• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 1,702 Views, 81 Comments

Sunset's Story - GeneralOs



Sunset, Princess Celestia's Faithful student, is sent on a mission to research another world and to discover the magic of friendship.

  • ...
4
 81
 1,702

A New World part 2: Revelations

Principal Celestia led Sunset to her office which was in the centre of the school on the first floor, close enough to the entrance for visitors to have easy access, but not too far out of the way so students could meet with the principals for various reasons. This position of the office allowed the pair to reach it within a couple of minutes; the office had an imposing look to ensure students knew that visiting it meant bad news. The 2 of them entered the slightly smaller and much darker office, the vice-principals office, inside was another woman whose name was on the door, vice principal Luna.

"Ah, Sunset Shimmer sit down, please. We want to talk about your side of the story." Luna said

"Okay, Vice-Principal. What would you like to know?"

"From your perspective what happened?" Luna asked while Celestia moved a chair to join Luna behind the desk.

"Well I spoke to Ms Cheerilee before entering the room, she left, and I went in. I saw Gilda and the other two. Ganging up on Fluttershy. It looked like they were about to start beating her up when I told them to stop. They turned around, Gilda was about to punch me when Cheerilee came back and sent her to detention with the other two." Sunset replied shocking the 2 administrators.

"Really?" Luna asked "you didn't antagonise them into attacking you? That doesn't fit with what you've done in the past. So I would ask you to tell the truth before we find it out from Fluttershy and the other witnesses in the classroom."

"That is the truth" Sunset responded, agitated by Luna's accusation.

Celestia could see where this was leading to a fight, so she intervened "Luna stop. I will not have you accuse my students of actions you have no proof of."

Sunset could feel she was gaining the upper hand so continued "I have also only been here in Canterlot for one day, so I don't know what past you refer too."

"WHAT?" Celestia and Luna both shrieked. "I am sorry, but you are remarkably similar to someone I know."

"That makes sense," Sunset said. Luna was about to ask how when Sunset continued "Let me tell you my story before you ask questions.." Luna and Celestia both nodded

Sunset started her story "I come from a world called Equestria. We created a portal a thousand years ago that connects your world to ours every 4 years for 3 days. I was sent on a mission to study this world when I realised that doppelgangers of everypony exist here. At first, I believed that it would make my mission easier until Celestia acted as she knew me. That was when I realised that I would have to tell you the truth and hopefully gain an ally or have you find it out at an inopportune moment, risking my existence."

Luna stopped her "I'm sorry, but that's unbelievable; doppelgangers; another world, and what's with this everypony."

Sunset responded, "I will show you proof after I finish my story and the world is full of ponies, so we use that instead of everybody. is it?" Sunset asked Celestia, she nodded.

Sunset continued "Anyway, Luna have you ever heard of Nightmare Moon?"

Luna blushed when she heard the nickname she had in high school before answering "Yes, yes I have, how did you find out about that?"

Sunset replied "I don't know what you mean I am just confirming my theory. In my world, Princess Celestia is the leader of Equestria, and she doesn't have a sister."

Luna was visibly confused at this before Sunset proceeded: "What we do have is the legend of Nightmare Moon who is going to be released from her banishment on the moon 1000 years after her defeat. That happens in 10 years or 2.5 since in this world since time is 4 times faster. I should now mention that there are 4 types of ponies: Earth ponies who have extreme strength; Unicorns who can control magic; pegasi who can fly; alicorns, the rarest type of pony, they are immortal and embody the other three types of pony. Princess Celestia, Nightmare Moon, and Princess Cadance are the only known Alicorns in existence, and in the Equestrian constitution it's written that alicorns are automatically princesses or princes."

Luna continued to ignore Sunsets advice on keeping questions till the end of the story "you cannot expect me to believe that magic exists and that we are princesses in another world, also where did you come up with this theory?"

"I said I would show you proof later and if that isn't enough, I can show you the portal. My theory came from the fact that Celestia acts the same as she does in Equestria just with 1000 years of experience and the way you talk about me. I used to do everything I could for power" Sunset started to tear up "I was mean, harsh, stupid and I didn't realise that until Celestia stopped me 4 years ago." Celestia went over and comforted her. "I didn't even realise what I was destroying until today when I got real friends for the first time. I don't want to lose that. Now what did you mean with how did you find out about that, what is that?"

Celestia who had been quiet until now answered for Luna "That was the nickname she used when she spray painted our entire high school black. She got 1000 hours of community service for trying to make, and I quote the night last forever". Sunset and Celestia burst out laughing at the ashamed Luna who was now red in the face.

"You said you would never tell anyone about that"

"Oh be quiet Luna she just told us one of her greatest secrets it's only fair she knows one of yours."

"Two can play at that game sister; I'm sure that Sunset would love to know of your love of cake."

"Well, it appears that Celestia's love of cake is a universal constant as the same is true for the Princess" Sunset responded laughing. "Anyway, I have proof of this in my bag if you would allow me to get it."

"Yes go and get your bag. We will wait here."


In the Cafeteria
Gilda was sitting silently next to the 3 other bullies; she looked over the footage that the shortest had taken while she was in detention, stuck doing nothing and scaring nobody. None of the 4 knew how to use technology very well, Gilda was trying to learn how to hack into computers to get blackmail on students and faculty, but was only starting. They needed someone who could so that they could create a video and post it on the school's website. That would destroy Sunsets reputation and expose all the embarrassing moments she had over the past day, showing how clumsy and dense she was, not knowing how to use basic technology, something that even the dumb Diamond Dogs could do.

"Let's go to where the nerds sit" Gilda instructed to the other 3, motioning for them to follow her.

They did as told. As the 4 of them moved, Gilda noticed how quiet it became in the cafeteria as everyone looked to see where they were going. Yes, Gilda thought, this was what it was like to be powerful, and that pitiful bug called Sunset was challenging the power she had. Even now Gilda noticed how people on the edge of the cafeteria simply ignored her and carried on with their lunch. She would not stand for that, and in a couple of days, the video would restore her power with everyone knowing what happened if they held against her. They reached the table; everyone was trembling in their seats.

"Who is best at hacking and making videos," Gilda asked them "I have something for them to do". The table collectively pointed at a skinny guy in a yellow and green sweater with the symbol of an atom on it. "Who are you?"

The guy visibly gulped "I'm Micro Chips. What do you want?"

"Well since you asked so nicely, I need you to come with me" Gilda ordered. Micro nodded, his legs shaking as he walked with them. They exited the cafeteria and entered a nearby classroom.

"Now that we're away from any snitches, I need you to create a video with this footage. Once you've done that, come back to me. Remember snitches will get what they deserve" Gilda told him ominously. She left the classroom but not before giving him a camera. He was shocked to see unflattering pictures of Sunset. Some of them were with her friends, and others were of her by herself.

Suddenly the door opened, Micro thought it was Gilda returning, but it turned out to be the 5 girls other than Sunset pictured on the camera.

"What does Gilda want with you?"


Sunset entered the office of Vice-Principal Luna for the second time that day, but this time she had her bag with her. She walked up to the desk and pulled out a book from her bag.

The administrators were confused at this; Luna asked: "This is what proves your story, a journal".

"Not just any journal" Sunset answered "a magic journal". To prove it, Sunset wrote a message on the journal.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I write to you today to tell you my initial findings of the world. The portal exists outside a school here, and there seems to be a doppelganger of everypony here. I have already come across another Celestia; she is the principal of the school here. She also knows another Sunset and mistook me for her, to correct her mistake I have told her and the vice-principal about Equestria. The Vice-Principal is another you might have interest in, her name is Luna and is the sister of this worlds, Celestia. I asked about Nightmare Moon, and it seems that it was a phase she went through when she was younger. This seems to have confirmed my theory that ponies and their human counterparts live similar lives with or without magic. For example, my counterpart seems to have been adopted in this world and is not living near the portal and the Nightmare Moon incident seems caused less damage, Luna is reported to have spray painted a school and gotten 1000 hours of community service. I have also made some new friends here; their names are Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and, Fluttershy. I haven't had much of a chance to speak to them as the Principals called me into a meeting and I write this in front of them to prove my story about a magical world. The technology in this world is very advanced compared to our own, but that makes sense as our best inventors are earth ponies who can't use magic like unicorns.
Your faithful student Sunset Shimmer

Sunset closed the journal. "When the book starts vibrating it will have a new message for me. It's quite possible that the princess is busy and we will have to wait for a new message." The book started to vibrate; Sunset looked at it. "Or not at all and she will reply immediately". The 2 administrators just stared at the book; it was defying all logic they knew.

Dear Sunset Shimmer
It's quite lucky that you caught me when you did. I was about to leave my room for a diplomatic meeting when the book started to vibrate, because of that I will have to keep my response short. It is very interesting to hear about the alternate versions of ourselves, especially the fact that Luna exists in that world as Luna and not Nightmare Moon (Great job on deciphering that legend, as you have no doubt correctly guessed I do not want you present when she returns). The technological difference is the major reason I sent you there, I have found that humans are much more innovative due to the lack of magic allowing them to focus on physical technology and theory rather than magical theory. Most of our physical technology, such as airships and trains, come from that world and their ideas were simply taken by me and introduced to Equestria with minor changes and upgrades over time. It is excellent to hear you making friends, I hope to hear more about them in the future, but I must leave now.
Sincerely Princess Celestia

Sunset quickly read the message and showed it to the principals; they couldn't believe what they were seeing. This book defied all common sense and acted like a phone with no technology. "Well considering your reaction," Sunset told them "I guess you believe me and have some questions?"

"What is your real purpose here Sunset?" Luna accused

"What do you mean? I told you this already. It's to learn about friendship and to study the technology of this world. I can see that most of it's advanced, but I don't know how it works." Sunset replied

"Why should I trust that you told me that ponies and humans live similar lives yet this worlds Sunset did nothing but cause harm". Luna challenged

"If I were anyone else would you believe me," Sunset asked

"Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?" Luna asked

"I told you, I am not this worlds Sunset Shimmer and have not lived her life. So you should see me as a separate person to her, even if I look the same".

"Fine I won't berate you for that, now what would you have done if the world was inhospitable?" Luna questioned

"Princess Celestia came into this world around 250 years ago, so we knew that life existed here," Sunset answered.

"What would happen if you didn't get support such as a home or money for food," Celestia asked. Luna rolled her eyes at the question, Celestia always thought of the well-being of her students over the danger they posed.

"Honestly, money isn't an issue, and if I couldn't get a house in 3 days and set up a sort of base of operations, then I would've gone back through the portal as it closes for the next year in this world," Sunset confessed.

"Why is money not an issue?" Luna asked. Sunset responded by showing them the gold and jewels in her bag. Both administrators eyes widened at viewing that much money. "You could buy a mansion with that much money" Luna suggested.

"We didn't know it was that much, but we knew it was a lot again thanks to the Princesses visit. It's however, not that much in my world. I still don't have a home and won't be able to get one for a couple days if this world is anything like mine and, as I said before not many people can see beyond my past back home. I also have real friends for the first time here, so I don't want to leave yet and have to wait 4 years to see them again." Sunset told them sadly.

Celestia thought for a couple of seconds. Not wanting to lose this second chance with Sunset, offered: "Sunset I would be willing to let you stay at my house for the next couple of days until you get set up. I also would be willing to act as your guardian when you need it such as setting up a bank account or buying the house."

"Thank you so much, Principal Celestia, I don't know the first thing about this world, and that would help a bunch" Sunset thanked relieved about the situation.

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch and Luna interjected, "Sunset you should return to the party in the gym and spend this time with your new friends". Sunset did as was suggested and left the room to return to her friends.

"Celestia she said it herself she is not the Sunset Shimmer you knew. You are letting your feelings for the other Sunset cloud your judgement" Luna criticised

"Maybe," Celestia admitted, "but the same could be said for you, I will not take back my offer, and it's only for a few days before she gets her own house."

"We both know that you wanted to adopt Sunset previously, but her disciplinary issues would have put your ability to run the school into question" Luna accused

"Fine, I will not make any rash decisions before I get to know her better" Celestia reluctantly agreed.


An hour ago in the cafeteria
"What should we do now without Sunset," Rainbow asked

"Well, um we could learn more about each other" Fluttershy suggested

"That's a wonderful idea" Rarity agreed "any objections?" After a moment of silence, Rarity continued: "Then it's decided we'll learn about each other until Sunset comes back from the Principals office. Fluttershy why don't you start us off on how you met Rainbow?"

"Um okay, well we both went to Cloudsdale Elementary, but I didn't know Rainbow that well until she stopped Hoops and Dumb-Bell from harassing me after my parents made me join the sports club at school. I wasn't able to keep up with the other kids, and so they started harassing me and calling me names, at least that was until Rainbow challenged them to a race. She bet them that if she won they would leave me alone and if Rainbow lost she would forfeit every race against them for the rest of the year.” The girls were shocked that Rainbow would risk her reputation for a stranger.

“Really? Rainbow doesn’t seem the self-sacrificing type.” Rainbow blushed at the compliment Rarity gave her.

“Honestly it was no trouble, I was totally gonna beat them, and I don’t leave my friends hanging.” Rainbow responded, “Anyway back to the story Fluttershy.”

“Well after that, I started the race; when they passed me they knocked me over, and this adorable little dog came to comfort me. That’s when my love of animals started. I wish that the school allowed animals” Fluttershy started to get incredibly excited “I was thinking of volunteering at the animal shelter, now that we’ve finished moving house, Does anyone want to join me next Saturday?” Fluttershy asked while putting on the most adorable face.

Rainbow and Applejack could both resist the face.

“Sorry, but ah have to work on our farm.”

“I’m joining the Air Force Cadets then so I can’t.”

Rarity and Pinkie, however, couldn’t resist the cute.

“I could join you then Fluttershy. I love making everyone happy even if it’s animals” Pinkie announced

“How could I refuse an offer to join one of my friends? I will be there.” Rarity agreed while thinking: maybe it won’t be as bad it seems, dealing with dirty animals all day.

“Maybe Sunset would be willing to join ya Fluttershy” Applejack suggested

“Oh well, half of you isn’t bad. From what I know the shelter desperately needs volunteers” Fluttershy stated, happy that she got any help at all.

“Now that we know more about Fluttershy why don’t you talk about yourself Applejack, I must say I’m quite curious about this farm you mentioned.” Rarity stated keen for more gossip.

Applejack started on her story “It all started when ma parents went missing a good ten years ago. Ah was just a little child who had lost it all, but it hit mah, brother, harder. He had to run the farm all by himself. We had Granny Smith to run the finances, but nobody other than mah brother could run the day to day operations. That was when I decided to move to Manehattan with my aunt and uncle Orange. When I was there, I got a call from my brother saying how much he missed me and how he didn’t want to lose me like we lost our parents. It was the most ah’d ever heard him talk and so ah returned to the farm the next week. It made me realise how important family is.” The girls all had tears in their eyes after the story. “Anyway in 6 weeks my brother is going on vacation so ah have to learn how to run the farm which is why ah’m busy in two weeks.”

"Rainbow are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, "You look like you're crying."

"What, no it's just that something got in my eye. I'm too awesome to cry" Rainbow answered quickly "Let's just get on to my story okay."

The girls nodded their assent, but just as Rainbow began Gilda started to lead the group of bullies across the cafeteria and everyone went deathly silent. The girls were sitting on the edge of the cafeteria so they could hear the whispering of people wondering what was going on quite clearly. Most of them were whispers of what would happen to Sunset, something that was not lost on the 5 of them. Gilda went over to one of the tables and dragged someone away from it, once she left Rainbow spoke up.

"We should find out what she's planning to do to Sunset. Maybe it has something to do with that guy".

"Ah doubt it Rainbow" Applejack replied, "There is no way that she could convince someone to help her."

"Although it's barbaric she could force him to help her" Rarity suggested

"Anyway, we should talk to him once she leaves him alone," Rainbow told them.

They followed Gilda to an empty classroom and hid outside until she left, hopefully leaving the guy alone. Their hopes were substantiated when Gilda left with her cronies back to the cafeteria. They waited for a moment to see if Gilda would return before bursting into the room. In the room was a guy holding a camera who looked terrified before calming down as he realised who entered the room.

Rainbow asked him "What does Gilda want with you?"

He nervously replied, "I don't want to tell you she said snitches would get what they deserve."

This confirmed Rainbow's fears that he was working with Gilda, just not willingly as she had first thought. Rarity was also proven correct in that Gilda forced him to work with her.

Fluttershy comforted him "If you help us catch Gilda, she won't be able to hurt you. She'll either be expelled, suspended or in detention. What's your name? Sorry for not asking earlier."

"It's fine, I'm Micro Chips, and I guess I could tell you, but you have to promise to keep me safe from Gilda."

"Sure" Rainbow replied casually.

"She gave me this camera, and wants me to create a video with the footage on it." The girls looked at the footage and had an excellent idea of what Gildas plan for revenge was.

"What should we do?" Fluttershy asked them

"Well we could delete the footage," Rainbow suggested

"Hey, that would make Gilda target me." Micro objected

"He's right, and what's to stop Gilda from getting more footage. We need a plan to stop her once and for all." Rarity told them

"Ah agree, better to deal with the varmit once than twice." Applejack agreed

"Um, Micro did Gilda tell you anything else?" Fluttershy asked

"No, no she didn't. However, she did want someone who was good at hacking."

Suddenly the bell rang signalling the end of lunch; the girls gave Micro the camera back to ensure that Gilda wouldn't be suspicious of them.


They returned to the party and met back up with Sunset.

"Hey Sunset" Rainbow greeted "We found out a bit about Gildas plan for revenge".

"That's great, what did you find out?" Sunset replied

"She's going to create a video to ruin your reputation, but what did Celestia want with you?"

"I'll tell you the specifics later, but Luna wanted to know my side of the story between Fluttershy and Gilda."

"Okay? Applejack said confused. What else is there to tell, she thought.

"We should come up with a plan to deal with Gilda," Rainbow said putting the conversation back on track.

"Well we know who's making the video so we could have him create one that isn't as bad" Pinkie suggested

"Is there anything else that you found out about her plan?" Sunset asked them.

"Yes, ah found out that she needed someone who was good at hacking," Applejack told her.

"But that would mean she needs to gain access to information or a website that she can't already." Rarity pondered out loud "Our school information on our family and where we live is one option. I think she is probably going to target you when you are alone without us to support you. Where do you live so we can minimise the danger to you?"

Sunset knew that she would have to reveal the truth sooner or later; however, she decided that telling them now might scare them away, so she told them the partial truth vowing to say the rest of it after Gilda was dealt with. "I'll tell you the reasons behind this once Gilda's dealt with, but I'm going to be living with Principal Celestia for the next few days."

The girls were surprised at this information. "Does that mean you're her daughter?" Rainbow asked

"Now Rainbow Dash, Sunset said she would tell us after we deal with Gilda; we should trust her to stick to that promise." Rarity scolded.

"Fine" Rainbow sighed. "Let's just continue to share stories as we did over lunch, now that we have a plan."

"What?" Sunset asked

"We learned more about each other during lunch darling. It was simply a necessity after becoming friends. Anyway Rainbow why don't you share your story?"

"Well, I met Fluttershy in Cloudsdale Elementary, as you already heard from her. I always hated sitting still and prefered action, that's why I joined the sports club. Soon after I joined, I became the fastest runner they had which is why those two boys took me up on my offer to forfeit every race if I lost to them during the bet. I didn't, and that race made me set a new record on the track for the 200m sprint. I beat the old record by a good second; it was awesome, and I gained my best friend because of it. After that I've always wanted to join the Wonderbolts, you know the elite fighter squadron. I already mentioned this, but I'm joining the Air Force Cadets soon to prove that I have what it takes to fly with the best. I'm also gonna join most of the sports teams here to stay in shape. Sunset do you want to join me in some of those teams?"

"I'll think about it Rainbow" Sunset responded. She wasn't quite sure herself if she wanted too but staying in shape and learning how to use this body more effectively would be a good use of her time. Unlike some of the others, she didn't have to spend time at work as she had all the money she would need, so that freed up some of her time during the week. Sunset was about to agree with Rainbow when she decided to wait until the Gilda thing was over, so she stayed silent.

"Well if you do want to, just come to talk to me about it," Rainbow told her. "What's your story Pinkie?"

"My parents are both miners, and I used to live in a small mining town in the country," The bubbly pink girl told her.

"That's surprisingly depressing, but I guess it makes sense as you can't make someone smile without practice and what better practice is there than being around constantly depressed people," Sunset said.

Pinkie responded "I know right. Anyway, my family which consists of my 3 sisters Marble, Limestone, Maud and my parents then moved to the city a couple of years ago so that Maud could get a university education. That's when I entered Ponyville junior high and met Rarity and Applejack. A few years before that there was a collapse in the mines, and a kid lost one of his parents. I just couldn't imagine what it was like for him and so I decided never to let people be sad and have them turn their frowns upside down. One of the best ways to do that I found out is to bake cakes and other goodies for people who are sad, that's why I want to work at a bakery or restaurant. Maaaybe a Coffe shop." During the explanation Pinkie's hair went greyer and straighter until it regained its colour and poofiness at the end of her explanation.

The girls were slightly disturbed by the story and Pinkies hair but were ultimately happy for the girl as she explained her life goal of stopping all sadness.

Pinkie said, "Well Rarity you're up next, the script says so". The girls ignored the last remark as Pinkie being Pinkie and Rarity began her story.

"Well," Rarity started "It all began in Ponyville elementary. We were going to host the yearly hearths warming festival; quite an honour may I add, but that's when we discovered that the traditional costumes were damaged. I know it's quite the tragedy, but I persevered and volunteered myself to help create new costumes. Before I gave them my expertise the costumes looked drab and unprofessional; then I stepped in and spent the following week improving the costumes they had made. The final products looked absolutely fabulous, and they stole the show, the paper even said they were some of the best props they had seen. This convinced my parents to let me work at out store the Carousel Boutique where everything is chic and magnifique, sorry force of habit, anyway I work there, and I love it."

Suddenly the final bell rang signalling that the Students could leave for home and get prepared for the 1st actual day of school tomorrow. Before they could go, however, Principal Celestia had an announcement "We are looking for volunteers to help us clean up the party and allow us to continue this tradition for next years freshmen." The girls immediately stopped leaving and after a moment of discussion started to help them clear out the hall. Sunset worked on the banner with Rarity. Applejack and Rainbow began to move the tables back to the classrooms they came from. Pinkie and Fluttershy helped by grabbing brooms and sweeping clear the confetti on the floor.


Cleaning the gym took the girls about an hour. Sunset left last as Principal Celestia had to supervise all the kids until they left so she could lock the school doors for the night. They both left the building, and Celestia led Sunset over to a white 4 door sedan in the faculty lot. They entered the vehicle, and Celestia started to drive her somewhere, the car looked brand new with its clean seats and shiny exterior. Celestia suddenly stopped the car outside a building that Sunset could see was a bank.

"Why are we here?" Sunset asked Celestia

"To get you an account and debit card of course," Celestia replied

"What's a debit card?"

"It's a card that stores all your banking information. It allows you to pay for things online or without money as you can just use the information on the card."

"Isn't that insecure?"

"You need a special 4 digit code to access it, and you need banking information if you are going to sell those jewels and gold bars you have. Just let me do the talking."

The pair of them entered the building "hello what can I help you with?" the teller asked them.

"Hi, I would like an appointment to set up an account for Sunset here. I am her legal guardian" Celestia told him.

"Well, we aren't too busy right now so if you have time we could do it right away. Just enter the office through there."

"Perfect, thank you."

After 20 minutes of getting personal information from Sunset and Celestia, they signed the document and the bank staff told them to expect the card and pin number in the mail a couple of days from now. They did, however, get the account number that would allow them to make deposits in the account. Next Celestia drove them to a cash4gold store where you would get ripped off, but they wouldn't ask questions as long as it was real gold. Sunset made a total of around 15 million from the gold and still had the Jewels to sell. The jewellery store they came across was amazed at the gems; they valued all of them at no less than 130 million together with the largest in the set being worth 20 million. After some negotiation, they sold the gems for 135 million meaning that Sunset now had a net worth of around 150 million and could get more from Equestria. It was just after 7 pm when Celestia drove the pair to a medium and luxurious house near the school on a hill overlooking the city.


The home was a 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, one of which Celestia turned into a storage space; the other 3 had ensuite bathrooms; it had a beautiful kitchen downstairs with a view of the city; finally, it had a dining room where Celestia and Luna would eat together. Celestia gave Sunset the guest bedroom, but she still couldn't help but feel as if she was not welcome. Celestia then made the 3 of them some dinner as she knew from experience that Luna couldn't cook. When the food was prepared, Luna came downstairs and took the meal to her room, ignoring the fact that Sunset was there.

Celestia asked her over dinner "What are you going to do with the money."

Sunset thought for a moment before answering "I need a decently sized house for experiments and I need the best technology to study, so that's what I'll spend it on."

"Have you told your friends the truth."

"No, no I haven't, but I promised them I would after we dealt with Gilda. We think she's planning revenge."

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence as the 2 of them felt awkward around each other, Celestia for acting like a mother figure to someone she knew for less than a day, and Sunset for intruding on her life. Celestia showed Sunset her room, in it was a computer, a bed, a clock, and a closet, it was quite barren with no decorations and was just functional. Sunset spent some time learning how to use a computer properly before going to sleep and, dreaming about what would become of her in this strange new world that had a feeling of familiarity.

Author's Note:

Sorry, it took so long for this to come out, but I didn't have the time I wanted to spend on this. As always comment any suggestions for writing changes or the future story.