• Published 28th Oct 2018
  • 4,587 Views, 34 Comments

My Little Pony: The Wingless Knight - Aegis Spirit



One day, a young thestral pony wakes up in the Ponyville Hospital with neither memory nor wings.

  • ...
8
 34
 4,587

Chapter 13: Call of the Cutie

I spent time cleaning up the Dojo for tomorrows classes. As I got done washing the windows, I noticed Applejack coming up to the front door. Setting my towel to the side, I walked over to the door and opened it. “Hey, Applejack. How’s your day going?” I asked her.

“Just dandy, Crest. Though I was wondering if ya could pick up Apple Bloom from school. I’m have a lot of work in the farm.” She asked me.

“Sure, Applejack. Just let me lock the doors, and I’ll head over there.” I replied.

“Thanks. I’ll save an apple pie for you later.” Applejack told me before heading back to the farm. I went over to the counter got the key, went outside, and locked the door behind me.

Apple Bloom goes to the Ponyville Schoolhouse, which was a school for fillies. As I got to the school, the bell on top of the roof started ringing. The front door flew open with small ponies running out. The last filly walking out was Apple Bloom, though I noticed she was looking a bit down. One of her classmates, Twist I believe, walked next to her. She has scarlet hair with a amber coat, wearing blue glasses.

“Want something sweet? I’ve got some peppermint sticks. I made them myself” Twist asked Apple Bloom, trying to cheer her up.

“Mnh-mhn.” Apple Bloom shook her head, still depressed. I wonder if something bad happened at school. I walked up to her and Twist.

“Hey, Apple Bloom.” I greeted.

Apple Bloom looked up at me with a bit of surprise. “Crest! What are you doing?” She asked.

“Applejack asked if I could walk you home from school. Speaking of which, did anything happen? You seem a bit down.” I asked her.

Apple Bloom frowned a bit, but before saying anything, two fillies walked up behind her. One of them has light violet mane with a magenta coat and a tiara on her head. The other filly has a azureish gray mane with a bluish gray coat, wearing opal color glasses. If I recall correctly, their names are Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Apparently, Apple Bloom has quite a problem with those two.

“I don’t know why we had to sit through a lecture about getting a cutie mark. I mean, waiting for your cutie mark is so last week. “You got yours. I got mine. We all have them already. I mean, almost all of us have them already.” Diamond Tiara said, rubbing it in at Apple Bloom and Twist. “Don’t worry, you two, you’re still totally invited to my cure-ceañera this weekend.

“It’s going to be amazing.” Silver Spoon said.

“It’s a party celebrating me and my fantastic cutie mark. How can it not be.” Diamond Tiara gloated. Okay, now she was starting to get on my nerve.

“Don’t you two have to go home?” I told them, a little irritated.

Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara just scoffed and turned away from us. “See you this weekend…” Silver Spoon told them before laughing. “Blank flanks!”

I only huffed in anger at those two. Who do they think they are insulting Apple Bloom and Twist like that. Apple Bloom and Twist looked about “Don’t worry about those two. I’m sure you’ll get your cutie marks one day.” I told them, though they didn’t seem convince.

“Well, I have to go home now. See ya tomorrow Apple Bloom.” Twist told her before running of.

I walked Apple Bloom back to Sweet Apple Acres. We didn’t say much as the filly was still depressed about her cutie mark. Hopefully, Applejack will be able to cheer her up somehow. By the time we reached the farm, we found Applejack bucking trees, causing the apples to fall. We walked over to her and Apple Bloom told her of what happened at school.

“It’s not fair! It’s just not fair!” Apple Bloom complained to her sister and I.

Applejack scoffed. “Don’t get your mane in a tangle. You’ll get your cutie mark. Everypony gets one eventually.” She told her sister before picking up an apple from the ground with her teeth and placing it in a bucket full of apples.

“But I don’t want one eventually. I want one right now! I can’t go to Diamond Tiara’s cute-ceañera without one. I just can’t!” Apple Bloom continued to complain.

“Course you can. You know, I was the last pony in my class to get cutie mark, and I couldn’t be prouder of it. I knew my future was to run sweet apple acres, and these bright, shiny apples sealed the deal. Come to think of it, Granny Smith was the last one in her class, too. Huh. Same with Big Macintosh.” Applejack realized.

“I really don’t see how that’s supposed to make me feel better. It probably means that being the last one in your class to get a cutie mark runs in the family.” Apple Bloom slumps over a bucket of apples before realizing something. “Runs in the family? Runs in the family! Runs in the family! You’ve got apples for your cutie mark. Granny Smith has an apple pie. Big Macintosh has an apple half. My unique talent must have something to do with apples! Apples, apples, apples!” She exclaimed in excitement as the young filly was jumping up and down before falling into a bucket of apples. The little filly sighed nervously. “Apples.” Apple Bloom laughed.

I chuckled a bit at her excitement. “Well, she has to start somewhere. Should we try selling them?” I asked Applejack.

Applejack nodded in agreement and went to get her apple cart. We pulled the cart in the market place to try to sell some apples. She and her sister wore their white aprons.

“Get your delicious nutritious apples here.” Applejack yelled to any passing pony as Apple Bloom balanced an apple on her head.

“Delicious and Nutritious and so manny uses.” Apple Bloom called out as well before chomping on the apple. “You can eat ‘em, play with ‘em.” She continued as she threw a apple in the air, and split it into pieces with a tennis racket.

“Hey! Watch it!” Though it looked like some of the pieces fell on somepony.

Apple Bloom then picked up another apple. “Create fine art for you home with ‘em.” She said as she kicked the apple towards a art pony’s white canvas. Which he looked very annoyed “You’d have to be crazy not to get a bushel of your very own.” She said as Applejack and I pulled her to us.

Applejack chucked a bit. “She’s so creative.” She told the pony as I was holding onto Apple Bloom. Unfortunately, she slipped out under my leg.

“You, sir! Care to buy some apples?” Apple Bloom asked the stallion as she followed him.

“Uh, no, thanks.” He politely denied.

“Why not.” Apple Bloom pressed as she popped her.

“I have plenty at home.” He replied nervously as he backed away from her, but Apple Bloom somehow appeared behind him.

“Are you sure?” Apple Bloom continue asking.

“Yes, I’m pretty sure.” The stallion said, trying to walk away.

“You’re pretty sure. But you’re not absolutely positively, completely, superduper sure, are you?” The little filly continued asking as she cornered the poor stallion next to the apple cart. Alright, I better put a stop to this before the stallion never want’s to buy an apple ever again.

“Apple Bloom, pressuring him into buying apples isn’t a good sales pitch.” I scolded her before turning toward the stallion. “I apologize for her behavior, sir. She’s just eagerly trying to get her cutie mark.” I explained to him.

The stallion seemed to calm down a bit. “Oh… It’s alright. Though I best leave.” He said before running off.

I looked down at Apple Bloom, who appears to be a little frustrated with me. “Crest, why you stop me?” She asked.

“Sorry, little sis, but your apple-selling days are over. If Crest hadn’t stop you, it would have been a horrible day selling apples.” Applejack told her little sister before taking her white apron.

“What?! But how else am I gonna get my cutie mark?” Apple Bloom asked in before yanking her apron back with her teeth.

“Home. Now!” Applejack sternly told her.

Apple Bloom spit out her apron and pouted.

Applejack sighed. “Listen, sugar cube, I know it’s hard to wait for your very own cutie mark, but you just can’t force it. Besides, you’re not that grown up just yet. Ain’t there other fillies in your class without one?” She asked. That’s when I remember Apple Bloom’s friend from earlier.

“Actually, doesn’t Twist not have her cutie mark?” I said, wondering if Twist can make her feel better.

“Well, yes.” Apple Bloom responded, feeling a bit better.

“Do you think you’d feel better if you went to the party with her?” Applejack asked, sharing the same idea I have. Apple Bloom nodded her head. “Well, there you go. Bet you and Twist would have a great time together. Now, run along and find your friend.” She told her sister.

Apple Bloom began to run off before turning around. “You’re sure you don’t want me to stick around till the end of the market?” She asked.

We were about to answer before we heard somepony yell in anger. “Hey, who’s been using my racket?!” A light tan stallion with a brown mustache demanded in frustration, holding the racket Apple Bloom used earlier to cut up an apple.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Applejack answered. Her little sister nodded and quickly left.

“Well, I better get back to the dojo. See ya, Applejack.” I said good.

“Later, sugar cube. You coming to the party later. I hear that it’s an open invite.” Applejack told me.

“Maybe. Depending on how long I can ready the dojo.” I replied before leaving.

After an hour, I managed to finish cleaning the dojo earlier than I thought it would take. With nothing else to do, I locked up the dojo and headed back to the library. On my way home, I noticed Apple Bloom laying on the grass looking glum with a dark cloud hanging her head. Walking over to her, I noticed Rainbow Dash fly down over the depressed filly.

“Whoa. Looks like somepony’s got a dark cloud hanging over her head. Let me do something about that.” Rainbow Dash said before pushing the cloud away from her. Dash flew down to the ground next to the sad filly. “What’s the matter, kid?”

Apple Bloom stood on her hoofs and took a deep breath. “There’s a cute-ceañera this afternoon, and everypony in my class will be there, and they’ll all have their cutie marks, and I want to get mu cutie mark, but I’m no good at selling apples, but I really want to go the the party, but how can I go to the party if I don’t have my cutie mark, which my big sister says I’m gonna get eventually, but…” She took a deep breath again. “I WANT IT NOW!” She complained to Rainbow Dash. Wait, I thought Twist didn’t have her cutie mark.

“What about Twist? I thought she doesn’t have her cutie mark.” I asked her.

“Turns out she got her cutie mark in making savory sweets.” Apple Bloom sadly said.

“Cutie Mark?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I can get you a cutie mark like that.” She said confidently as she whips her tail. Ummm what?

“Applejack says these things take time. I have to just wait for it to happen.” Apple Bloom said.

I thought for a moment before and idea popped in my head. “Actually, I suppose there is a way to help narrow it down.” I said. Apple Bloom looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Exactly! Why wait for something to happen when you can make it happen?” Rainbow Dash said.

“But Applejack says that…” Apple Bloom didn’t finish before Dash interrupted her.

“Hey, who are you gonna listen to. Applejack or the pony who was first in her class to get a cutie mark? I always liked flying and all. but I was going nowhere in a hurry.” Rainbow Dash said as she jumped over Apple Bloom. It wasn’t until my very first race that I discovered a serious need for speed, and KAZAAM! This sweet baby appeared as fast as lightning.” She said, showing off her cutie mark and taking off of the ground.

“Dash, just because you got your cutie mark earlier that the other pony’s doesn’t mean it will be the same for another pony.” I yelled up at her before looking at Apple Bloom. “But it doesn’t hurt to try new things and see if any of them will help get your cutie mark.” I told her. Apple Bloom nodded eagerly and we got started.

We went outskirts of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash wanted Apple Bloom to warm up before we got started. Though I personally doubt it would work, there is a small chance her cutie mark will show up, but you never know. “That’s right. Stretch out those legs. Got to be nice and loose.” Rainbow Dash told Apple Bloom as she was doing push ups. “The key here is to try as many things as possible as quickly as possible. One of them is bound to lead to your cutie mark. Are you ready?” She asked.

“I’m ready.” Apple Bloom responded with determination.

“I said, ARE YOU READY?!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“I’M READY!” Apple Bloom yelled.

“Juggling. Go!” Rainbow Dash ordered before she blew the whistle. Apple Bloom began juggle six ball with her front hooves while trying to keep balance. Though she started out well, she eventually fell on the grass with some of the balls fall on her head.

I sighed. “Next.”

“Hang gliding. Go!” Rainbow Dash said before blowing her whistle again a cliff.

Apple Bloom and a glider attached to her back while wearing a brown helmet and air resistant goggles. She ran forward with full speed but accidentally tripped and was sliding on her glider. I stood in front and stopped the little filly before she ran off the cliff.

“Karate. Go!” Rainbow Dash whistled again in the dojo. We were wearing our karate uniforms. I stood behind the punching bag as Apple Bloom readied herself.

Apple Bloom ran up towards be and did a flying side kick. Despite that, once her hoof made contact with the hanging bag, it didn’t budged a bit and she fell on her back.

“Kite flying. Go!” Rainbow Dash whistled out on the grass.

Apple Bloom grabbed the string with her teeth and started running. As she was running, her green kite soared through the air. It was going well, until the wind caused the kite to crash down into the ground hard. Not to mention that the plastic sheet crumbled somehow.

“Ultra pony roller derby. Go!” Rainbow Dash whistled at the roller skating rink.

Apple Bloom was skating on the track with three other ponies behind her. She kept skating as fast as she could, but the other fillies behind her were catching up. Despite trying her hardest, Apple Bloom tripped over her own hooves and rolled around. The other skating ponies tried to stop, but not before nearly crashing into Apple Bloom. The skating ponies tumbled onto one another while Apple Bloom scooted away without a scratch on her. Though she seemed embarrass with what happened.

After sincerely apologizing to the skating pony’s parents, we left the skating rink and headed near Rarity’s boutique. Apple Bloom was a little depressed none of the things we tried didn’t work. Rainbow Dash and I checked over the to do list to see what’s left.

“Tried that one. Tried that one. Tried that one.” Rainbow Dash said, checking the list.

I was thinking of what else we could try until I heard two certain fillies walk by giggling. Apple Bloom noticed it too and quickly hid behind me.

“Your new outfit is, like, perfect for the party.” Silver Spoon said to Diamond Tiara, carrying a box on her back.

“I know. It totally shows off my new cutie mark. I love being special. Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be to be not special?” Tiara responded I only gritted my teeth in anger. It’s ponies like Diamond Tiara that really grind my gears. Just because your special doesn’t mean everypony else isn’t.

“I don’t even want to, like, think about it.” Silver Spoon responded as they walked away.

“Tried that one. Tried that one.” Rainbow Dash continued, still fixated on the list.

Apple Bloom jumped out from behind me. “I’m doomed. Doomed!” She depressingly yelled. “I’ll never find something I’m good at!” She said as she hung her head down.

Just then, Pinkie Pie appeared out of nowhere. “You look like you’d be good at eating cupcakes.” She told Apple Bloom.

“Eating cupcake?” Apple Bloom wondered smiling.

“Eating Cupcakes?” Rainbow Dash and I questioned.

“Eating cupcakes!” Pinkie Pie responded, joyfully jumping away.

“I really appreciate all you help, Crest Shield and Rainbow Dash. You’re both really great coaches, and I’ve really learned a lot from you both, and I’m sure I can learn a lot more, but I’ve got some cupcakes to eat!” Apple Bloom said before turning around and walking away. “See you at the cute-ceañera! Hold on, Pinkie Pie, I’m coming.”

Rainbow Dash look a bit dejected that Apple Bloom ran off like that. I walked over next to her and patted her back, trying to comfort her a little. “Sorry things didn’t work out the way you hoped, Dash. And while I doubt Apple Bloom’s talent is cupcakes, maybe Apple Bloom is talented at cooking.” I said, though she still frowned a bit. “And she’s right about one thing.” I added. “You do make a great coach.”

Rainbow smiled a bit and chuckled. “Thanks, Crest. You heading to the party later?” She asked.

“That’s the plan.” I said, returning the smile. “You know, maybe I’ll go help Apple Bloom with the cupcakes.” I said, figuring she might need help.

“Alright. See ya.” Rainbow Dash said before flying off. I turned around and caught up with Apple Bloom and Pinkie Pie. We arrived at the bakery where the party will be held.

“I can’t believe I didn’t think of this, A cupcake eating cutie mark. It’s so obvious.” Apple Bloom said as we entered the kitchen. “Now, where are those cupcakes? I’m ready to chow down!” She said as she started opening up drawers and the oven.

“I don’t have any cupcakes.” Pinkie told her.

“Oh.” Apple Bloom said.

“Though we could try backing some.” I said to here.

Pinkie Pie giggled in excitement. “Exactly! I bet she’ll be god at helping me make some!” She said, putting a chef’s hat on Apple Bloom.

“I guess a making cupcakes cutie mark could work, too.” Apple Bloom said, though not as thrill as eating cupcakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkTXEfeBc5Q

I’m pretty sure Pinkie Pie would make a song out of anything. Unfortunately, saying and doing are two separate things. We tried helping her back the cookies, but she insisted on doing it by herself. That only led to Apple Bloom causing a mess with the mixing machine throwing dough everywhere. She went over the oven an accidentally nocked over a bag of flour next to her. The young filly attempted to get the cookie pan out of the oven, but even with the oven mitts protecting her mouth, it was still too hot. “Hot! Hot! Hot.” She yelled as she dropped the pan.

“Ohh! Those look much better than the last batch.” Pinkie Pie said, though the cookies were still completely black and extremely overcooked. Pinkie went ahead and started munching on one of the cookies.

Seeing that she liked it, Apple Bloom tried eating one of the cookies, but immediately spit it out. “Yuck! Guess I’m not cut out to be a baker, either.” She said, disappointed in herself. “I just have to face it. I’m gonna have a blank flank forever!”

“What about that?” Pinkie said, pointing at a white spot on Apple Bloom’s flank.

Apple Bloom turned her head around. “What about what? Is there something on my flank? Is there? Is there? Is there?” She asked spinning around excited, trying to get a good view. She quickly stood in front of a black pot to see her cutie mark in it’s reflection. “A cutie mark! It’s a… a measuring cup? No. A mixing bowl? No. Are those cupcakes? A tower of cupcakes, maybe.” Just then, Pinkie and I noticed the white spot wasn’t on the other side of her flank.

“Um, Apple Bloom…” I began to say, not sure whether or not to tell her. Though Pinkie Pie stood next to her and blew away what turned out to have been flour.

“Flour! It’s flour! Yay! I guessed it!” Pinkie Pie said happily, though Apple Bloom and I didn’t share the sentiment. “What game do you want to play next? Please say bingo. Please say bingo.”

Just then, Twilight showed up in the kitchen. “Whoa! What’s been going on in here?” She asked.

Pinkie Pie ran up to her with a plate hold the last batch of cookies on her head. We’ve been making cupcakes. Want to try one.” Pinkie offered Twilight. I shook my head no, wordlessly telling her to not.

“No, thank you, not that they don’t look… delicious.” Twilight said with a forced smile.

Apple Bloom ran up to Twilight. “Twilight, you have to help me.” She begged.

“What’s the matter.” Twilight asked.

“Apple Bloom want’s a cutie mark so Diamond Tiara won’t make fun of her for not having one. We tried plenty of sport activities and cooking, but none of them worked.

Twilight gave us a quizzical look. “Um… okay, but how can I help you.”

“You can use your magic to make my cutie mark appear.” Apple Bloom said.

“Oh, no, Apple Bloom. A cutie mark is something that a pony has to discover for herself.” I cleared my throat out load. “Or himself.” She said looking out me.

“Please, Twilight, just try.” Apple Bloom pleaded.

“I’m sorry, but…” Twilight didn’t finish as Apple Bloom started begging.

“Oh, please, please, please, please, please!” She begged

“All right, all right!” Twilight relented.

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!” Apple Bloom said in joy. Though I doubt it would work, at least it would show Apple Bloom that there’s no short cuts.

Twilight’s horn glowed and pointed it at Apple Bloom’s flank. A image of a cart filled with apples appeared. “Yes! I knew you could do…it.” Apple Bloom exclaimed right before the image disappeared.

“I’m sorry, sweetie, but I told you.” Twilight didn’t finish as Apple Bloom got up to her.

“Try again! Try again!” Apple Bloom said, hope it would work next time.

Twilight and I sighed as her horn glowed again. This time a kite appeared on the filly’s flank before it faded. Next were three white cupcakes before they faded as well. Next was a stuffed teddy bear before the same thin happened. Then a tricycle, and a bunch of other images before the last one to appear were three footballs. Twilight looked extremely tired from trying to make Apple Bloom’s cutie mark to appear.

“Are you okay, Twilight?” I asked concerned.

Twilight breathed heavily. “I’ll be alright.” Twilight responded before looking back at Apple Bloom. “Told you that not even magic can make a cutie mark appear before its time.”

“It’s hopeless. Hopeless!” Apple Bloom exclaimed. “I just won’t go to the party. I can’t go. Everypony will just laugh at me and make fun of me and call me names. It will be the worst night of my life.” She said as she walked into the catering room, though I don’t think she realized that.

“I’m sure it won’t be as bad as all that.” Twilight tried to assure her.

“Forget it. There’s no way I’m going to that…” Apple Bloom didn’t finish as she realized that she was already here and gulped “Party.”

All around us, all the ponies were enjoying themselves, well, except one who took a bite our of one of the poorly made cupcakes. I spotted Diamond Tiara showing off her dress she got from Rarity’s boutique. Apple Bloom quickly hid behind a pony statue made out of chocolate.

“How could I have forgotten the time? How could I have forgotten Pinkie Pie was hosting the party? How could I have forgotten it was at sugar cube corner?” Apple Bloom asked herself.

“Don’t forget your party hat, forgetty forgeterson.” Pinkie said as she put the party cone hats on Apple Bloom and I.

“I’m sorry about, Apple Bloom. I was so focused on helping you get your cutie mark, I forgot the time.” I apologized.

Apple Bloom then hid behind the counter. “I have to get out of here before anypony sees me.” She said as she then hid behind a chocolate cake.

Snails walked up to the cake Apple Bloom was hiding behind and took a large bite out of it. “Hey!” Diamond Tiara called out. “It’s my cute Ceanera. I’m supposed to get the first bite of cake!” She told Snails.

Apple Bloom quickly jumped on a table behind me and then behind some balloons. Unfortunately, the balloons started popping one after another be a unicorn’s horn as he was dancing to the music. You would think he would at least notice. I was about to reason with Apple Bloom that it won’t be that bad of ponies saw her here, but she immediately moved from group to group, trying her best not to be seen until she went under the table holding the punch bowl and cups. I sighed, figuring Apple Bloom wouldn’t listen. I walked to the punch bowl table when Apple Bloom some how lifted it and head toward the front door, stopping a few time so the other ponies wouldn’t notice. One of the ponies stopped next to the punch bowl and took a sip directly from it. Really? She couldn’t have used a cup.

Apple Bloom moved toward the front door and was about to bolt, but her big sister finally showed up.

“Apple Bloom, you made it! After I heard about Twist, I was afraid you wouldn’t show up. I sure am glad you came to your senses about this whole cutie-mark thing. These things happen when these thing are supposed to happen.” Applejack said was she was pushing her little sister back inside. Apple Bloom tried to push back but to no avail as Applejack didn’t even notice. “Trying to rush it will just drive you crazy. I’ll let you be. Looks like your friends want to talk to you.” She finished as she saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

“Um…Applejack, those fillies were the ones making fun of of her.” I informed Applejack.

Applejack’s eyes widen. “What! Why those… wait where’s Apple Bloom.” She asked as her little sister disappeared in front of her. We looked around until we saw Apple Bloom wearing a table cover over her flank and back legs.

“Well, well, well, look who’s here.” Diamond Tiara said smirking.

“Nice outfit.” Silver Spoon added as they start giggling.

“Just something I, uh, pulled together last minute.” Apple Bloom told them.

“It really show off your cutie mark. Oh, wait. That’s right. You don’t have one.” Diamond Tiara told her.

“I have a cutie mark.” Apple Bloom told them. I sighed, figuring what she’s trying to do won’t work.

“What? Since when?” Silver Spoon said skeptical.

“Since, um, earlier today.” Apple Bloom said.

“Oh, really? Let’s see it.” Diamond Tiara demanded.

“I… I shouldn’t. I… I couldn’t.” Apple Bloom tried to come up with an excuse. “My cutie mark is so unbelievably amazing. I’m afraid that if I show it off, everypony will start paying attention to me instead of you. Outshined at you own cute-ceañera? Can you image how embarrassing that would be?” The filly told them. Well, it was clever of her to use Diamond Tiara’s ego against her.

“Uh, forget it. I didn’t really want to see it anyway.” Diamond Tiara relented.

“Well, I’m gonna go mingle. Enjoy your party.” Apple Bloom told them before walking away. Unfortunately, she didn’t get far as she tripped on her cloth and caused it to fall off as she bumped into the record player. The dial on the record stopped playing as everypony looked at Apple Bloom with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon grinned at the lack of a cutie mark.

“Oh, no!” I heard Apple Bloom said quietly and Dimond Tiara and Silver Spoon laughed at her.

“Wow! That is an amazing cutie mark.” Silver Spoon mocked before both of them laughed.

“Nice Try… Blank Flank!” The two bullies insulted.

Alright. I’ve had just about enough of this. Though right before I said something.We heard somepony call out.

“You got a problem with cutie marks?” We heard somepony said. Everypony looked at the source of the voice and it came from two ponies hiding under a table. One of them was Rarity’s little sister, Sweetie Belle, who has a light grey coat, light green eyes, and mulberry mane with a light rose streak. The other pony next to her was Scootaloo, who come to my dojo from time to time. She has a orange coat, purple eyes, and a dark purple mane. The two fillies got out of their hiding spot. “You got a problem with blank flanks?” Scootaloo said.

“The problem is, I mean, she’s like, totally not special.” Silver Spoon told them.

“That’s where your wrong?” I told them as I walked up to them. “Apple Bloom may not have her cutie mark yet, but she’s just as special as anypony here. And I’m sure her cutie mark will be just as special.” I told them.

“Exactly, she’s full of potential.” Sweetie Belle said, standing next to Apple Bloom.

“It means she could be great at anything.” Scootaloo added. “The possibilities are, like, endless.” She said, imitation Silver Spoon’s poor attitude. I couldn’t help but chuckle a little

“She could be a great scientist or an amazing artist or a famous writer. She could even be mayor of Ponyville someday.” Sweetie Belle listed the things Apple Bloom could be, which instantly brightened the filly’s mood.

“And she’s not stuck being stuck up like you two.” Scootaloo said, causing all of us to laugh.

“Hey! This is my party. Why are you two on her side?” Diamond Tiara asked, a little frustrated.

“Because…” Scootaloo began to say, before show everypony that they don’t have their cutie marks yet either.

Apple Bloom could only gasp at them. “You don’t have any cutie marks, either.” She said?! I thought I was the only one.” She said surprised.

“We thought we were the only two.” Scootaloo replied.

“I, for one, think you are three very lucky fillies.” Twilight told them smiling.

Diamond Tiara only had confusion written on her face. “Lucky? How can they be lucky?” She asked.

“They still get to experience the thrill of discovering who they are and what they’re meant to be.” Twilight explained.

“And they’ve got all the time in the world to figure it out, not just an afternoon.” Applejack added, looking at her little sister.

Everypony in the room started agree with them. Some of the fillies and colts came up to Apple Bloom, talking about what great things she could be. Diamond Tiara however looked a little irritated that everypony started focusing on Apple Bloom instead of her.

“Hey, what’s everypony doing? This is my party Everypony is supposed to be paying attention to me!” Diamond Tiara said out lout, but the kids continued to ignore her.

“Whatever. We still think you’re losers, right, Diamond Tiara?” Silver Spoon asked her friend. She tried their signature shake, but wasn’t having it.

“Not now, Silver Spoon.” Diamond Tiara told her, before walking off.

With the bullies finally leaving them alone, the three fillies got to introducing themselves.
“Name’s Scootaloo.” The orange filly introduced herself.

“And I’m Sweetie Belle.” Rarity’s sister said.

“Apple Bloom.” The filly said.

The party went on with the other kids dancing to the music. Twilight, Applejack and I were enjoying some punch as the three fillies found a table and got to know each other. I was with Twilight with both of us looking at the fillies.

“Glad Apple Bloom found some friends.” I said smiling.

Twilight smiled with me. “Yeah, and I believe I know what to write to Princess Celestia.”

“Oh? What’s that?” I asked.

Twilight cleared her throat. “Dearest Princess Celestia, I am happy to report that one of your youngest subjects has learned a valuable lesson about friendship. Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are.” Twilight told me.

That lesson reminds me of the time when I thought I couldn’t make friends because of how different I am from everypony else. I was lucky when friends accepted me as I am. “I think that’s a great lesson, Twilight.” I said smiling before looking at Apple Bloom and her friends. “Though I have the feeling they’ll get in some trouble in the future.”

Twilight laughed a little. “Well… if they do. I’m sure you’ll help them out." She said. I smiled back and we enjoyed the rest of the party.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. I've been very busy at work the past couple of months and been catching up on Destiny 2. Also, I've been think to post one of my fanfiction stories here. Though it takes place in the Star Wars universe it will have map characters in it. Here's a summary of it.

Inspired by Duel of the Fates MLP : EqG x Star Wars crossover video. Two brothers, a My Little Pony fan and a Call of Duty fan, died in a horrific plane crash. They reincarnate in the Star Wars Universe as different individuals with familiar characters they know. How will their actions affect the galaxy.

Comments ( 3 )

More good

Please sir, may I have some more?

Login or register to comment