• Published 11th Dec 2011
  • 4,279 Views, 76 Comments

Bioshock: Equestria - BroSteve



And with the sweat of your brow, The Stable can become your city, as well.

  • ...
4
 76
 4,279

Chapter Three: Under the Ocean So Blue

Chapter Three: Under The Ocean So Blue
No God. No King. Only Ponies.

By: BroSteve (Steven Rodriquez)


As the bathysphere continued its way through the underwater utopia, the voice finally finished it's speech.

"Th-the Stable?" Twilight said to herself softly.

The underwater ship was quickly approaching a docking station connected to a large chunk of the city. As the ship locked into place, it jutted back and forth, almost sending Twilight onto the floor. An excruciatingly loud sound hissed all around as a giant metal chain began to pull the craft towards a large circular door. As it was being pulled, words were engraved into the bars overhead.

No God.

No King.

Only ponies.

Welcome to.

The Stable.

With a loud crash, the bathysphere locked itself into place and was pulled inside a dark room. The water outside began to drain as a large metal door slid open in front of the ship. The bright glow of fluorescent and neon lights coated the room in a harsh glow. The door to the craft began to open as Twilight approached it. She pushed on it with a hoof and it swung open completely. She stepped out into the large room to get a better view. In front of her lay a mess of broken furniture that seemed to be organized in a sort of barricade. Beyond that was an enormous glass window giving her one of the most breathtaking views in all of Equestria, The Stable. To the right of the giant window was a large marble staircase with a flickering light at the top that seemed like fire.

Pop! Bzzt!

Before she could continue to enjoy the sights, she heard that familiar static begin to hang in the air once more.

"Oh thank the heavens, I was beginning to think the bathysphere malfunctioned or something along those lines. Nonetheless, I'm glad you're here now.. uhh.." the voice cleared his throat and continued "..What exactly is your name again love?"

Twilight looked around the room trying to find the source of Blue's voice this time. "My name is.. Twilight. Where are you talking from, Blue? And why does this exist? Who is John Colt, exactly? Who are you exactly? Why are you talking to me? Why is.."

"Nice to, uh, meet yah Twilight. I know yah have a lot of questions, but right now we do not have a lot of time. I'll answer any questions you may have but first yah have to listen to me. The Stable is not some sort of Rapture like John Colt says it is.. Nothing is like that bastard stallion says it is. This place has gone to hell and back, deary. You shouldn't be in this place, but given your predicament I didn't have too much of ah choice." As Blue was talking to her, she slowly inched her way out to the giant window ahead of her. She gazed out, looking at school's of fish swimming by, blinking neon lights scattered about the city and a couple of sunken bathysphere's on the sea floor. "I need yah to help me, so I can help you."

Twilight's ears perked up "You let me in only so I could help YOU?" The tone of her voice now lowering and deepening with anger.

"Deary, it was that or let you freeze to death out there. I promise this was the best option I could think of. Yah see, I'm stuck here in an engineering office that has been remotely locked down. Completely out of my power. The only person who can lift the lock down is.. John Colt."

"You mean to tell me.. I have to go knock on his door and ask him to let you go? Why did he even lock you up in the first place?" Her tone changed quickly to that of fright. "I don't even know what I'm doing here.. I'm not even supposed to be here right now! Now you want me to help you? I don't understand any of this!" If there was anything that made Twilight mad, it was not understanding something. The emotions began to stir and push her heart into the pit of her stomach.

She felt like she wanted to vomit again.

"Now, now, calm down. I want to help yah get out of here." There was a long pause before Blue spoke again. "You can trust me, Twilight. Turn to your left, and pick up the radio laying on the table, and put the earpiece and stick it behind your ear. I'll be able to talk to you anywhere you go with this nifty little device." Twilight walked over and did as the pony had asked. "Colt and I aren't exactly chums. An old grudge that I can explain at another, more suiting ti-"

Blue's words were cut short by a deafening screech that Twilight swore it should have shattered all the glass in the room. "And we're out of time. I need you to go up the marble staircase, make a left at the top, go straight till you get to the first intersection" Blue's voice was interrupted again by the blood curdling screech, even louder than before. This time it was followed by the scraping of metal against metal.

"Make a right at the first intersection, and go straight until you can't anymore." The stallion's voice was rushed, becoming frantic. He was again cut short as the screeching finally entered the room. A horrifically disfigured pony jumped down from the ceiling, sending a vent cover flying down alongside it. The pony was covered in large blistered gashes. It's mane and tail were chopped up and shooting out in all different directions. In it's blood soaked hooves was a large make-shift blade, crusted with the blood of other ponies. It's menacing red eyes fell upon Twilight as it stood before her.

"Look at you! Some fresh, delicious meat! I'm gonna tear you apart my pretty!" The crazed pony yelled in a horrific and frantic tone. Twilight took a few steps back at the grotesque sight.

"Now would be the time to run, dear." Blue spoke to her through her head piece.

------------

Twilight could her the mutated pony chasing right after her, screaming obscenities.

"I just want to play little pony!"

"Get the fuck back here!"

"I'm gonna KILL you!"

Twilight finally reached the intersection, gasping for breath as she quickly turned to the right and continued on.

She was terrified.

What was this.. this.. thing that relentless chased her and wanted to kill her. It was no pony, there was no way a pony could be this demented. She finally reached the end of the long hallway Blue had told her about to be met by a large bright pink vending machine. In large bold letters it spelled out "MANA." Blue quickly interrupted her before she got a chance to read anymore. "Okay listen dear, I need you to kick open the machine."

"What?! Are you crazy? I can't kick this open." Twilight yelled in exhaustion. She could quickly hear the horrid beast rapidly approaching as it's ugly face peered around the intersection down the hall.

"Kick open the door, now!" As Blue spoke, Twilight could feel the adrenaline pumping in her veins, her muscles giving it everything they had. She turned around to buck the vending machine, smashing the plastic cover around it. As it broke, a bunch of needles came pouring out onto the floor filled with a strange electric blue liquid.

"Quickly now! Pick up the needle and jab it into your foreleg." His voice was becoming more and more rushed as the mutant pony strolled towards the purple mare.

"Are you crazy yet again? I don't eve-"

"Trust me Twilight! This is no time to over think things. If you want to live, do it." His voice brought a strange feeling of comfort this time. She quickly picked up the small needle with her magic and shoved it into her foreleg. With a loud scream she injected it's electric blue contents into her bloodstream. She screamed in agonizing pain as it coursed through her body.

"This is normal! It's rewriting your genetic code, hang in there Twilight!" Blue's voice yelled, trying to overpower the mares.

Twilight's eyes shot open, beaming with white light as a bright energy field appeared around her. The mutated pony stopped in it's tracks for second, confused.

"You're fucking light show isn't enough to scare me! I'm still gonna rip you to pieces!!" it yelled as it charged at the purple mare.

Twilight's immense light soon filled every nook and cranny of the long hallway. She screamed once more in pain, as a white hot lightning bolt shot out from the tip of her horn colliding with the mutated pony. Relentlessly and mercilessly the lightning tore through it's body frying the thing from the inside out, it's skin bubbling from the intense heat. What was left of it's mane and tail was going up in flames, searing the skin below as it screamed, only for a second.

The white light faded and the mutated pony was nothing more than a brutalized and charred remnant of what it used to be.

Twilight collapsed, fighting to keep her eyes open.

All she heard was Blue's voice from her earpiece.

"Good girl, Twilight."

Author's Note:

Hey everybody, this is a revised version of the original chapter two with spelling, grammatical, and stylistic issues resolved :3. Just wanna give a big thank you to everyone who has commented and gave suggestions for the story!