• Published 10th Oct 2018
  • 396 Views, 25 Comments

Team Rocket - Silver Butcher



Spike,Cheerilee, and Braeburn form a team and become minion's to Queen Chrysalis

  • ...
14
 25
 396

Team Rocket's First Mission

The Capital city of Canterlot was full of its daily hustle and bustle, the noise of ponies who called it home, and the ponies who were simply tourists filled the city, sitting at a table outside an unassuming restaurant sat Team rocket.
Chrysalis has temporarily confiscated their robot, saying she was going to try and fix a glaring problem with it and all their machines, and they were once again back with using the Balloon, upon arriving at Canterlot they had found a nice strip at the bottom of the mountain to park it. After paying for their spot and train tickets with some bits provided by Chrysalis they had instantly rushed to the cheapest place they could find to get food while waiting for Chrysalis's message, having been told to wait in Canterlot for further instructions.

The team was having a nice chat about who was and wasn't their enemy.

"...I mean, I get that she got us struck by Lightning, but I'm not sure Rainbow knew what the Weather ball did," Cheerilee said as she took a bite out of her Burrito with the aid of a fork.

"But she still sided with Twilight," Spike pointed out as he ate from the cheap Kiddie meal he had ordered.

"I think we mark her and an alley to our enemy but I don't think she's actively an enemy unless she's with Twilight,"

"Alright," Spike said, he ate one of his fries, and upon swallowing it looked to the two, "now what about Applejack?" Cheerilee looked to Braeburn who was now looking at a very interesting cloud.

"let's put her down as a maybe," Spike decided as he took another bite of his kiddie meal before they could continue the charm around Spike's neck began glowing and flickering and the trio all heard Chrysalises voice in their head.

"Don't reply to what I'm about to say if you're in a public place,"

"We're at a table talking to each other with no one listening in," Braeburn replied before taking a sip of his soda.

"Good, your mission is simple, I want you to get me a special gemstone, Direction will be relayed vial the communication charm. Braeburn and Cheerilee looked at the charm and looked at the small map, after drawing it and the gem's name on a napkin the charm went back to normal. The Trio quickly paid for their meal and headed off to do their mission.

"This is gonna be the easiest mission ever," Braeburn cheered "Not Twilight, no way we explode," The Three ran into trouble immediately after Braeburn's Cheer.

"Spike?" The Trio stopped at the voice and turned to find Rarity with multiple bags hovering around her "What a lovely surprise, what are you doing here with Braeburn and Cheerilee," Rarity gave them all a look over "Love the matching outfits, Braeburn I heard you were maybe moving into town..."

"I was rejected," Braeburn said with a shrug.

"Oh my," Rarity looked to Cheerilee and she also shrugged.

"I quit my job cause Twilight refused to let my school fuse into hers,"

"And I quit," Spike said with a shrug.

"You what!?" Rarity asked in shock "oh Spikey-wikey are you gonna be ok?"

"Oh it's fine, we all met up...coincidentally, and...started our own business headed by...um..."

"A mysterious Benefactor," Cheerilee cut in "And while it is ever so nice to see you, we're currently on a work order for a specific gem,"

"Oh a gem, I know a thing or two about gems, what kind of gem is it?" Spike and Cheerilee both looked to Braeburn who looked back.

"The Napkin," Spike said dully.

"Oh yeah," Braeburn looked at his crud map, "A Heart-shaped Clear Ruby gemstone with an upside-down Golden heart core,"

"Oh, my," Rarity said with a smile "I know that gem, it's on display at the shop across the way from my local Boutique, why don't you three come with me, I'd be happy to purchase it for you, as a thank you and good luck to my dear Spikey-Wikey," Rarity pinched Spike's cheeks and he turned red and gave a nervous chuckle.

"We'd be happy to accept your generous offer," Braeburn said happily.


Team Rocket sat in awkward silence in the back room of Rarity's Boutique. A tray of fresh drinks and a few snacks had been set out for them.

"This is weird," Cheerilee decided, earning a sigh of relief.

"Final one of you said it," Braeburn groaned "this is so weird, were waiting for Rarity to buy us some gem, so we can use it for evil,"

"Maybe we won't use it for evil," Spike said, trying to lighten the mood "maybe we need it to hide better, your barn won't be safe for long if we keep leaving giant robot footprints and treed tracks all over the place leading right to it," The Trio quietly talked amongst themselves about what the gem might be used for, they were interrupted when Chrysalis spoke through Spike's charm.

"Progress report,"

"We talked Rarity into buying the gem for us,"

"Oh nicely done," Chrysalis chuckled "once you get it just get outside of Canterlot and I'll teleport you back to home base," Spike and Cheerilee nodded silently before Braeburn spoke up.

"Why not teleport us back once we have the gem?" He questioned.

"Because if my Magic is sensed in Canterlot the Princesses will hunt me down and beat me into the dirt," Chrysalis replied curtly "And I don't wanna find a new home, the Everfree forest was too drafty, and that Zebra kept harassing me with rhymes," Chrysalis signed off and the Trio continued their short wait for Rarity, who Returned with their prize in a small red Box, She gave it to Spike who took it gingerly.

"Here you go Spikey-Wikey, It's a very nice centerpiece I must admit, what are you using it for?" Spike, Cheerilee, and Braeburn all looked at the box, then back to Rarity.

"We dunno," The replied simply.

"Boss didn't say," Braeburn added. Cheerilee and Spike hurridly hushed him and Rarity cocked her ears.

"Oh, sounds like your mysterious Benefactor is more in charge of your operation,"

"We Picked the name," Spike replied confidently.

"She did make the clothes though," Cheerilee added.

"And stopped us from exploding that one time," Braeburn added helpfully, Rarity stared at them in silence as Spike leaped up with great speed and together with Cheerilee smacked Braeburn over the head. "Ow"

"We don't need to tell people about the exploding part of the job," Cheerilee said irritably as Spike turned back to Rarity.

"Sorry Rarity but we're on a bit of a schedule and-" Rarity got on her knees and made Spike look her in the eyes, they were very serious.

"Explain," She said simply.

"Twilight has blown us up multiple times," Spike said instantly.

"Except that one time Rainbow blew us up, and that one-time Twilight just kind of through us over a mountain, I think we've blown up every time," Braeburn corrected, earning another smack from Cheerilee and Spike, who turned to him angrily.

"Shut up," They said, they turned back to Rarity and watched as she closed the door to the waiting room and locked it.

"Oh no," Spike said, "Rarity, please don't tell Twilight where we are, I don't wanna get blown up again if I can avoid it," Rarity didn't say anything and after a moment they heard her leave.

"She is so going to Twilight to demand answers," Spike cried out "We have like 10 minutes before they come back and Rarity helps her blow us up,"

"Braeburn," Cheerilee said angrily "Fix this!"

"Why me?" he demanded.

"Because your big mouth caused this!" Spike snapped back. Braeburn stood his ground and then took a deep breath.

"Boss Help!" He cried out "We're gonna get blown up again!" Spike and Cheerilee looked at him when Spike's charm came to life.

"What happened?" She asked exasperated.

"Braeburns big mouth got us locked in Rarity's waiting room as she goes to ask Twilight for answers," Cheerilee replied, "Spike says with Rarity's maximum Spell range she and Twilight will be back in like 10 minutes!"

"Well Rarity can't teleport, but she knows a guy, he lives like 9 minutes away though, but yes, we are so screwed!"

"Spike your a dragon," Chrysalis replied simply "just melt the lock or the door," Chrysalis signed off and Spike sighed.

"Braeburn if Rarity hates me for this I will blame you forever," He snapped before going to the door and blowing fire at the lock, in less than a minute the door was busted, and after a second-minute and deciding they didn't want to make it too easy for Rarity to hate them, they left their Bag of Bits by the door so she could pay for the lock, then booked it with their prize.

"So long as we run, we should make it to the Balloon just before Twilight arrives," Spike said as they rushed to the dock they had left their Balloon at, They made it with no opposition and jumped in, untying the Roaps from the inside. They could hear approaching Hoof steps as they untied the last rope al hide from view as they began floating away.

"Yes," Braeburn as they began floating away, only for the Balloon to come to a sharp stop and cause the trio to fall over. "Ow!" Braeburn complained as he got up and looked towards the doc and frowned.

"Is it Twilight?" Cheerilee asked.

"No?" Braeburn asked as the Mare holding them spoke up.

"Spike," Spike immediately started sweating as curled up a little.

"Who is that?" Cheerilee asked as she looked over to see a mare that looked similar to Twilight but her coloring was different.

"My Mother," Spike replied as Twilight Velvet tapped her hoof. Cheerilee and Braeburn looked at Twilight velvet and then slid down out of sight.

"Your Mom looks Really mad," Cheerilee noted, meanwhile Braeburn had gone a different path.

"Twilights your sister?" he demanded "and she still blew you and yeeted us into the horizon!?"

"Spike," Velvet repeated as Rarity joined her on the dock.

"You told my mother?" Spike demanded as he finally popped into view, he looked at Rarity and failed to stay mad "Thanks for not telling Twilight, she would have just popped the Balloon,"

"And that is why I am here," Velvet said, a vein throbbing in her head "What is going on with you and your sister, I want answers, I want you to come down here and explain, Spike looked at his mother as Cheerilee and Braeburn joined him in looking at the two holdings them in place.

"Show of Hands," Spike said "No hand we explain, Hands up we blow ourselves up to avoid all of this,"

"Spike-" Rarity attempted when Team Rocket all raised their hands.

"Braeburn self-destruct," Spike declared.

"Self Destruct?" Braeburn asked.

"Self Destruct," Cheerilee confirmed, and with that Braeburn pulled a sharp rock out of his pocket and chucked it at the Balloon, it hit the side and punctured it, and with that, the Balloon shot away with such force it broke Twilight Velvet's hold on it and both she and Rarity watched in disbelief as the Balloon rocketed upwards.

"This maybe wasn't such a good idea," Spike noted as they went shot upwards.

"Better than talking to your angry mom," Cheerilee countered as she used one hand to hold onto the Dragon and another to hold on for dear life.

"I dunno what I'd do with Applejack in that Situation," Braeburn added as he did the same as Cheerilee "But I do know what thing-"

"It looks like Team Rocker's Blasting off Again!"

Rarity and Twilight Velvet watched as the Balloon disappeared from view as it rocketed away.

"Rarity?" Twilight Velvet asked as she looked at the spot where her son had disappeared into the horizon "Would you please company me as I ask my Daughter why my youngest Child is no longer in her care?"

"Very much so yes," Rarity replied with a notable eye twinge.


The shattered twigs of a basket floated to the shore of a lake as Chrysalis Teleported to the landing zone, sweating slightly.

"I look away for 12 minutes and there on the opposite side of the country," She said as she looked for her team, after a moment she spotted Cheerilee hanging in a daze in the branches of a nearby Tree.

After pulling her Down Cheerilee sat up, her eyes swirling, and declared proudly. That was the worst one yet," before falling back to the ground trying to lay away from the pain of impact, she then found Braeburn floating in the water and reeled him in, she pushed on his chest and he spat up some water.

"I'm alive," he said weakly before flopping on the ground. After a moment of not finding Spike, she was about to go into the water when he weakly cried out.

"Ow," And she quickly located him in a rose bush and lay him next to his comrades after Dethorning them.

"You three are going to kill yourselves at some point," Braeburn was the only one to respond by offering her his hat, inside of it was the box containing the gem she had asked for. "Good job though," She added as she picked them up and teleported them home with her.


Twilight was busy with her friends as she tried to scrub off the last of the Team Rocket R's on her Castle when Twilight Velvet angrily cleared her throat.

"Mom?" Twilight asked in shock. "Rarity?"

"Hi Honey," Velvet said staring her daughter down "How's your little brother doing?" Twilight and Velvet looked at each other for a moment when Twilight lit her horn and teleported away and Velvet looked to her friends, who all froze as Rarity walked up.

"Pinkie you drew short straw," Rainbow called "You have to explain to Rarity!"

Author's Note:

I had the ability to update any story... obviously I chose this one cause every one loves it

Comments ( 1 )

"This is gonna be the easiest mission ever," Braeburn cheered "Not Twilight, no way we explode," The Three ran into trouble immediately after Braeburn's Cheer.

I was about to warn him to never say something like that, but it seems I were too late...

"Oh, my," Rarity said with a smile "I know that gem, it's on display at the shop across the way from my local Boutique, why don't you three come with me, I'd be happy to purchase it for you, as a thank you and good luck to my dear Spikey-Wikey,"

Well, this could have gone worse...
In fact, all things considered that went pretty well.

"She is so going to Twilight to demand answers," Spike cried out "We have like 10 minutes before they come back and Rarity helps her blow us up,"

Aren't they still in Canterlot? I don't think Rarity would be that fast...
Edit: nevermind, it's (kinda) explained later.

"Who is that?" Cheerilee asked as she looked over to see a mare that looked similar to Twilight but her coloring was different.
"My Mother," Spike replied as Twilight Velvet tapped her hoof.

Does that make things better or worse for them?

"This maybe wasn't such a good idea," Spike noted as they went shot upwards.
"Better than talking to your angry mom," Cheerilee countered

Both of them have a point...


Yay update!
On suggestion though: try to reword the first paragraph. I mean this block of text is a single sentence. Try to split it up into smaller parts.

Login or register to comment