• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 6,986 Views, 450 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 450
 6,986

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - The Love of an Angel

"If you love something let it go but if it comes back to you then it’s yours forever."

That single phrase is perhaps the best way to describe my relationship with Chara but before I continue allow me to introduce myself properly to you, my name is Frisk Aster.


Long ago, two races ruled over Earth; Humans and Monsters. One day war broke out between the two races and after a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

However, after the war between the Humans and Monsters ended the Kingdoms of Man turned the tools of war they made on each other. They fought for power, dominance, and control over everything. This war lasted for thousands of years and slowly poisoned the land around them till only small pockets were left that could sustain them, and still they fought. Over time less and less was available and by the time I was born the world was mostly destroyed.

When I was born it was to an already over populated city, to parents that didn't care. I was left at an orphanage and seen as nothing but a burden, so one day I left. There were always stories about Mt. Ebott and the Monsters that were imprisoned underneath, of how they feasted on Humans and stole their souls. I thought that if I was just a burden then maybe the monsters would find me more useful as a meal, so I left without looking back. I walked for days living off what I could scavenge and when I made it to Mt. Ebott I jumped without even thinking. But we all know it didn't end that way for me there. This would be the only time I was ever in control and not bound to the PLAYER.

When I fell it was the start of an adventure that seemed more out of a story book than real life but it wasn't some story. The dangers were real, the friendships I made lasted and when everyone was free it was a happy ending, but life doesn't give happy endings.

When the Monsters returned the humans attacked; they were denied entry to the cities and driven away and I was forced to follow, branded a traitor to humanity. The Monsters were immune to the poison that covered the world and established their own city but because I was human I wasn't immune and slowly the land began to poison me. Sans spent weeks working to save me, he and Alphys worked nonstop to find a cure and in the end they did. Sans and Papyrus adopted me and it finally looked like I was getting a happy ending. Sans was always there for me and when I learned that he and Papyrus were immune to my powers of Determination it only made us stronger as a family. It was several years before we discovered Chara's soul was inside me and when we revived her every monster celebrated.

The celebration was short lived however Chara was... different, broken. Turns out she had seen everything, from monsters killing the other six humans to every resent done by Flowey and seeing it all had broken her. Chara became an alcoholic and did a lot of things that I never understood but eventually with so counseling she was able to recover. I guess it was during this time I kinda fell for Chara, I spent a lot of time with her and I think it was during this time that she fell for me too. It took a long time but eventually we confessed and started dating.

Before you think it was some big love at first sight with a perfect relationship, it wasn't. There were a lot of ups and downs and there was more than one time we left each other but in the end we always came back. After a few years Chara surprisingly popped the question. It was meant to be the best day ever, a perfect wedding and sense humans couldn’t get to the monsters nothing could possible go wrong. Of course everyone forgot about Murphy’s Law. It was meant to be the perfect day, nothing could go wrong but instead it all went wrong, the day of our wedding was the day our happy ending turned into our greatest nightmare.


On the day of our wedding the PLAYER took control, the world was reset and I lost control of my body. Like Chara I was just an observer trapped to watch as my body became a puppet used to kill my family, friends, everyone. It was Genocide of all monsters and no matter how hard I and Chara fought we couldn't stop the player. The first loops were the worst but every time the PLAYER was about to destroy the world Chara reset them and delayed it again. The Loops began to pile up hundreds, thousands millions, it didn't matter all the PLAYER did was kill. Sans stood and fought, I fought, Chara fought but it was pointless. We were fighting a battle against the inevitable and it was growing stronger with every reset.

Then one loop Chara wasn't there, she was just gone and the PLAYER managed to erase everything. As the Timeline was erased something happened it was as if the world had managed to glitch and save itself at the last moment. The PLAYER started all over again at the start of the runes and Flowey still remembered all our actions, Da-Sans remembered too and the PLAYER once again began a genocide. It was the same as every run till the end where she came. The River Person always warned the PLAYER to beware two people, The Man who Speaks in Hands and The Hero who Never Came. The first was referring to Da-Sans's father Gran-Dr. Gaster however the second person we never knew until that moment. Standing in the doorway to the Barrier Room was the hero that never came; standing in the door was Chara.

Chara stood against the PLAYER and fought, each strike pushed the PLAYER back and brought her closer to victory till she did it, she won and erased both me and the PLAYER form the Timeline. It was over; the nightmare was over except it wasn't. The PLAYER was angry that he was beat and took it out on me, he wanted back in but Chara's Determination was too strong so he used mine. He ripped my soul apart and used my determination to reenter the timeline and trouble but eventually I became useless to him. When I became useless, when my determination ran dry the PLAYER gave me to a centaur and it was then I was sent to the Game Over screen with no choice to 'continue' or 'return', I was a prisoner.


I don't know how long I was there but it felt like centuries, but then again time means nothing when you're beyond its reach. Nothing happened and all I could do was sleep the time away, I don't like sleep though all I ever dream about is the last words Chara said before she killed the PLAYER and by extension me. Eventually I simply stopped caring, I wanted to die but even that was denied to me and then I heard Her voice. The Voice that haunted my dreams called to me but this time instead of it being filled with hate it was filled with something else... love. It was then I saw Gaster and he freed me from the Rules of the Game and for the first time in god knows how long I was free from control. The PLAYER, the Game, The Rules, everything, my strings were cut and I was free.


Ask anyone who's woken up in a hostile what they hate the most and the answer will almost always be the same, the beeping of the fucking heart monitor. But if you asked me what I hated at that moment I'd answer with the explosions that were shaking the place. You know how your muscles atrophy if not used? Imagine running down a hall in that condition, were it not for the adrenaline in my blood I'd be probably in a lot more pain than I was. As I ran down the hall I realized I was in the Lab in Hot Land, as soon as I realized that I was able to quickly navigate the halls and find the elevator that lead to the entrance and what I saw made my blood run cold.

On the main computer screen of the Lab Chara was shown fighting the PLAYER. "I am your God; I control this world and all within it!" The voice of the PLAYER screamed from what looked like a Unicorn as his horn glowed and fired a beam that Chara barely dodged.

"That wasn't ordinary magic." Chara muttered muttered causing the PLAYER to smile.

"Oh, you noticed did you?" The PLAYER asked. "This isn't magic I'm using anymore." He said as he rose into the air. "Behold the power of the power of the Void!" He said as he began to laugh and fire beams of Void energy at Chara.

I watched in fear as Chara began to quickly dodge the attacks however something was off. Then I realized what it was as I Chara's left eye turned black and her form start to change. I have only seen Chara's corrupt form once and it was only the stage one version of it, Chara called it her Black Assassin form. The coat she wore lengthened and darkened till it became a black long coat, her shirt changed till it was a light green and yellow stripped t-shirt and her pants changed to black as her boots became heavy black leather combat boots with metal armor plates in them. Chara smiled at the PLAYER it was a smile I've seen when something has pushed her too far. I watched in fear as Chara's left eye turned completely black accept for a small pinprick that showed where she was looking and start to drip with black corruption

"Chara, no!" I screamed in fear as I turned and ran out of the lab and for the Judgement Hall. My body burned and I felt muscles start to snap however I could not let that monster claim her again. for the first time in what felt like centuries I felt magic flow through my body and restore it just enough to keep me going, I was filled with Determination.

You know it's funny, because of all the resets and Genocide runs I've pretty much mastered every puzzle that is in the underground. That means that the Cores security puzzles and the puzzles in hot land were laughably easy for me. I probably could have beat Da-Sans's short cut easily with how fast I was going. As I reached Mettatons resort I simply took the entrance to the core and moved through the traps as if I was walking in a park. When I reached the elevator I was out of breath but nothing would stop me Chara, my partner, was in danger and I would help. As the elevator ascended I took several breaths and lowed by breathing as much as I could, as soon as the doors opened I was out and froze in shock as a portal to the void closed.

"Give him hell guys." Chara said with what looked like a smile before falling to the ground.

"Chara!" I screamed in fear as her form reverted back to normal and she fell to the ground. I ran to her and rolled her on to her back as I looked over her. "You reckless idiot!" I cried into her chest as two strange unicorns with wings appeared in a flash behind me. I don't know who they are but I must protect Chara.

Chara once told me what it was like when she was transformed by hate, she said that when it happened she was consumed by it, she couldn't think about anything else except to stop what was causing her pain. I never understood what she meant by this but now I think I know, because I feels something similar. I can't stop myself even if I wanted to, Chara's in danger and I must protect her no matter what.

Frisk Aster
HP: ???/??? ATK: ?????? DF: ????? SP: ????? MAG: ?????
The Angel of the Underground bars your path.

The Angel protects the Demon

Author's Note:

PreviousChapters Next