• Published 12th Oct 2018
  • 3,085 Views, 3 Comments

An Out of Body Experience - TheWraithWriter



Pinkie Pie wakes up (which is normal), but she's really small now (which is not normal), and she's also just crawled out of her own ear (which is super duper not normal).

  • ...
11
 3
 3,085

And One More Thing

Princess Luna glided silently over Ponyville. There was no need to be quiet, it was the middle of the day and anypony asleep at this hour wasn’t likely to be roused by gunfire, let alone flapping wings. Luna sort of just was a quiet flyer. Came with the territory of being the Goddess of Dreams.

She drifted down onto the roof of a corner bakery, one she made a mental note to visit again under less uncertain circumstances.

The night before, something unusual happened. Luna had felt the very fabric of the Dreamscape shift and tear. She followed the tremors to their source. A small, but not particularly sleepy town. Home to a certain pink pony with a penchant for parties.

Luna made her way down the roof to the tree beside the bakery, landing nimbly in its branches. She moved along them to the open, second story window.

She landed inside with nary a sound.

Apart from the sharp, surprised gasp of Pinkie Pie.

“Princess Luna!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Yes, ‘tis I, fair Pinkie Pie.” Luna said, wincing slightly at the other mare’s volume. “I have come to discuss an urgent matter with you-”

“I’m so glad you’re here!” Pinkie said excitedly, vanishing for a moment before reappearing with a large chalkboard. “I had the strangest dream last night and I think I somehow got out of my own head!”

Luna opened her mouth to speak, but the words died in her throat once Pinkie spun the board around. Scrawled along every available inch of the board was a vast and dizzying equation. It twisted and tumbled, tying itself in knots before untying itself and continuing onwards.

“I’ve been going over my calculations all morning, but I’m stumped.” Pinkie explained, stepping over to stand beside Luna. “But, now that you’re here, I’m sure we can figure it out!”

Luna’s jaw worked several times, but no words came out. At last, she managed to speak.

“I… I shall call for some refreshments.”

Author's Note:

I had a lot of fun writing Pinkie Pie in this, if you couldn't tell.

Comments ( 2 )

You did well with the premise given by PT, and I do like how it read, mostly light and fluffy, a bit different for him, given his like for stories with a darker bent sometimes. Fits his art style better though. Regardless, good work.

This was so delightful to read and so IN CHARACTER that I actually made an account here just to say so! The way you write Pinkie is absolutely perfect! Great job~

Login or register to comment