• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 1,274 Views, 15 Comments

I got to get it back - Miner



Starlight accidentally sends Sunburst a love letter.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,274

Get the letter!

It is a wonderful day at Ponyville Spa. Two ponies are enjoying their services to the fullest. Although this is not cheap to go here, it is manageable with friends. That is why Starlight and Trixie have met up with each other to spit the difference of the royal treatment. Starlight is in the tub half-submerged as her best friend is getting a message.

"This is the best." Starlight sinks lower into the tub, blowing bubbles as Trixie lets a low groan as a small crack comes from her back,

"I know," Trixie closes her eyes and was about to go to sleep when she remembered something she did a while ago. It was nothing too big, but she thought that Starlight should know about it, "Oh, Starlight. I thought you would like to know that I put your letter in the mail."

"Oh, thanks." Starlight replied without thinking about it. After a few seconds, Trixie's statement draws a question in Starlight's head. She then moves to the edge of the tub to look at her friend, "Letter? What letter?"

"You know, that letter you left in my wagon."

"What? I didn't leave any... wait." Starlight then remembers that she did write a letter — two of them, to be precise. One of them was a friendship letter that she wrote for Twilight. And the other... No, it couldn't be that one. She remembers that she put that one in her saddlebag before leaving Trixie's wagon, and it is safely inside a small box under her bed. But just in case.

a small sweat goes down her brow as she nervously asks, "Ah, Trixie. Did this letter had a sun stamp on it?"

Trixie looks up thoughtful trying to remember, "Yes. I believe it did," She looks at her friend, "It was addressed to Sunburst know that I think about it."

It took every fiber in Starlight being not the scream at her friend's actions have just sent an embarrassing love letter to her childhood friend. It is not like it was the first time she has written such a letter. In fact she has written many of them, but she never sent them to him. Writing the letters was more a past time hobby for her. Some of with have been a little saucier in them than a letter should have in them. And it so happens that during her trip with Trixie in her wagon she wrote one of those letters. It must have fallen out of her bag at one point. "Yes. That the one." She says calmly as sweat goes swiftly down her face, "When did you send this letter out?"

"A day ago, why?"

Starlight jumps out of the bath and quickly dries herself, "I just remember that I have something vital that I must do."

"What!?" Trixie then stands up to see her friend brushing her hair, "Can't it wait?"

If Ponyville mail service is a good as it is, then it should be just arriving at the Crystal Empire by now. If she hurries she might just make it in time before Sun Burst reads it, "I am afraid not, Trixie. It is a matter of life and death."

"I thought Trixie was the dramatic one."

"I am sorry, Trixie. I will make it up to you later. But I must go now!" Starlight then teleports out of the spa.

Trixie jaw drops when she saw her friend leaving her behind without leaving behind her share of bits for the service. Slowly she looks at one of the spa ponies and notices that she is glaring at her. "I guess that Trixie must pay for her, right?"
The spa pony nodded as Trixie's ears went flat against her head, "Trixie was afraid of that."


Starlight uses her magic to do multiple teleports to get to the Crystal Empire. Normally doing such things was reckless and very tasking but Starlight had good motivation to get there. Once there, her horn was bright red at the tip and was smoking a little. Not wanting to wait for her horn to cool off, Starlight races towards Sunburst house. By the time she got to the house, her horn was feeling better, and just in time to see Sunburst entering his home.

Not wanting to comfort him. Starlight sneaks close to the house peaks through the window. She can see Sunburst at his desk reading on who knows what.

"Perfect." Starlight thought to herself.

Closing her eyes, she then lights up her horn and casts a spell to scan the house for anything that was hers. She can feel something small nearby Sunburst. Opening her eyes, she can see the letter she is looking for on a table next to Sunburst.

"Good. Wait. Not good!" Starlight bitting her, hooves, "How am I going to get it now?" Sit down on the ground; Starlight thinks hard. If use uses her magic on the letter to teleport or levitate it out, then Sunburst would notice. She has to find a way to get the letter without Sunburst realizing that it is gone. After thinking for three minutes, she comes up with a brilliant idea. She laughs to herself, "He will never see this coming."

Starlight grabs some pillows from the next-door neighbor. She ties them to her hooves and then cast an invisibility spell on herself and a boom. Now Sunburst can't see or hear her. She will get that letter back before he even knows what happen.

Quickly as Starlight could walking like a penguin, she moves to the entrance of the house and slowly opens the door.

A bell went off above Starlight head.

Looking up. She can see a small bell was above the door. She can only guess that Sunburst has recently installed this bell because she doesn't remember him having one above his door before. Noisey little bugger.

"Hamburgers." Starlight said to herself,

"I will be right there," Sunburst calls out.

Starlight starts to panic. She needs to enter the house without Sunburst knowing that she is there, but how? Looking around, she found some crystal foals playing nearby. Using her magic she beings the foals inside the house and enters with them and stands in a corner.

Sunburst enters the room to sees three foals running around in his house, chasing each other.

After Sunburst's brain started to work again, he had to ask one crucial question, "What are you all doing in my house?"

The foals then came to a stop as they ran into each. Once back on their hooves, they look at each other, trying to come up with a reason as to why they are playing tag in a stranges house. "I don't know." one of them said.

"Well, then can you all please leave?"

"Okay, bye, Mr." One of the foals called out as they leave his house.

"Bye." Sunburst closes the door after them confused, "That was weird." And he then goes back to his desk.

Starlight then lets out a breath she was holding and slowly walks to the room where Sunburst has gone. She can see, the letter of embarrassment just out of reach. Now anypony with magical abilities would use their magic to get the letter from across the room and then leaves. But they never had to deal with Sunburst before. He is like a magic bloodhound. He will notice something like that in an instant and come after her. That is why Starlight has to resort to this sneaky plan of hers. She rather not have to deal with Sunburst chasing her. That is something that she is not looking forward to ever.

Slowly, she crawls to the table on her belly.

She untie one hoof and lifs her hoof above the table,

She moves her hoof across the top until she feels the letter,

She grabs the letter in her hoof.

Success!

"Starlight?"

Starlight covers her mouth from screaming and looks over her shoulder back at Sunburst. He is looking right at her. Starlight looks herself over to see if the invisibility spell word off. Nope, she still not there.

"Starlight?" Sunburst called out again, looking around and sniffing for some reason... ohhhh right.

Silly old Starlight. Sunburst wasn't a magic bloodhound. He was a regular bloodhound with a very good nouse. He probably calling out to her because he can smell her.

Wait.

HE CAN SMELL HER!

"Starlight you there?"

"Calm down Starlight panicking right now won't help anypony." Curse her and love for sunflower setten shampoo! She has just come from the spa, and the smell of a fresh bath is still on her. "You can't lose focus right now Starlight you need to think of a way out of this... wait... that is it!" Starlight then throws one of her pillows to the other side of the room.

Sunburst looks at the direction where the pillow went, and he sees a stack of books tipping over.

"No!" Sunburst uses his magic to stops the falling books. During that moment, Starlight made a break for the door and left the house.

"Either that is one firm pillow or that was one weak stack of books."

Starlight doesn't stop until she is two houses away. Only once she calms down does Starlight realize that she had dropped the letter in her haste to leave the house.

"HAMBURGERS!"


Sunburst has had a very unusual day. After coming home from the castle, he started to notice bizarre things occurring in his house. First off, he found foals were rooming his house. Then there was the smell of sunflowers and then his books falling over. He knew that he should have put those in smaller piles. And he was then finding a random pillow in his office. And that was just the beginning.

Shortly after that. He heard somepony calling him from somewhere in his house. When he went to look in the direction of the voice, he then heard it coming from somewhere else. After looking aimlessly for a little while he figures that somepony is pulling a prank on him. So he cast a small shock field around him. It is perfectly harmless to any creature as large as a pony that gets hit by it. The worst they would feel would be a small shock. He then expands it outward to surround the house. He then hears the sound of a tiny scream coming from his office and then a tiny flash of magic. Looking where the light was coming from, he found the letter that Starlight sent him on the ground. He thought for sure that he put it back on his desk after finding it on the ground the first time.

Then there was that strange visit from a crystal guard. She told him that they were giving a heads up about an illegal sustain being seeing in his house. And had to search his home. It took him a while to realize that this guard needs a good reason even to do something like this, and she didn't even have a letter from the guard to give him to show that this was real. He quickly kicked her out. Especially once he found her trying to take Starlight letter from him. He then put the letter in between some books after that. He had no idea what that was about and even called the guards to look into it.

Oh, and how can he ever forget about that cat he found outside his house? The cute little thing just looked like it needed a place to stay and brought inside his home. The little devil. It was all cute and cuddly at first, and he even went out to get some things for the little thing. However, once he had come back, he found most of his house a mess, and the feline was going those his book! He had no idea why it was doing such things. But no one touches his rare book collection! It took him a whole hour to get that feline out of his house. It is incredible that such a small creature could be so violent with tiny little SHARP claws.

Sunburst was bandaging his wounds from the creature when there was a knock at the door.

"NO!" Sunburst stomps his way to the door, "I don't care if you have cookies for sale or are Shining Armor himself. I have don't want to deal with any more shenanigans today. So whatever this is, you better have a good reason to be bothering me." Sunburst opens the door to relieve Starlight stand there.

"STARLIGHT!"

"Hi, Sunburst," She rubs the floor embarress that she has to resort to this to get the letter, "Is this a bad time?"

"NO! No, not at all. Please come in."

"Thanks." Starlight enters the house with Sunburst closing the door behind her, "What happened here?" She asks, not that she doesn't know.

"A bad day. Nothing you need to worry about."

"Are you okay there, Sunburst?" She asks noticing the bandage on him,

"I am just fine." They both then take a seat on his couch. "So Starlight, what brings you here today?"

"Well, It is kind of embarrassing, but have you received a letter from me recently?"

"Yes, actually. Did you need it back?"

"Yes, if it not a problem."

"No problem at all." Sunburst then leaves to get the letter.

That went a whole lot easier then Starlight had thought this would go. She thought for sure that he would be asking questions like are the words she wrote to him real, or but it is mine or something. Not just hang on, I will get it. What is going on? What if he doesn't feel the same way for her!?

Sunburst reenters the room, "And funny you mention this letter Starlight." Sunburst gives her the letter, "You won't believe me, but so many creatures and ponies have been trying to get this friendship report from me."

"Well, that is unusual." Starlight takes the letter and then realize what he had just said, "Wait, friendship report?"

"Yes, the friendship report you wrote for Princess Twilight. You send it to me by mistake. I thought you knew about that already. That is the reason you are here, right?"

"Ah, yes!" She said quickly, "Yes, I did. That is why I am here."

"I would have sent it back to you, but I don't know your current address, and the letter didn't have a return address."

"Why don't take care of that?"

"Sure."

"Few! Sunburst didn't read the letter. Wait." She looks down at the letter, "But if this is the friendship report. Then where is the Love letter? A nervous chill went down her back as a terrible thought came to mind to where it might have gone, "Ah oh!"


Meanwhile at Castle Friendship,

Twilight has just finished reading Starlight's lastest friendship report? A small blush is on her face as she puts the letter away. "When I asked Starlight to start sending me a friendship report's. I wasn't expecting anything like this."

Comments ( 15 )

This is a funny idea :derpytongue2: I liked the bit at the end where Twilight received the love letter haha.

As for feedback, the actual execution of the story could use some work. Two things you should work on are making dialogue read smoothly and sticking to one tense when narrating.

Cheers :trollestia:

9224611
I thought I did a good job, and thanks for the feed back

Okay, that ending was actually really good.

At least it wasn't a lust note.

9224611
I agree. This had a great idea but the execution could use some work. Try getting an editor to review before publishing. Otherwise, looking forward to your next story.

Dreadnought

9225982
Two Years and I barely got an editor to look at another story.

9226004
I've edited stories from time to time. Thanks to the military, my time of late is relatively short, but I could look over a one-shot if you're interested.

Dreadnought

9229303
:rainbowhuh: what is invisi?

Comment posted by PearlCrescendo deleted Oct 16th, 2018

9232161
I believe he was referring to Trixie.

Oh that ending makes me smile

where's romance tag?
9224620

Login or register to comment