• ...
12
 142
 3,151

Chapter 21: Romancing the Star

Things just went from bad to HOLY BUCK BALLS in a matter of seconds.

There you are, staring deep into the eyes of your vicious foe, who gives a bone-chilling grin knowing he's got you and your knocked out pony friend cornered. A large, toothy grin that sends your skin crawling for the hills.

"So here we are!" the dog cackles triumphantly. "The valiant, yet puny 'hyewmun' that threw my entire kingdom into disarray is at my mercy."

You frantically attempt to punch the gloating creature in the snout, only for him to hold you farther over the cliff.

"Hey, big whoop!" you scoff. "Kingdoms are ruled by kings, empires are ruled by emperors. That, my dog, is a COUNTRY you got there!"

"Ruled by what, exactly?"

"Figure it out!"

You poke the evil beast in the eye, which you quickly regret as Fang roars in pain and releases the flimsy branch, dropping you two down toward the misty river down below.

"DAH-DEEEEE!!!" Spirit's voice echoed loudly.

The thick hunk of wood zips right past you, crashing into Starlight and forcing her out of your grasp. The unicorn spins out of control and disappears deeper into the mist as you desperately attempt to take flight, chanting "I believe I can fly" repeatedly at lightning speed despite the fact that you're getting dangerously close to-

SPLASH!!! you hit the water harder than a boulder.

Eh, an "A" for effort, I guess.

Recovering from the incredibly harsh impact, you weakly swim to the surface of the deep, murky lake in search of your fallen companion through the thick mist that's obstructing your view. As you make it onto the shore, a chill runs up and down your spine like an elevator upon finding a soaked Star sprawled out at the edge of the water. Heart pounding, you sprint over towards her body

"Star..." you utter. "STAR! Don't you dare put me through this, I HATE this trope!"

Panicking, you quickly check for pulses. Your heart sinks when you didn't come across a single one. You press your ear against her soft, fuzzy barrel.

No beats. No pulse...

Nothing.

"T-This wasn't supposed to be this way." you sob softly. "So much I've wanted to say to you, so many things I wanted you to know. So many memories we could've had and I let my stupid fears get in the way of telling you that I......" you reach over and slide a strand of Star's wet hair off of her closed, enchanting eyes. "I love you." you sigh.

Tears fill your eyes as you hold your wet pal's limp body in a tight embrace. Your mourning is cut short, when you soon hear a loud THUD a few feet behind you.

"That was easy." Fang snickers. "Now there's only one more pest to take CARE of!"

In the lake, you see a reflection of a huge boulder hurtling towards you. At the speed of light, you twirl around and send a stream of magic piercing through the hunk of rock, reducing it to dust.

"Oh, things just got a little more interesting." the dog snickers.

"We can keep doing this for as long as you like." you huff. "But this only ends one way."

"And what might that be?" Fang scoffs.

Energy flickers through your knuckles.

"I END you."

"We'll see about that."

Green flames engulf your fists as you charge head on. Fang flings a spear of magic your way but watches in shock as you halt it in a green aura and toss it aside far into the horizon. You dip past his enormous fist and deal a swift uppercut to his chin, knocking him back.

"I admit, you are a worthy foe." Fang chuckled, rubbing his jaw. "Almost makes me want to spare your life."

"Spare me the compliments." you huff, lunging at the beast's neck and backhand him in the snout. Fang tosses you to the ground and pins your head down with his foot and aims his staff a few inches away from your cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll make this hurt ALOT."

Vines suddenly launch out of the ground surrounding the dog, yank the staff aside as the magic forming in it blasts through the clouds and restrains his bulky arms from all sides.

"Let's send 'em to the doghouse!" Wally hollers, chucking tiny bags that explode into a thick, dusty orange mist that blinds the roaring dog's vision.

Mr. Jammers lifts the confused mongrel and slams him around as Wally gallops to your aid.

"Miss me?" she pants.

"Saved my butt once again." you sigh. "I owe you one. Where's the squirt?"

"AAAAAAAH-NAAAAAAH!!!"

Past the action, little Spirit scurries through the waving vines towards you.

"Kid, get out of there!" you holler.

A pink sphere the size of a beach ball forms around the little one and pulls him away before Fang is slammed on the spot. You watch the small ball roll towards a frazzled Starlight, who's clearly struggling to stand.

"STARLIGHT!"

"Get the little one out of here!" she groans, rolling the sphere towards you.

Up above, Fang slices the tough vines down to size and ties them into a complex bundle.

"Your determination is starting to pester me." he sighs, easily deflecting Wally's numbing thorns and pinning her by the neck against a boulder with a ring of magic.

You rush over, Spirit in hand, and build a glowing green brick wall ahead of Star as the beast fires another power shot.

"Humans like me are born to pester!"

"You said it, not me!" your pal utters, combining her magic with yours to form a tall, strong shield.

"Just surrender your magic and I won't enslave all of you. You'll instead be.......unpaid interns."

[Aw HELL naw! That MONSTER!!!]

"You can NEVER truly take the magic away!" you state proudly, adding more force to the growing energy. "Because we.......we...."

"Anon, what are you doing here?" Star grunts.

"I........I got nothing. Isn't this the part where Twilight and the others would give some hokey speech about friendship being true magic before dealing the finishing blow?"

"Yeah, but why do you NEED to do that at this moment exactly?"

"For dramatic effect, duh."

"Let's just stop this psycho already."

Channeling the team attack, you two demolish Fang's line of fire and his grip on Wally, sending him crashing into a rocky wall with a colossal wave of.......unknown friendship magic, leaving him in the dust. Taking the advantage, you leap in and out of the dust punching the beast from all sides. Wally continues her barrage of blinding nature powder as Starlight practically turns into a living machine gun, blasting shot after shot and barely giving Fang an opportunity to defend himself.

Now THIS is Equestria's Endgame!

"Teamwork, BITCH!" you cheer.

"Tee tah, BISH!" Spirit squeaks.

"No, no, don't repeat that squirt. Nonny made a oopsie."

"Tee tah, BISH!"

"Ugh, I set myself up with that one."

Eventually, Mr. Jammers breaks out of the dreaded quadruple knot and pins the dazed dog to the ground and tightly wraps around his limbs like a neat Hearth's Warming gift and knocks the staff out of his grasp.

"Anon, grab my horn!" Starlight yells.

"U-Uh.....why do you want me to-"

"JUST DO IT!"

Following the scary unicorn's demand, you grab her horn.

"Now get the crystal!"

As soon as you extract the crystal from the staff, Fang tears off his restraints and aggressively charges toward you all.

"Star...?"

"Just a little closer..."

Tension rises when the aggravated villain closes distance between you as Star's horn begins to shine brightly.

"Give me back my STAFF!!!"

"And.........NOW!"

Suddenly, magic courses through your body when the unicorn sends an intense surge of magic from your twitching body to the crystal in your hand. The bulky shard crackles in a illuminated aura of pink energy. What seemed like a weird Equestrian way of crossing the streams turned out to be more effective than expected. A large, twisted beam of magic bursts from the tip of the crystal and strikes the lunging dog in mid-air.

"What.......are.......you DOING?!" he roars.

The strength of friendship and possibly love stretch across and engulfs the screaming monster as it strips every ounce of power from your devious foe while he futilely attempts to escape his fate. Fang's ripped muscles and tall figure is soon reduced to it's normal, nonthreatening self.

There, the slightly burned mini-sized overlord struggles to stand up, digging his nubby claws into the dirt.

"THAT!" he grunts. "Was NOT.......fair."

Poor thing couldn't make it ten inches before falling flat on his face.

[FATALITY!]

"I-Is......is everypony alright?" you sigh, feeling the buzz of the magic that flowed through you. "Squirt?"

Spirit slides out from under your shirt and lets out a cute little sneeze, causing a speck of light to poof at the tip of his horn.

"Oh, his first horn poof!" you gasp. "Guys, Spirit had his first-"

Out of nowhere, Fang leaps at you roaring with a sharp branch in his paw. "You will PAY for this!" he growls.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY HUMAN!!!"

Starlight suddenly leaps in and karate bucks the lunging dog to the ground. The peeved unicorn starts viciously whaling on the poor pup with her sudden skillful ka-rah-tay moves as you watch on in awe, disturbance and anticipation. You couldn't believe the MOUTH on Glimmy because she starts using words you've never heard her use since.......EVER, like threatening to smash Fang's head into a smoothie and drink his thoughts, stuff like that. Eventually, all the pent up rage inside her fades and you peek over to look at the battered fur rug groaning in agony.

"Uh, Star...........I-I think you got him."

"You THINK?!" she pants heavily, snatching the crystal from you and crushing it into oblivion under her hoof.

"Jesus, you kicked him in the eye with a Siberian flying tiger! That was AWE-"

You find your fuming pal staring deeply into your soul with a terrifying sneer before stomping towards you. "Now on to YOU!" she grunts, shaking you violently in the air like a ragdoll with her small dosage of magic.

"WHAT! ABOUT! ME!" you holler woozily in the pony's enchanted grip.

"You pick just NOW to say you LOVE ME?!"

"Oh......you heard me?"

"Every. Last. Word."

"I thought you were DEAD. I checked your heart."

"You were a few inches off with that one."

Your face becomes redder than a baboon's ass.

"Ok, m-maybe now wasn't such a good moment, but-"

"I've been waiting bucking MONTHS for this and it took you THIS LONG!"

"I said I'm sorry! I didn't mean to........say huh?"

"I'll just say it like this: I tend to be VERY impatient sometimes. Now is one of those times. If you don't kiss me RIGHT now, I'm gonna chain you down and make you listen to 'Happy Together' on REPEAT-"

As quick as a flash, you grab the radiant beauty by the shoulders and pull her into a deep, passionate kiss. Star wraps her hooves around your back and pulls you even deeper into the kiss, letting out a cute little moan. At that moment, it was like a dream come true. No doubt about it, hooves down, Star is best kisser. Now, it was always known that ol' Glimmy takes charge every once in a while. But when it comes to making out...

"Uh, Glimmy." you utter, trying to catch your breath.

"Hold still." she muffled, horn glowing.

There, the feeling of what seemed to be your energy flowing outta you...

NO, not that feeling, you desperate pervs.

Soon, the rapid beating of your heart slows down to it's normal pace, only to beat a little faster at the fact that you're at first base with the girl of your dreams. Finally, Starlight pulls back, breaking the kiss.

"Wow." you pant. "That was.......something......that......we did."

"Yeah, no kidding." Star giggles. "I've never transferred magic THAT way before."

"W-Was it.........good for you too?"

"Y-Yeah."

You two sit there, awkwardly facing each other, blushing to the max.

"..."

"..."

"Hey.....I-I think I may have a little more magic left in me." you state.

"Really now?" Star snickers. "Let me just go ahead and take..."

Before getting deep into the kiss again, the unicorn pushes you back. "You had zero magic in you, did ya?"

"........I don't know." you laugh.

"Hey, if you two just wanna kiss, just do it already." Wally sighs. "I'll just be disgusted over here."

Seconds away from another spit-swapping makeout match-

"Ughhhhhhh...." Fang whines.

"What do we do with him, pal?"

"I don't know, but his tears of despair fuel my inner GODDESS." Star shutters in delight.

[Woah, DOWN girl, DOWN girl!]

Soon, Spirit waddles in and spits a few tiny pebbles at Fang's forehead and let's out a squeaky little roar, to your amusement. "That's right, squirt." you coo. "You beat him. Good job!"

The goofy child clings to your arm giggling and blows a raspberry at the groggy dog.

"Time to banish you into nonexistence, vile beast." you bellow, dramatically snapping your finger and watching as a tiny ball of light flies out of your palm and pops like a harmless mini firework. "I think I have a better idea."

Snapping a thick branch from a nearby tree, you head back toward the groaning fleabag and hand it to your loving pal.

"Care to do the honors, my dear?"

"Oh, I would be DELIGHTED." Star grunts, taking the branch with a malicious grin.

With a swift, strong swing, Starlight whacks the hollering dog far into the horizon, never to be seen again. Villainy finally vanquished, Star hops into your arms and holds you in a tight, warm embrace. In the corner of your eye, you see Wally cover Spirit's eyes as Mr. Jammers covers hers. Wally could gag all she wanted...

She's mad cuz she hasn't made it up to bat yet...