• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 7,034 Views, 451 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 451
 7,034

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 - No More Games, No More Mercy, Only Hate Remains

Celestia and Luna followed Chara through the lab till they reached a hall with rows of doors; unlike the other areas of the lab this one was more reminiscent of an actual medical area than a lab. While many of the halls had rooms they were mostly filled with equipment or file cabinets, this one however was open, well-lit and clean. Chara calmly walked to a room with the number 324 on it and stopped. "I moved Frisk here so she could be more comfortable." She explained.

"What is this area? The last time we were here none of this was open." Celesta asked and Luna nodded.

"I was thinking the same, the entire lab seems much larger as there were only a few areas open and none of them looked like this." Luna agreed and the sisters looked at Chara who shrugged.

"The Lab is divided into two sections and those sections can be further broken down making a total of four parts." Chara explained. "The first half contains the main area for testing and some side rooms with small lab areas for smaller tests. The second half is connected by the observation deck to the Core outside and leads into this half of the lab. This half contains the storage for equipment and files on projects, but also is where the offices of staff are at as well as the recovery medical wing." Chara said as she opened the door.

Celestia nodded. "So this is part of the medical wing for recovering patients?"

Chara nodded as they entered to see Frisk resting peacefully, Chara smiled and turned to the princesses. "Well she's asleep right now so I'm going to go work, try not to disturb her while I'm gone please." Chara said as she turned.

"Chara, we need to talk." Celestia said causing the human to sigh and turn.

"If it's about me being down here for so long then I'll go up when I get the chance but right now I have to keep an eye on Frisk. I will be able to leave once she's better." Chara said as she looked at the princesses.

Celestia shook her head. "That was one of them but was there another reason."

"Chara, the nobles are planning something." Luna interrupted. "Asriel is off dealing with Griffon rebels at the moment and even with Grillby there things are getting more and more troublesome."

Chara froze and turned to the two princesses in concern. "You’re sure about this?" She asked and Celestia nodded. "Then I don't have much time." Chara said as she turned to leave the room only for the entire building to shake and for her to go pale. "Did any of the nobles know you were coming here?" She asked.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other in concern. "No they didn't" Luna said and Chara paled.

"Then it's him." Chara said as she turned and ran out the door, Celestia and Luna looked at each other and ran after her.

As Chara ran the princesses could barely keep up with her and as they ran they realized they were following the path they'd taken earlier, when the exited the lab and stepped out onto the observation deck of the core the gasped as they saw the core sparking and exploding. "What's going on?" Celestia gasped while a look of realization crossed Luna's face.

"Sister she said it was 'him', you don't think she means the PLAYER?" She asked causing Celestias eyes to widen in fear.

"But why now?" Celestia asked concerned.

"What if it has something to do with Frisk?" Luna asked.

Celestia nodded and the two ran back into the first part of the lab following the path they had taken earlier. "But what could he want with her?" She asked as they entered the Elevator and pressed the button that caused it to rise.

"The PLAYER has been desperately trying to capture Chara ever since they have met maybe he's not after her specifically but the Determination she has?" Luna said causing Celestia to look at her confused. "Frisk and Chara have Souls of Determination, from what we have come to understand Determination is the ultimate power able to grant the user the ability to manipulate time and alter reality on a massive scale. Imagine what it could do if the PLAYER got his hands on it?"

Celestia nodded. "But why Chara and not Frisk? If they both have the same power then what does it matter who he uses?" Celestia asked.

Luna thought for a moment before her eyes widened. "What if they don't have the same power sister?" She said as she looked at Celestia. "What if we are looking at this wrong, they have the same abilities but not the same powers, Chara is far older than Frisk and if Human magic is like our magic then it would mean that Chara would have thousand times more power than Frisk."

"But why go for her so early on?" Celestia asked. "If your theory is correct than it makes sense that the PLAYER would go after her now but he wanted her from the beginning."

Luna nodded. "Sister, Chara once told us that Human Souls don’t persist after death but hers did, in fact it persisted for at least a thousand years till Frisk fell into the Underground and woke her up." Luna said causing Celestia to gasp. "Chara has more magic than she claims or perhaps she isn't even aware of this." Luna said as they exited the elevator to see Chara frantically typing on computers.

"Princesses, I need to deal with this so stay here." Chara said as she worked.

"Chara please let us help." Celestia said concerned.

"No, you can't do anything to him, Princess you can barely last a minute with Asriel and that's with him holding back." Chara said as she turned to the princesses. "The Core is in pretty bad shape but I was able to activate the Cores security systems, as long as you stay here you'll be safe." She said as she walked to the Labs exit. Before she left she turned to the Princesses. "If I fail, protect Frisk with your life." She said before she exited the lab.

"You know I never expected the PLAYER to strike here." Shroud said as Chara exited the Lab.

Chara turned to him with a chuckle. "Neither did I." She replied. "Good to see you again old friend." She said as the phoenix shrank down and landed on her shoulder.

"Same to you." Ember said as he fluffed up his wings. "So what are we dealing with this time?" He asked.

Chara shrugged. "I doubt it's him, or at least his physical form, he prefers puppets and trickery." Chara said as they walked through Hot Land. An explosion shook the underground and Chara smiled. "Looks like my traps worked." She said before looking at the Phoenix. "Hang on; we're taking a short cut." She said and stepped forward disappearing.


A Pony in a deep black suit calmly walked through damaged barrier room and entered the throne room. He smiled and looked around before entering the long caused it to known as the Judgement Hall, here a lone figure stood with a bird upon their shoulder.

The figures head was down and the hood of their green winter coat was up and covered her face, on her shoulder sat a bird that looked as if it was made of ash and embers from a fire, the stallion smiled and walked forward. As he did he spoke in a voice that echoed with an after effect. "When Angels are forced out of Heaven they become Devil's, you agree don't you Chara?"

The figure chuckled and looked up revealing her glowing red eyes "I'm just watching a bad dream I never wake up from." She replied

"I'll wake you up right now." The Stallion said with a smirk.

"What's your rush PLAYER? After all, it's been a long time since we talked, why not catch up a bit." Chara asked calmly.

PLAYER Laughed. "Are you pleading for your life?"

Chara shook her head. "Hardly, begging doesn't work on you remember?"

PLAYER smiled as he walked forward. "No, no it doesn't so how'd you know it was me?"

Chara shrugged. "Well ya know, after a while you kind-"

"You know, it’s hard to care when everything ends anyway." The stallion said with a twisted smile. "Why keep going when there's no point? If I have to die so they can live then so be it." The Stallion laughed as Chara’s face turned darker. "You have such a bleak outlook even though you don't even remember; I took your name, memories, and your very identity and twisted it into what you are today."

Chara sighed. "Well, everyone runs out of material sooner or later. Kinda comes with the business I guess. Some folks are good at keeping up; old buddy of mine was good with encores but was too lazy to do them." She said with a shrug. "Ya see, we Judges are more about reading the audience, faces say a lot and yours, well... I'm not gracing it with a description. Maybe this won't change anything for me or even this Timeline, maybe I won't get the answers to who this body belonged to before you twisted it and placed my soul inside. But I made a promise to Frisk and the thought of looking her in the eyes after giving up..." Chara chuckled and as a smile came on her face. "Guess Sans wasn't as bad an influence as he claimed after all." She said before sighed.

"Get to the point." PLAYER said with a yawn.

Chara’s smile grew and she closed her eyes. "It was a beautiful day ya know?" She asked sadly. "Children were laughing, the sun was shining, on days like this murder happy megalomaniacs like you will be going straight to hell.

Chara’s Eyes glowed red as Shroud flapped his wings and rose into the air. The PLAYER smiled and charged at Chara who dodged the attacks however the PLAYERS smile grew as he lit the stallion’s horn and gripped Chara in his Magic. "Things will be different this time." He said as he threw Chara into a wall only for her eyes to change to blue and she flipped gravity at the last second allowing her to land on the wall instead of crashing into it.

"Neat trick, now see mine." She said with a smile as her eyes changed to purple and raised her hand. The Player looked confused at Chara till his eyes widened and Chara fired a beam of magic at the PLAYER. The PLAYER leapt away however as the beam hit the ground it rebounded and split bouncing around like a laser. Chara ran down the wall and leapt to the floor inverting her gravity to allow normal movement and with a wave of her hand she created several summoning circles that conjured swords made of magic, the PLAYER stood there and with a smile she flicked her hand and fired the blades in patterns. The Player quickly began to dodge and weave through the attack however the maze vanished suddenly and was replaced with Shroud who screeched as he unleashed a wave of fire that pelted the PLAYER.

"That's not fair!" The PLAYER screamed as he rose and glared at Chara who shrugged.

"This isn't your little game PLAYER, it’s real life." She said with a smile. "There are no turns, no rules or restrictions." She said as she charged forward her eyes glowing orange as gauntlets appeared on her hands and she punched the PLAYER in the face. "God, I've wanted to do that for so fucking long!" she said with a smile.

The PLAYER growled and rose as he charged his horn and created a sword. "Fine, let's play." He growled and ran at Chara who dodged the attacks. The PLAYER didn't stop though and continued attacking however Chara simply smiled and began to block the attacks with her gauntlets. The PLAYER screamed in rage as he shot forward and struck at Chara however with a giggle and snap of her fingers she vanished and the PLAYER was slammed into the floor by Shroud who had dive bombed into him before raking his talons down the PLAYERS back.

The PLAYER growled again as he rose slowly before his form was enveloped in a white light. "You think you can mock me?" The PLAYER asked as the light faded and he spread a pair of wings. "I am your God; I control this world and all within it!" He screamed as he fired a beam from his horn. Chara barely dodged the attack and looked in concern at the PLAYER.

"That wasn't ordinary magic." She muttered.

"Oh, you noticed did you?" The PLAYER asked. "This isn't magic I'm using anymore." He said with a smile as he rose into the air. "Behold the power of the power of the Void!" He said as he began to laugh and fire beams of Void energy at Chara.

Chara growled and dodged the attacks as something she hadn't felt in centuries woke with in her. In recent centuries Chara had come to be known as the Arbiter of the Underground and seen as a passive judge who watched and protected Pony kind but this was not always the case, it had once been common knowledge but time had made many ponies forget that Chara had once held another title; The Demon that comes when you call her name.

What had once slumbered was now awake and angry; Chara's left eye turned black and her form began to change. The coat she wore lengthened and darkened till it became a black long coat, her shirt changed till it was a light green and yellow stripped t-shirt and her pants changed to black as her boots became heavy black leather combat boots with metal armor plates in them. With a smile she looked up at the PLAYER and they froze.

From the Lab Celestia and Luna watched the transformation in shock and when they saw Chara's eyes their hearts froze in fear. Chara's right eye was the same white with red colored iris however her left was completely black accept for a small pinprick that showed where she was looking, the eye dripped with black corruption slowly flowing down Chara's face like tears. "Chara, no!" A voice screamed causing the princesses to turn and see the door's to the lab closing. The Princesses looked in fear before running out of the lab.

Chara took a deep breath and smiled as she straitened her back and looked down at the player, the kindness in her eyes was replaced with arrogance and she smiled with a cocky grin. "You gone and fucked up PLAYER." She said as she shot forward and struck the PLAYER launching him back however rather than let him fly back Chara shot her hand out and a tentacle of black goop shot from her sleeve and pierced into the PLAYER. "Get over here you fucker!" She screamed as she pulled back and ripped the PLAYER forward only for Chara to jump forward and slam them into the ground, Chara grinned as the tentacle changed in to a scythe and she spun in air coming down on the Player and causing a dust cloud.

When the Dust settled The Princesses gasped as the saw the PLAYER using a sword made from magic to hold off Chara's scythe however he was struggling quickly the player teleported away and staggered for a moment as the stood and looked at Chara. "What the actual fuck?" He gasped out as Chara charged at him with a smile her weapon changing again into a kunai with a chain attached as she threw it at him with a smile. Quickly he parried the weapon however as he did it changed again and Chara spun in the air sending the weapon at him again.

This time the Weapon had changed from a kunai to a whip sword. The PLAYER was forced backward as Chara moved with speeds that made her blur, one moment she would be close right in from of the PLAYER while the next she had vanished and was using the length of her weapon to her advantage, he was barely able to block her attacks and the chance of him countering was almost zero. "How do you like this form?" Chara asked with a cocky tone. "You know it's been centuries since I've tapped into this power but I knew you'd bring it out eventually."

"What the fuck are you!?" PLAYER screamed and he blocked several more strikes.

Chara grinned as her blackened eye began to glow a deep red making it resemble a certain Skeletons. "I am HATE." She said as she leapt at the PLAYER, her weapons changing again into two daggers. "And you are dead." She said as thousands of tendrils of hate shot out from around her and wrapped around the PLAYER pinning him in place as Chara thrust both blades in to his chest. The PLAYER screamed in pain before teleporting away in a desperate attempt to get away, as he appeared he fired a blast of Void magic at Chara who jumped back only for it to follow her. Chara dodged left and right however the beam continued following and with a final jump back she was cornered by a wall. She closed her eyes however the attack never hit. Slowly she opened her eyes to see six figures standing around her. Two of the figures turned to look at her, one with a proud smile and a glowing blue eye while the other smiled as several hands appeared around him. The other four stood defensively as they each prepaid their own forms of battle.

The two figures turned to the PLAYER who was backing away in fear however the six didn't wait and leapt at the PLAYER, behind him a portal opened and the six figures slammed in to him and they all tumbled into the black Void.

"Give him hell guys." Chara said with a smiled as she fell to the ground and passed, out the sound of someone screaming her name was the last thing she registered before she met the floors embrace.

Author's Note:

So for those who don't remember in chapter 6 I stated that Chara has three forms of corruption each of them vary in appearance. The first you were introduced to was her third form Total Corruption, this is Chara's first form which is called Black Assassin. The Black Assassin form lowers Chara defense and Magic output but makes her already incredible speed and agility even higher, she also changes mentally becoming more cocky and prideful. In this form she uses many different weapons but they all have a single thing in common, they can be used at long or short range, this is due to the fact her fight style becomes more chaotic and aggressive while relying more on speed and persecution.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you in the next one.

PreviousChapters Next