• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 846 Views, 16 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventures: Shadow Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends end up covering one of the biggies mysteries in Equestrian History.

  • ...
 16
 846

Chapter 5: Tracking The Shadow

Everyone reach to Ponyville and Princess Twilight's castle. There everyone and everypony is circling around the and the other pillars are looking at the map Princess Twilight and her five friends have. Something about the map is… special, and magical

Starswirl look at the map, and says, "Something about this magic seems familiar…"

Having his suspicions, Starswirl lights up his horn, and perform a spell on the map. There he makes a holographic image of the Tree of Harmony appear. Princess Twilight and her friends, along with Sun and the others gasp in astonishment.

Rarity whispers to Princess Twilight, "Did you know he can do that?"

"He's Star Swirl! He can do anything!" Twilight whispers with a squeal.

"This map, and indeed this very castle, are grown from the seed we planted over a thousand years ago," Starswirl concludes.

"Then it did work!" Rockhoof adds, pressing his hoof on the table.

"What worked?" Sunburst asks.

"Each of us infused a crystal seed with our magic in hopes that it would grow into a force for good," Somnambula explains
"We wanted to leave something to protect the realm in our absence, but we never dreamed our gift would become so powerful," Mistmane adds.

"Y'all mean the Elements came from you?" Applejack questions.

Everyone look confused to hear the question.

"You know, the sparkly crystal things that grow from the Tree of Harmony and represent each of us?" Pinkie adds to the questions.

Pinkie sits on her throne, throws balloon and confetti, shouting, Laughter…"

"Honesty," Pinkie adds, hugging Pinkie flank.

Pinkie lifts a peacock like fan, showing Rarity, and says, "Generosity."

Pinkie then pulls Rainbow down by the tail saying, "Loyalty."

"Kindness," Pinkie adds, snuggles Fluttershy on the cheek.

"And magic!" Pinkie finishes sprinkling magic over Princess Twilight.

Then Pinkie sits down to where Somnambula is.

"They are reflections of our own elements of hope, strength, beauty, bravery, healing, and sorcery," Somnambula explains.

"We had no idea our small seed would bloom into the living spirit of the land. I am glad our mantles have passed to such capable ponies," Meadowbrook adds.

Sonata questions, "But what about Sun's element?"

The six pillars look at Sonata with confused looks.

"What do you mean?" Mistmane asks.

"What Sonata means is that there are now seven elements not six," Princess Twilight says.

"Yeah. My friends and I were there. The elements traveled to the human world, and helped Sun created a new element that has two in one. The element Sun has not only the form of the Element of Magic, but a new element, Courage," Human Twilight adds.

Starswirl and the other pillars look at the tree, and see that there is a seventh branch.

"A new element. That will mean the tree have become more powerful than it was before. And more importantly, we no longer need Ponhenge to send our foe back to limbo. We can use the stored magic in this Tree of Harmony," Starswirl says.

"But doesn't a banishing spell take a lot of power? We'd have to sacrifice the Elements for that," Princess Twilight says.
"Mm-hmm," Starswirl answers, nodding his head.

"They'd be gone... forever?" Fluttershy concludes.

"Star Swirl, I don't think the Tree can survive without the Elements. If it dies, Equestria will suffer," Twilight worriedly reasons.

Sun and her friends, along with Princess Twilight's friends gasp in shock.

"That sounds way too risky," Sun adds.

"If the Pony of Shadows has his way, your land will not exist. So unless you have a better idea…" Starswirl firmly replies.
Princess Twilight starts to feel a little guilty, but Sun is not looking so happy with Starswirl's attitude.

"So what's your idea?" Aria bluntly remarks.

Ignoring Aria's bluntness, Starswirl then cast a spell on the map. By then, black spirals of clouds appear on the map.

"What are those?" Falling Star asks.

"Our foe will seek dark places from which to draw power. I will prepare my spell so that we may strike as soon as you find him," Starswirl says.

Sun steps in and says, "Still, if you do find the Pony of Shadows, I think it will be best not to attack it until the rest of us arrive. Also, I think it will be best that most of us go on ahead while a few of us stay here to keep track and to find a few spells."

"And who would do what?" Rarity asks.

"Princess Twilight, Starswirl, Starlight, Sunburst, and I will stay to find a good spell to stop that shadow, and see if there's any other places the Pony of Shadows may hide," Sun explains.

She turns to Starswirl, and says, "Even though you have a few locations figured out, you need to remember that it's been a thousand years since you were in limbo."

"Why's that?" Sonata asks.

"Sonata, remember when we returned to Equestria after a thousand years. Some of the place we've seen weren't even around anymore. Things changed in a thousand years," Adagio explains.

"So it wouldn't hurt to find new dark places for the Pony of Shadows to be in. In case, he isn't hiding in the places on the map," Human Twilight says.

"That's exactly my point," Sun says.

Somnambula looks at Sun with a surprised look.

In her thoughts, Somnambula says, "She reminds me so much of my little filly."

Somnambula becomes sad and lowers her head. At that time, Starswirl and Starlight are starting to notice Somnambula's
sadness. Starlight turns, and notice Sun has her head turn away from Somnambula. She can tell something is up with those two.

Just then, Rainbow shouts, "What are we waiting for?!"

"I like your spirit!" Flash says, flying up to her.

Everyone begin to chatter and talk among themselves. Princess Twilight becomes sad with her ears folded, and walk away. No one seems to notice is, all except Starlight and Sun.

In the library, Princess Twilight is trying to find a spell to banish the Pony of Shadows. Spike is inside the library too, trying to help Princess Twilight out. Spike is on a ladder next to the higher part of the bookshelf.

Spike holds out a book, and asks, "What about this one?"

Princess Twilight levitates the book to her, but sadly says, "Seapony etiquette isn't going to help right now, Spike."

Princess Twilight puts the book down, and uses her magic to lift the parchment paper. The door opens due to light blue magic, and Starlight along with Sun walk into the room.

"Uh, Twilight? Are you okay?" Starlight cautiously asks in concern.

"Yeah. You don't look so good," Sun says.

"I just unleashed ultimate evil and doomed Equestria because I was obsessed with meeting my idol! Why wouldn't I be okay?!" Princess Twilight answers in a panic. Then has her face face down on the table.

Starlight scoffs it, and says, "You didn't know that was gonna happen."

"But I should have listened to you and left things alone. Now the Elements of Harmony will be lost to fix my mistake!"
Princess Twilight worriedly says.

"About that, are you sure there isn't another way to solve this?" Sun questions.

"If there is, Twilight will find it," Spike says, carrying a stack of books.

Princess Twilight then notices a book with a gold design. She levitates it from the stack, and Spike manages to keep his balance with the books.

Princess Twilight turns the pages, as she reads, Portal gate... Portal keys... Portal spells…

Princess Twilight happily shouts, "Yes! If the Pillars can hold open the gateway to limbo, a powerful pony can do the banishing spell herself! Do you know what this means?"

Spike tiredly pants as he carries the stack of books, and put them down on the ground.

He rubs his back as he tiredly says, "I can stop carrying books?"
"The Pillars don't have to leave Equestria! Even though we'll lose the Elements, we'll have the ponies that created them. And the Pony of Shadows will be banished for good!" Princess Twilight explains.

"That's great. Heh. But I was thinking of another way that maybe doesn't involve banishing at all?" Starlight nervously asks.

"I know how you feel. My friends were put in limbo during Juniper Montage's magical mirror incident. And trust me, after
hearing what the girls explained to me… I don't want anyone being trapped in an empty void," Sun replies.

"Starswirl knew what he was doing when he cast that spell. If I can make it even better, maybe he'll see that I take magic
as seriously as he does," Princess Twilight firmly says.

Confused, Sun asks, "Why are you have the need to impress him? He wasn't acting have considerate and understanding to you or the Dazzlings for that matter."

"I know how you feel about him acting towards them, but I'm sure he'll see how much they change," Princess Twilight says.

Then begins to read the book and find a way to cast the spell. Sun and Star look at each other with concern looks.

Sun then look at Twilight, and says in her thoughts, "I was afraid of this will happen after what Starlight and Princess Twilight explained to me about what happened with the Pony of Shadows. Princess Twilight is so caught up with her idol that she's not following own judgment anymore. I wish there is a way to help her see that."

Sun walks out of the room that leads to the hallway so she can clear her head and help Princess Twilight with this problem. Just then, Sun's geode and the gem on the choker begin to glow again. And with that, Sun's head begins to hurt and cause her to clutch her head and get on her knees. Just then, Sun's eyes begin to glow white and sees another vision.
Sun sees a black space, and nothing seems to be around. Just then, she begins to hear someone or something crying. The crying is the same as who she's been hearing. Just then, Sun sees that someone more like somepony is here. She sees a young unicorn, a stallion by the look of it. The unicorn is gray color with short cornflower blue and arctic color blue mane and tail, and bright azure color eyes. He is wearing a small brown cloak on it, so his cutie mark can't be seen. The pony looks down with sadness.

Then, the pony mutters, "Help me."

Soon enough, Sun regains herself, and her eyes are back to normal. She is completely stunned to see the vision, and the pony she has seen. She wonders if that pony is connected to the Pony of Shadows, and the Pillars.

"S-s-stygian?" Sun mumbles to herself.

At the streets of Manehattan, the main five, Sun's friends, along with the other pillars are looking around the city. The pillars are rather surprised to see the world they know have changed the past thousand years.

"It seems the dark places Star Swirl indicated on the map have changed," Rockhoof says.

"I bet the Pony of Shadows would've loved the Ghastly Caverns before a thousand years of erosion turned it into the
Ghastly Gorge," Applejack replies.

Fluttershy and Rarity along with Human Twilight.

Fluttershy says, "The Appeloosian Wastes sure sounded dark and desolate."

"Who knew they would become such a popular square dancing destination?" Rarity questions.

"And I get how this part of Equestria used to be cast in eternal night where the Pony of Shadows could draw power and wreak havoc while ponies were powerless to stop him. But…" Pinkie says.

"...it's kinda made a comeback! Did I mention it's really bright?!" Pinkie's voice echoes.

Everyone look to see that Pinkie is on the three screens that is on a building. And it's very bright. Pony Falling Star looks at the map and crosses it off.

Adagio sighs, "This is the last location and so far we have no leads on the Pony of Shadows."

"Your friend is right when she said that the Pony of Shadows might be looking for a new place to hide," Mistmane says.

"And with how much Equestria change it will be hard for the Pony of Shadows to regain power, but will be hard for us to find him," Aria replies.

Human Falling Star says, "Let's head back to the castle and tell the others."

Back at the castle in the throne room, Starswirl is trying to figure out the spell to banish the Pony of Shadows, and find out any more hiding places the shadow can be. He decides to keep in mind of Sun's statement. He looks to see Somnambula is sitting on one of the thrones with a depressed looks on her face. Starswirl decides to ask Somnambula what is on her mind.

Starswirl asks, "Somnambula, is there something bothering you? I've noticed you've been rather quiet lately."

"Oh, it's nothing. I was just deep in thought about a few things," Somnambula answers.

"Does this have anything to do with Sun? I've noticed you've been acting strange since you saw her," Starswirl questions.

Somnambula shows a sad smile, "I wouldn't be surprised you've notice my behavior, but it's nothing to serious. It's just…"

Somnambula stops speaking and turns away. Starswirl becomes a bit confused, and concern for Somnambula.

Somnambula admits, "Sun is the spinning image of my own daughter, Sun Goddess. I guess I still miss her and Hisan after
I decided to leave. Seeing Sun and her personality… it almost feels like my own daughter is standing by me."

Starswirl is rather surprised to hear it. Then again, he remember Somnambula saying to him about having a daughter, and how she leaves them to help stop evil.

"But still… If I hadn't decide to come, then I wouldn't met all of you. And who knows what would have happen if we let the Pony of Shadows run free," Somnambula says, but still feels sad.

Starswirl can see the sadness in Somnambula's eyes, and know how hard it is to move on something that has happened over a thousand long years.

The doors open, and Sun's friends, the main five, and the other pillars comes back in. From the other door, Sun walks into the room who is still holding her head.

"Hey guys, so how did it go?" Sun asks.

Human Twilight sighs, and says, "Our search didn't go so well."

"We looked at all the placed, and the Pony of Shadows isn't in any of those spots," Pony Falling Star says.

Starswirl looks at the map to see all the location are marked with an x. He then makes the dark holes disappears from the map.

Starswirl says, "It really does seem there are fewer dark corners in the realm these days."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Rainbow questions.

"True. The Pony of Shadows will have a hard time regaining power. When he rears his head, we'll be ready!" Flash says.

Fluttershy comes to Meadowbrook, and asks, "Isn't there some way to banish him without losing all of you?"

"Oh, I wish there were. But to save our home, we are willin' to leave it," Meadowbrook.

Human Twilight sighs, "It just… doesn't seem fair to all of you. You all were forced to leave everyone you all loved to saved them. I do admit, that does show a strong sacrifice."

"But still, there has to be another way to stop the Pony of Shadows without you guys leaving," Pony Falling Star says.

Just then, Princess Twilight comes into the room with a smile on her face, and says, "I don't think you'll have to!

Princess Twilight walks on the table and put the parchment on the table as she says, "My spell isn't finished yet, but I think we can send the Pony of Shadows to limbo without all of you having to go as well!"

"While I appreciate your enthusiasm, Twilight, this is hardly the time to take risks on half-baked spells," Starswirl denies.

Princess sadly sighs feeling a bit depressed. Sun glares at Starswirl and clutches her fist in anger, but tries her best not to show it. The Dazzlings, Human Twilight, Human Falling Star, Pony Falling Star, and Starlight not very very pleased with Starswirl instead.

But then, Applejack speaks up, "Beggin' your pardon, Mr. the Bearded! But Twilight doesn't do anythin' halfway!"

"Especially not magic!" Pinkie adds.

"Seriously! She got her wings by finishing one of your spells!" Rainbow adds.

"I think you'll find her work is worth reading before you dismiss it out of hoof!" Rarity says.

Then Sun firmly says, "She's right, you should give Princess Twilight a chance before you give out your opinion about her work."

"I agree," Adagio replies.

The others nod their heads, and stand by Princess Twilight's side. Even Starlight is with them. Princess Twilight smiles to see that she has her friends support.

Meadowbrook looks at the spell, and says. "While it is an unconventional approach, I believe it could work."

Starswirl look at the spell himself, and says, "Hmm. I suppose there is a chance.

"But we still have no idea where to find the villain," Sunburst replies.

Aria sighs, "You're right, we still have no idea where he is."

"It will be like looking for a needle in a haystack," Sonata replies.

"We're never going to find him if we have no idea where to look," Human Falling Star says.

Just then, Princess Twilight and the girls flanks begin to glow, even Pony Falling Star and Starlight's cutie mark is glowing. Soon Sun, Human Twilight, Human Falling Star and The Dazzlings begin to admit magical auras around their bodies, and pony up.

Soon, all their emblems/ cutie marks begin to swirl around the room. And then All the marsk circle around Sun and Princess Twilight's cutie mark hovers over a location that has a dark rock formation.

"Maybe we should try there?" Spike questions looking at the map.

Author's Note:

Tension continues to rise a little, but now are going into the right direction to find the Power of Shadows. But what are the visions that Sun is seeing?