• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 846 Views, 16 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventures: Shadow Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends end up covering one of the biggies mysteries in Equestrian History.

  • ...
 16
 846

Chapter 3: Princess Twilight's Investigation

In Princess Twilight's castle, Sun who is in her human body now, and the others have manage to get to their location with no time at all. However, other than discovering the girls are not around, but…

"This place is a mess," Aria replies.

Indeed, the castle throne room is an absolute mess. There are books, dioramas, paper, and all kinds of stuff that spells Princess Twilight Sparkle all over it.

"Is this what my room and lab end up while doing research?" Twilight asks.

"Yep," Sonata replies.

Adagio looks around, and suggests, "Maybe there's something in this mess that can explain what Princess Twilight and the girls are doing."

"I agree. Adagio, you, your sisters, Spike, and Nina can look around here. Meanwhile, Twilight, and uh…" Sun says, but stops.

She looks at the two different Falling Stars and questions. "Um, how exactly am I going to, uh, you know?"

But Human Falling Star has the answer, "I know, how about you guys can call me by the nickname Pinkie game me. Starry."

"That's a good idea. Either way, uh Starry… you, Twilight, Falling Star, and I will look in the library for any clues. Call out if you find anything," Sun says.

"Right," The girls reply.

In the throne room, The Dazzlings and the two pets look around the lab, and can see how much a mess it it.

"Boy, and I thought Twilight can be messy," Spike replies.

"Well, Princess Twilight and your Twilight are kind of the same being, so they had to have similar personalities and appearances," Nina says.

"That's true… I wonder why Princess Twilight doesn't wear glasses?" Spike questions.

"Maybe you can ask Princess Twilight when she comes back," Nina replies.

Spike nods her head. Then they continue to look around.

Adagio and her sisters are looking around the books and papers to find a clue to what Princess Twilight and the others are doing.

Adagio asks, "Were you able to find anything?"

"No," Aria answers.

"Nothing here," Sonata replies.

Spike and Nina shake their heads in reply.

"Well, we better continue searching for a clue," Adagio says.

In the library, Sun, Twilight, and the two Falling Stars are still searching for answers in the library. Sun and the others are trying to be careful with the search, because they don't want to misplace anything. And so Princess Twilight won't get upset with them when she comes back from wherever she is.

As Sun looks around, she starts to feel a strange sharp pain in her head. It causes her to clutch her head with her hands. Then Sun's geode necklace and the choker begin to glow together. She realizes that other memory has picked in. For some reason she is also beginning to cry.

Sun's eyes becomes white as she is seeing the memory. She finds the memory is in a dark room where there are pillars around the area. At the end of the hall, there is a strange statue that looks like the pony of shadows. Then she hears someone crying, but that part is unclear. Soon her eyes return to normal, and her eyes are watery.

"Sun… Sun… is there something wrong?" Falling Star asks.

Sun turns to see the pony Falling Star, and The human Falling Star, and Twilight are looking at Sun in concern.

Sun whips the tears from her eyes, and says, "Sorry girls, I...I just end up with a vision of someone's memories again, but…
this time I'm starting to feel sad, and feel like crying."

"What did you see?" Twilight asks.

"Well, I'm… not entirely sure. All I end up seeing was a strange temple of some kind underground. Then I see a strange statue on the wall that looks like the Pony of Shadows. After that, I hear somepony crying. I don't know who, but who ever it is, that pony sounds very sad. I wish I knew what is going on," Sun explains.

Starry comes over, and says, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure it out. And the rest of us can help you."

"Thanks," Sun replies.

"Well, I think we should call it a break," Twilight says.

Sun signs and wipes the tears from her eyes.

Twilight comes over, and happily announces, "Because I found something!"

In the throne room, Sun and the others meet to hear what Twilight has found. After going through it with Sun and Falling Star, they are able to know what is going on.

"I can't believe all the researching Princess Twilight did, and was able to discovered what has happened," Falling Star says.

Starry raises her hand, and asks, "What exactly did Starswirl and the other pillars do?"

"Well, according to Princess Twilight's notes and from my visions, Starswirl and the other pillars managed to send the Pony of Shadows to limbo," Sun explains.

"They did what now?" Aria questions, looking confused.

"Limbo. It's that same place that some of your guys end up after the incident with Juniper," Sun answers.

Adagio groan as she puts her hand on her face, "Don't remind me."

"Yeah. Being in Limbo is the worst," Sonata says.

"I agree," Starry replies.

Then Sun explains, "Starswirl thought that the only way to trap the Pony of Shadows in Limbo was for he and the other pillars to take them there."

"Hold on, backup… are you saying that Starswirl and the others legends were, inside limbo for over a thousand years?" Aria asks looking confused.

"It seems that way, and… I think Princess Twilight actually knows of a way to get them out of there," Falling Star adds.

"She does?" Nina questions.

"Seem so," Twilight replies.

Sun starts to think about it, "I don't know. I know that releasing Starswirl and the other pillars is very important. But Starswirl's spell is very old, and we don't really know how it works."

"What's the worse that can happen?" Spike asks.

"Well, for one, if they let the pillars out, they could go through all kinds of problem. Like their physical appearance could
have changed, or they could have some damages as well. I'm also worried that something might end up happening if
Princess Twilight tries," Sun explains.

"But Starswirl and the others were in there for over a thousand years, and might have gone through some chances," Adagio replies.

Then Twilight says, "That's the thing about limbo. It isn't one place or another, it's in between. If they pull them out, it will be like they never left."

"Sounds like they would be the same age before they send that shadow monster away," Sonata replies.

Then Spike questions, "But we still don't know where they are? Even though we found notes about what's been going on.
There still isn't anything that can tell us where they gone off too."

"Actually, I think I have a pretty good idea where they going, and hopefully Princess Twilight knows what she's getting herself into," Sun says.

At the temple of Ponhendge, Princess Twilight Sunburst, and Starlight are getting the place clean up the rock formations so it will be ready to release Starswirl and the other pillars.

"I can't believe I'm gonna meet Star Swirl the Bearded! You know, outside of my dreams," Twilight says to Sunburst, and the book on the well in the middle.

"I can't believe you're actually going through with it," Starlight firmly says, getting one of the vines off the rock formation.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asks.

After pulling off and getting rid of the vine, Starlight explains, "I'm all for pushing the envelope, obviously, but this is pretty out there for you, Twilight,"

"What's "out there" about saving the most legendary ponies of all time from a thousands-year-old prison?" Sunburst questions.

"Well... nothing when you say it like that. Unless "the most legendary ponies of all time" knew what they were doing, and we shouldn't mess with it," Starlight says, trying her best to explains.

"I'm sure Star Swirl and the Pillars did the best they could back then, but magic has come a long way. Mostly because of the work they did," Sunburst says.

"That's true. And you did get your wings from finishing one of Star Swirl's spells," Starlight replies.

"Exactly," Twilight says, looking at her wings.

Then Starlight says in concern, "But then I messed with one and nearly destroyed the universe, so…"

Twilight puts the book down, and walks to Starlight as she says, "Starlight, Star Swirl the Bearded is the greatest wizard who ever lived. The chance to have him back in Equestria is worth the risk."

"That's good news," Spike the dragon's voice comes out.

The others turn to see Rainbow Dash with Spike on her back, and she is holding a rusty old shield.

"Otherwise, we'd have brought this shield for nothing," Rainbow says, putting the shield on the base of one of the rock formation.

"I hope you don't think you're the only one to find her artifact… "Applejack's voice comes up.

The others turn to see Applejack with the old shove.

"... Because this here shovel says otherwise," Applejack adds putting the shovel at the base of one of the rock formations.

Rarity walks to the scene with her flower and says, "Honestly, you two. Not everything is a competition."

"But Mistmane's flower is by far the most attractive of the artifacts," Rarity adds, putting the flower on the other base of the rock.

"You're just saying that because you didn't have to scuba dive in a pit of green slime to get yours!" Pinkie loudly says,
putting the blindfold covered in slime at the rock.

"Or move a flash beehive," Fluttershy says, wearing the mask.

Then puts it at the different rock formation like the others have.

"Good work, everyone," Twilight says.

Princess Twilight then places the book at the base of the final rock formation.

She turns to the others, and says, "Let's do this!"

Sunburst begins to use his magic to cast a spell. Starlight gorans about it, and decides to follow. Then Princess Twilight uses her magic to cast the spell. Just when, the white stream of magic begin to connect with the six artifact, then lift into the air. Everypony are excited to see the legendary heroes about to be saved, but Starlight is still worried on what could happen if they do.

Sun and her friends are able to reach the forest that circles around Foal Mountain. Luckily, they have a map that can lead them to the Temple of Ponhendge. It has been a long walk, and the girls along with the pets are starting to get a little tired.

"Sun, can we take a break? My feet is starting to get sore," Sonata whines.

Sun turns around, and says, "Sure. We're close to where the temple is, so we can take a little break."

The girls sigh in relief and sit down on the ground. Then the girls take some food and drinks from their bags.

"That was the longest I had to walk," Twilight says feeling tired.

"Geeze Twilight, you're not very good with distances," Aria says.

"I'm not an athlete," Twilight replies.

"And either am I," Falling Star adds.

"Me too. My feet are killing me," Sonata replies.

Sun looks at the map, and says, "According to the map, the temple shouldn't be too far now. It will only take another few minutes and then we're there."

"That's a relief. I don't know if I can take much of this moving around and stuff," Aria replies.

"Well, we can only hope that Princess Twilight and the others are still around, haven't left yet," Adagio replies.

Just then, a bright white light appears over the trees and shines across the forest. The girls gasp to see the light, and to see it disappears in an instant.

Pony Falling Star says, "I think we just found our answer."

"Let's go," Sun says.

The girls grab their things and quickly run towards the source of the light. They hope that they can find Princess Twilight and the others to see what they are doing.

At the temple of Ponhendge, Princess Twilight, the girls, Spike, Starlight, and Sunburst has just seen that the pillars are free from their imprisonment. As they fall on the ground, the rocks begin to fall along with them. They save the pillars before the rocks manage to crush them. Starswirl lands on the rock base of the rock formation.

He begins to get up with a tired look, and asks, "What... What has happened?"

Twilight becomes giddy as she shouts, "It worked! We brought you back!"

"To where?" Starswirl questions, as he begins to get up, and has his hoof holding his head..

Twilight happily explains, "You and the others have been trapped in limbo for over a thousand years, but I figured out how to get you ho…"

Hering this Starswirl becomes shocked, and exclaims, "What?! No, no, no, no! You must undo what you've done!"

"What? Why? I mean, I don't think I can," Princess Twilight asks, looking worried and confused.

"You cannot bring us back!" Starswirl shouts looking upset.

"But I did. I brought all the Pillars back," Princess Twilight says.

"You cannot bring only the Pillars back," Starswirl explains looking very worried about something.

Before Starswirl or Princess Twilight can say a world, thunder clashes out of nowhere, and dark clouds begin to form. Everypony begin to run out of the way, and some are getting scared. Just then, a dark orb begin to form in the middle of the temple. It ends up growing ginormous.

Still running through the forest, Sun and the others are heading towards to where the light has come from. When they reach the outskirt of the forest, they can see Princess Twilight and the others.

"There they are," Pony Falling Star says.

"Looks like we found them," Twilight adds.

Sun sees something wrong, and stops in her tracks. Twilight and the others stop too.

Spike the dog asks, "Sun, what's wrong?"

"Look!" Sun shouting, pointing to what she is seeing.

The girls look to where the temple is, and gasp in shock to see the giant ball of black ooze appear out of nowhere in the middle of the temple. Suddenly, maniacal laughter surrounds the area, and long pony legs appear from the orb. Then the orb spreads large wings, and a pony looking figure forms from the orb as it evilly laughing a loud voice. Everyone is stunned to see the Pony of Shadow has appeared and is free from his imprisonment.

Princess Twilight shockley exclaims, "Oh no!"

Author's Note:

The Pony of shadows is free, and it looks like the girls are getting themselves in a real jam.