• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 7,034 Views, 451 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 451
 7,034

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24 – The End of the PLAYER and Revival of Monsters

Sans stood calmly in the throne room of New Homes Castle, beside him stood Chara and Asriel as well as Frisk and all the monsters who had survived or in his brothers case been revived. "Well we're ready as we'll ever be." He said with a sigh.

Chara nodded and she closed her eyes, Frisk and Asriel following and after a moment all three of their souls floated from their bodies and hovered in place as magic began to build up around them. In a flash a pair of glowing red demon wings and horns grew from Chara as a pair of glowing red angelic wings and a halo appeared on Frisk; Asriel began to change into his God of Hyperdeath form however his form glowed pure white. Sans's eye lit up as he watched the determination and magic merge into a single point and form a sphere.

With a smile he raised his hand and a Gaster Blaster appeared before him and fired into the sphere destabilizing it and slowly the unstable orb crackled with energy which shot off in random directions before it seemed to collapse in on itself and vanish only to explode outward in a shockwave that spread throughout the Underground. As the shockwave moved outward it touched the dust of every monster and for a moment the dust seemed to glow before changing into a liquid and spreading out forming the bodies of the monster it once was. From within the Void Gaster watched with a proud smile as thousands of souls seemed to flicker to life and glow before they were pulled back to the bodies the once inhabited.

Frisk groaned as she fell back and landed on the cold tile. "We'll it worked." She said with a smile.

Asriel sighed. "Yeah but how are we going to explain any of this to the other monsters?" He asked tiredly.

Chara laughed. "Despite the PLAYERS power and many resets, when they originally took control of Frisk their RESET was incomplete so they glitched the Timeline." Chara said with a sigh as she hunched over forward slightly in exhaustion.

"Pap’s remembered everything that happened and was even aware of what was going on while he was dead." Sans said with a nod. "I imagine that all the monsters will not only remember what happened but also were completely aware of what was going on while they were dead."

Frisk smiled. "Hey Chara, do you think Undyne saw all the awesome bad ass stuff we did?" She asked with a grin.

Chara groaned. "Oh no, both she and Alphys are going to be gushing about how awesome we are and how it's just like in an anime."

Sans and Asriel chuckled. "Well you two are pretty awesome." He said as a groan was heard from the side of the room and everyone turned their eyes widening as they saw a Monster in heavy gold and purple armor.

Chara slowly walked forward as tears began to fall form her eyes. "Dad..." She trialed off as the King turned in shock to see his daughter.

"Chara!" He cried as Chara ran and tackled him tears falling from both their eyes. "I saw everything child, I cannot express how proud I am of you and the woman you've become." He said as he hugged the demonic human.

"I missed you." She cried into his chest.

Asgore looked away sadly as he patted his daughters back. "I know child." He said as he looked up and saw Asriel. "Asriel, my son, look at you!" He said in surprise as he saw the goat monster before him.

Asriel approached his father and looked at him for a moment before pulling him into a hug. "Glad to have you back dad, not sure what I'd do if you didn't come back."

"It's good to actually hold you this time, son." Asgore said with a smile as he pulled Asriel into the hug. "I imagine that your mother will be on her way here as fast as she can be." He said with a smile.

"Yeah and so will be half the Kingdom your majesty." Sans said as he knelt before the King.

Asgore looked down at sans with a smile as he released his children. "Sans, it is good to see you once more." He said with a smile.

"Glad to see you to ya old fluff ball." Sans said with a smile.

The group stood quietly for a moment with smiles on their simply content to stand together however the silence was broken by the sound of slow clapping coming form the judgement hall. "Awe what a touching reunion." Said a voice that caused all present to freeze. Slowly everyone turned to see the white outline of the PLAYER standing at the end of the hall chapping their hands. "Did you really think that such an act as restoring all the Monsters in the Underground would not be noticed by me?" He asked.

Chara, Asriel and Frisk all summoned their weapons while Sans's eye glowed and a Blaster appeared beside him and he glared at the PLAYER. PLAYER smile grew however before either group could make a move Asgore stepped forward his footsteps echoing throughout the room as he entered the Judgment hall and faced the PLAYER. "Oh, the Foolish King steps forward?" PLAYER asked mockingly. "and what can I do for you your majesty?" He said as he gave a mocking bow.

"Despite us never meeting personally I believe I know who you are quite well after having observer your interactions with my children in the Void." Asgore said his voice cold and calm. "You are the PLAYER, the one who stole our happy ending, who ruined by daughter’s wedding and killed us all over and over for your own sick enjoyment."

The PLAYER chucked the unsettling white smile on their already white being unnerving everyone present. "Guilty as charged; and your King Asgore Dreemurr, the Foolish King who sits upon his throne morning the past."

"You shut the fuck up about my dad!" Asriel yelled as he moved to attack however Asgore rose his arm and preventing him form moving forward. "Dad?"

"I may be an old sentimental fool and I can not excuse the actions I have committed however As my loyal Judge once said; I can no longer afford not to care anymore." Asgore said as he summoned his trident causing it to glow. "I so badly want to say, "would you like a cup of tea?" Asgore said before sighing. "But... you know how it is." Slowly the King walked forward and looked out the windows of the hall seeing the golden light that shone through. "It's a nice day today, huh? Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... perfect weather for a game of catch." Asgore sighed and turned back to the PLAYER. "... We both know what you will do. Even with all you have done, I wish I could say otherwise but... I am not ready for this." The PLAYER laughed as they stepped forward and Asgore sighed. "I see... this is it then."

Asgore King of Monster
Blocks your path

As the battle began Asgore raised his hand and a wave of fire balls shot at the player who began to dodge as soon as it ended the PLAYER immediately used Check to see the stats and grimaced.

King Asgore Dreemurr
HP: 3500/3500 ATK: 80000 DF: 80000 SP: 23544 MAG: 76293
The wise King of the Underground

The PLAYER summoned his knife and charged swinging wildly at Asgore however Asgore blocked the strikes with his trident and what attacks did land were absorbed by Asgore's armor.

The kings eyes lit up with as he raised his trident; Blue, Orange, blue, blue, Orange. As The sequence ended Asgore swung his trident and waves of magic following the pattern were released with each swing forcing the player to avoid both the strikes from the trident and the magic, something that quickly was proven to be impossible as he was slashed by the trident.

The Player growled as the ran forward the king calmly blocking the attacks of his faster opponent. "Speed in battle was never my strong point. Unlike Sans who could dodge even the truest of arrows or my sons who's battle style requires movement, I could never attain such skills. Instead I learned to compensate my weaknesses!" Asgore said as he thrust his trident out and slammed the PLAYER back before charging them his attacks were slow but the tridents staff like nature and the brutality of each blow made up for the speed overwhelming the PLAYERS defenses and sending them flying back. Asgore leapt into the air and reversed his grip on the trident before thrust it forward sending it flying with enough power to see a shockwave of air from where he threw it.

The PLAYER tried to doge the attack however the prongs of the trident caught them and the threw them to the ground where they were pinned by the neck, the tridents prongs trapping their neck and the arm they had the knife in. "It's time I show you my special attack!" The King roared as his eyes glowed with fire and he began to fall back to the ground. Slowly a massive spear began to form in his hand as he fell the spear grew in intensity and light the flames it was made of shining as bright as a star. The PLAYERS eyes widened as he saw a the spear of fire falling straight at him. "SPECIAL ATTACK: GOD SPEAR!" Asgore roared as he struck, thrusting the spear forward and striking the PLAYER as he used the shock wave form the explosion to push himself back and land on the ground.

"Did that get them?" Sans asked as he stepped forward. Asgore was silent as he narrowed his eyes. Slowly the dust began to settle and as it did a figure began to form slowly waking out of the cloud.

The PLAYER head was bowed. "Good try, but not good enough." They said before their eyes flickered with Magenta light. "I think this is the first time I've ever had to actually use my special little secret." The said as their smile grew larger as a magenta human soul appeared. As it did Sans and Charas eyes widened as the pupal shrank in fear. "Behold your God, and taste from me Despair.' They said with a smile. as the soul pulsed and forced all the monsters to their knees as Celestia and Luna gasped in pain.


Chara grit her teeth as something seemed to well up inside her. "Bastard." She spit causing everyone to stare at her in surprise not just because she was still standing but because she was actually walking toward the PLAYER. "It because of beings like you that I still am bound to this curse." She said as she continued to walk forward however as she approached the PLAYER her form began to change. Slowly her eyes changed from white to black till only a pinprick of red light was left as a black liquid began to leaked from them, her flesh slowly changed form a pale completion to a sickly white becoming corps like as the flesh around her mouth decomposed and with a sickening ripping sound black bones extended from her back forming skeletal wings. "You disgust me." She said coldly, her voice reverberating and echoing as if it were overlaid.

"Ah I see Hate still hold your soul." PLAYER said with a frown. "I don't understand why you continue to resist, what drives you to such lengths to defy me as you've done. I cannot understand why you'd risk and endure so much for these pathetic creatures!"

Chara smiled as she looked at the PLAYER. "It's simple PLAYER, there are things I wish to protect, things I need to protect. It is this conviction, this understanding of my duty that I draw from to fuel both my Determination and Hate, it is what allows me to deify all expectations of what a bearer of Hate is meant to be and do." She said as a tendril of the black substance extended form her hand transforming in to a knife.

As Chara spoke Frisk managed to rise as well her form glowing and changing as she slowly walked to Charas side. From her back grew a set of pure white wings, the whites of her eyes changed to change to glow with an amber light as her iris and pupil changed to silver as white liquid began to drip form them. "You have been a blight on us long enough." She growled as she joined her wife.

"Frisk?" Chara asked in concerns she saw her summon her spear.

"I'm tired of running, of fighting!" She yelled as the player seemed taken aback. "You claim to be our god, our creator but you’re not. You’re a thief stealing our lives form us and I'm sick of it!" She screamed as he charged at the PLAYER her spear piercing through their chest.

"Impossible!" The PLAYER grunted out in shock however suddenly another blade ripped out from his back and he gasped in shock as he looked back to see Chara her corrupted blade piercing through their chest.

"It's time to end this." Chara said as her form changed once more. Slowly her wings seemed to knit together forming a membranes as horns ripped out of her head and her clothes changed to their demonic form. "Frisk get back, I... I’m finishing this." She said as she granted and threw the PLAYER overhead sending him flying backward. Frisk leapt back as Chara turned to the player and closed her eyes a small smile playing across her face. "Thank you Frisk, these last few centuries have been my happiest. Asriel, try not to cry too much, I'll be back." She said causing Asriels eyes to widen in fear as he tried to run to her only for Asgore to grab him.

"Chara NO!" He yelled in fear however she simply smiled as she turned to PLAYER as her soul appeared before her.

Chara's soul glowed the Monster part glowing white as the human part sucked in a light with the black hate consuming it. "I am She who slays and captures gods," She said her voice reverberating as a magic circle appeared in front of her. "I am the one who knows the End and Founder of Genesis;" She continued as she grabbed her soul and held it in the center of the circle. " now return thy self to the Cycle of Providence, the Five Elements to Elements and sever the link woven between Images and the Truth;" As he continued the PLAYER roared in anger and charged her however Chara’s smile simply grew. " I declare that all Creation shall perish here at the distant ends of the Void. Now I’ll send you to hell PLAYER, I'll see you there.” She whispered as her eyes turned cold and dead. “BLACK MAGIC RITUAL: Extinction!" Chara screamed.

As soon as she yelled this Asriel screamed and he reached out for Chara as all the color in the world was sucked away and it seemed to freeze before Chara's soul began to turn to dust and she smiled happily as she looked at the player and smiled as slowly the magic circle began to rotate and then there was nothing, no explosion or even a flask it simply was nothing.

Everyone stood in shock at what they saw till Frisk slowly walked forward and looked around as tears began to fall from her eyes. "Chara?" She asked as she looked around as Asriel fell to his knees. "Asriel what happened to Chara?" She asked as she turned to the prince.

Asriel looked at the ground his head bowed as tears ran down his face. "Extinction, a black magic ritual that sacrifices not just the user’s soul but their own existence. There's no coming back from such a fate, once you die your dead forever. It's not like falling into the void where no one remembers you, this isn't even death. It's obliterating ones soul."

The Princesses looked confused. "What do you mean Asriel?" Celestia asked.

"No rebirth, no afterlife, no anything." Sans said quietly draw the attention of everyone. "You cease to exist as your essence is absorbed into the spell to erase your target in the same way. "Chara just gave her every existence to save us from the PLAYER." Everyone looked at Sans in shock before turning to where Chara had last stood.

To be continued...?

Author's Note:

The Story is not over yet I promise this

PreviousChapters Next