• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 1,381 Views, 58 Comments

Pokemon the Movie: Total Eclixie the Heart - Banshee531



Meeting a young girl sends our heroes on an adventure of a life time.

  • ...
5
 58
 1,381

Chapter 3

Many years ago...

It began inside a large metal room, one filled with multiple giant metallic devices, all of them covering every corner of the room. Standing in the center was Doctor Mechano, a lanky middle aged man with frizzy graying blonde hair, who was wearing a long white lab coat over a black shirt, complete with a pair of thick goggles on his forehead.

He looked up at a device he was standing next to and smiled, the machine in question having as a pair mechanical arms with satellite dishes on the ends. It was here his ears heard some footsteps, the doctor soon turning to a group of figures hiding in the shadows.

"Ahh...welcome!" Mechano announced while extending his arms, "I'm happy you could make it."

"Enough of the pleasantries," the lead figure growled as it stepped forward. "You said you had a breakthrough?"

"I did," Mechano reached down and picked up a case, soon opening it to reveal a computer terminal. "After much research and thanks to your...err, generous funding, I have finally discovered a way to access the dimensional pocket realm that holds the Pokémon your organization has been after." He then turned to the machine. "Once connected to the terminal, this device will open a portal to those dimensions before dragging the two out."

The leader of the group chuckled at this, "And then we will do the rest, provided you can actually pull this off."

"Prepare to be happily surprised." Mechano replied with a smirk, now pulling a cord out of the machine and putting it into the terminal. Placing the computer on the table, he started to type as he narrated, "Now....ah! Dimensional coordinates locked, beginning multiversal scan." The machine began to beep and boop, multiple lights flashing again and again. "Scan complete, begin dimensional tearing."

The arms on the device moved up and pointed the dishes at two separate walls, electrical energy surging around them.

"FIRE!"

Each dish fired a beam of light at the wall, soon making a pair of portals to appear on the walls. Everyone watched in amazement as the portals grew larger and larger. Mechano could tell they were impressed, naturally causing him to smile.

But then-

BOOM!

A part of the machine exploded, followed by another part and another. "What?!" Mechano yelped as he ran to the device, only for-

KABOOM!

"Aaahhh!" Mechano was propelled backwards, crashing into the floor as a piece of burning metal landed on his left side. "AAAAAHHHHH!" The pieces of the exploded machine flew throughout the lab, all of them striking the other devices, causing them to explode as well.

The group of figures quickly turned and fled, the only one staying being the leader. He instead calmly stepped over to where Mechano had fallen. Mechano looked up at the man, then held out his right hand. "Please...help....me."

The man didn't reply, instead bending down and holding out his hand. That is, till the hand grabbed the nearby computer terminal and looked it over. "No damage. Good. Such a shame it was a failure, but...seems this data will still be of some use." With that, he turned and walked away.

"NO! Please don't! Please don't leave me!" Mechano yelled, only for his cries to fall of deaf ears. And as he continued to scream, the figure stepped into the smoke-filled flames and disappeared. "NOOOOO!"


"AHH!" Mechano yelped as he awoke, sweat now pouring down his face as pants escaped his mouth. "Ohhh...it was a dream. Just...a dream..."

The man then took off his bed covers, showing his true face. His entire left side was now covered with a robotic mask, his left eye now completely replaced with a red cybernetic eyeball. He wore a black metal suit while both his right arm and leg had been replaced with robotic prosthetics.

Once he'd managed to get his breathing under control, he hopped out of bed and into a chair that sat in front of multiple computers. Turning them on, the room was illuminated by the light of the screens, bringing the many equations that were doodled on the walls into sight. Three of the screens then showed the images of Forest, Pyron and Cecelia, the trio looking a lot worst for wear. "Report."

Forest started with a gulp, "My apologies sir. We found Sunset, but she got away again."

Mechano growled at this. "How?"

"She cheated!" Mechano turned to Pyron, frowning at him.

Cecelia then rolled her eyes. "She didn't cheat. She escaped on a train, and then used the egg's energy output to damage our Z.Z Flyers."

"And she had help," Forest continued. "Four teens, three of which are trainer age, were with her. They helped her escape to the train."

"I see. Let's see what we can do about that..." Mechano mumbled as he turned to another computer, soon typing into it, "The thing about trains, is that they can be very predictable." The screen now showed a map, which he pointed to, "There. That's where we'll strike. I'll send you the coordinates and new Z.Z Flyers. Be at the location by the time I'm there."

The three teens' eyes went wide. "You're coming sir?"

Mechano nodded. "If it was just Sunset, I'd trust you three to handle it. But with those four helping her, it causes too many variables. You three will handle these trainers while I take the target."

"Yes sir." With that, the three screens switched off. Once again alone, Mechano chair moved backwards along a track that lined with the floor. Once at a certain spot, it was lifted into the air by a pole and pushed towards the ceiling. But before he got close, a hole in the roof appeared and Mechano was sent right through it. After flying up a long tunnel, Mechano shot through the floor of another room, this one being a glass dome, allowing him to look outside as the clouds shot passed him.

"I never get tired of this sight." he commented as he looked down, now glancing at the bottom of his ship. He then looked up, seeing a giant balloon above him. He was now admiring all of his ship, which was a giant blimp. "Yes...its so soon now. Soon I will find the Eclipse Temple."


Back on the train...

Flash, Twilight, Spike, Doc, Springer and Peewee all stared at the egg that Sunset was holding, Twilight adjusting her glasses as she leaned up to it, "Incredible. I've never seen anything like this."

Sunset laughed at this. "Well of course you haven't. How many times have you seen a legendary Pokémon's egg?"

"Counting this one, once." Flash joked, making everyone laugh before Doc gave Sunset glare.

"Not to destroy this mood, but....this Doctor Mechano you speak of. He wants the egg?"

Sunset shook her head. "Not the egg, but the Pokémon inside. Its...the legendary Pokémon, Eclixie."

Everyone raised an eyebrow hearing this, Twilight commenting, "I've never heard of Eclixie before." Everyone all stared at her in shock at the statement, knowing Twilight's extensive knowledge.

"Its no surprise," they turned back to Sunset. "Considering there hasn't been one in this universe for over a thousand years."

"Why's that?" Spike asked.

Sunset looked down at the egg, a small sigh following, "Eclixie comes from another universe. Every thousand years, their eggs are sent here to hatch. Once that happens, they must find a place called the Eclipse Temple. Its there that they're able to open a portal to their own universe and return home. But....but there's a time limit, and once it passes, Eclixie will be trapped here forever."

"When's the time limit up?" Flash asked with crossed arms.

Sunset looked up at them, a huge frown on her face. "We have until the eclipse is over, which is five days from now."

"The eclipse?" Twilight asked next.

"In order to open the portal, Eclixie needs to have access to both solar and lunar energy. The Eclipse Temple was built in a location which, during the eclipse, will be bathed in the two energies."

"I see," Doc hummed as he looked back down at the egg. "So this Doctor Mechano wants Eclixie for its portal opening abilities?"

"I...don't know. Maybe he does..."

"How did Mechano even get the egg anyway?" Spike asked.

Sunset sighed again. "I was the one who found the egg. You see, for a long time, I was alone in the world. My parents died when I was young, so I was brought up in an orphanage. But I never fit in, so I ran away the first chance I got. That's when it happened...."

Three years ago...

Sunset shivered as the snow fell onyo her clothes, soaking them with the frozen water. She was walking through the streets of a big city in the middle of winter, no place to keep warm. And as she kept moving, she spotted the entrance of a park and smiled, soon running up to a gazebo like structure. She made her way into the small complex, laying a bench inside the gazebo as she continued to shiver, "Its all over. Please....anyone....help me find a place to belong."

And then it happened.

The night sky was illuminated by a brilliant flash of light, forcing Sunset to shield her eyes. The light was so bright that it radiated a brilliant warmth that seemed to dry Sunset's damp clothing, melting the snow around her. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked back up and went wide-eyed.

The light died down, revealing the light's source to be the egg, floating in the air. It then drifted over to Sunset, landing in her outstretched hands. As soon as she touched it, she suddenly felt something in her heart click. "What...what is this?"

"It is your destiny."

Sunset gasped as she spun around, spotting four figures wearing cloaks. It was Doctor Mechano, along with the younger versions of Forest, Pyron and Cecelia. The four of them stared at her, Mechano in joy and the others in confusion.

"Who...who are you?"

Mechano gave the confused girl a giant smile. "People who want to help you achieve your destiny as Eclixie's guardian."

Sunset raised an eyebrow, then looked down at the egg. "Eclixie...Guardian?"

Mechano nodded as he held out his hand. "Come with me, let me help you."

Sunset's eyes went wide. Was this it, her chance to get off the streets and make a name for herself? Without a second's thought, she took the man's robotic hand.

Present day...

"And ever since then, I've been with him. He taught me everything. Science, math, Pokémon studies. I wouldn't be who I am today without him."

"And you had no idea what he was planning?"

Susnet shook her head, "None. It wasn't until two days ago that I learned the truth."

Flash raised an eyebrow at this. "Which is?"

Sunset was about to answer, only for a bright light to fill the train car, blinding everyone. They then looked down at the egg, seeing it was the origin of the light. The group started to walk away from the egg, Sunset gripping the egg in fear of what happened last time as Spike asked, "Is that thing about to uh...explode?"

Sunset didn't answer Spike's question, a gulp going down her throat before looking back down at the egg. Unlike the last time, this glow pulsed dimmer and then brighter. She then suddenly felt the egg tug at her grasp, causing her to loosen, allowing the egg to float up into the air as the pulsing light increased in intensity. That light let out another blast, making everyone but Sunset shield their eyes in pain.

It was here that the egg began to change shape, its metamorphosis starting as the light began to die down. And as the others were finally able to open their eyes, they all gasped at they now saw the Pokémon that had just been born.

It was humanoid in appearance, with the color of its body being a mixture of black and white. It had a rounded white head that had a thick black line running from its forehead to the back of its neck. One the sides of its head were wing shaped ears, while a pair of transparent insect wings could be seen sprouting out of its back. Its body and arms were white, while its legs, feet and hands were black. Finally, on its stomach was the same black sun pattern that had been on the egg.

"Wow!" Everyone let out it unison.

Twilight turned to Sunset, "Is that...Eclixie?"

Sunset nodded at this. "Must be. I've never seen it before, but I'm sure that's it."

Spike stepped towards it wide still wide eyes, "Its so cool." He then felt a hand on his shoulder, making him turn to look at Doc.

"Careful Spike, the little guy's just hatched. He's likely to be very wary of us at first."

They all watched as the black and white fairy opened its eyes, looking at each and every one of them. That is, till a huge smile appeared on its face, "Eclixie!" The little Pokémon cheered as it flew around the train car, causing everyone to laugh at its excitement.

"So much for being wary," Flash commented as his eyes kept shifting at the sight, "Little guy sure is happy."

Twilight nodded next. "Agreed. It doesn't seem scared at all. Quite interesting for a baby Pokémon, as most are usually...well, nervous at times."

Sunset stood up and held out her hand. "Come here Eclixie."

The fairy Pokémon turned to her before smiling, "Eclixie!" He flew into her arms, instantly hugging the girl.

Tears went down Sunset's face as she hugged back, "Eclixie…its so nice to finally meet you."

"Eclixie..." it rubbed his head into her chest. Everyone laughed and smiled at this, now feeling that Eclixie's presence seemed to make them all feel a sense of joy. They then watched as Eclixie's head pop out of the hug, soon flying out of Sunset's grasp with its eyes closed.

Spike turned to Sunset. "What's it doing?"

Sunset rubbed her chin at this, a bulb soon going off, "Wow. That was fast."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...It must have picked up on the Eclipse Temple's location."

"It can sense it?" Flash asked with a slight backpedal.

"Riolu?!"

"Yes. At least, according to the legends Mechano studied."

Doc nodded at this. "I see. I was wondering how you expected to find the temple if nobody knows where it is."

Eclixie's eyes then opened up with another smile before turning to a nearby window, only to fly right into it. "Ooh!" They all flinched as the little pixie bounced off the glass, landing on the floor with a thud. "That must have hurt."

"Ecli..." Eclixie moaned as it picked itself up and rubbed its head.

Sunset laughed before bending down and hugging it again. "Relax little guy. We'll get off at the next station and then head to the ruins." She then held it up so it was eye level with her. "I promise, I'll keep you safe."

Twilight placed a hand on the her shoulder. "You won't be alone. We'll help you." Flash, Spike, Doc and their Pokémon all nodded, causing a smile to appear on her face.

"Thank you. And uh...sorry about all the stuff from before."

Twilight shook her head, "Its fine. We understand."

And as everybody smiled at this, the train suddenly started to rumble, causing everyone to stagger. "What the heck?!" Flash yelped as he grabbed Twilight, the girl grabbing her brother at the same time.

The train had arrived at a canyon, with a large bridge connecting the two sides. Inside the canyon was a rapidly flowing river, which would fork off in several different directions later. As the train had arrived at the bridge and began to cross it, the group looked out the window as they saw the flowing river below them. But as they did this, they all suddenly found themselves being flung into the wall as the train came to a, unexpected halt. "WHOA!" Flash and Doc yelped as somehow found themselves sitting on their seats, only to be flattened as Twilight, Sunset, Spike, Springer, Peewee and Eclixie slammed into them. "BLAUGH!"

A minute later, they began to untangle themselves, only for the intercom in the carriage began to grab their attention. "We apologize for the sudden stop, but damage to the track has caused us to make an emergency stop."

Doc raised an eyebrow at this, "Damage to the track?"

"I don't like the sound of this," Flash added.

"Riolu," Springer nodded.

Spike turned to his sister, "So uh...what happens now?"

"They'll probably inspect the track and see if it can be fixed, and if it can't, we'll have to head back to the last station."

Sunset frowned at this, "Meaning we'll be in danger of getting caught by those three again."

Flash shook his head at this, soon pointing at himself, "Don't worry about it. If those three try anything, we'll knock them down a peg or two."

Sunset looked up at Flash, then back at Eclixie, "Thanks. It does feel nice to know I'm not on my own against them."

"Its no problem. We're here to help-"

"Look out!" Spike shouted as he pointed at the window. The command made them all hit the deck as a figure rushed at the window.

SMASH!

They shielded their eyes as the glass shattered, soon seeing it was a Pokémon. It resembled a pair of interlocking gears with six teeth each. The teeth of the gears were a light gray, along with a darker central region. Each gear had a white 'X' for its left eye and a black colored right eye, along with a goofy greenish nose and mouth.

"Its a Klink!" Twilight shrieked as she pointed at the Gear Pokémon.

"Oh no....that's Mechano's Pokémon!"

Flash turned to her, "Seriously?! Its not one of those trio's?!"

"Yeah! He's the only one that owns a Klink." In that moment, the Gear Pokémon began to spin its two halves at immense speed before bum-rushing them.

"RIOLU!" Springer quickly leapt at the Klink, an Aura Sphere appearing in his paws as he struck the Steel-Type, the force knocking it out of the window.

"That was close," Flash said before looking down at his partner. "Nice one. That was some quick thinking bud."

"Ri!" Springer cheered before giving Flash a thumbs up.

Sunset let out a gulp, quickly getting up and staring at the window before her and Eclixie both went wide eyed, "We're not out of the woods yet." Everyone then saw what she meant, soon seeing a ton more Klink outside of the train, along with what appeared to be its evolved forms.

"We need to get out of here," Doc then grabbed the door of the train car, opening it as he and the others rushed through the carriage, the Klink and Klang in hot pursuit.

"You guys do remember we're on a train right?" Sunset asked as they rushed into another carriage, Flash shutting the door to slow the Pokémon down. "And that we're on a bridge, over a raging river?"

"I know," Doc replied growled as he opened another door.

"But its not like we've got a lot of options right now," Twilight finished as her ears heard the sound of glass breaking, one of the Klink flying through a shattered window in front of them. "AAAHHH!"

"Force Palm!" Springer rushed ahead, slamming a blue burning paw into the Gear Pokémon.

"RIOLU!" The Klink was flung into wall, knocking it out instantly. But as Doc opened the door to the next carriage, he found it was filled with Klink and Klang, screaming people also inside as the Pokémon starting breaking every window.

Doc bit his lip at the sight, only to see a nearby ladder, "Up here!" He yelled as he started climbing up to the roof.

The group nodded, Twilight helping Spike up before following herself. Sunset was about to do the same, only to see Flash staring down the Pokémon that entered the carriage. "What are you doing?!"

Flash pulled out a Pokeball in response. "You go on ahead. I'm gonna take these things down and then catch up." Sunset nodded before climbing up, Eclixie flying by her side with a confused look on its face. Flash then enlarged the Pokeball and threw it into the air, "Viper! Help me!"

"Scor!" Viper yelled as it appeared in the room.

Up on the roof, Sunset joined the others and saw the many Klink and Klang surrounding them. Sunset then turned to Doc, "How was this better than being protected inside the carriage?!"

Doc smirked as he and Twilight pulled out their Pokeballs, "Because now, we've got room to move. Tockwork!"

"Owlicious!"

"Come on out!" They both tossed the Pokeballs into the air, opening to release the creatures inside.

"Tock/Hoo!" The two Pokémon got into a fighting stance, Tockwork readying its gears to attack while Owlicious flexed its wings. Peewee also leapt off Spike's shoulder, ready to fight.

The Klink and Klang shot towards the group. "Gear Grind!" Tockwork launched the gears off its arms, both smashing a pair of Klink before bouncing off and hitting a Klink and Klang next.

"Confusion!"

"Hoo!" Owlicious's eyes glowed before a pair of beams shot out, striking one of the Klang and knocking it back. The Psychick then spun on the spot, allowing it to steer the laser at the barrage of enemies.

Spike turned to Peewee "Ember Peewee!"

Peewee nodded before taking a large breath in, "Terr...WAGON!" It then unloaded a flurry of small fireballs, all exploding at the swarm of Klink and Klang.

Sunset just started in amazement at the three's skill, watching as the army that surrounded them was slowly thinning out. "Mind if we join?" She turned around at the voice, only to see Flash and his Pokémon climb up onto the roof, "Looks like fun. Viper, use Flamethrower!"

Viper leapt off his shoulder before unleashing a stream of fire, the flames wiping out the last enemy, "HIsscor!" he smirked as he landed.

"Nice timing Flash," Twilight replied as her Pokémon landed on her shoulder.

Flash smirked as he rubbed his nose, "Its one of my specialities."

"Come on, let's get out of here before they recover!" Doc yelled at them as he gestured the group to follow him to the train engine. Everyone nodded to do so, but before they even got to the next carriage-

"STAGROWTH!" Thawn's fully evolved form landed on the roof, blocking their way.

They all gasped and tried to turn around, "REPTIDAL/VIPEACON!" Hisscor and Aquana's final forms landed on other side of the roof, the water Pokémon creating its water katana before pointing it at them.

The ten of them all huddled back to back, only for Forest to speak up, "Don't bother," they looked up to see Forest, Pyron and Cecelia float down on their Z.Z Flyers. "There's no place to run."

"We'll see about that. Quick Attack Springer!"

"Ri!" Springer rushed at Stagrowth, jumping up to kick him.

"Horn Leech!"

"Stag!" Stagrowth lowered it's horns, which began to glow. Springer's eyes went wide at this, but he was going too fast to stop and soon found the horns being thrusted into him.

"RIOLU!" Springer yelped as he was knocked back, soon landing in Flash's catching arms.

"You okay bud?" Flash's question was met with a moan from the Riolu, his head dizzyingly rocking back and forth.

The trio all laughed at this before turning their attention to Sunset, gasping when they spotted Eclixie floating next to her. "It hatched?!"

Sunset glared at Forest before grabbing and tightly hugging Eclixie. "Yes, it did. And I'm not letting you damn monsters get your hands on it."

"Oh come now." Sunset's eyes went wide at this voice, soon looking up and seeing a small egg shaped vehicle float over to them. It was no bigger than an old fashioned car, which was silver in color with a tinted triangular window on the front. Once it was at eye level, a window opened to reveal Mechano, complete with a devilish smile, "I'm sure I taught you better than to use such language."

Sunset hissed at this sight, "Mechano..."

"That's Mechano?" Flash commented as he pointed at the disfigured scientist.

"What happened to him?" Spike asked next.

Mechano growled at the question as he reached up and scratched at the mechanical half of his face. "Nothing that concerns you. Hand over the Pokémon and we can all go on our way."

"NEVER!" Sunset screamed, her hug tightening anymore.

Mechano just sighed, shaking his head at the girl. "Sunset, why are you being so difficult? We all want the same thing, to get Eclixie to the Eclipse Temple."

"We do NOT want the same things! I want to get it there so it can go home, but you want to use it for your own ends!" Eclixie looked up at Sunset, wondering what she meant as she continued. "I saw the plans in your lab! I saw what you plan to do with them! You want to use Eclixie as a battery to open a portal to who knows where!"

Mechano let out a long huff at this, "Seriously? Why shouldn't I do this?! Eclixie's powers are wasted if I let it do what it wants. Why, with that little...thing, I'll open a portal to the home dimensions of the Legendary Pokémon, Alicormony and Dischaos."

Everyone's eyes went wide at hearing this, Flash yelping, "Legendary Pokémon?!"

Twilight's mind suddenly flashed back to when she was in the Bale Town Library. "You don't mean...the Legendary Pokémon of Positive and Negative energy?!"

Mechano nodded with a huge grin. "Indeed. I once tried to open a portal to their world, but I didn't have the necessary power and, well..." He pointed to his face, "You can see for yourself what happened. I need a power source that's not only strong enough to handle the energy drain, but that's also compatible with the energy used to create the portals." His grin continued to grow as he looked down at the fairy in Sunset's arms, "And what better power source for the gate than the Pokémon that can open the exact same portal?!"

Flash, Doc and Twilight moved around Sunset protectively, "You'll have to get through us first."

Mechano raised his one eyebrow at this, "This doesn't concern you."

"Oh, I think it does!" Twilight almost yelled. "We might've only just met, but Sunset's our friend!"

Spike nodded in agreement, "And so's Eclixie! We're not gonna let you use it for something it doesn't want!"

"ENOUGH!" Mechano roared, slamming his fist into his ship, making everyone flinch at the outburst. "I see now that there's no need for me to make you understand my genius." He then pressed a button on his controls, causing a port under the ship to open before a robotic arm folded out. At the end of that arm was a satellite dish, which fired a bolt of electricity at them.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Everyone screamed as the bolt struck Sunset and knocked everyone but Eclixie off their feet. At the same time, Eclixie was suddenly trapped as the electricity circled around him to form a cage. "Eclixie!" It cried as it tried to fly out of the cage, only to be zapped by the touch of the trap.

"HA! Like taking candy from a Happiny!" Mechano guffawed as he retracted the cage towards him.

"NO!" Sunset screamed as she scrambled to get up.

"Too late Sunset!" Mechano mocked as he tapped another button, "I'm about to-"

BLAM!

A purple beam of light suddenly hit the ship, causing Mechano's controls to spark, "What the-augh!" Mechano yelled as a spark zapped his hand, "What in the name of-no!" As he said this, the cage containing Eclixie disappeared, causing the little Pokémon to begin to fall.

"ECLIXIE!" Without a second's hesitation, Sunset leapt off the train and caught Eclixie before the two of them fell into the canyon.

"Sunset!" Twilight screamed.

"Come on!" Flash returned Viper before leaping off the train, the others quickly following suit. Soon, the five teens and three Pokémon were falling towards the river, all hitting the water with a tremendous splash.

The sight alone made Mechano's minions just stare in pure surprise. As for Mechcano, his controls stopped sparking, causing him to glare at his goons and yell, "What are you doing?! After them you fools!"

The three teens nodded before Cecelia turned to her partner. "Reptidal, jump in after them!"

"REP!" Reptidal leapt off the train, only to unexpectedly slam into an invisible wall. "REPTIDAL!"

"What?!" Cecelia asked in shock.

"What's going on?" Pyron added.

"Oh no..." Mechano growled as he began typing on his ship's computer, also scanning the area for any kind of energy signature. "This is....yeah, its what I thought. Its the move Barrier, which is surrounding all of us. Someone's trying to keep us away from our target."

"But who?" Forest asked, only to get a glare from Mechano.

"It doesn't matter! I want that Pokémon now!"


On one side of the canyon hidden in the trees, the three equine Pokémon watched as the horned one's horn glowed.

They all looked down at the raging river, hoping the ones they had helped would be far enough by the time Mechano found a way out of the barrier.


One hour later...

Sunset let out a series of shivers as she pulled herself out of the river, her new friends and their Pokémon crawling to shore beside her. Once she was a happy distance from the water, her body gave out as she fell face down into the dirt.

Flash moaned as he did the same. "Everybody okay?"

"Riolu…."

"Twilight here."

"Doc is fully functioning."

"Spike...you get the gist."

"Terra."

"Sunset. Alive, if very wet."

"...."

Sunset picked her head up and started to look around, starting to hyperventilate as her fatigue all but disappeared as she jumped to her feet. "Eclixie?!" The others picked themselves up as well as Sunset started to yell, "Eclixie, where are you?!"

"Ecli…." They all looked up to see the little pixie staring up at the sky. It was in this moment that they realized they were in a forest, complete with a sun almost setting.

"Eclixie?" Sunset whispered as she watched the Pokémon stare at the sky, the moon now raising on the horizon. "Eclixie, what's wrong?"

"Ecli..." was all Eclixie let out as it closed its eyes, only for a bright light began to cover its body. As it did this, the white part of its body began to grow darker while the black parts began to grow lighter. Eventually, its entire body was now the color of gray while the white parts of its body switched to black and vice versa. Then the black sun on its stomach disappeared, a white crescent moon shape now appearing in its place. Eclixie's eyes opened once more before it smiled, "Eclixie!"

Everyone who had watched this were completely stunned as Flash spoke up. "What...just happened?"

Twilight adjusted her glasses at this, "My best guess? Eclixie's form must change during the night."

"Awesome...." Spike added as they watched Sunset move over to Eclixie.

The little pixie flew down and landed in her hands, Sunset soon pulling it close, "Thank goodness. I almost thought I lost you." she then turned to the others. "What do we do now? It won't take long for those four to catch up to us!"

Doc shook his head at this, "I don't think so. For whatever reason, they didn't follow us when we were swept down river. That alone can give us a chance to lose them."

Twilight turned back to the river. "That river forks so much that it'll be impossible to tell which one we ended up taking."

Sunset sighed in relief as she looked down at Eclixie. "That's good. Now we can get you to the temple without worry." Eclixie smiled and nodded as Sunset glanced back at the others. "So what's the plan?"

Everyone stared at each other before Flash looked up at the moon. "Its probably best to move at night. That way, those guys will have a harder time finding us."

The others nodded in agreement, the group soon making their way into the forest. And as they did this, they could feel the danger hanging over them. If they wanted to keep themselves safe, they needed to get to the temple first. That was all they could do.

Author's Note:

Well now Eclixie's hatched, Mechano motivations are established and we have all the info we need. Now we get on to the fun stuff.


Pokemon

Name: Eclixie
Design:
Name: Eclipse and Pixie
Pronounced: E-Clicks-E