she thought the tour was. You know, me being her guide and all.” I said nervously. I hated having to lie to one of my friends, but I didn’t want them thinking I’m overreacting. “Ok.” Pinkie said as she went back to the game.

I climbed upstairs to the master bedroom where Twilight was sleeping. Before I reached the door, I overheard Spike talking to Twilight. “It’s the eve of the Summer Sun Festival. Everypony has to stay up, or they’ll miss the Princess raise the sun. You really should lighten up Twilight. It’s a party.” Spike said as he left the room and bumped into me by accident. I noticed he had a lamp shade over his head for some reason.

“Shade, what’re doing here?” Spike asked. “I just need to check on Twilight for something.” I told After Spike passed me, I went into the main bedroom. The room had two floors, the top where the be was, and the bottom where the study area was.

“Hey Twilight.” I said. Twilight turned around and saw me. “‘Sigh’ Yes, Shade.” Twilight said in annoyance. “I need to know if what you said about Nightmare Moon is true?” I asked in concern. Twilight looked at me with eyes wide open.

“You believe me?” She asked. I simply nodded “Yes, you see, legend has it on the longest day on the thousandth year. The stars will aid n her escape, and she will bring about everlasting night. I hope the Princess was right. I hope it really is an old pony tale.” Twilight said looking up on the moon with a unicorn image on it through a window. I climbed the stair case to the top of the room and looked at her. “Actually Twilight, I believe Nightmare Moon is returning.” I told her. She turned her head in surprise. “Really, but why?” She asked. I was hesitant, but decided to tell her. “Promise you won’t freak out.” I asked. she nodded her head questionably.

I sat down next to her and took off my hoodie, revealing me bat ears. Twilight gasped in shock as I continue taking off my sunglasses, showing her my eyes. “You see, Thestrals are followers of the Mare on the Moon. Last Night, I had a dream about her, there were others like me. Nightmare said she’s returning and the night will last forever.” I told her as I was looking down.

I preyed Twilight didn’t think I was one of Nightmare’s followers or fear for thestrals. When I looked up at Twilight, and was surprised at what I saw. She started crying a little.

“Cr... Crest Shield.” Twilight whispered. I froze at what she called me. For some reason, that name just felt right.

“You know who I am?” I asked, thinking it was too good to be true. Twilight nodded. Now it makes sense. That’s why Twilight and Spike are so familiar to me.

“Yes, but I thought you... you.” Twilight didn’t finish as she tried to wipe away her tears. failing. What was she trying to tell me. I walked over to a cabinet and brought out a box of tissues. I took one out and gave it to Twilight, who took it with her magic.

“Twilight, please tell me who I am?” I asked gently. I wanted to know about my past, but I still tried to considered what Twilight was feeling. Twilight wiped away all her tear and looked at me while smiling.

“You were my first closest friend I ever made. We made a promise to each other when we were younger.” Twilight said.

When Twilight mentioned we made a promise, I started remembering something. It was of me and a younger Twilight making the promise. Like a fog being lifted.

“I remember now, we promised while you became the greatest sorceress. I would become the greatest knight.” I told her.

Twilight smiled in hope and hugged me. “It’s really you, no pony else knew about the promise.” Twilight said softly. I returned the warm hug. I finally met somepony from my past. That was short lived however when I heard the door open.

I glanced over at the door and it was Spike. “Come on Twilight and Shade. It’s time to watch the sunrise. Spike said, gesturing us to follow. He then noticed that Twilight and I were still hugging. “Well, aren’t you two getting to know each other better.” Spike said to us. Twilight and I looked at each other and let go while blushing.

“Spike, it’s not what you think.” Twilight told Spike. He just giggled at this. “Really, because it looked like you two were...” Spike drifted off when he got a good look at me reaching the stair. His jaw dropped in shock. “You... you look like.” Spike said stuttering.

I looked towards Twilight, who closed Spike’s jaw. “Spike, I’ll explain later, right now we need to see the Princess.” She said. “To convince her about Nightmare Moon, right?” I asked. Twilight turned to me. “Yes, but also something else.” She said. “Really? What else?”. I asked, trying to come up with a reason. “I think it’s best if I show you to the Princess.” She said smiling.

“Um...ok.” I said putting my sunglasses and hoodie on. Why did she need to show me to the Princess.

We exited the library and made our way to the Town Hall where the celebration was being held. Pinkie came up to use out of nowhere, as usual. “Isn’t this exciting. Are you excited, because I’m excited! I’ve never been so excited! Well except for the time I saw you walking into town and I went ‘gasp’. I mean really, who can top that!?” Pinkie said to Twilight.

The birds started singing being orchestrated by Fluttershy. The main light were focused on the stage were Mayor mare was. “Fillies and Gentlecolts, as Mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration.” She said. Everypony started hollering excitement except Twilight, Spike and I. “In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise and celebrate this, the longest day of the year. And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land. The very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day. The good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria, Princess Celestia.” Mayor Mare announced. The birds started singing again. I looked up and notices Rarity up there pulling the curtains.

The main light focused on the balcony where the Princess was supposed to be, but she wasn’t. Everypony started whispering to about where the Princess is. “This can’t be good.” Twilight said worryingly. I looked up at the moon and was shocked. The unicorn image on it was gone.

“Remain calm everypony. There must be a reasonable explanation.” Mayor Mare said trying to calm everypony down.

Pinkie started jumping. “Oh oh, I love games. Is she hiding?” Pinkie said looking around. I know I should expect this of her, but I still couldn’t guess what she thinks. Rarity walked up the the edge of the balcony. “She’s gone.” She said.

Everypony gasped in shock.

“Oh she’s good.” Pinkie said. I sigh at her being oblivious. She then screamed looking up. I tuned my eyes to the balcony, and saw a purple smoke form. Everypony gasped at it.

“Oh no.” I heard Twilight whispered.

The next thing that happened was terrible, the purple mist revealed a black alicorn with a translucent purple main, and sharp silver eyes. The same alicorn from my dream.

“Nightmare Moon.” Twilight said. Spike fainted at the sight of Nightmare Moon.

“Oh, my beloved subjects. It’s been so long since I’ve seen your precious little sun loving faces.” She said, glancing over everypony else.”

“What did you do with our Princess.” Rainbow Dash demanded flying up. Only to have Applejack hold her back clinging onto her tail with her teeth.

“Ha ha ha. Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don’t you know who I am?” Nightmare asked in anger.”

“Oh, oh, more guessing games. Um, Smokey Smokes, how about Queen Meanie, no, Black Snooty, Black Snooty!” Pinkie said, luckily, Applejack shoved a cup cake in her mouth.

“Does my crown no longer count now I’ve been imprisoned for a thousand years. Did you not recall the legend. Did you not see the signs.” Nightmare Moon as she got close to Fluttershy then Rarity.

“I did and I know who your are. Your the Mare in the Moon. Nightmare Moon.” Said Twilight. Everypony gasped in shock.

“Well well well, somepony who remembers me. And you also know why I’m here.” Nightmare Moon said.

“Your here to... to.” Twilight stutter as she looks around the room nervously. I decided to speak up.

“Your here to bring everlasting night.” I told Nightmare Moon with determination.

“Ah another pony who knows of me.” She said in pride.

“Yeah, from the dream you casted last night.” I told her. Nightmare looked confused. “That’s not possible, I only casted that dream for my loyal subjects.” Nightmare Moon said. I took off my hoodie and sunglasses to show her what I am. Nightmare Moon was surprise to say the least. “Your a thestral, what happened to your wings?” Nightmare Moon asked narrowing her sight at me.

“Lost them, and just because I’m a bat pony, doesn’t mean I’m one of your followers.” I told her. “So, another Thestral who dares betray me.” Nightmare Moon said angrily. “Can’t betray you if I wasn’t with you to begin with.” I commented back. Nightmare Moon snarled at this, but regained her composer.

“Hm hm hm, well no matter. Remember this day little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever! Ha ha ha ha ha!” She laughed as the purple translucent smoke became a storm, shooting out lightning.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took me a while. College life stinks. Also not sure how to say the word Rarity use to describe Twilight's mane.