• Published 14th Oct 2018
  • 471 Views, 4 Comments

Destiny: The Seventh Element - Draconic_Griffin



This is a Destiny/MLP Fic. This story is after the Guardians have defeated Gauhl and returned the Traveler to it's earlier state, free from the hold of the Cabal.

  • ...
 4
 471

Overwhelmed

Guardian POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Guardian! You’re coming up on heavy fallen reinforcements, be careful!” I heard Zavala’s voice echo through my comms. “They have taken the location from the Red Legion and are currently setting up an outpost for a defensive position. We decoded some of their transmissions and they are arming it up for a frontal assault on all hostiles, us included. We can’t handle that firepower until the Red Legion is taken care of. We need you to sneak past so we can save the traveler, then we’ll take care of the Fallen and become the Guardians we once were. I’m counting on you!

“Will do Zavala, you can count on us! We will not let you down.” My ghost replied for me as he flew next to me. We were just rising over the ridge of a mountain when I shrunk down so as to not be seen. Looking over the ridge my ghost let out a soft sigh. “We won’t be getting past that easily, without being seen much less.” In front of us was an army, Fallen Captains littered the open ground flanked by their Zealots. Pike patrols raced around the field watching the perimeter so as to not get surprised by a flanking assault force. Fallen were everywhere, Dregs lined the crumbling walls of a long abandoned house looking for anything their Vandal counterparts may overlook. “This is going to be a problem. We can’t sneak past them and I highly doubt those Servitors and Heavy Shanks are gonna let us roll over them.” We sat in silence for a moment before Zavala’s voice filled my ears.

“Guardian! What’s taking so long?! Have you been engaged?” He sounded angry at first but that quickly changed to concern. I was always his favorite of the guardians outside of his fire-team. “Guardian! Respond! What is taking you so long?!”

“We have not been engaged Zavala, but Fallen forces are heavy in numbers. There is no way we can sneak through the entire outpost and the Servitors flanked by Heavy Shanks aren’t exactly gonna let us roll over their position without putting up a heavy counter. I’m counting ten Captains flanked by five Zealots for each Captain. Pike patrols are circling the outpost so there’s no way of a surprise attack. Vandals are on every floor of the outpost and on every floor of the abandoned houses that line the sides of the outpost. The Vandals are flanked and covered by four Dregs each. Those Dregs seem to have two Wretches behind them for close engagements. I’m also counting four Queen Servitors flanked by ten regular Assault Servitors. Heavy Shanks are filling the sky, easily a dozen maybe two dozen. They are preparing for an assault though, they’re moving in their Walkers, artillery Zavala. They’re going to attack soon, maybe even by tonight.”

There was silence for a few tense moments before Cayde contacted us. “Hey you two ummm… Zavala is currently occupied with updating his vocabulary, my my, quite harsh words. These Fallen would be quite upset if they heard him right now, I know I would. Thanks for the update though you two, keep up the good work and please, be safe. I’d hate to see my favorite Guardian hurt, or worse, killed. I know you have your light and all, but I just don’t want you to take that chance, please.” Cayde always went serious when it came to another Guardians life. He never played around or joked about that stuff. “Contact us when you get past that compound and please do try to make it back with your light.”

“Thank you Cayde, we won’t let you, or Zavala down. You all can count on us, we will get through this compound and eliminate the Red Legion threat, then return quickly to decimate the Fallen.” I smiled under my helmet as I heard my ghost quote Cayde. “As a great hunter once said, It’ll be a short date.” I could tell Cayde was smiling or, what an Exo equivalent of a smile would be. “This will all be over soon and you can get back to annoying Ikora all day, everyday.”

“Thanks for that you two, I needed that, Now. Go show them what an enlightened Guardian can truly do. I believe in you, You’ll make it back to us in one piece and with more light than all Guardians combined.” He cut the transmission off leaving us to look back at the outpost.

“Are you ready Guardian? I’ll be by your side the entire way.” I nodded in confirmation as I slowly hopped over the wall and crouched behind a rock. Not seen yet, I mentally sighed and slowly risked a look over the edge. My breath hitched as I saw the forces moving forward, right towards our makeshift HQ. “Zavala! Fallen forces are marching on your position! We will hold them off for as long as we can!” I nodded and hopped over the rock pulling out The Wardcliff Coil. The first Captain never stood a chance as the projectile impacted his head instantly killing him. The forces quickly came over their surprise and fired upon me, the Servitors and Heavy Shanks were two of my main concerns. I quickly reloaded and took aim at the first Walker with one thought running through my head, ‘Kill them all, leave no survivors, must protect the city, protect the city.’ My shot came true and exploded upon impact on the leg. The walker stumbled a bit as the leg crumpled under it due to the impact, but it quickly righted itself. Seeing what my target was, the forces moved around the Walkers to keep them safe. I silently cursed and hilted the Launcher pulling out the Suros Regime. The auto rifle melted through the Wretches and Dregs pretty quickly but an energy shot impacting my shoulder made me curse myself, how could I have forgotten about the Vandals? I kept firing round after round into the forces of the Fallen. I’ll take care of the Vandals last, for now my main focus is the Walkers. I broke through the first life of Fallen only to get blasted to the side. On my right were two more Servitors, or, that’s what I thought they were. I quickly got up and retreated to a rock as the blasts impacted it instead of me. I summoned my ghost and pointed towards Zavala’s location.

“Go. I’ll hold them. Just warn about the assault.” I spoke to him, he heard me talk before and knew I wasn’t one to talk unless it was absolutely serious. His light got dimmer showing that he wasn’t in the mood to joke either and spoke in a soft tone.

“Be careful out there… Snapshot.”Not even my ghost knew my true name, hell, even I didn’t know my true name but this nickname was given to me by the Traveler, only the Traveler and my ghost knew it and could call me by it if needed. I gave a smile under my helmet and returned the gesture.

“Goodbye Little Light, my friend no, my brother.” His shell opened up then closed and a small drop of light fell from it, I knew what it was from watching the citizens from the city, and knew it to be the ghost equivalent, a tear. I could only bow my head in response, letting out a quite and despair filled moan sounding like a ghost who has lost its’ way in it’s own ethereal state. A small flash was all I needed to know that my ghost had gone to where I ordered him to go for I couldn’t feel his presence enter my mind again. Looking over the edge of my rocky cover I say the Servitor charging up another attack, the void ball rushed toward me and demolished my cover as I was forced into a defensive position retreating deeper into one of the abandoned buildings. Arc shots from the Dregs welder pistols raced past me as I turned on them with my auto rifle slicing through their bodies as if it were paper. Dreg after Dreg fell to my rifle, soon switching from the Dregs and turning to the charging Wretches, my auto rifle trained to their heads just from years of experience. After what seemed like hours my auto rifle had finally run out of ammunition, cursing myself I switched to my sub-machine gun, I ran upstairs and pulled out a small hunting knife, jabbing it into the neck of the Vandal as he crumpled to the ground in a lifeless heap. I smile a short victory as the Walker aimed right at my window, I only saw the flash of its main cannon before being blown back from the impact. I groan and slowly stood instantly knowing I had broken ribs, I grabbed my side and slowly exited the building bringing up the rocket launcher and shot towards the Walker, my victory was short lived as a lone Vandal had rushed out of his hiding spot and took the blast. All Fallen forces were alerted and I could only saw one thing before being bombarded by every arc, solar, and void blast from the Fallen. I quickly ducked behind a rock and pulled out a small piece of paper with a pen so that I could write down something, anything for whoever or whatever found me, hopefully they could understand what I was writing. My hand was shaking and trembling, blood soaked onto the paper, but you could still see what I had written. A Dreg had rushed my position and once he turned the corner he let go a squawk of surprise as he took the full amount of buckshot to the face. I could hear their footsteps and I smiled having one thought that I had said out loud. “IF I’M GOING TO DIE… I’M GOING TO DIE AS A GUARDIAN!!!” I hopped over the rock ignoring the flaring pain in my side as the buckshot obliterated the head of a Fallen Captain. The rest of the Fallen forces had become enraged at the death of one of their Captains, becoming suicidal hoping to overwhelm me. I headbutted one away and cleared the way to the Walker, with a loud cry I rushed forward and pulled out the rocket launcher, seeing what was about to happen all of the Servitors and Heavy Shanks rushed forward, but they weren’t quick enough. The Rocket hit true and exposed the reactor core of the Walker. I quickly loaded another rocket and smiled victoriously as the rocket hit the core, having an instant effect, the Walker crumpled and fell to the ground in a heap of burning scrap. Hearing the hum of another Fallen ship I looked up to see an Archon deploy right in front of me, he looked at me then the Walker. He held a hand to stop all of the Fallen forces from rushing forward and killing me. I turned to the Archon and tilted my head in confusion, the Fallen never gave up a chance of killing me.

“Guardian, you have defeated many of my Captains and many of my followers, I respect you for that, not many are able to do that but you have. You have earned the respect of the House of Kings. Come here Guardian, I will give you a warrior's’ death.” He backed up and allowed me to do whatever I needed to do, soon turning to him I spoke softly.

“I want you, Archon, to take my weapons and wield them to fight the Darkness, but do not use them on the Guardians, that is my last wish Archon, please don’t deny me this.” I placed the weapons at the ground beneath the Archon and sat on the ground tilting my head down. I waited for it and calmed my breathing. “I also want my body to be returned to the Tower, tell them that I wish to be buried under the Traveler so that I may live under it’s peaceful light so that I may stay protected by the darkness.”

The Archon knelt beside me and lifted my head. “Your dying wishes will be granted with honor and glory. We will never deny a true warrior their last wishes just by race.” He was handed by me a small device.

“This will let the Guardians know that you are friendly, there’s a hologram with my voice and body on it, it will tell them that my wish was being carried out and that if my wish was denied then the Guardians will be at the unforgiving mercy of my ethereal state. It will let them know that I wish for you to be the one to bury me Archon. Please, I want a warrior’s death and burial by none other than the one who felled me.” The Archon nodded his approval by pocketing the device and placed a clawed hand on my shoulder.

“FALLEN! TODAY WE ARE WITNESSING NOT THE DEATH OF ANOTHER GUARDIAN, ENEMY, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT WE HATE BUT THE DEATH OF A FELLOW WARRIOR! HE WILL BE SUNG FOR GENERATIONS ABOUT HOW BRAVE HE WAS IN THE FACE OF DEATH! EVEN AS AN ARCHON STOOD BETWEEN HIM AND HIS ONLY SALVATION! I HAVE BEEN GIVEN HIS FINAL WISH AND AS OUR RITES I CAN NOT DENY HIM THIS! I ALONE MUST DO THIS! TREAT HIS BODY AS YOU WOULD A FALLEN BROTHER OR SISTER! GIVE HIM A PROPER GOODBYE!” And one by one the Fallen walked by and either nodded their heads or kneeled to the powerful warrior before them. Even the Servitors that flew close would dim their lights in respect as they materialized flowers from the Fallen’s home-world as they would never die, ‘nor decay as time passed. The Fallen surrounded my body in a matter similar to the funeral, they had dropped their weapons at my feet and asked if I could bless them with my words. I was not going to deny them their wishes and did just that. As they took their weapons a few tense moments passed before I heard the Archon spoke as the House of Kings’ banner was placed around me. “You have earned our respect and will be buried as such, should we see you in the ethereal state, we will graciously welcome you into the House and you will be one of the highest respected. You are now, even more respected than the Kell warrior. I will grant all of your wishes, do not believe I would disobey your command for such simple tasks. Goodbye… Brother.” As he said that last word my vision faded to black as I heard the distinct sound of a sword swinging through the air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Person:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Tower was quiet as the Archon stepped off of the Star-ship that once belonged to the unkillable Guardian. Every gun in the tower was trained on him as he pulled out the hologram and placed it on the ground. The hologram of the Guardian lit up and expanded a bit to show the full view of the Guardian that had proved himself too strong to die on countless occasions. Lowering the weapons confused the Tower listened to the Hologram.

“My friends of the Tower, if you are hearing this then i have felled in battle. The supposed enemy that was carrying this hologram has been given this to ensure his or her safety. They are to go beneath the Traveler and dig a hole. In this hole I will be placed as my burial site. If you are hearing this then the enemy has considered me a warrior worthy of their wishes being granted. I do not want Little Light to revive me. I will already be ethereal and watching over you all. This enemy will be welcomed into the Tower to visit my grave any time it feels like it. Only this one though, no one else for my grave will be dug right beneath the Traveler so that I may protect the light in my ethereal state much like it had protected me in my mortal state. This enemy has been given my weapons, ship, and everything else I own, even my quarters in the Tower so that they may fight the Darkness with my legacy ongoing. I am sorry to everyone who thought me as unkillable, I was very much mortal like you. I let the honorable combatant take the speech. Thank you all for being here for me.” As the hologram fizzled out the Archon cleared his throat and began to speak.

“He has been accepted into the House of Kings and will be known as the greatest warrior to ever live. He has taken out a Walker on it’s way to destroy you all, equally decimating half of the assault force before giving in, alone. We Kings will not attack you Guardians as this one warrior made us think. If we fight just like him and clear our wrongs could we be gifted by the Traveler, and if not then at least we will defeat the Darkness and live in peace. He has given the Kings, even the Kell of Kings a new sight on our future, a sight of peace between the Kings and Guardians.” He extended his lower left arm while placing his right upper on his chest as a sign of respect and trust. “Do you accept not only the help and alliance we are requesting but the protection within the Cosmodrome, and any other land held by the Kings? The Lost Sectors will now be free to open the chests, just ask the Captain there, if he denies then do not pester, for the Captains still own these Sectors.” As he ended the talk no one stepped up, but one ghost floated up much to surprise of the Tower. They thought that the ghost would become enraged after seeing the enemy who had killed his Guardian. He simple projected his guardians hologram that he could control and did the same manner as the Archon. Right hand over his chest and left in a handshake. The entire Tower moved as one and put their right hand over their chest, lowered their head, and reached out with their left as if to give what light they could spare to the fallen friend. The Archon smiled and roared with a huge ferocity towards the sky shocking everyone. “THE DARKNESS HAS MADE A NEW ENEMY AND THIS ENEMY WILL FIGHT TO THEIR FULLEST IN ORDER TO FOLLOW THE WISHES OF THE GREATEST WARRIOR OF THE KINGS!!” Soon a huge roar responded from below and as the lights trained on the mass, it was the entirety of the House of Kings and even the Kell, All Servitors let loose a few bursts of void attacks at the sky near the Traveler and much to everyone's surprise a loud groan came from above and to the right, right where the Traveler was. The Traveler was glowing and so did the Archon with the Kings below. The Traveler bellowed a loud groan as it’s own burst of light attacks reached the sky. The sky of dark clouds seems to dissipate as the Void and Light arced together. The Archon and Kings became warriors of the light as the fallen Guardian was buried by the Archon turned Guardian with a last few choice words as the Tower and city went quiet. “FRIENDS! COMRADES! ENEMIES TURNED ALLIED! WE STAND HERE AT THE FALLEN GRAVE OF A MIGHTY WARRIOR! I MAY HAVE KILLED HIM BUT I DID SO ON HIS WISH! HE WISHED TO BE PUT OUT LIKE A WARRIOR AND A WARRIOR HE WENT OUT BUT HE IS NOT GONE! NO! HE LIVES ON IN ALL OF US! THE TRAVELER GRANTED US WITH LIGHT AND I THINK HE GAINED THE LIGHT FROM THE WARRIOR WE NOW STAND ABOVE! WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE LIGHT OF A FIERCE AND HONORABLE WARRIOR! THE DARKNESS MAY BE ADVANCING BUT IT WILL NOT BE READY FOR WHAT COMES NEXT! FOR THE HOUSE OF KINGS DOES NOT GO DOWN QUIETLY NO! WE KINGS AND GUARDIANS ALIKE WILL BECOME WIELDERS OF THE FIERCEST LIGHT EVER KNOWN! WE WILL PUSH THE DARKNESS BACK TO THE HELL FROM WHENCE IT CAME AND WHEN IT PUSHES BACK AT US WE WILL PUSH BACK HARDER AND HARDER UNTIL IT FINALLY UNDERSTANDS THAT WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP OUR HOLD ON LIFE!” the crowd roared in response and the Traveler pulsed with Light, all of them ready to fight everything that had taken over world, constellations, and galaxies, and even universes. Thus the fight was brought to the darkness, ready to rid their universe of the terrible curse that plagued their system. The Darkness had taken everything and now with their new warriors, they were ready to take everything back.

Author's Note:

This is my first ever story in general so I may need some help on it every now and then, but tell me if you like it so far, I will try to post weekly and if not that then I'll try to post monthly, one of the two. I'm a huge fan of both the Destiny and My Little Pony universes so creating a story of the two of them was exciting to say the least.