• Published 10th Oct 2018
  • 469 Views, 77 Comments

Just Rumble - Bronycommander



Medici, an island near the west coast of Italy. Officially a republic, however in reality a dictatorship. Can a private protect a lost colt and decide which side he fights for?

  • ...
 77
 469

Chapter 9 Fun

Chapter 9: Fun

Rumble stirred in his sleep and woke up. It was sunny outside, no clouds.

He decided to watch TV. Rosa was giving a speech. “Fortify your hearts with courage! Medici will be ours again, if we fight for her!”

He heard a yawn. “Good morning, Mommy!” He greeted as his mother walked in.

“Morning, sweetheart.”

Marco joined them for breakfast.

“What are we going today?” Rumble asked excitedly.

“Why we don’t go outside and enjoy the day?” the soldier suggested.

“Good idea, daddy!” the colt exclaimed, jumping up and down.

Without the oppression, the town was much more alive. The people greeted each other with smiles, talked happy with each other and enjoyed the day. Every rebel greeted Luca and Marco friendly. They returned it.

“Amico!” The siblings exclaimed.

“Guys!” The Pegasus exclaimed happily.

“What about some ice cream? I know a good ice cream parlor not far from here.”

“With pleasure, Luca!” the kids said together. The propaganda van in Rebellion colors drove by. He played music instead of speeches.

They enjoyed their chocolate ice cream, while the adults had strawberry.

A street band played music. After the ice cream, the kids danced to it.

Luca noticed a car, a Stria Cucciola that stopped in the middle of the road. “What in the? Great. Out of gas.” The driver complained after he checked the tank. “Can you help me? Tow my car no the next gas station?”

“No problem, citizen,” Marco replied and towed the car with his SUV to the next gas station.

The radio turned on.

“Hello! Were you a big fan of Majestic Falco Maxime? The General was too, but the march of progress cannot be stopped. Everything is absolutely fabulous. It’s not that every single major Military Base has been wiped off the map and that this regime is a goat hair away from complete and utter collapse. No! Super! Fantastic! Stupendous! It’s wonderful! I love it here! Aha-huh-hah… I will stuck in here for the rest of my life. Vive- no! NO! Vive me! VIVE ME! ME ME ME!”

“This guy has lost it. Can’t blame him.” Marco talked to himself as his brother got in.

“Hey Fratre, family good?” His brother gave him a smile.

“Of course, Giovanni.”

“May I suggest that we show the children the base? Should be interesting for them?”

“I’m sure they will have fun.”

Of course, they couldn’t refuse. First stop was Guardia Libeccio I. It was small but the ships, no matter if small or big, were amazing for them.

“The large ship is a Corvette. It is armed with a 76 mm cannon. At a top speed of 40 knots, it can keep pace with any strike force.” Marco explained pointing to the large ship

“This small boat is a Custode 29, a Patrol boat. Topflight handling, superior pursuit speed and a bow-mounted machine gun make it the perfect perimeter patrol unit.” Luca explained as he pointed to the small boat.

The children took notice of a ship that was bigger than the Custode but smaller than the Corvette. “This is the CS Powerrun 77. With first response speed, tight maneuverability and dual machine gun mounts, is the enforcer unit of the high seas.”

“Interesting Daddy. And what is that?” Rumble pointed to a boat with ramp.

“An Urga Hroch. Designed with an armored front ramp for immediate beachhead deployment, the Urga Hroch is an essential tool when conducting island warfare. Our next stop will be the best.”

On the way to it, they saw Alice as she assisted a civilian is distress on the side of the road. She still waved at them smiling.

The best was Falco Maxime: Centcom. Rumble read a sign. “Checkpoint - Prepare documents for identification.”

I got it Rumble.”

“Glory to Medici, papers please.” The rebel at the checkpoint said. He let them through.

The Children’s eyes went wide. “Wow! Amazing!”

“Indeed.” Luca chuckled.

The soldiers showed them the base and explained every vehicle.

“The parked plane is a U-7 Dravec, the bomber of the Military, armed with bombs and missiles,” Giovanni explained before pointed to a jet that was about to take off.

“This is the CS7 Thunderhawk, the main jet fighter. When it comes to aerial firefights, few top the CS7 Thunderhawk, featuring the M98 machine gun, M62 Mako repeating missiles and M-78 Kauga heat-seekers.”

“Is that a CS Comet?” Francesco pointed to a landing helicopter.

“Yes. The CS Comet's highly armored chassis allows it to take risks when delivering reinforcements to the front lines. It is armored but not armed. The armed variant would be the Urga Hrom D. he Urga Hrom D is pure mayhem with a rotor on top. With the Janus-88M-Minigun and 95 Volcanus missile pre-loaded, it can make whole bases disappear in seconds.” Luca explained as one of them took off.

“What’s this?” Greta asked, pointing to a parked helicopter, looking like a Huey.

“The Urga Postolka, Greta. This light assault helicopter is equally equipped to handle patrol detail, base sieges, or air-to-air firefights. It comes equipped with the Janus-45S minigun. The main attack helicopter is the CS Navajo. Capstone's assault chopper combines speed, power, and versatility, offering two missile types: the rapid-strike 64 Volcanus and the punishing 99 Vindicator.” Marco explained as one of them landed on a helipad.

“But if you want fire power and protection, the Urga Mstitel is your best friend. Like the Imperator Bavarium Tank you have seen, it has also a Bavarium shield, making it immune to damage.” The private pointed into the sky as one of those big helicopters patrolled in the sky, blue colored like all rebel vehicles.

It is equipped with four precision rocket launchers and a heavy machine gun. Soldiers scatter when they saw one of them arriving at a skirmish. According to rumors, the general has a golden version of it.”

They saw what seemed to be an APC, parked in the base. “This is a CS Baltdjur, an amphibious armored personnel carrier. It’s marks a watershed in siege warfare, capable of delivering reinforcement by land or sea to the most hectic combat areas. Its mounted gun excels in heavy combat. But what would be an army without tanks today?” Luca asked as and a small and a middle sized tank entered the base.

“Our light tank is the Urga Bkolos 2100. Ideal for fast Siege attacks or surprising flank attacks. A 76 mm gun is standard on board. The main tank is the CS Odjur. Equipped with a 14mm machine gun and a powerful anti-vehicle cannon, the formidable Odjur is the muscle of the Medician military.” The former looked like an armored car with a cannon, the latter looked more like a real tank.

They heard a sound if a crash happened. The Imperator Bavarium Tank, looking like the Odjur but with extra shielding on the back wheels, had crashed into a jet that was about to take off. The driver and the pilot got out and argued upset.

“I take care of that.” Giovanni walked over to them.

Rumble had an idea. He started a snowball fight with his two friends against their parents. The kids won despite outnumbered.

“Hey look! A Soap Box Car! Can I try daddy and mommy?”

“Si, but be careful.”

“Of course, padre!” Marco put his beret on the colt’s head who giggled. Rumble got in and Luca gave the car a push.

Up, up and away!” the young stallion had much fun as he raced down the road. At the end of it, he used the brake and got out. “That was fun!” He exclaimed happy as Marco and the others had followed him in their cars.

“Now gets get home. How about a sleepover?” Francesco asked his friend with a smile.

“You don’t have to ask me twice!” Rumble was happy at this question from Greta. He then spotted what looked like smoke nearby. "What's that?" THe colt took a look and was surprised to see a bonfire on the sand, but inside was a rifle. "Uh...okay..." He then walked back to the others.

At home, they turned on the radio and danced. Marco and his wife watched them happy. They loved every minute with Rumble. “We should enjoy every minute,” Marco said as the kids were asleep.

“Si, my dear husband. I love you.”

“I love you too.” They kissed and went to bed.

Author's Note:

Nothing can ruin it, can it?