• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 6,986 Views, 450 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 450
 6,986

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23 Part 1 - The Crystal War: Part 4

Chara stood looking over a cliff face at the corrupted Crystal Empire; black crystal spires twisted around the blue crystal like plunder vines chocking the life from them. "Disgusting." She whispered under her breath as she looked at it.

"What's wrong Chara?" Frisk asked as she looked at her fuming wife.

"Aside from the fact that this place reeks of corruption I sense that whatever is doing this is fueled by hate." She said in a dark voice. "It’s an all you can eat buffet of hatred and corruption." She said as her eyes began to change to their demonic form. "It's... temptation to one such as me." She whispered as she shuddered.

Frisk frowned. "Maybe you should say behind." She offered only for a laugh to come from behind them causing Frisk to turn and glare at Asriel who was sitting on a frozen boulder polishing his swords.

"We tried that when we went to face off against the Griffon Queen, Talon the Soul of Fear." He said with a smile. "Instead she comes barging in and unleashes Gaster on them almost dying in the process." He said as he stood. "We can't stop her if she decided to come so just let her be."

"Honestly I doubt it will be a problem anyway." Chara said calmly. "I wouldn't attack you all, if anything it would probably be best if I do go, all that hate and dark magic would be drawn to me and the more hate I have at my disposal the stronger I am." Chara said with a shrug.

Frisk frowned as she turned to her wife. "That doesn’t mean that that's a good thing. What happens of you lose control or something?" She asked concerned.

Chara shrugged. "Honestly the worst thing that could happen is I run into some form of concentrated hate, if that happened and I came in contact with it I'd instantly become my demon form." She said.

Asriel nodded and turned heading back down the cliff. "Come on you two, we have to prepare for the fight." he said. Frisk nodded and followed but Chara stayed turning to look back at the Empire.

"Though given the condition the Empires in... I'd say that may be a very real danger." She whispered as she turned and followed her wife and brother.


Chara stood calmly watching the battle unfold with a grimace; the plan was the same they had used during the Griffon War; divide the enemy and leave the palace unprotected. "I assume we'll be getting no reinforcements from Shroud or Grillby?" Luna asked as she looked at Chara.

Chars shook her head. "Grillby and what forces we have left are protecting the Everfree. Shroud and the phoenix are beings of fire, if this was a mission to face a dragon overlord in the Dragon Lands then maybe they would help." She said with a shrug.

Celestia sighed. "Right, so we're on our own." She said sadly.

Chara smirked. "You got a Demon, an Angel, and God of Hyperdeath on your side, not to mention that you and your sister can literally call upon the power of the sun and moon like some divine being. Not to mention you al brought the Orbital Friendship Cannon of Deus Ex Machina anyway so if everything goes to hell you can just call on that." She said as she waved her hand dismissively.

Celestia frowned. "The Elements of Harmony and while we brought them I would rather not use them." She said.

"The armies are in position; it's time for us to make our move." Asriel said as he turned to the princesses.

Celestia nodded as her horn glowed however nothing happened and she frowned. "The Shield over the city is blocking teleportation."

Chara sighed. "Then teleport us right outside." She said with a groan. Celestia nodded and lit her horn once more and the group disappeared in a flash before reappearing in front of the shield. The group quickly entered the dark shield however as soon as Chara passed through she fell to her knees.

"Chara!" Frisk yelled in panic as Chara grabbed her head and began to grunt as dark energy began to spark off her.

"Stay back!" Chara yelled as horns ripped out of her head and a pair of wings with black feathers ripped from her back as her clothes began to change into a purple coat with a long tail coat and the Delta rune emblazoned on the chest. Her pants became black and her boots became purple with wraps covering them. The group stood in shock at her transformation however slowly Chara rose and as she opened her eyes they saw they were completely black except for the iris which was glowing red and pupils which were slitted like that of a dragon... or demon.

"Chara... are you okay." Frisk asked in concern as she placed her hand on her wife’s shoulder.

Chara shuddered for a moment before seeming to finally focus and looked down at herself. "Well... this is... unexpected." She said slowly before looking at Frisk. "I-I'm fine, just need to get use to myself again." She said as she shuddered. "I feel violated." She said quietly so only Frisk could here.

Frisk pulled Chara into a hug. "It'll be alright." She whispered in her ear before pulling away and examining her. "Well, you make acute demon." She said causing Chara to blush and look away.

Celestia looked concerned. "Chara, what- I don't- please explain this." She asked with a confused look.

Chara smiled sheepishly revealing her canines had become sharper and looked like fangs. "Remember when I told you all that when both I and the Trait of Hate merge into one I become a Demon?" She asked.

"We do." Luna said. "I also remember you saying that if this ever happened it would be very bad and to find frisk immediately." Luna said.

Chara nodded. "Because Frisk is my opposite, the only reason I'm not going berserk is because Frisks' presence stabilizes me in this form."

"But why did you become like this?" Celestia asked.

Chara sighed as she looked around the corrupted crystal empire. "Because I miscalculated." She said causing everyone to look at her confused. "I thought that since Sombra was corrupted by the Trait of Cruelty the Empire would be consumed with bloodlust and the hate was a side effect but that's not the case." She explained as she frowned. "The Crystal Empire was built and powered by love; the opposite of love is my trait, Hate."

"Which means that with the Empire corrupted it now is a beacon of hatred." Asriel said as his eyes widened. "That means that you entering the empire is like throwing a sponge into an ocean." He said in shock. "You’re absorbing so much hate that your demon form was forced to activate."

Chara nodded. "That about sums it up; of course that also means this whole place is a nexus for my power. I effectively have an infinite power source for this fight." She said with a dark smile.

Celestia shuddered. "Try not to corrupt yourself any more than you already are." She asked.

Chara smiled sadly as she looked at the solar princess. "I'm a literal demon, what could I possibly become that is more corrupt?" She asked as she turned and began to walk down the deserted street. "Come on, I want to pay Sombrero a visit she said with a smile.

The group looked at each other before following Chara to the palace at the center of the empire. When they reached the base of the palace they saw several crystal guards marching around. Chara frowned and looked at the group. "So any ideas?" She asked.

Asriel examined the guards and nodded. "Chara, Frisk you need to get through and kill Sombra. The Princesses and I will hold off the guards."

"Hang on, why us?" Frisk asked.

Arial sighed. "More specifically you, as the bearer of the Trait of HoPe you can stop corrupted traits, Chara is going because she is an Arbiter and given she has unlimited power in this domain she's the best option to face Sombra.

Chara nodded. "But why not the princesses?" She asked.

Asriel frowned. “Honestly you two will are just being sent ahead, I don’t imaging that this will take a lot of time but I'd rather have Frisk protected if it does take longer.” He said as he rose and looked at the princesses. "How are you two at bait?" He asked getting confused looks from the princesses.


The guard sighed as he was watching the surroundings, since the equestrians had sent their army out there had been nothing got keep his attention, suddenly the two Alicorn princesses and the weird goat appeared in a flash of teleportation and ran forward. The guard panicked and the last thing he saw was Asriels sword coming for his neck.

Asriel smiled as he decapitated one of the guards and turned to face the others, Celestia and Luna engaging some as well. "Impressive kill Asriel, though I'd of thought you'd wish to wet your new blade." Luna said as shed dodged the attack of a guard.

Asriel chuckled as he parried the strike of a guard and followed through in gutting the pony. "I need to train with it first and given that I've been a bit busy lately I haven't had time." He said as he saw Chara fly Frisk into the palace. "They’re in so now you can focus more in killing than distraction!" He yelled.


Chara and Frisk ran down the halls of the Crystal palace heading straight for the throne room; as they neared the room the two slowed and peaked around corners looking for guards however their seemed to be none. "This is weird." Frisk said concerned. "There should be at least a few guards." She said.

Chara nodded in agreement. "This guy can’t be this arrogant." She replied as they reached the hall to the throne room and standing before the doors was a massive crystal golem.

Chara smiled. "Oh this is too easy." She whispered getting an shocked look from Frisk.

"Chara awe can’t fight that!" She whispered only for Chara's smile to widen.

"When did I say we would?" She asked as she stepped forward rounding the corner as her eyes glowed a bright purple as a circle of lines and runes of magic spread out around her forming a massive summoning circle. The Golem slowly began to walk forward as the circle activated and Frisk watched in shock as a massive claw ripped form the circle followed by another as a head broke through the circle, and then another, and another. Frisk watched in shock as seven heads appeared from the summoning circle followed by a massive body. "This is a battle between titans!" Chara yelled with a smile. "Some giant Crystal golem verses the seven headed Gaster Hydra!" She yelled with a smile as the Hydra roared and the Golem began to charge forward and slam into the behemoth of a Gaster Blaster only to bounce off.

Chara turned to Frisk and grabbed her hand pulling her past the two titans who began to fight. "Come on Frisk, we got a King to slay!" She yelled as one of the heads opened its mouth and unleashed a massive beam of green magic. Frisk nodded and the two ran to doors Chara leaping into the air and slamming in to them blasting them off their hinges and into the throne.

As the doors landed on the throne they were ripped apart as Sombra growled angrily and narrowed his eyes as he saw the tow humans enter his throne room. "You dare to face me alone?" He asked with a laugh. "If I recall it took both you, that pathetic goat and the foolish princesses to defeat me last time." He said arrogantly.

Chara smiled as she looked the stallion in the eyes. "I think this time you'll find will be different." She said with a smile as she summoned the True Knife.

Sombra roared and shot forward his body becoming a wave of darkness however as he neared Frisks hands glowed brightly with white magic that she fired at Sombra causing him to roar in pain and reform away from the two and summon an obsidian scythe before charging at them once more only this time Chara leapt forward her Knife shifting in to a trident that she trust forward locking the two weapons together as she caught the shaft of the scythe between two of the tridents prongs.

Frisk leapt into the air as her spear appeared in her hand as she trust it forward piercing the Kings chest causing him to grunt in pain as he turned into shadows and appeared behind them only Chara to spin her trident as it shifted in to a sword that she used to block his blows. Frisk leapt back her right eye glowing silver as her left flowed a bright amber and she raised her hands summoning a wave of bones. Chara flipped backwards over the bones at the last second and Sombras’ eyes widened as he summoned a wall of crystal that shattered when the wave hit only he had vanished; once more appearing behind them. Frisk eyes glowed as she flipped away from Sombras’ attacks however her form began to glow with a white energy before her body changed.

Chara watched in shock as Frisk began to shift, her cloths becoming a blue form fitting tank top and her pants changed so short black running shorts similar to a certain skeletons. Frisk's hands were covered in black fingerless combat gloves as her socks grew to cover her legs up to her knees and a pair of black leather combat boots covered her feet. Sombra roared as she slammed his hoof down and launched several spikes of dark crystal at her however as soon as they neared Frisks eye glowed blue and she swung she spear shattering them as the spear transformed in to a scythe with the blade forming from a Gaster blaster skull. As Sombra and Chara looked on in shock Frisk smirked and winked at Chara before a bone appeared behind her and she used it as a springboard to shoot herself at Sombra catching the dark king off guard and actually managing to strike him. "Surprise you son of a bitch." She whispered with a smirk as she leapt back and landed beside her wife.

Chara whistled as she eyed Frisk. "Me like." She said causing Frisk to giggle.

"Naturally, but we still have a corrupted soul to deal with." She said with a smile.

Chara nodded. "Then I think I should shift into a more… appropriate attire." She said as her form was enveloped with black liquid and when it retracted Chara stood in her Black Assassin Form however since she was fully a demon she still kept the horns and wings as well as both of her eyes being demonic. "Let's kick his ass." She said as she smirked as Frisk nodded and readied her scythe.

Sombra growled. "How are you this powerful?" He asked as the three circles each other.

Chara laughed. "My soul is bound to a corrupt trait as well, the Trait of Hate." She said calmly. "And guess what, this entire place is saturated in Hate." She said causing Sombras eyes to widen. "That's right; I've got an infinite well of power as long as I'm here." Sombra growled. "Oh what's wrong Sombrero? Chara asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm going to enjoy handing your soul over to PLAYER." Sombra said through grit teeth."


Chara and Frisk smiled as they charged forward, Sombra snarled as he lit his horn and summoned several scythes that shot out at the two determined humans. Charas eyes glowed light blue as she teleported in front of Sombra snapping her fingers and launching a bone straight in to his chest as Frisk dodged the Scythe attack and struck him in the head. "Game over." Frisk said however Sombra smiled.

"Indeed." He said as his eyes turned a sickly green as his horn glowed and the two were engulfed in darkness.


Celestia, Luna and Asriel ran through the castle till they reached the hall leading to the throne room where the stopped in shock at the sight before them. Lying before them was a massive skeletal Hydra what was happily batting the broken body of a massive crystal creature who was roaring and bellowing in anger as it tried to bite the Hydra. Asriel collected himself first and bust out laughing drawing the attention of one of the heads who leaned down and happily licked the goats face. "Come on Princesses, He won’t hurt us." He said as they passed by the hydra which had refocused on the crystal golem, or what was left of it. When they were half way to the throne room they heard a scream causing them to break into a run and charge into the throne room to see a horrifying sight.

Inside the throne room lay Frisk unconchous; standing over her with her arms stretched out as if to protect Frisk stood Chara, several crystal spies sticking out of her back. Sombra laughed as he slammed his hoof down and a new spike of dark crystal drove in to Chara who screamed in pain again. Sombra raised his hoof again only to receive a spear made of solar fire stop his chest throwing him back. Asriel ran over to Chara who blearily looked at Asriel with a smile. "Hey Azzy, looks like you survived." She murmured

"Chara Are you okay?" He asked as she ripped herself free of the spikes.

"Peachy." She hissed angrily as she looked at her brother. "Take Frisk and the princesses out if here, and you run." She said calmly.

Asriel shook his head. "No way, you’re in no shape to fight him alone, Hate may regenerate you but the regeneration is slow." He said as he knelt next to Frisk and his eyes widened. "What happened to her?" He asked.

Chara frowned. "Why do you think I'm not healing right now?" She asked angrily. "I was stupid, if Hate makes me stronger then what does it do to one who embodies HoPe?" She asked causing Asriels eyes to widen. "I'm barely keeping her going and the princesses need to take command of the army since they're fucked, Sombra was smarter than we gave him credit for." She said.

Asriel picked up Frisk and turned to the princesses who nodded and turned and ran. "What will you do?" He asked.


Chara smiled. "I'm finishing this." She said with a smirk as she pulled three items from her robes. "Take the Gaster Hydra out, it'll be faster." She said as the sound Sombra roaring in anger was heard and the siblings looked to see him pulling himself off the spear he was impaled on and fall to the floor. "Azzy, run." She said as the True Knife flew into her hand.

Asriel hesitated before looking in Charas in the eyes. "If you die I'll never forgive you." He said before turning and running.

Chara watched him run with a faint smile before the laughter of Sombra filled the room. "Even your own family runs in my presence, you stand alone!" He yelled as she looked at the three devices in her hand. Sombra roared as he launched several dark crystal spears at Chara sending her flying back into a wall before she pressed the button on them with a smirk.

"You’re wrong Sombra, for those who fight for a worthy cause are never alone. It's time to bring the curtain down on this play!" She yelled as she threw the devices into the air as they exploded releasing dust however rather than the dust falling it began to collect and slowly three figures pulled themselves from the piles of dust and as it fully collected an upside down white heart appeared before each of them and was sucked into them.

The First figure to appear was a tall skeleton who wore a suit of cool armor, and around his neck was a red scarf that flowed behind him. Next stood a short and big boned skeleton in a blue hoodie and pink slippers. The final figure was a Skeleton as well however where the first looked male this one had a suit of lighter gray plated armor designed for a female and flowing behind her was a tattered red cape.

Chara smiled as the big bones skeleton looked around in confusion before spotting Chara and smiling. "Hey there partner." He said with a smile.

“It worked.” Chara whispered with a smiled. "Hey Sans, hope you’re ready to give this bastard a bad time." She said with a smile before coughing up a bit of blood.

Sans laughed. "Are you kidding? I've been Avioding not interfering for too long." He said as he tilted his head to look at Sombra. "So Sombrero, lets cha-cha." He said as his eye glowed however as soon as it did Papyrus smacked him in the back of the head.

"Brother your puns are as incessant as ever! Chara has just revived us and you have already started!" Papyrus yelled angrily.

The women giggled as she patted Papyrus's head. "Now boys, what have I said about fighting?" She asked causing the two skeletons to stare in shock.

"MOM!" The tow yelled as the hugged the tall skeleton however the moment was short lived as a crystal spear shot at them only blocked by a green shielded.

“Now that was quite rude." the women said calmly as she looked at the stallion who was twitching angrily

"THat'S It, EVERY ONE DIES!!!" Sombra roared as he slammed his hooves in to the ground and launched hundreds of spikes at the group.

Sans teleported away with a smile as his eye glowed, Papyrus dodged the attacks with a smile as he leapt back and female skeleton simply held her hand out her left eye glowing green as a shield appeared. Chara used the True Knife to shatter the spikes that went her way.

"Princess Dreemurr, I ask you allow us to handle this." The female Skeleton said calmly. "I can tell your tired form combat and weakened. Allow my Sons and I to handle this." She said calmly

Chara smiled and bowed. "As you wish Captain Arial Aster, I wish you skill." She said receiving a nod from the Skeleton who turned to her sons.

"Alright boys, let's show this monster what we're made of." Arial said with a smile.

*Royal Guard Papyrus Aster blocks your path
*Royal Guard Captain Arial Aster blocks your path
* Judge of Monsters Comic Sans Aster blocks your path

Author's Note:

Okay so this chapter is part one of the two part finale of The Crystal War, the chapter for this is so large that I needed to split it. I hope you all enjoyed it and I will see you in the next chapter.

Below you'll find images for the new forms of Chara and Frisk. Before you all ask, yes Frisk will have other forms and they are thanks to her using the Determination Booster.


Demon Chara:

Frisk Form 1:
Name: UNKNOWN

Sombra's Guards:

PreviousChapters Next