• Published 3rd Aug 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 121 Comments

Infamous: New Beginnings - Art Inspired



Cole McGrath wakes up to find himself in the universe of Equestria, world of the ponies!

  • ...
8
 121
 4,155

energy- first choice

Energy


Cole and princess Celestia arrived at the Canterlot city and Cole realized he wasn’t on the grid, so why was he not drained yet?

“Uh… Princess.” He began to ask. “Look, I noticed there are no electric currents like light poles in this city... In order to survive, I need electricity… So, why do I feel like I’m still healthy?”

Princess Celestia put her hoof to her lip to think. “Well… It could be all the magic in this world.”

Cole stared at the mare with eyes that said Do you really expect me to believe that crap?

Princess Celestia explained in a better tone of voice. “Magic flows freely in this world. Unicorns absorb magic and use it with their horns. You could be absorbing the same magic and converting it into electricity! That would make the most sense.”

Cole wasn’t one to believe in something like magic, but then again, if he has a permanent grid, things become easier. A constant flow of energy is something that could really be used to his advantage. As they reached the palace gates, princess Celestia told Cole to follow her to the dungeon so he could see his friend.

“It is tragic.” Princess Celestia said as she led the way. “Your world’s science is its magic, and our magic is our science. The thought of you and your friends coming here frightens me. If their anything like Nix, this will be horrible.”

Cole assured the princess that some conduits were bad, and some were good. The two reached the Nix's cell. It was protected by a force field of pink and purple light surrounding all corners of all the walls. Nix looked way different than her normal human state. She had dreadlocks and a red coat. Black freckles could be seen on her cheeks and her eyes were the same color, but still unforgiving. When Nix saw Cole, she ran up the shield of magic aura saying “Cole, baby! What in the world are you doing here? Last I saw you, we were fighting the beast… Wait, and did we get him? Tell me we whooped his ass. If he’s still alive I will destroy him.”

Cole could tell Nix was still upset about the whole ordeal and told her to relax. “I understand he killed your… uh… babies… but, seriously, he’s dead. I’m confident in that. Now then, how did you survive?”

Nix smiled and told her story. “I was sitting on a skyscraper about three blocks down from the beast. My body was scorched and I was dying… But then, I saw a bright light burst out of nowhere… After that… I awoke in this city alley way… I uh, kinda lost my temper when I saw what I looked like. I rampaged through the town for a bit and got arrested shortly after. So, here I am.”

Cole turned to the princess to ask if there were any casualties.

“Only a few hurt ponies with burns, but no deaths, thank goodness.”

Cole looked at Nix with an angry look planted in his face. “What were you thinking?” He said. “Hurting others… I thought you had changed.”

Nix giggled and said “Oh, please. These ponies mean nothing, just like the people back home! You think because I took down the beast with your ass that means I turned over a new leaf? Hell no! I did that because he killed my babies, not for the people; couldn’t care less about those bitches!”

Cole rolled his eyes as a unicorn guard came around the corner asking for the princess's help. The princess left, leaving Cole here alone with Nix. He looked at the red pony and said “This is beyond messed up. If you want to live in this world, you’re going to have to cooperate. There are unicorn out there that have just as much power as we do. You already set a bad name for conduits. More of our kind is showing up around this world and we need to make it clear to the princess that we aren’t a threat!”

Nix, still in her pool of self-arrogance, said “Why don’t… You break me out! We can start an army, you and me.”

Cole interjected by saying “Or, I can ask the princess to let you free, which I think she will; so long as you promise to never hurt another pony again.”

Nix sat and looked at her hoofs. “I’ll let you decide.”


Cole pondered his choices.

(On one hand, I can talk to the princess and try to convince her to let Nix go…)

(Or I could just let her go and say she broke out, and then does as she says and form an army…)