• Published 3rd Aug 2012
  • 4,160 Views, 121 Comments

Infamous: New Beginnings - Art Inspired



Cole McGrath wakes up to find himself in the universe of Equestria, world of the ponies!

  • ...
8
 121
 4,160

good

Sasha's Return - Second Choice - Good

Cole shielded his eyes as he repaired for the onslaught of hooved. One by one, the rock hard legs kicked and slammed his head and body. The pain was unbearable, and just when he thought he couldn’t take much more, it ended, and the lowering sounds of galloping ponies disappeared behind his ears. Burned, bruised and beat, Cole laid there, dripping blood leaked from his head. Cuts and one big gash scarred his frame, and as he reached his hoof out for assistance, reapers encircled the dazed pony. The guns pointed themselves at his head, and just when he thought his death was imminent, they all fell to the ground. One conduit lay on top of Cole, but was quickly removed by an aura of magic. Her highness, princess Celestia had used a sleeping spell on the enemies. Every last reaped in this area was slumbering peacefully. Cole looked up to see her striding over, a huge grin spread across her face. Her horn lowered and slightly touched Cole’s mangled head. As she did, Cole heard her say, “Sleep… you’ve earned this. I’m so proud of you, Cole.”


Waking up in the royal infirmary, the healing stallion looked around, his vision extremely hazed. All he could do was to think, heal… HEAL DAMNIT! Just like that, spectrum luminosity swirled around Cole’s body and instantly mended his wounds. His head lifted and smiled. Magic was just like electricity in this world. He didn’t need a generator, or a light bulb to heal. All he needed was to concentrate on the enchanted air, and in no time at all, he’d heal. Cole looked at his chest. The slash that was once plainly seen on his chest was covered by bandaged. His hoof lifted to his head and felt the binds that stopped the blood from spewing out. Removing them, he inspected his body. Every single cut; every slight bruise was gone, like magic. He laughed at this, more than he had in a good while. Suddenly, his room door opened, and a flood of ponies came in. Cole recognized them as the ones who trampled him in the streets. They all circled the stallion, all with apologetic faces. Celestia was the last one to enter, and once she saw Cole fully healed, she gave a sigh of relief.

“I guess the magic of this world did this to you. That, or my nurses and doctors are miracle workers.”

All the ponies gave Cole their thanks for not hurting them, something Celestia knew he could’ve done, but instead, took an embarrassingly horrid defeat. She apparently explained this to each one, and asked them to visit Cole while he was recovering. The conduit smirked and asked “you’re all a lot kinder than in my world, but then, I guess this is to be expected… has Celestia explained what’s going on at all?”

Her highness spoke up by explaining, “While you were asleep, healing, I took a long, and overly time consuming interview with one of the equestrian reporters. They’ve published this at the front page explaining everything that’s occurring right now.”

Cole thought these were all the visitors, but as they all left after an hour of getting to know some of them, the stallion saw nix enter. Celestia almost got pushed to the side by her. She looked down at Cole with worried eyes and asked, “Are you okay, babe?”

Cole sat up and got to his hooves. He smirked her way and uttered, “fine… just fine. I’ll be ready to get back to work anytime you’re ready.”

Her highness cleared her throat before speaking. “Actually, there’s a development in the town you two were at not too long ago. One conduit emerged, but she’s extremely powerful. I’ll be sending both of you her way to deal with her immediately. Bring her back unharmed, and I’ll take care of things from there.” Cole pondered what this conduit was like and asked for some sort of description. “She’s got a jet black mane, and her lower legs are coated in mind controlling goo… I don’t know her name, but she’s terrorizing Manehatten. Go there, and stop her tyranny with haste.” Cole knew this had to be Sasha, and left to confront her.

As Cole left, he thanked Celestia for saving him back there. He was rarely rescued, usually things were the other way around, so for this to happen was a really awesome development in his opinion. Entering the bus, nix and Cole discussed the good old days of when they were in New Marais. Cole wondered if quo was somewhere in Equestria, and if she was, then things would be able to turn out better, for everyone. He gave nix her Bluetooth and told her to call him anytime she needed his help. They’d reach Manehatten in less than two hours, and would need to use precision to defeat this conduit, while protecting some of the other ponies that would most likely be in danger, but f things were anything like last time, she’d probably be in the sewers, so nopony would probably be harmed during their battle.

Comments ( 10 )

1419598 Nope, just hard working is all.

An infamous story?
...Ah crud.
I would like to check it out, but i never look at stories that have multiple chapters under 1000 words, and of course you've made the mistake of trying to compensate for good and evil choices, because that makes it so characters dont really give a toss about Cole's decisions. he could sap the energy from a hospital and nearly kill tons of patients in critical status during one of the choice segments, and later no one would give two s:facehoof:ts. I guess it would be somewhat okay if you were looking for a real die hard infamous story, but the way i look at it if i wanted to check out infamous, i would play bloody infamous!

1704639 Don't judge a book by it's cover or word count. But whatever.:twilightsmile:

1704656 Dude, if you skimp on the word count, the pacing gets Molestia'ed, and you have more cliff hangers then if you watched half an episode of MLP, and then went to the next episode.

1704699 Actually, maybe if you read it, you'd see I gave the reader a chance to make choices, putting them in the same type of feeling one would get if they played the game. Each chapter is, in fact, over 1000 words long + the choice chapters. You should give this a chance, but hey, you can;t please everyone. Right?

Only really frequent grammar problems I can see is you not capitalizing names, like Nix.

I love infamous, and it's a shame that Cole died.
I also hate that right after Cole died, i played Prototype 2...
I was not happy with that...

Login or register to comment