• Published 26th Oct 2018
  • 7,021 Views, 451 Comments

Lost Dreamer - Arceaion



What price will you pay to protect others? Would you give up everything just to protect them? My name is Chara Dreemurr and I was given a chance when someone payed the price for me with their soul, memories and life.

  • ...
23
 451
 7,021

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 - Shroud of Hate Part 1

962 years BNM

Chara smiled as she stood off to the side of the throne room, she wore pair of brown pants with shin guards, a white colored light and flexible chest-plate and green zip up hoodie jacket with the delta Rune inscribed in the shoulders as a form of badge. On her feet were a pair of red boots that had metal plates covering them. At her side was a sword strapped to her belt and several knives could be seen holster on a sash that crossed her chest. Shortly after she had turned twelve a pony had attempted to assassinate Celestia while she was holding court, since them Chara had made it herself the personal Guard of the princesses when court was held.
As the doors closed and court came to its end for the day Celestia groaned as she rose and popped her back as she stretch our her wings and groaned. "Oh fuck those nobles." She said tiredly.

Luna grunted an agreement as she rose as well and stretched.

Chara chuckled. "Glad I don't have to deal with that shit." She said with a sigh.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other for a moment before Luna sighed. "Actually Chara, with you and your brother turning 18 and come of age you and Asriel will be coordinated as official members of the Royal Family." She said with a wince.

Chara glared at the two as she grit her teeth. "And you withheld this information why?" She asked in a voice of forced calm.

"Asriel was aware of this arrangement." Celestia said.

"And I was not informed why?" Chara asked.

"We didn't see as a necessary piece of information, as such you didn't need to know." Celestia replied.

Charas eyes narrowed. "If your implying something then spit it out." Chara growled. "I am in no mood or position to play these games."

When we adopted you an agreement was made, an agreement that stated that we would be open and honest with each other." Luna said. "Asriel has held that bargain but you have not. You have withheld vital information both about your past and the exact details of your work." Luna growled back to Chara.

"We all have our secrets." Chara said. "There are things that should not be known ever. I made many mistakes and miss calculations in my youth, both seen and done things that I'm not proud of, things that fall under that which shouldn't be known." Chara said angrily.

Luna growled. "And when would it be 'need to be known'? Dr. Gaster may be gone bu-" Charas eyes glowed a brilliant red as she glared at Luna.

"How do you know that name?" Chara asked her tone growing dangerous.

"I am the Alicorn of the Night and Mistress of Dreams." Luna said calmly back.

"You entered my mind, don't do it again." Chara said flatly. "There are things in there that you would be wise to avoid, things that could destroy you." She said as she turned to exit the throne room.

"Like that gloppy skeleton figure that chases me?" Luna asked.

Chara whirled around and grabbed Luna by the throat. "👎︎□︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ❍︎♏︎♎︎♎︎●︎♏︎ ♓︎■︎ ♋︎♐︎♐︎♋︎♓︎❒︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♋︎❒︎♏︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ♍︎□︎■︎♍︎♏︎❒︎■︎✏︎" She said as she drew a knife.

"Do not meddle in affairs that are not of your concern!"

"Chara Dreemurr, stop this now!" Celestia yelled in anger.

Chara froze as for a moment before dropping the blade and Luna slowly backing away before turning to flee.

"Chara wait!" Celestia called to the running girl before sighing and turning to Luna. "What in mothers name were you thinking!?" She asked angrily.

"I am tired of her secrets sister." Luna growled. Either she tells of what happened or I shall pry it from her mind by force." Luna hissed as she rose.

"And what good would it do anypony?" Celestia asked angrily. "As she said we all have our secrets, she is entitled to them just as much as you or I. The reason I have not told Chara of this arrangement was that it was to be a present for her, a moment to celibate not because she is hiding things." Celestia said before sighing.

Luna huffed. "You are to kind Celestia. Chara has secrets that could change this world and yet she keeps them to herself. Imagine what we could do if such technology was in our hooves. We could defeat the Minotaur and slay the Griffons slavers, our ponies would be unstoppable and we would rule this land!"

Celestia gazed at Luna with a concerned look. "What is with you Luna?" She asked concerned. "This is a child, one we have raised and aided in life! Is this all you see in her, something to take and siphon knowledge from?"

"You've seen the technology that Chara uses first hand Celestia." Luna said. "Thanks to her we and our ponies have pipes that allow water in homes, lights that run on magic instead of fire."

"Have you considered asking Chara for such information rather than force her?" Celestia asked.

Luna growled. "As if she would tell us such secrets."

"When was the last time you slept Luna?" Celestia asked concerned.

"I slept last night." Luna replied.

Celestia actually sighed. "I mean really slept Luna, not Dream Walk."

Luna thought for a moment. "I... uh... It was- no..." After a moment she sighed. "I don't know."

Celestia sighed. "Remember the last time you did this? You ended up wearing a metal hate and proclaiming yourself Blognoth the Destroyer of Worlds?" Lunas face turned red. "Luna what did you just do and what did we just discuss?"

"We just... oh fuck." Luna said as realization dawned.

Celestia nodded. "Go get some sleep Luna."

"But I mus-" Luna started only for Celestia to place a hoof over her mouth.

"You must get some sleep, I will talk to Chara when she comes back." Celestia said calmly.

Lunas ears fell but she nodded and slowly exited the throne room but before she left she turned to Celestia. "Tell Chara that I'm sorry for what I said and caused her to do."


Chara grumbled as she walked through the Everfree Forest. "The absurdity of me becoming a Princess, I don't need more distractions!" she yelled angrily and she punched a tree. As she punched it her eyes flared with orange magic and the tree was reduced to splinters. Chara growled and continued to walk. It had been eleven years since she had had broken the barrier and during that time much had happened. She had continued to work on the machine to free Gaster however her work had slowed in recent years as Celestia and Luna had given her and Asriel more and more duties to perform. Asriel had begun to work with the Noble houses to set laws and more government work while Chara had been tasked with operating the Guard.
Chara grumbled as she remembered the state of the guard, to sum it up with a single word it was pathetic. The 'Guards' could barely hold a weapon and the slightest intimidation made them flee in terror. It had taken a lot to get them to fight and even them they were shit. A sudden screech broke Chara out of her thoughts and she looked around in confusion. A second screech showed her the direction and she charged, leaping over fallen trees and stones she quickly came upon a sight that disgusted her.

Standing in a clearing was a massive Phoenix, it's wings and body anchored down by massive chains that prevented it from lifting off. Surrounding it was a group consisting of five ponies, three Minotaur and a griffon. With a growl she stepped in to the clearing and summoned her magic to form a revolver which she fired in the air, the loud crack of the gun drew the attention of everyone in the clearing. "Under articular twenty seven section five of the Equestrian Accord it is illegal to hunt, trap or kill a Phoenix as they are considered endangered as a species."

"Who the fuck are you?" A Minotaur asked angry.

"Chara Dreemurr, former Arbiter of the Kingdom of Monsters." She said calmly.

"Wait, she's the Princesses adopted little brat." The second exclaimed.

The Griffon to lick its lips. "A perfect little whore to break in and be ransomed off." It said.

Chara chuckled darkly before full on bursting out laughing manically before turning to the group. "You know, you caught me at a perfect time. See I'm a bit pissed off and you will provide me an outlet." She said as her eyes glowed red and a scythe appeared in her hand. The group drew their sword and smiled at her with hungry eyes.

Chara charged and cleaved through one of the Minotaur cutting both him and his sword in half before turning to the others with a smile. One of the Minotaur roared and charged swinging a massive ax at Chara who dodged them with a smile. "You think I'm just going to stand and take it?" She asked with a smile as one of her eyes changed from red to blue and she inverted his gravity launching him back and impaling him into a tree. Several of the ponies charged at her and dodged their swings all the while her smile grew bigger and the edges began to break apart as if her flesh was decomposing. Chara leaped away and her weapon changed from a scythe to a large Trident that she swung several times the tip changing color.
*Orange, blue, blue, blue, orange
The next swing launched several waves in their direction in the same pattern that the trident flashed. Several ponies screamed and fell dead while others watched in terror. The next Minotaur charged at Chara from behind and slammed into her sending her flying but rather than crash into the ground Chara flipped into the air as black bone like wings ripped out of her back and her eyes went black as some sort of black liquid began to leaked from them. By the time she landed her flesh was a sickly white like a corps and she smirked revealing her decomposed face and ran strait at them her eyes boring into their souls as a red dot showed where she was looking, with a smile she ran at the Minotaur as her blade changed from red to black and shrunk to small black claws that covered her hands. Chara let loose a scream of a banshie and slammed into the Minotaur who screamed in terror as the claws ripped into his throat and she ripped his head from his body with the spine still attached. The remaining ponies and Griffon watched in terror as she rose slowly as if the were a marionette and turned to look at them with a demonic smile before charging.

"Kill it, KILL IT, KILL IT!" The griffon screamed int terror as Chara began to walk toward them.

Chara smiled and ran toward them as two ponies pulled out crossbows and began to fire on her however she seemed to ignore the arrows that punctured her and she laughed as she decapitated them wit a swipe from her claws. before turning to the griffon and leaping at him only for a ax to smash into her like a bat.

Chara flew backward and rolled sever times before rising again and turned to see the Minotaur she had impaled on the tree standing before her a hole in his stomach but he stood his ax chipped crashed but he still stood. "What the fuck are you!?" He exclaimed in fear.

Chara chuckled as she rose and opened her hand to show her soul. Half of it was red with spider-webbing cracks in it however the other half was inverted and white with cracks, with in the cracks was a black substance that seemed to act as glue and hold the Soul together. "I'm and Angle and Demon, born from the pits of Hell, sent from Heaven, made of LOVE, bound by HATE." She said before her soul disappeared and she smiled as she charged them, her claws changing into swords that she slammed into the Minotaur ax shattering it and cleaving his arms off. The Minotaur screamed before he was decapitated.

The griffon turned and ran spreading his wings and leaping into the air only for a pain to pierce his left wing and he turned to see a knife embedded in it, the knife was attached to a chain and the griffon followed it down till he saw the blackened and decayed hands of Chara. Chara grinned and the griffons eyes widened as she yanked hard on the chain and pulled him down to the ground before her. The griffon looked up at her in terror. "Please let me live, I have money! You can have anything you want! Name it and it shall be!" He cried as he begged for mercy.

Chara eye him with utter disdain and he felt as if he were a sheep sent to slaughter or an insect before a giant. Slowly she opened her mouth and spoke and a broken voice. "I want your blood." She said before she slit his throat and walking away. The griffon clutched his throat and gargled as he felt the iron flavored taste of his own blood before falling to the ground, the world slowly growing black around him.

Chara stood in the clearing gazing at the dead bodies around her an maniacal smile in her face, suddenly her eyes cleared and she gasped in shock as she looked around her eyes widening in terror at what she had done. Slowly she looked down at her hands seeing the blood coating them, her skin returned to it's pail color and the rot and decayed skin began to revive and nit back together. The wings on her back faded from existence her eyes cleared returning to be those of a human. Her cloths were shredded and caked in blood and their were cuts and puncture wounds covering her body. Chara grit her teeth and fought through the pain as she rose and approached the Phoenix.

The Phoenix eyed her wearily as she approached and as she neared it's eyes narrowed. Chara smiled and chuckled. "Intimidation doesn't work on me little birdie." She said in a sarcastic tone as she examined the chains.

"If you plan to free me then you are wasting your time." The phoenix said calmly it's voice a deep rumble. "The chains are Mythril forged and reinforced by Adamantite."

Chara frowned. "Little excessive for a Phoenix." She said confused.

The phoenix gives what sounded like a laugh. "I am no ordinary Phoenix, I am an Ash Phoenix." He said with pride. "Were it not for these chains I would simply disperse my essence and reappear away from this trap." Chara nodded and walked toward the chains her eyes glowing orange as she grabbed the chains and pulled. "Foolish child, did you not hear me? These chains are enforced with Adamantite." Chara ignored the Phoenix and continued to pull til with the sound of twisting metal the chains bent and broke. The phoenix watched in shock as Chara walked around pulling each chain till it snapped or shattered. Once they all were broken the phoenix spread his wings and the chains were thrown off of him. "FREEDOM!" The phoenix screeched as the chains were thrown away, the phoenix flapped his wings and a cloud of ash emanated from them as runes the color of dying embers glowed on hes body.

Chara smiled and turned to leave only to stumble and fall face first onto the blood soaked ground. The world spun and slowly Chara closes her eyes letting the world fade away.


Chara groaned as feeling returned to her body. "I see that you are awake at last." A voice said calmly. Chara groaned and tried to rise only to cry out in pain. "Don't get up, in your condition it's a miracle you survived."

"What happened?" Chara asked as she slowly opened her eyes and looked to where to voice was to see a small Phoenix with an ashen color and ember runes.

"You don't remember?" The Phoenix asked.

Charas eyes widened as the memories flooded back. "Your not big anymore." Chara said confused.

The Phoenix gave what sounded like a laugh. "You are quite an interesting creature." He said. "You have saved my life young Princess, I owe you what you would call a life debt."

Chara shrugged only to wince. "I'm assuming it was you who dragged me out of that clearing so I'd say we're even." Chara said.

The Phoenix shook it's head. "No, what they planned for me is something best left unsaid but I owe you my life. The Princesses asked I alert them when you awaken." He said as she spread his wings.

"Wait, how long have I been out?" Chara asked.

"A week." The Phoenix said before taking off and flying through the open window. Chara looked up at the ceiling of her room before sighing and closing her eyes.

Suddenly the door burst open and Luna ran in barely stopping in time to not run into Charas bed. "Chara I'm so sorry!" Luna cried as she pulled the injured human into a hug as tears tan down her muzzle. " I'm sorry for all I said and for what I did and I'm Sorrryyyyy!" Luna cried into Charas chest.

Chara hesitated before sighing and slowly moving to return the hug and pat Lunas head. "I forgive you Luna." Chara said with a sigh as she returned the hug. "Just don't do that again and well be fine." She added.

Luna nodded. "I wasn't sleeping and when I don't sleep I start to say and act foolish. I'm so sorry." Luna said sadly.

Chara nodded. "Sleep deprivation can lead to a person or pony doing may weird things, one of them being things we come to regret later on. I should know."

Celestia stood in the doorway of the room with Asriel at her side. "So it all worked out in the end after all." She said before looking up to the goat monster. "I should take your word more often."

Asriel smiled and nodded before his face returned to a more serious one. "I read the report on what was found at the... site." He said. "There is only one thing that could do that much damage in so little time, something I hoped never to see awakened again."

Celestia turned to Asriel in concern. "if even you fear it then we must stop it."

"That's the thing." Asriel said. "It can't simply be stopped only kept asleep, not even the Elements of Harmony could stop it only return it to sleep."

"What is this thing?" Celestia asked fear in her voice.

Asriel turned to the site of Chara and Luna watching the scene. "Chara has several forms that activate under certain conditions, the forms are biased off of Charas state of mind and her body changes due to the reaction of her magic."

Celestia nodded. "I am aware, some ponies have a similar effect. When a Unicorn is in danger and they have something to fight for or protect there magic can warp their body and explode out in what's called a Rage Shift.


Asriel nodded. "When Chara has something to fight for or protect she changes from her normal form to what we named Judgement Form this is when she become an Arbiter, however there is a another form she can enter. In this form she becomes a monster, a true Demon. Her final and most destructive form, her Genocide Form. When Chara is in extreme pain, be it physical or emotional, the trait of HATE in her body activates and tries to shield her form her suffering and protect her. It acts as a defense mechanism of sorts."

Celestia slowly turned to look at Chara and Luna a hint of fear in her eyes. "Luna's assault and what ever those mercenaries did pushed her to where this darkness felt it needed to act." She said piecing the scenario together.

Asriel nodded. "The Black Trait of HATE, when she enters her Genocide form she normally just become really mean or hides away with the powers of hate, shielding her till she can recover, however in battle she becomes a ruthless and sadistic monster. It's a symbiotic relationship, she is protected and it has a host that keeps it alive by giving it something to feed on."

"It seems dangerous." Celestia said concerned.

Asriel shook his head. "It's protective, if provoked then it is but ion it's own it's simply a sleeping demon that is content to leave others alone." Asriel turned to Celestia. "Princess, Chara is not a glass ball or some fragile person, when something pushes her over the edge then it was something not to over look."

Celestia nodded. "One of the corpses found was a Griffon"

Asriels face went white which was a impressive feet given that he had white fur. "Slavers." He said before turning to Chara. "If Griffons are this far into the kingdom then this is concerning."

"Does this Hate Creature have any malice or does is it simply protect Chara?" Celestia asked.

Asriel looked at the Princess for a moment. "It doesn't care about anything except keeping Chara safe but it only comes out when it must."

Celestia nodded. "Then I see no problem with it." She said. "Darkness can serve the light, and not all darkness is evil." She said as she rose and entered the room approaching Chara.

Asriel watched in surprise as Celestia spoke with Chara and smiled. Her mask was down and her emotions plan to see Asriel stood quiet and a small smile appeared on his face. The Phoenix landed on his shoulder and watched the group. "Chara is an interesting creature and a worthy master."

Asriel turned to the phoenix. "What will you do?" He asked.

"When she is better and her magic has recovered I shall bond with her as her familiar, for now I shall watch and observe." The phoenix said. before turning to the Prince. "She is your sister correct?" Asriel nodded. "Go be with her." He said as he spread his wings and flew away. Asriel turned back to the group and smiled as he entered the room to join those who had become his family.

Author's Note:

So here is the next chapter and boy was it a tough one to right. CHarsa has three form s of coruprion each of them vary in appearance. The one in this form was her third form nicknamed, Total Corruption. I hope you enjoyed the story and I hope to see you in the next one.

(This picture is as close as I could find to Charas Total Corruption form.)
Chara Corrupt Form 3: Total Corruption

PreviousChapters Next