• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 7,036 Views, 451 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 451
 7,036

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 - A Devils Redemption

Frisk sat staring at the spot where Chara had stood only mere moment ago. "She can't be gone." She kept whispering as the others seemed too simple remain silent as she and Asriel wept.

Slowly Sans walked forward and knelt down and embraced her. "It'll be fine kiddo." Sans said reassuringly. "Chara would never leave you behind and besides, she's like the smartest human I know so she'll find a way to get out of this. And tibia honest if you think I'm just jawing ya then you gotta know I'm no femur so don’t let me rib you the wrong way." He said getting a broken laugh from Frisk as she pulled him into a hug which he slowly returned patting her back. "There, there, baby bones; It'll all be fine." He said as he ran his phalanges through her hair.

"Sans while your puns are good for reliving the tension of the room I do feel that telling them now is perhaps not the best time." Asgore said.

Sans smiled sadly. "Asgore, the kiddo just lost their love and partner, they need some form of familiarity and right now this is all I got." He said before looking down at the ground. "Besides I never had the backbone to handle situations like this." He said before the save Point at the end of the hall began to glow causing ever one in toe room to turn as it grew and spit out a human child.


One would think that nonexistence would mean that there was nothing and you simply ceased to be but apparently that's not what it was... or she wasn't erased but since the spell worked that shouldn’t be an option. "Well done child." A Voice said calmly causing Chara to try and turn around only to seem to spin in the nothing and somehow end upside down and come face to face with a being that made her go pail.

Before Chara stood a being in a brown trench coat and fedora, his face was in shadows however she could feel the power he held.

"You’re a Void Dweller." She said slowly receiving a nod from the man.

"I believe this is yours?" He asked as he raised his hand showing Shroud being held by his neck like a dog.

"Shroud!" Chara yelled as she floated over and grabbed him before holding him to her chest. "If you so much as hurt a feather on him I swear!" She said her eyes glowing red.

The Man chuckled. "Fear not, I did not come here to harm him or you." He said calmly. "After all you've been through quite enough already. A lot of people have been watching and many have reached hands out to help on more than one occasion." He said with a present tone.

Chara sighed. "I had a good run, but my times up." She said as he looked down at Shroud who was till unconscious, or just asleep, she couldn't really tell.

"For one so set to give everyone else a happy ending you certainly never got one." The Void Dweller said. "Fortunately for you your stories not over just yet." He said as he held up her soul. "This is your soul; I grabbed it at the last minute." He said calmly. "And I'm giving it back to you as well as a few... upgrades." He said calmly.

Chara frowned. "The catch is?" She asked receiving a chuckle.

"Your gifts will leave you completely drained and near death if used too much, they are too taxing on your body. You also won't be a demon anymore; congratulations because of yourself sacrifice your now redeemed to the status of Fallen Angel." He said causing Chara to look at him in shock. The Void Dweller seemed to understand her confusion and chuckled. "Did you honestly think we wouldn't notice what the PLAYER was doing? All you've done and gone through has earned you quite a bit of respect my little god killer." He said as he pat her head. "Determination like yours doesn't go without rewards."

Chara seemed speechless. "I-okay... what?" She asked confused.

The Man laughed. "Be aware Chara this is a onetime thing, I only just managed to save you from obliteration and it's going to affect your body. You will be reduced to a younger state, by how much I don't know, but given your several centuries old I imagine it won’t affect you much. Of course you'll have to recover your magic on your own so there is that."

Chara nodded. "Okay, I understand... I think." She said.

The Dweller nodded. "First off here's these." The Dweller said as he snapped his fingers and a Gaster Blaster and True Knife made of a black metal that looked like they had galaxies in them appeared. "These are the Radiant Incarnation and Harkonnen Incarnation versions of your True Knife and Gaster Blaster; they are made of Star Metal so it can be used to kill being such as us. Given you managed to defeat a Void Dweller I'm sure some will want to test you." He said calmly.

Chara smiled as she took the knife and the Blaster vanished into her inventory. "I'm sure it will serve me will when I fight the next corrupted Soul." She said with a smile.

The Dweller nodded. "Second I'm removing your ability to use the Black magic ritual: Extinction, that attack is far too powerful and we don't want you to cease to exist now do we?" Chara frowned and the Dweller chuckled. "Don't worry, I am replacing it with the White Magic Ritual: Annihilation; it has the same effect but rather than using your soul it only uses all your magic. It is less powerful because of this fact but it won't kill you, still only use it as a last resort."

Chara nodded. "I will, don't plan on killing myself again. At least anytime soon." she said with a smirk receiving a chuckle from the dweller who nodded

"Good, next is the Special attack False Deities Destruction, this is your reward for killing a Void Dweller. What it does you have to learn on your own however." He said with a smirk visible under the shadows of his hat. "Can't tell you everything after all.”

Chara nodded. "Thanks, since my only Special Attack is effectively a suicide spell I could do with another."

The Dweller nodded. "Be aware this is a onetime thing Chara Dreemurr, and Many Void Beings are now watching you." He said as he began to faid.

Once the Dweller was gone Chara felt the sensation of falling and unceremoniously landed in a white void, as she groaned and sat up as a hand reached out to her. "Been a long time kiddo, how ya been?" A familiar voice asked.

Chara looked up to see the man who she always net when she died. "Oh, so you're here too." She said with a groan as she grabbed the hand and was pulled up. "Gotta say I imagined you would of passed on or something by now."

The Man shrugged. "Yeah well, I'd love to but I really can't. Like I told you a long time ago we're linked." He said as she looked around the empty space. "Every time you die I get brought here, when you're alive I kinda... don’t exist?" He said sounding a bit confused at the end.

Chara looked at him curiously. "So what you just appear when I'm dead?"

The Man shrugged. "Well, I died and was meant to be in your place but the PLAYER wasn’t fast enough to stop me form using the True Knife to cut the strings that bound me to you. As a result you got full control of what was once my body and I sorta just continued to exist in some sense, I missed one of the strings so I'm still kinda attached to you but I'm still me at the same time."

Chara frowned. "I wonder..." She trailed off and pulled out the True Knife. As she did this several cut red strings appeared each one wrapped around one of his arms and legs, Chara had the same on her however there was a fifth string. The fifth string wrapped tightly around the mans and Charas neck and as Chara saw it she raised her knife and slashed cutting the string and causing all them to glow brightly before fading away. "Huh, that actually worked." She said in shock.

As Chara cut the string the Man’s body began to glow and his clothes changed into silver armor, a cape and sword appeared on him as well. As the man looked down at himself in surprise she slow turned to Chara and bowed. "You have my eternal gratitude." He said with a smile.

Chara nodded as the knife disappeared. "So what happens to you now?" She asked.

The man shrugged. "I don't know, oh I never did give you my name did I?" He asked with a smile as he reached out his hand. "Name’s Kris Hughes." He said with a smile.

Chara hesitated but shook the hand. "Guess you already know me but I'm Chara Dreemurr, nice to finally get a name."

Kris smiled. "Hey don't worry well meet again, don't know where and I don't know when but I know we'll meet again one sunny day." He said with a smile.

Chara frowned. "I hate that song." She muttered as the world began to break apart.

Kris laughed. "Remember kid, reality is an illusion so you decide what it looks like." He said as the world shattered and Chara fell once more only to land on the floor with a thump and a groan.

“Did someone get the number of that buss before it drove off?" She asked as she tried to stand only to fall to the ground anoint. "Fuck you Void Dweller giving me fucking Magic Exhaustion!" She yelled raising a hand in the air and showed the middle finger before passing out.

Everyone simple stared at the unconscious body of Chara till a tall female goat in purple roves with the delta rune on them burst in from the elevator. “Where are my children!?” She screamed before seeing an unconscious Chara and crying Asriel.

As soon as Asgore saw the monster his shoulder slumped. “Somehow I feel like I’m about to be blamed for this.” He said quietly before a massive fire ball blasted him back. “Knew it.” He said with a groan.

Author's Note:

So this chapter is done, I'm not satisfied with it but I've already spent to much time on it so I'm posting it and moving on. Yes, Kris will be in the story in the future; I've always planned for this to happen and I always planned for Chara to get the power she did as well. I just didn't write it very well and I don't want to spend a month trying to do it. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one.

Image of what kris looks like:

PreviousChapters Next