• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 7,037 Views, 451 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 451
 7,037

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - The Crystal War: Part 2

Chara floated in a sea of black, there was nothing, no one, it was silent. Chara sighed and looked around in confusion. "This feels familiar." She muttered as became aware of a person approaching her. After a moment the man walked up and looked at her calmly.

"Hey, you've been busy since we last met." The man said calmly. "I wondered when you'd come back." He said with a calm smile.

Chara stared at him for a moment before frowning. "I remember you, the past life of who I was." Chara said before frowning. "I thought you'd have faded by now."

The man shrugged his shoulders in a lazy gesture. "I did fade but each time you die or are reborn I am pulled back to you. Normally you and I won't see each other but since this is your first time I'm here to tell you how death works in your new world." He said. "The ability to Continue and Quit still function the same but that's only when you die from in injury or other natural means, rebirth is different so I'll fill you in on the ground rules."

"What do I need to know?" She asked.

The man sighed and lowered his head. "It's not something easily explained so I'll simply say this, when you are reborn you'll learn a lot about yourself. You'll learn things you wanted to know and things you don't want and it won't get any easier each time."

Chara gulped. "What happens?"

The man frowned. "I don't fully know; I never went through this but I do know it is a trial; you can only die when you truly want it with all your being." The man began to fade slowly and he smiled a final time. "If you’re lucky we won't meet again for a long time, your determination altered the natural rebirthing process but it came at the price of things being far more... intense when you endure it. Good luck Chara Dreemurr, you will need it for the trials ahead." As the Man said this the world exploded with light and Chara was forced to cover her eyes.

When Chara reopened her eyes she stood at the altar of the church where she and Frisk were married. 'What is this?' She asked as an organ began to play and the doors at the end of the aisles opened and Frisk walked out, a white wedding dress trailing behind her and at her side walked Sans a proud smile on his face.

'No...' She whispered however her body didn't move; she couldn't do anything but watch. Slowly Frisk stepped up onto the alter and Sans handed her over. For a moment his eye flashed, she knew the meaning of it. A warning, break Frisks heart and pay. 'Please stop this!' She yelled however no one heard her.

Frisk calmly walked up the Alter and stood before her and a tear ran down Charas face, she knew what was coming. "Do you Princess Chara Dreemurr take this woman to be your wife?" The Priest asked.

"I do." The Chara at the alter said as the real Chara screamed in fear. 'Stop, please don't make me relive this!' She yelled but the scene continued to play.

"And do you Frisk Aster take this woman as your wife?" The Priest asked.

"I do." She said with a smile.

"They you may now kiss the bride." The Priest said with a smile as the two embraced only for a knife to meet Charas chest. Chara screamed as the sorrow as she watched the scene unfold before her. The her on the alter stood there shocked as Frisk's eyes changed from their golden brown to a piercing red and her face twisted into a sadistic laugh. "This farce of a happy ending ends, Remember this day Sans, Chara, for it is the last you will ever have your happy ending!" She said as she began to laugh as the Chara on the Alter fell to her knees as her body slowly began to turn to dust.

Every monster and human present gasped as Sans's eye glowed blue. "I don't know who you are but I know you're not Frisk." He said as a Baster appeared. "Where's the kid and what have you done to them?" He asked as Frisk began to laugh.

"Oh Sansy, of course it's me." She said with a smile. "Do you really think I would love a demon or for that matter that I cared for any of you at all?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice.

Sans chuckled. "Nice try impasta but if you think I don't know my own kid then you're pretty crazy." He said.

'Frisk' growled. "You were always a fun toy Sans but this is impressive." The being said. "Very good though in figuring out our-." Suddenly the doors burst open and Undyne leapt through throwing her spear at the pupated Frisk who nimbly dodged the attack.

"Where's Frisk ya Asshole!" She roared as more spears appeared.

The PLAYER laughed as red strings appeared around Frisks neck, wrists and ankles. "Why she's still here just not in control." They said as they appeared above them the strings tied to his fingers making Frisk appear as a puppet. With a sick smile a glowing button appeared and the PLAYER flicked his hand forcing the pupated Frisk to raise their hand. "Sadly I don't have much time to use this body yet, I need to shatter her will first so for now I shall bid you adieu." They said as Frisk pressed and the world shattered. "We'll meet soon Sans; I hope you’re ready to face your Daughter." They said with a sadistic laugh.

"FRISK, DON'T GIVER UP KIDDO! CHARA AND I WILL FIND A WAY, I PROMISE!" He yelled as the world was undone and rebuilt. Chara screamed as she watched the day that she would never forget, the day that the PLAYER entered her life, the day her love was lost and replaced with LOVE."

As the scene faded she saw nothing but white around her and for a moment she was confused till a voice spoke. "What will you do?" It asked.

Chara frowned. "I don't understand."

The Voice spoke again. "What will you do?" it repeated.

Chara frowned. "Even now I still do not know what I will do." She replied. "That thing destroyed not just my life but Frisks, the lives of every Monster; they pretty much are responsible for the destruction of both Humans and Monsters." She said

"What will you do though?" It repeated.

Chara was silent. "I don't think I could kill it even though I want to." She said with a sigh. "All we can do is preventing them from controlling the Timeline."

"The world will call for retribution and you choose to remain passive, will you kill or be killed, the creature you fight must die or the cycle of violence continues forever!" The voice roared.

Chara grit her teeth. "I am the Arbiter of the Underground, a judge who watches and passes judgement for actions done. It is my task, my sworn duty to protect the Kingdome of Monsters till my dying breath; I will do my duty as befitting a Judge." She said.

The Voice was silent for a moment before replying. "It is true that you cannot kill the Void Dweller that toys with your life but you have already taken all he has but be warned Chara Dreemurr; a day will come when you will stand alone and on that day you will face one another, on that day you will face your Mirror. Your conviction is great, we shall see when the time comes if you stay true to your beliefs or succumb to your desires." As the being spoke Chara's form began to glow and she gasped as fire raced through her veins before she screamed and the world was consumed.


The clearing was quiet, as the sun hung low over the sky suddenly a small ember lit in a pile of ash and the clearing began to glow as it began to swirl and condense before a hand shot out of the pile and grabbed the ground around it. With a mighty heave a figure forced themself out of the ground their form caked in ash and soot as they pulled themselves form the pile. Glowing runes covered their form as they stood but slowly they faded as the ash fell away revealing a woman in her late twenties.

Chara looked around at the clearing as the ash fell away on its own before realizing she was completely naked. Chara panicked and quickly looked around for her bag and seeing it lying next to the cloak and staff she carried with her. Chara quickly went over to the bag and pulled from it a set of clothes and a green winter hooded coat with black fur on the hood. With a smile Chara quickly redressed and grabbed her scarf before tying it around her neck.

"So you survive." The Old Phoenix said as he flew down and landed on the rock before her.

Chara grunted as she checked her inventory and pulled out her chest plate and began to lock it in place. "Like I said, as long as Determination is in me I will never die."

The Phoenix nodded. "This is you first rebirth, perhaps your only rebirth as well." He said causing the young women to turn to the phoenix confused.

"What do you mean 'my only rebirth'?" She asked causing the Phoenix to chuckle.

"From what you said your Determination makes you effectively immortal however it was due to your Phoenix blood that you were forced to rebirth." The Phoenix said. "Because of this fact I believe that you required a rebirth to fully integrate the blood into your body, now that it is fully integrated you should no longer require it. Of course I'd still recommend rebirthing every few centuries just to be safe but I doubt you will need to do it as regularly as an average Phoenix."

Chara nodded. "Makes sense in a way, I guess this was just bad timing." She muttered before turning to the Phoenix. "Thanks, I'm not going to lie but Rebirth is... disturbing."

The Phoenix nodded. "It makes one see event of the past, events we'd both rather forget and want to relive. You learn a lot about who you are as well but it is still something we'd rather not endure."

"Before I go I have one question, why is the rebirthing process done far from other beings?"

The phoenix looked away as he fluffed its feathers in embarrassment. "For as long as we Phoenix can remember it is seen as a taboo for those that do not bear our blood to see our rebirth. Some chose to allow themselves to be seen as what pony kind calls a fetish." The phoenix shuddered. "I do not see the appeal but some do."

Chara shuddered as well. "I have to agree with you, Rebirth feels like a very personal thing, it shouldn't be witnessed by others." She said in agreement.

The Phoenix nodded. "You had best be off young one but before you do know this, I foresee many trial in your future and should you ever need guidance or counsel then you need only seek I and your brethren out." He said as he spread his wings and flew away.

Chara watched him leave and nodded. "Thanks." She said as she pulled her cloak and pack on before grabbing her staff and walking forward and vanished from the clearing taking via short cut.


Asriel sighed as he walked through the halls of the old base, it had been several days since he and the guards had taken the base and during that time they had searched almost the entire facility. The base was large and despite the princesses sending a message that they would be coming with reinforcements Asriel felt on edge. Already he had sent scouts to map out the surrounding area however paranoia was eating at not just him but the troop making them constantly on edge. Asriel growled as he slammed his fist on to the wall. "We can't keep this up." He muttered angrily. "My men are as taught as a bow string but because of this their nerves are fraying fast, if I don't find a solution to defuse the tension fast none of us are going to survive much longer."

Asriel sighed and pulled out a map looking at where he was in the complex. "Huh, this area isn't on the maps yet." He muttered as he looked around and turning down a corrode, as he walked he pulled out a pencil and began to map the area creating a simple sketch with little detail. When the corrode ended he found a large metal door and turned the nob to find it unlocked. Asriel leaned on the door and with a groan the door slowly swung open and the old monster found himself standing in a massive bunker like room. Asriel frowned as he looked around seeing weathered documents and ancient weapons however what truly caught his attention was the massive map with hundreds of Monster towns, cities and military instillations.

"Sir, are you down here?" A soldier called out causing Asriel to jump in surprise. "The Princesses are here with reinforcements."

"Asriel, Luna and I have arrived, where are you?" A voice that sounded like Celestia yelled, Asriel turn a smile growing on his face.

"Down here, I found something!" He yelled as the sound of hooves was heard approaching. When the guards entered the room their eyes widened and Celestia and Luna froze as they saw the rooms’ contents. "Chara's going to go crazy when she sees this." He said with a smug smile as the guards began to move to the racks of weapons and the princesses moved to look at the map.

"Asriel, look up in the far left." Luna said and Asriel turned to the map confused only for his eyes to widen in shock. The area was where the Frozen North now was and not far from their current location however it was marked with symbols that Asriel recognized immediately as Wingdings.

"Gasters old laboratory... four centuries of searching every inch of Equestria and we find it marked on an old map in a military base." Asriel said in shock.

"Commander, there's something over here!" A guard yelled. Asriel turned and looked in the direction of the guard only to frown as he saw the guard standing before a door.

"This is odd." He said as he approached and examined it closer. "This door has a Seal allowing it to be accessed only by those with a certain magic signature." he muttered as he reached for the handle and jiggled it only to hear a clicking sound. Asriels eyes narrowed and he turned to the guards and Princesses. "Stay here, I need to look at this." He said as he opened the door and entered the room.

As he entered the door slammed shut quickly and his hand lit with fire magic bathing the room in an orange glow. As he looked around he found the room bare of all but two items, the first a sword thrust into the ground while the other was a note. Asriel slowly approached the blade and examined it before picking up the note and looking over it.

Greetings Asriel Dreemurr,
My name is Shadesplit and for now all you need to know is that I am like the being you call PLAYER. There're a lot of beings like him and with his kinda power but not all of us are assholes. I just wanted to say that not all of us are against you and we're doing all we can to help.

With the assistance of an interdimensional being named Error I was able to send you this sword, its name is Reality Breaker. Give the dangers ahead and power they wield I felt you needed something to level the playing field in your favor when you fight so I had this forged for you.

Reality Breaker is a powerful sword that holds the ability to affect the boundaries of Space, destroy any barrier or seal created. It can also divide into two separate and much weaker swords called Creation and Destruction that do just as the names imply. Creation can make anything with the ability Construct or Edit things. On the opposite side of the spectrum there is Destruction which has the ability Break and Erase. I recommend that when you practice these abilities it is away from any populated areas till you have a real understanding of its power.

Oh and one more thing, the sword can only harm those who are corrupt or impure, this means that pure beings or misguided beings won't be affected.

Good luck Kid, you’re going to need it.

Asriel looked confused at the letter before looking at the sword. The sword was a heavy broadsword with a gold hilt and as he reached for it seemed to glow. After a moment of hesitation he pulled the blade free and in a flash of light it vanished. Asriels eyes widened however he calmly summoned his magic and it simply reappeared. "Huh, that'll be useful." He muttered as he turned and saw the door opening on its own. Asriel nodded and pocketed the letter before leaving to see the two princesses standing worriedly with the troops. "Its fine, I just found this blade. It seems to have bonded to my magic or something." he said as he willed it to vanish and reappear.

"Interesting, I can feel the power it contains." Luna said.

Asriel nodded. "I'll have to try it out later but for now we need to focus on the bigger find." He said as he returned to the map, several of the commanders were already pointing out land marks and other things on the map as well as comparing it to a 'modern' map. "Gasters old Lab's just a few miles from here and I know Chara's going to want to go there."

Celestia nodded. "There's no doubt about that. Chara believes that there may be something left behind and hidden by Gaster that should be able to resurrect a monster."

Asriel nodded. "Yeah, it would be nice to get back some friends and family." he said "Undyne, Sans, Papyrus and Alphys will probably be the first we bring back." He said thoughtfully.

"What about your parents?" Luna asked.

Asriel shook his head. "We'll try and bring them back the others are more important."

"Who are they? I mean I've head you mention them before but not exactly who they are." Celestia asked.

Asriel sighed. "You both know who Sans and Papyrus are but I guess never told you about the others. He said before going silent for a moment. "Well I suppose the first to introduce would be Alphys. When Gaster was still around he was the head royal scientist, then there was Sans who worked on weapons development and Chara who worked on Soul Magic, Determination and god knows what else. Chara was a jack of all trades scientist and worked with every single group so what she did varied a lot. After the incident Sans quit his job at the Labs and went into a deep depression and Chara enacted her plan B which wound up with us both dead." He said with a sigh.

"With all the important members of the Labs either dead, refusing to work or erased from reality Alphys was all that was left to run the labs. She was a small time research assistant that was skilled with machines but not in the research that was conducted by Gaster and Chara. This meant she was inexperienced and... incapable of performing her duties effectively." Asriel sighed and looked down sadly. "She was a good scientist but made many, many, mistakes. She did all she could with the knowledge she was able to scrape together but in the end she made more mistakes than she ever wanted to admit doing. Later on, after Frisk freed the Monsters, She convinced Sans to come back and he made it so she wouldn’t lose her memories if a reset happened or save was reloaded. When PLAYER took control she was among the few that acted immediately often assisting in evacuating the Underground before facing the PLAYER herself in a fight."

Luna frowned. "She seems like a very brave monster." She said sadly

Asriel chucked. "There were only a few that know of the power Determination held. My parents, the King and Queen were able to know when it happened and many of the monsters that fought in the war like Grillby know how to keep their memories." Asriel explained. "Anyway next is Undyne; She was the Captain of the Monster Kingdoms Royal Guard, she was a warrior and a strong one too. I was trained by my father and Dr. Gaster in battle and was given the title of Reaper for my skill and power. Chara was trained by Gaster as a Judge along with Sans, they were partners and the three of us were as close as siblings. Undyne was a bit different than us though, she was trained by one of the veterans of the war against humanity. His name was Gerson and he was known as the Hammer of Justice, when she finished the training her he stepped down as head of the Royal guard and passed the title to Undyne naming her the Spear of Justice."

Celestia nodded. "Was she as skilled as you and Chara?" She asked

Asriel shook his head. "No, the title of Reaper is given to the strongest warrior of the Monster Race and Judges are second only to a Reaper."

Luna giggled. "If that's the case then you should probably pass the title to Cara." She said teasingly

Asriel shrugged. "I never had the ability to use Retribution and Judges have to be able to use this skill." He replied. "To be honest I think the Judges are the strongest class of warrior because of their skills and abilities." Asriel frowned as he finished explaining. "Now that I think about it Chara never really tries when we battled..." Asriel growled as he face palmed. "That lazy woman doesn't even try and lets me win!" He yelled angrily.

"You honestly expected me to fight at my best against you?" A voice asked causing Asriel to spin around in surprise to see Chara leaning against the wall. "Honestly bro, you know I never put any effort into anything." She said as she shook her head. "Still, this place is impressive, can't believe this place is still around after a few thousand years and in such good shape." She said as she looked around.

Celestia smiled as she and Luna exchanged a glance. "Chara, you know you can't exactly hide how much you do from us correct." She asked.

Chara's eyes glowed for a second causing the two sister sot take a step back before she smiled. "So I'm a bit lazy, I still do my job don't I?" She asked her tone giving away her true message and the princesses’ nod.

"True, anyway as you were saying this place is impressive but we believe we've found something of interest to you." Luna said the smile still on her face even though it was wearier as she pointed to the map.

Chara walked over and examined the map before smiling. "Six centuries of searching and the place wasn't even where we thought." She muttered before a smile crossed her face. "Gasters Lab, looks like were taking a small detour."

Asriel nodded. "I'll assemble a full battalion to assist in its recovery." He said with a smile.

Chara shook her head. "No, a small team is going in and no more." She countered as she looked at her brother. "And that's non-negotiable." She said sternly. "You, me and the princesses are the only ones going. Bring any one else and they will die before they make it there." She said as he turned walked to the exit of the room.

"What about Grillby?" Asriel asked causing the women to stop and freeze up. "And I'm sure Frisk would love to see her grandfather’s old lab."

Chara was silent for a moment before sighing. "Frisk, but no one else and that's final." She said as she left the room. "We leave tomorrow so alert Frisk."

Asriel nodded. "She knows something." He said quietly.

"Or she just wants this place kept safe." Celestia countered. "I imagine what went on in that old lab are not exactly... safe for us but she's allowing us to come in good faith."

Luna nodded. "I get the feeling that if she had her way she would be the only one to go to the lab."

Asriel sighed. "I hope your right but we're going to a place she knows a lot about." He said calmly. "The creation of Gaster Blasters, Determination Experiments and weapons designed for war were all designed, developed, tested and manufactured there. God knows what’s been hidden there that we don’t know about." He said as he walked over to a desk stacked full to the brim with papers and began to sort it.

Author's Note:

So this will be the only time any outside interaction will be allowed at all. The sword is about as OP as fuck so it won't appear unless Asriel is facing something like Tirek or other world ending monsters. Now Last chapter I asked if you wall wanted me to introduce Sans and Papyrus's mother and left a pole. 79% of you all voted yes so I will be adding her when Sans and Papyrus comes back. With all that said I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you all in the next one!


Weapon Name: Reality Breaker

Creator: Shadesplit
Power level: God Tier
Wielder: Asriel Dreemurr
Skills and Abilities:

  • This sword has the ability to alter/sever the boundaries of Reality to a certain extent.
  • Sword can affect/alter/sever the boundaries of Space
  • Sword has the ability to destroy any barrier or seal created, this inclines those on the mind.
  • Can divide into two separate and much weaker swords called Creation and Destruction for a maximum of 10 minutes but has a 24 hour cool down.
  • Can only be used to attack those who are corrupt or impure, those with a pure heart or are good can not be harmed by this blade at all. If an impure or corrupted individual attempts to hold this sword it will burn them if not outright kill on contact.

Notes on when it Divides:

Creation half abilities:

  • Construct: Can create anything but once the sword vanishes so will the item created unless it was specifically created to remain but this costs a lot of magic and places a lot of stress on the users body.
  • Edit: Can edit fragment of 'World Code', this means that the swords can change the landscape of the world like a painter does with a paintbrush.

Destruction half abilities:

  • Break: Can destroyer anything on a subatomic level.
  • Erase: Can remove chunks of the world, entities and even entire parts of reality.
PreviousChapters Next